LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Behavioural Heath centers too much like county jail?

I have been to psych units on 5 different occasions and came out more f**ked up in the head than I went in. Is it just me or are the psych ward's in America ran too much like a jail? I really am disgusted at the fact that mental health treatment is really this poor. Anyone has similar experiences or feelings about this?

• Like 1

The government-run ones have never been good. Their focus has always been more on retention instead of cure. I've visited a few over the years and I've known several friends who used them. At best they try to stabilize the patient, then they go no further. According to which section the person is in they may be better than jail, but not by much at all. I know about the latter on a personal basis so I feel my thoughts are pretty accurate. I live in the second-largest fastest growing metropolitan area in my State, but even here there is almost nothing else for the poor. If you can wait maybe three months, you can get from 3 to 6 half-hour sessions with a counseller; otherwise you have no other options. And insurance may not cover this either, at best imposing low limits unless you've got a premium- grade policy. We've got a seriously screwed-up nation in so, so many ways :crybaby:

At least here we do our best to help each other but it's a poor substitute for the true professional help so many could benefit from.

Bettypooh

When I was a kid I was in one for a year and a half I came out more fucked up then I went in I was  15 when  I ran away from my home and quit all meds and therapy I got a job selling online started a knew life and was never recaptured even people that I've known since the first month of me running away say I'm completely sane  I've gone my whole life since then everybody that I know says I'm perfectly normal and here's where it gets funny I took a psych evaluation for a  job as a cab driver and it came out I was one hundred percent fine often times the problem isn't the person they stick in the psych ward its the people around them in  my case my mother was so lazy she  lied to everyone to prove I was crazy during her divorce so the judge would award her full alamony for the rest of her life and they put me on lithium which eroded all of my teeth before I was seventeen I had to have them all pulled it still makes me sick however I'm grateful for some of the things it gave me it made me so muture that I was able to meet the love of my life my girlfriend she was 18 when we meant I was a mere 16 years old we dated for 8 months before I grew to trust her enough to tell her how old I really was and who I really was she told me she always thought I was like 24 years old I  laid there in her arms crying like a little kid the whole time she helped through me it in so many ways now that I'm 22 years old most people think I'm in my mid thritys how ever I gained an early maturity which has been a true blessing I know someone is going to get the idea but we were doing it the whole time but we never had sex until I was 18  she was 20 at the time and age of consent was 16 in our legal jurisdiction no she never made any advances toward me I didn't to her either DISCLAIMER I AM NOT ENCOURAGING ANYONE TO RUN AWAY FROM HOME OR STOP THERE TREATMENT I AM JUST TELLING MY PERSONAL  STORY AND WHAT I DID WAS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS I WAS VERY VERY LUCKY THAT  THINGS WENT THE WAY THEY DID IF I HAD KNOWN HOW DANGEROUS RUNNING AWAY WAS WHEN I WAS 15 I WOULD NOT HAVE DONE WHAT I DID AGAIN I AM NOW 22 YEARS OLD and I am currently applying for a job with my local police department so that I can hopefully put my knowledge to good use 

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING 

• Like 1

Thanks, it is true that sometimes it isn't the person thats insane but the people he or she deals with. The world can be a very hostile and unwelcoming place at times. But we must try to improve things for ourselves and those we care about.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Once When I was about 6 I was taken to a ward just to be asked to Close a door, I did that and the doctor simply said that I have No autism and was Not mentally unstable. Well 20 years later I get phyc tested for about 6 hours. Turns out, I have "High Functioning Autism". We need More Mental Health facilities extremely bad. The Mental Health System is a Complete Joke. :bash: 

2 hours ago, repetitivediaperwetter88 said:

Once When I was about 6 I was taken to a ward just to be asked to Close a door, I did that and the doctor simply said that I have No autism and was Not mentally unstable. Well 20 years later I get phyc tested for about 6 hours. Turns out, I have "High Functioning Autism". We need More Mental Health facilities extremely bad. The Mental Health System is a Complete Joke. :bash: 

We don't necessarily need more facilities, just better ones. More advancements in psychiatry/psychology are a absolute must. We actually know so little about psychiatry that in fall more in the catagory of a pseudoscience  rather than an actual science. Many of the treatments available currently tend to worsen people's conditions rather than helping them like it should. All the drugs I was force fed for years caused long term/permanent abnormalities in my brain chemistry. If the doc is gonna prescribe you meds, better hope they get it right on their first try because the wrong meds can really mess you up bad like in my case. I probably have tried more than two dozen types of medication before we got to a somewhat workable set up. Not even close to touching excellent though.