LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

On 7/29/2018 at 5:09 PM, Lil Fox Scotty 91 said:

Have another question, I was considering switching to the Abu peakabu's to give me more absorbency because changing out in public is difficult and uncomfortable for me. How are the Abu peakabu's? I would like one to last me a whole day.

Define "Whole day"? Now I did get to try them, though I got the Simple Ultras as they were out of the Peek ABU's, and they are certainly very absorbent. Depending on how often you urinate, they "Could" last all day, though for skin health I'd suggest changing at least once a day. But they are also more expensive than the other ABU products, honestly I never used one to capacity, about 3/4.. maybe, and that took about 10hrs (I was at work), so I went back to just the standard ABU Simples instead or Little Pawz to indulge my furry side.

54 minutes ago, Nyte Kitsune said:

Define "Whole day"? Now I did get to try them, though I got the Simple Ultras as they were out of the Peek ABU's, and they are certainly very absorbent. Depending on how often you urinate, they "Could" last all day, though for skin health I'd suggest changing at least once a day. But they are also more expensive than the other ABU products, honestly I never used one to capacity, about 3/4.. maybe, and that took about 10hrs (I was at work), so I went back to just the standard ABU Simples instead or Little Pawz to indulge my furry side.

I have rash resistant skin. I urinate A LOT, but that's why I triple layered boosters when I am wearing rearz. Whole day = 24 hours by my definition. But I decided only to go that heavy duty only at home. In public i've been wearing dry 24/7, which last me 6 to 8 hours.

Wearing a single diaper for 24 hours is unwise no matter how rash resistant your skin is. The warm damp environment inside a diaper is the perfect breeding ground for all kinds of nasty bugs.  I would take bets that most incontinent people change their diapers a minimum of 3 times per day.  Put a clean one on in the morning, change at lunch time, and again before going to bed.  I would also change in the afternoon after getting home from work.  Needless to say, there are also changes necessary anytime you mess a diaper.

I would find wearing a single diaper, no matter how absorbent, for 24 hours very uncomfortable. 

7 minutes ago, Craisler said:

Wearing a single diaper for 24 hours is unwise no matter how rash resistant your skin is. The warm damp environment inside a diaper is the perfect breeding ground for all kinds of nasty bugs.  I would take bets that most incontinent people change their diapers a minimum of 3 times per day.  Put a clean one on in the morning, change at lunch time, and again before going to bed.  I would also change in the afternoon after getting home from work.  Needless to say, there are also changes necessary anytime you mess a diaper.

I would find wearing a single diaper, no matter how absorbent, for 24 hours very uncomfortable. 

The 24 hour ones I use only at home, for playtime. But in most other cases it's 8 hours.

That’s good. The Confidry 24/7 diapers expand to nearly 3 inches when they a saturated. I’m betting you’d look like a diapered cartoon character if you wore something like that outside the house.  With booster pads the thickness would be even greater. 

6 minutes ago, Craisler said:

That’s good. The Confidry 24/7 diapers expand to nearly 3 inches when they a saturated. I’m betting you’d look like a diapered cartoon character if you wore something like that outside the house.  With booster pads the thickness would be even greater. 

I only use boosters at home.

At home, I primarily use cloth diapers. They’re more practical, cheaper, and I prefer the feel of them to disposables. Of course, I grew up wearing cloth diapers.  Pampers hadn’t been invented yet. 

My skin is pretty tough too. On workdays, I shower and put on a Moli for work. When I get back home I change, usually after a shower unless I have dirty chores to do here, then I shower later. For home-wear it's almost always cheapo pull-ups which get changed when soaked, sometime with me using the toilet partially and sometimes not. I don't poop in my diapers. My skin is almost always in contact with a wet diaper yet rashes are rather rare for me and serious rashes maybe once or twice a year. 

I haven't tried every disposable out there, but with me being active at work neither have I found a disposable which can endure more than 8 hours before the onset of failure of some kind- clumping, stretching, tapes releasing, and once in a blue moon a top-sheet separation releasing padding. It just doesn't seem to be in the cards to do better than this in manufacturing diapers, but since very few wear beyond 8 hours it's not necessarily a failure on the part of diaper manufacturers. Diapers are meant to be changed before they begin to fail, and I can think of few situations where extending wear beyond 8 hours would be mandated, though changing might be inconvenient or problematic in other ways. And by 8 hours, the absorbed urine will be stale, stinky, and far more reactive with the skin so I wouldn't advise going there. 

Having said that, I have tried extended wear to 24 hours using boosters and multiple diapers before and it did work as far as diaper performance went, but my skin took a beating and I stank to high heaven so I won't be doing it again. There's neither a need for that nor any real benefit in it for me though YMMV. Try it if you like, but I think you'll come to the same conclusions.

Bettypooh

On 8/5/2018 at 8:11 AM, Bettypooh said:

My skin is pretty tough too. On workdays, I shower and put on a Moli for work. When I get back home I change, usually after a shower unless I have dirty chores to do here, then I shower later. For home-wear it's almost always cheapo pull-ups which get changed when soaked, sometime with me using the toilet partially and sometimes not. I don't poop in my diapers. My skin is almost always in contact with a wet diaper yet rashes are rather rare for me and serious rashes maybe once or twice a year. 

I haven't tried every disposable out there, but with me being active at work neither have I found a disposable which can endure more than 8 hours before the onset of failure of some kind- clumping, stretching, tapes releasing, and once in a blue moon a top-sheet separation releasing padding. It just doesn't seem to be in the cards to do better than this in manufacturing diapers, but since very few wear beyond 8 hours it's not necessarily a failure on the part of diaper manufacturers. Diapers are meant to be changed before they begin to fail, and I can think of few situations where extending wear beyond 8 hours would be mandated, though changing might be inconvenient or problematic in other ways. And by 8 hours, the absorbed urine will be stale, stinky, and far more reactive with the skin so I wouldn't advise going there. 

Having said that, I have tried extended wear to 24 hours using boosters and multiple diapers before and it did work as far as diaper performance went, but my skin took a beating and I stank to high heaven so I won't be doing it again. There's neither a need for that nor any real benefit in it for me though YMMV. Try it if you like, but I think you'll come to the same conclusions.

Bettypooh

I have done the 24 hour thing before and it worked and skin was still intact. But doing that requires multiple boosters to keep you dry and comfortable. But I only do the 24 hour diapers at home because they are far too thick to hide. Oh by the way, my pain is gone.

• 3 weeks later...

That concept is flawed for many reasons :-
- Average urine production in an adult is 1ml per minute. 1 day = 8 hours = 60*8 = 480ml of urine for a diaper to hold. The only diapers that can handle that is the premium diaper which are not only expensive, they are also bulky.
- A diaper leaks most often when full / close to full. This means that plastic pants and changes of clothing will be required.
- A full diaper will force one to visibly waddle - thus exposing one is wearing a diaper.
- 8 hours in a wet diaper will cause rashes on butt and/or genitals and/or inside thighs.
- 8 hours is long enough for urine to go stale and smell

The better alternative is to change every 4 hours or less. This does mean some form of diaper bag, but with the average work day being 8 hours, one can easily use the bathroom to change during scheduled breaks / before work and/or after work. An adult diaper / pull-up etc can easily be placed in the inside of a padded jacket.

Diaper wearing, as with not wearing a diaper does require some planning and organsiation.

The (previously) toilet trained amongst us were taught:-
- to void before we went out, so we wouldn't need a bathroom on the journey.
- to check if we needed to void when we seen a bathroom - in case we needed a bathroom later and were out of range.
- to be mindful of the state of our bladder / bowels - so we could get to a bathroom with ample time to spare.

When taking care of a diaper dependent baby, we
- change the babies diaper before we leave the house = ensure that the diaper is clean and will last the journey
- bring a diaper changing bag with diapers and wipes with us.
- on reaching our destination, check if the baby's diaper needs changing.
- keep an eye on the baby and change when needed

Exactly the same is required since we are the diaper dependant. As a result we
- change the babies diaper before we leave the house  = ensure that the diaper is clean and will last the journey
- bring a diaper changing bag with diapers and wipes with us.
- on reaching our destination, check if the baby's diaper needs changing.
- keep an eye on the baby and change when needed.

Exact same instructions, without the word 'baby'.

Dont forget to Air out daily for at least 30 minutes or longer I sit on an disposable  bed pad on my chair just incase I pee,  most times the bedpad gets used as I het no warnings I am anout to pee.  The tena insta dey bed pad works the best I use the larger one to make sure the whole chair is covered.

Airing out is a must for anyone who needs to wear 24/7

• Like 1

Wearing duration can vary a lot with the individual. One diaper generally lasts me a whole workday, but by the end swelling can be visible and there will likely be a noticible stale urine odor. The strength of that can vary, but generally I am working alone or have enough control over my work environment to stay downwind of others so they do not notice it. I have no problem with waddling- the swelled diaper doesn't get me any of that but the padding does tend to be falling apart at that point. Leakage might also be imminent. 

So I just monitor my condition and adjust around it, and if I should change then I do. I can't afford to double my diaper costs by changing on a four hour schedule when that is not necessary for me. 95%+ of the time 8 hours wearing works fine for me, and to each their own as long as it's working well for you however long you wear.

Bettypooh