LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

After that experience, I came to the conclusion that it’s a good idea to have a complete change of clothes easily available; just in case. I have a gym bag in the car and have a complete set of clothing in my carry-on bag along with several spare diapers when I travel.   Even in your case, I’d seriously consider rolling the waistband in, just to be safe. 

Is it a good idea to keep two brands of diapers around? One for relaxing at home and one to go about my daily activities in. I've decided to go with dry 24/7 for public wearing and a ABDL style diaper if I am staying at home all day. 

Medically incontinent people I know keep several varieties of diapers available for different purposes or levels of protection depending on the situation. Cheap ones for short term use around home. Regular ones for normal use daily. Very heavy absorbent diapers for times when changing might be very inconvenient or impossible. 

• Like 3
On 7/31/2018 at 4:38 PM, Craisler said:

After that experience, I came to the conclusion that it’s a good idea to have a complete change of clothes easily available; just in case. I have a gym bag in the car and have a complete set of clothing in my carry-on bag along with several spare diapers when I travel.   Even in your case, I’d seriously consider rolling the waistband in, just to be safe. 

Thanks again for your advice on this topic. I actually put on a diaper while standing much neater today than yesterday!

Practice, practice.  Once you get the technique down at home, you can then try it in a public lavatory stall.  Handicap stalls provide enough room to do the job properly and also dispose of the used diaper discretely. 

9 hours ago, Craisler said:

Medically incontinent people I know keep several varieties of diapers available for different purposes or levels of protection depending on the situation. Cheap ones for short term use around home. Regular ones for normal use daily. Very heavy absorbent diapers for times when changing might be very inconvenient or impossible. 

Very true just what I do.

Start of day 4 update: I had my first accident when I didn't notice I was wetting until things started getting really warm. Bowel movements are becoming easier to pass and much softer. Pain is very little now. My friends noticed my mood has been better and I look well. I think my decision has been made, 24/7 is the way to go!

Glad it’s working out for you.  Bladder incontinence is pretty much a minor nuisance. You can wet your diaper anytime, anywhere and no one will know.  Wet diapers are easily changed when it’s convenient. Bowel incontinence is a good deal less convenient. Soil your diaper and everyone within 10 feet of you will know within 10 seconds. Clean up away from home is also a real pain. 

4 hours ago, Craisler said:

Glad it’s working out for you.  Bladder incontinence is pretty much a minor nuisance. You can wet your diaper anytime, anywhere and no one will know.  Wet diapers are easily changed when it’s convenient. Bowel incontinence is a good deal less convenient. Soil your diaper and everyone within 10 feet of you will know within 10 seconds. Clean up away from home is also a real pain. 

I would much rather deal with the clean up than my IBS pain. I do my best not to offend other's with the smell though. I may need some plastic pants to contain the smell though. Any good plastic pants recommendations?

11 minutes ago, Lil Fox Scotty 91 said:

I would much rather deal with the clean up than my IBS pain. I do my best not to offend other's with the smell though. I may need some plastic pants to contain the smell though. Any good plastic pants recommendations?

I have a few pairs of heavy weight plastic pants from adultclothdiaper.com very effective at containing leaks and odors.

If you wear disposables have you considered taking chlorophyll tablets to help neutralize fecal odor? People with frequent bowel incontinence do this and it really helps.

https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Chlorofresh-chlorophyll-concentrate/dp/B00016AGBQ/ref=sr_1_4_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1533251469&sr=1-4&keywords=chlorophyll+capsules

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Darkfinn said:

I have a few pairs of heavy weight plastic pants from adultclothdiaper.com very effective at containing leaks and odors.

If you wear disposables have you considered taking chlorophyll tablets to help neutralize fecal odor? People with frequent bowel incontinence do this and it really helps.

https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Chlorofresh-chlorophyll-concentrate/dp/B00016AGBQ/ref=sr_1_4_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1533251469&sr=1-4&keywords=chlorophyll+capsules

Didn't even know they made pills that make your poo smell less. Nice to know that, thanks!

• Like 1

Plastic pants aren’t normally as effective as rubber pants at containing the odor of soiled diapers. You need to minimize or eliminate air circulation, particularly along your spine in back, by having a snug fit at the waist. 

10 minutes ago, Craisler said:

Plastic pants aren’t normally as effective as rubber pants at containing the odor of soiled diapers. You need to minimize or eliminate air circulation, particularly along your spine in back, by having a snug fit at the waist. 

Thanks, I now know what to buy. Again thanks for all the help everybody.

3 hours ago, Lil Fox Scotty 91 said:

What are some good brands of rubber pants?

Many sorts of rubber pants are a fashion item, sold to make money, but "Kinky Diapers" make excellent rubber pants, sold to keep what is in a nappy, inside their pants.  Pay the extra 10% and get them chlorinated. 

A pooped diaper needs to be changed ASAP. There is really no way to fully contain the odor, and the longer you wait the more intense the odor will be. Plus poop is very hard on the is n which will make you more prone to rashes, which can very quickly turn into infections when poop is involved. Urine is fairly clean and inert when it is fresh, and it takes time before it gets stale, odorous, and bad for you. Poop starts out as being nearly poisonous and rapidly gets worse. If you have a problem that causes you to poop frequently and it's relatively solid, you can use a diaper life her which will contain that, and change liners without changing the diaper. 

There are some of us who have both a physical and emotional need to wear diapers, even to the point of enjoying them, but never do we have the right to impose on others, and the enjoyment part of this belongs in other forums- this forum is intended for discussing ONLY the medical aspects of wearing and incontinence ;) 

Betypooh

No argument that a dirty diaper should be changed as soon as possible. However, by using rubber pants over the diaper, “as soon as possible” doesn’t have to mean “immediately.”  You have a little more time before everyone in the room knows what has has happened. 

8 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

A pooped diaper needs to be changed ASAP. There is really no way to fully contain the odor, and the longer you wait the more intense the odor will be. Plus poop is very hard on the is n which will make you more prone to rashes, which can very quickly turn into infections when poop is involved. Urine is fairly clean and inert when it is fresh, and it takes time before it gets stale, odorous, and bad for you. Poop starts out as being nearly poisonous and rapidly gets worse. If you have a problem that causes you to poop frequently and it's relatively solid, you can use a diaper life her which will contain that, and change liners without changing the diaper. 

There are some of us who have both a physical and emotional need to wear diapers, even to the point of enjoying them, but never do we have the right to impose on others, and the enjoyment part of this belongs in other forums- this forum is intended for discussing ONLY the medical aspects of wearing and incontinence ;) 

Betypooh

I am doing everything I must to respect others, I make sure I don't smell too bad by containing odors and if it can't be contained, I will go get cleaned up. Although I enjoy wearing diapers even before my health became so poor I needed them, I don't flaunt this and show this off to others. In the bedroom I have all the fun I need, but in public they are a tool to help me stay healthy and comfortable.

5 hours ago, Craisler said:

No argument that a dirty diaper should be changed as soon as possible. However, by using rubber pants over the diaper, “as soon as possible” doesn’t have to mean “immediately.”  You have a little more time before everyone in the room knows what has has happened. 

About how long would you say is the absolute top time limit.

16 minutes ago, Lil Fox Scotty 91 said:

About how long would you say is the absolute top time limit.

I go 15-30 minutes but can go longer if I have to but usually 30 minutes gives enough time. Unless you are in a room full of people. Then I leave right away to find a bathroom to change

Good way to look at it.  When you need them medically, diapers are just a tool to help you get by normally, same as a wheelchair for someoe who can't walk, glasses for someone with bad eyesight or a hearing aid.  Even a cane or walker.  They are just tools.  For being a DL, you can still enjoy diaper play in the bedroom or wherever, but when you have a need they become just another tool.