LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Nappy rash

Newbee

Hi, as I'm still very new to all of this can anyone tell me if they ever get nappy rash and if so what they use to prevent it. I haven't had it as I have only worn a diaper a couple of times this is my first week in wearing them. Also is there anything else I should be doing besides wearing a diaper. All information is greatly appreciated.

I don’t think you really need to worry about diaper rash all to much. If you are wearing diapers recreationally, (like for fun), or on occasion for short periods of time. Even if you are wetting the diapers, if you are only in one for a short time, and changing out. Like no 24/7. The main thing to keep in mind, is staying as clean, and dry as you can. Don’t stay in a diaper to long (without a change, or return to underwear), even if you haven’t wet or soiled in it. You will sweat wearing a diaper, and your sweat over time can turn, and possibly cause a rash. But as I said, keeping yourself dry is a big key. Use baby powder, and apply defore you diaper. The powder, will help keep your skin dry. And if you feel you are predisposed to a rash, or you will be in a wet diaper for an extended period, you can buy some barrier cream. Look for it where the baby powder, and baby needs are, in your local store. It’s what it sounds like, it will act as a barrier, between your skin and a wet diaper. I hope that will help you, and answer your questions. 

If you stay in a wet diaper too long, your body will generally let you know. Tingly or slight burning sensation. You should use powder or a barrier cream to help. But you will just need to experiment and see what's best for you. Happy diaper time.:D

I got some irritation on my lower belly area once but then I used a thick night diaper with plastic pants overnight. That in a very hot summmer night Some cream and a few days without useing diapers and it went away but that is the only time it have happend.
Normaly I use baby powder and a diaper cream. I will say this you can use thick plastic diapers even in hot summer days but I do tend to try to dress more lightly and sleep with less hot and thinner bedlinnen.

Some of us are luckier than others with what our skin will tolerate.  I never have got rashes or skin problems much.  That means I can get away with wearing wet cloth nappies most of the time.  So far I've only got nappy rash once, & Sudocrem sorted that out quickly enough.

On 7/27/2018 at 7:07 AM, Newbee said:

Hi, as I'm still very new to all of this can anyone tell me if they ever get nappy rash and if so what they use to prevent it. I haven't had it as I have only worn a diaper a couple of times this is my first week in wearing them. Also is there anything else I should be doing besides wearing a diaper. All information is greatly appreciated.

Calmoseptin ointment is the best treatment I have found personally for my diaper rash.  When I first started wearing diapers permanently I would often experience routine diaper rash.  After a few months my skin seemed a lot less sensitive and now after a year of wearing diapers full time diaper rash is rare.  The key is to change your diaper as much as possible especially in warmer environments and to use baby powder liberally.  Do be careful though because you can use baby powder too much that it affects your diaper's absorbency.