LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Last appointment with continence nurse

Hi all

Just saw my continence nurse (hospital based) for the last time today and she was supposed to do bladder retraining with me assigned by urologist.

Previous appointment the nurse stated possible Neurogenic bladder which urodynamics did not show 7 years ago and got me to do a 3 day bladder diary.

When I showed her the diary today she stated the bladder was all over the place and is referring me to a work colleague that does community nursing for a catheter company for pads/equipment which I am afraid of having catheter+bag combination as really self conscious and would really accept pads/nappy as have had to accept by myself (no counseling etc due to not able to speak about it) and I am really active and have issues with things sticking on skin (perhaps sensory issues with asd/aspergers)as well as I am so overweight I will have issues seeing what I am doing inserting Catheter.

Any advice would be greatly accepted.

Thank you

If you don't want to cath for whatever reason, then you do not have to. Explain your reasons to them and explain that you would much rather deal with this by using diapers. It's possible that they might not want to give you diapers but you can get them on your own. Never is a medical problem treated in a manner which harms the patient in other ways if that can be avoided; this includes mental harm. It may take some effort on your part to convince them to allow you diapers but if that is what is best for you they need to go along with that. There is no valid reason for them to do otherwise.

Bettypooh

• Like 1

Bettypooh is correct the patient always has a choice in the treatment. Do not let them tell you that you don’t have a choice, don’t let them pressure you or make feel that you do not have a choice. The patient has just as much right to say they do not want to do a test, procedure, or treatment for whatever reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I 1st got hurt they tied me up in a cath for months. That & medication. I was on my 3rd cath  change when after the nurse pulled it out I said that's it! I asked for a diaper, penis clamp or anything to get me home of which they did have a pull-up. That was the end of cathing for me. Uncomfortable to keep inserted. End of penis always hurt & tubes & bag always attached. I went out & bought cheap diapers & did research on better ones. Since then I haven't looked back and I'm glad I haven't. I've been able to expand on all this and actually have some fun with it. In my opinion stay away from a cath unless it's just a short term thing

I am currently funded by the government for continence aid which has been funded since 2012 and last test was in 2011.

I have been using pull ups since 2009 thing is I am not sure if I empty fully all the time as sometimes I have issues starting or haven't felt I have completely emptied if thin makes sense and this community nurse who works at a Catheter company I was told would be measuring me for products as the one I saw at the hospital didnt so I might be ahead of myself even.