LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How are nurses and doctors reacting?

To nurses and doctors out there: have you/your colleagues interacted with people wearing diapers without a solid physical necessity? What's usually the approach they take and how do you/your colleagues usually react?

I'd like to hear from the other side of the fence, if possible. Tales of us interacting with the medical world are fairly common, but the reciprocal not so much.

As a former Paramedic/Nurse generally when we encounter a diaper we have other things to worry about ,stabilization and treatment comes first ,it's not our place to ask about the diaper ,unless you are there for gyno genital urinary issues as the reason for being there and then it's in our way and we remove it to examine or treat ,and then we will put a fresh one on you when done if needed ,but unless that is your primary complaint we don't care why you have a diaper on ,it doesnt concern us ,if you are admitted and sent to a nursing floor or ICU your care nurse will inquire about all systems ,it will be important to know if you can use the bathroom independently ,if you are a fall risk or need a urinal or bed pan or if you have an indwelling catheter (foley) or if you use the diaper. I have been a "guest" in many hospitals as a patient , having arrived unconscious with them not knowing any medical history or even who I am or where i am from,which was a failure on my part thinking they would easily find my medical information ,they didn't (I have since "upped my game" I now wear Id around my neck on my wrist, my ankle, and on my shoe) There are many medications that are commonly used in certain circumstances that i am allergic to ,in saving my life they could actually kill me ,fortunately i was never in need of those types of things and once conciuos I could tell them about it (but having been through that it showed me the holes in my Id plan ,i was relying on old training and common sense ,which isnt so common anymore .
If you goto your PCP and have to undress for exam one of three things will happen ,1. Your doctor ignores the diaper assuming you have a urologist consulting.
2. They assume you have minor leaking and your got that taken care of.
3. They may ask is that something you need help/ treatment or would like to discuss it .

That's assuming your wearing a plain white medical looking diaper , if your trying to rock a baby diaper or wear something that screams little , that might provoke a conversation .there is so much stigma associated with needing it wearing diapers it's fair to say only an a long time IC person very comfortable in there skin who doesn't care what people think about there need is going to go out of there way to get expensive printed diapers ,they generaly don't think twice about colorfull plastic pants , several of my doctors have commented about my plastic pants (my usual is "blue Ice" but i also have red,purple, orange, yellow, green,gray & black ,the black ones are specifically for use with certain diapers that i will wear if have a rash ,it's my way of protecting my good pants and all my diapers from the evils of petroleum destruction , those diapers and pants are kept seperate and cleaned seperate from the rest of the fleet ). I hope that helped answere your question .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
On 7/25/2018 at 12:23 PM, Wet Knight said:

Would you like it if the medical profession told the world about you?

As long as its anonymous, why not?

We can talk about our rescue missions, but keep names and places out of the public conversation so its unlikely they know or get to know where or who we rescued

I know a number of folks in the business and they all say basically the same thing - they don't care. They may talk about after you leave, 'soooooo, my last patient had a diaper on with little teddy bears.' But compared to what else they deal with, it's not a big deal. I assure you an otherwise normal person with a diaper on for no good reason is far more pleasant than a drug seeking, high risk behavior, mental health issue train wreck. Doctor and medical care providers have tough jobs!

Honestly we might make mention of some weirdness but it tends to be when no one patient or public is around .we do alot of stupid things that if a patient or public over hears nobody violates HIPPA,One old time favorite is someone picks a drug or instrument that is routinely used and give it a better purpose driven name ,we can bat stuff like that around for hours ,take for example "surgilube" (KY Jelly) after several hours and much laughter we renamed "anal slick" or a speculum became "hamster holder" basicly we drew blanks with gerbils , so hamsrer was the closest we could get (i am sure you have heard the rumour about Richard Gere,and yes it totaly was vicious [but funny] rumour).alot more harmless stuff like that ,because the risk of compromizing a patients rights and dignity are to great ,and unless its a private practice and your a regular patient that is memorable for some other reason, by the time the patients and public are out ,all staff wants to is reset the office for tommorow and either kickback over some drinks or get home to deal with your own life ,so saying somebody had a diaper with tedy bears or butterflies on it,is a distant memory with no context ,unless like i say you are memorable for another reason ( like a realy cool tat that everybody loves or some earlobe stretching ring thing) my urologist and I are friends after being together for so long , we have off the record conversations heh emigrated here from Poland someplace where his native language is Russian, so he will ask me how his English is? Or one visit he asked me ,i assume because somebody earlier in the day that he examined had a Prince Albert asked me about the "earing in the penis thing " he didn't understand it, and had never seen it I said it was a unique body mod like anything else from tattoos to breast implants somebody thought it would be cool or different and add something to who they are ,i am sure he opens alot of diapers ,but had never opened one and seen that or had to ask a patient to remove it so he could put the scope up mr.happy, of course he didn't say it was another patient but i imagine at about 63 years old he didn't wake up that morning and decide he wanted one ( i could be wrong ? But ultimately that's not what he asked ) so I didn't read anything into it .I do laugh inside my head when he asks about his English, i have never had a problem with it in 18 years ,i have had other doctors who English was there second language but spoke it like it was there 35th, his Russian accent has never been hard to understand.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

From the physicians' point of view (which is quite different from nurses etc) : If we encounter someone with a diaper it's almost always an indication to investigate further i.e ask the patient, read journal and so forth. I've met several patients with diapers, most of them old but a few young. In the latter case it's mostly been due to accidents, mental handicap etc.