LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Padded Bottoms

When out & about in public do you find yourself taking a quick glance to see who else may be protected also? I do & I'm pretty sure more people wear than I once thought. I would never say something to them but I just find it interesting. Anybody else out here look for it also?

I'm pretty sure that people have noticed mine. I don't do anything to make it obvious but I'm pretty sure some people have wondered. I don't really care because chances are I'll never see them again. It is what it is I guess.

18 minutes ago, Elenwen said:

I don't look out for it, but I keep finding such people occasionally. Or maybe I'm just seeing things...

Confirmation bias... you are looking for something, so it appears to be everywhere.

In all my years of wearing I have only run into a handful of people out in public who were obviously padded.

7 minutes ago, Darkfinn said:

Confirmation bias... you are looking for something, so it appears to be everywhere.

In all my years of wearing I have only run into a handful of people out in public who were obviously padded.

This could be true I suppose. I've never given that any thought.

Well, maybe so...

I find myself looking at other people's diaper zone from time to time.  I have norlt really noticed many people who I thought was padded but I definatly have seen a zipper or two that was down.

Majority of the time it is older individuals that I notice that are clearly wearing a diaper.

I too look. 

I feel myself also looking down to see how prominent the bulge is.  I wish I was that well endowed.

However, I know it is just diaper and most times heavily  loaded.  I also find myself touching my butt to see do I have that drop butt or not yet.  I do it in private, but always take the risk to check, if I can't I find a bathroom. 

If I see someone else with something similar, I do not say anything, but I sure feel for them.  It is easy to just be a perv but I do not think noticing is.  Some find it a odd, a turn on, sick, awesome.  I do'nt really care and have read many of these conversations.  I look cause I feel for them or I love to notice what others have.  I see others notice my rather obvious bump by 2-3p.  I try to change when I can.  I try to not flaunt it.  But  at some point you do what you can to conceal, and live your life.  The non-wearing folk look just as much as those that wear.  I still look at a cute girl's ass.  It keeps us young and human.   Anyone that says looking at others, or looking for something specific is bad - screw them.  Look, find what makes you happy or comfortable, and try not to make others feel awkward.  Anyone not looking is dead inside.  My take.

If people notice my nappies so what I just don't care. As for seeing others in nappies yes a few times. I saw a lady in her 40's a year or so ago walking towards me wearing bright blue leggings. He nappy was so obvious under them. I attend the continence clinic periodical and there is always at least one other in the waiting room obviously wearing a nappy.

Whether it is because I wear them I notice others or can people see mine and no one cares I don't know.

This reminds me so much of another issue I have which is guys, especially older guys with breast that  should be wearing a bra and don't.  Like myself who does and when out I look for others that also do or should. Compared to diapers or pads which when needed and not worn becomes so obvious ,guys not using a bra when you should be is obvious as well but unlike diapers, there doesn't seem to be the embarrassment associated with it when needing but not using as there is when someone walks by with a wet or spotted pants.  We seem to be a society that sets norms not for best interest of individuals but rather what society deems acceptable and many blindly follow.

heh, if current fashion would  change so people would stop wearing long shirts that cover their butts, I think we'd see a lot more pad, diaper or pull up outlines.  Speaking of which, I was in a grocery store the other day and noticed a lady with Tena pads and some other store brand pads in her shopping cart and she had a long shirt on covering her butt.

7 hours ago, stevewet said:

If people notice my nappies so what I just don't care. As for seeing others in nappies yes a few times. I saw a lady in her 40's a year or so ago walking towards me wearing bright blue leggings. He nappy was so obvious under them. I attend the continence clinic periodical and there is always at least one other in the waiting room obviously wearing a nappy.

Whether it is because I wear them I notice others or can people see mine and no one cares I don't know.

I guess a continence clinic has about the highest rate of adults in nappies of anywhere you could go!

In general, it's impossible not to have a look discreetly at whether other adults might be wearing them. I'm not sure I've ever been 100% sure though, I sometimes think "possibly/probably"... I guess people usually dress to keep it hidden as much as possible. Still waiting for that really memorable sighting, like that inch of visible waistband that I can actually identify the brand from!

My only 100% sighting was at a rest area where because of the wide cracks in the stall I actually saw a gentleman sitting down on the toilet changing his diaper.  He was not older.  I remember another man noticed, seemed offended, and left for the restroom across the way.  I could tell by the sound he was either very nervous or did not really have experience changing in a public stall.  In support although I did not really need a diaper change, I went into the only other stall which was right next to him and changed my diaper.  I ripped the tapes of my diaper off as loud as possible mainly to let him know he was not the only one.  My diaper was changed and I was out of the stall before I think he even had his diaper all the way on.  

On 7/21/2018 at 6:37 AM, deewet said:

We seem to be a society that sets norms not for best interest of individuals but rather what society deems acceptable and many blindly follow.

So true. I've always been the oddball myself, and I've made a habit of speaking up when someone disses another person over that person's choices or needs. Everyone has a voice, and if everyone used theirs similarly the real wierdos would become evident. 

Back on topic, I see maybe two people diapered each year. I don't go looking for that and I' m not counting the elderly or people with mobility problems. None that I have seen seemed to be ABDL but even then I wouldn't approach them without something else showing me they wanted to be approached. If I do say something it will be on another subject, not diapers. Read my siggy and learn from it how we should treat each other. 

Confirmation bias is real and huge. You will see what you're looking for so the best way to see something clearly is to look for nothing. Confirmation bias also blinds you to seeing things which go against what you want to see. See without looking, then if you do notice something, you will probably be right. If you spend all your time looking for people wearing diapers you must not have much of a life. You'd do well to consider that there is a heck of a lot more to life than diapers!

Bettypooh

I think I look more often than I should.  I often find myself thinking "She'd look good in a diaper" and things like that. 

I can't recall the last time I saw someone wearing though.....

I don't go out looking out for it, but every so now and then you’ll come across other people wearing a diaper. I do have to say the ones I have seen most of them were disabled people whom were diapered. But there is another thing I have noticed this year. Our country like most others I suppose are fully in summer holiday break mode. Me and my kids visited a number of amusement parks, fun fairs, swimming pools you name it. Since it is very hot people wear very little clothing usually breaks down to only t-shirts shorts and so on. Especially in amusement parks I noticed that there is an increased number of children well pasted the age where you might think they would be fully potty trained and they still wear diapers. These children were at least eight, nine or even ten years old. Now it could be for convenience since lines in amusement parks tent to get rather long and once you’ll get out of the line you’ll have to start all over. This is something that caught my attention this year. Is there a shift going on or what? It is common knowledge that children get out of their diapers at a later age nowadays due to the enhanced quality of the disposable diapers in comparison to cloth when that was still being used.

It's a shame people tend to keep kids in diapers at older ages.  Terrible for the children and their self esteem, and I wonder about it when the reasons are not due to medical situations their kids might have.  Years ago when diapers were all cloth, a parent had to launder them, dry and fold them which took a good part of their week.  There was incentive for them to get their kids potty trained.  Also back in the 1950's and 1960's not as many mothers worked jobs, therefore they had more time for potty training.  Now days with disposable diapers it's "Change the diaper and throw it away!"  No washing of cloth diapers anymore or any bothersome chore with diapers that makes a parent want to get their kid trained as soon as possible.  Easier, more convenient, and it gives parents more time to spend on their social media.  I'm sure that at some places on vacation it may be hard to rush small children to a restroom, especially if you are on a tour.  When I was about 5 years old we were on a tour in a cavern and I had to pee really bad!  I did manage to make it through the end of the tour without wetting my pants, but as soon as we hit the restroom I wet my pants in my rush to get my dick out of my pants.  Maybe 5 years old with special circumstances like a long walking tour where a restroom isn't available would be OK now and then, but a 9 or 10 year old diapered at an amusement park just because you don't want to have to leave the roller coaster line to take your kid to the restroom is not good.  It borders on child abuse, even if the kid is OK with it.  What 9 year old wouldn't feel embarrassed having their diaper changed in an amusement park restroom in front of all the people!  Sad.

Cant say that I have seen anyone else diapered, excluding babies and toddlers and as long as my own diapers is fairly dry, I doubt none will notice, even though I tuck in my shirt

I have been fairly wet sometimes, but then I have gone late in the evening, with loose shirt

I keep an eye out. I've for sure seen people wearing, but not frequently... maybe once or twice a year. Most recently I spotted a younger man with a diaper at a concert. His shirt rode up when he sat down a row or two away and I saw the waistband... zero doubt about it.

23 hours ago, rusty pins said:

It's a shame people tend to keep kids in diapers at older ages.  Terrible for the children and their self esteem, and I wonder about it when the reasons are not due to medical situations their kids might have. 

And it's an even bigger shame when parents deny diapers to children who really need them, all in an attempt to make their own life easier and to make their child conform to wrongful standards. If their is but one main thing which has shaped my life it was having to grow up being shoved out of social matters because I wet my pants. The best doctors couldn't find a medical problem and the best Psychologists couldn't, find a mental problem. Even now the best diagnosis is that I have some kind of nerve dysfunction somewhere causing my leakage. Nobody can pinpoint it but it's evident in how the symptoms have been manifested. Things are better for the kids these days with larger disposables and underwear meant for older kids who don't have full bladder control yet. In short it's the mistaken concept that all children should be out of diapers at a certain point in time that is the real problem here, and trying to cause that can destroy the child socially forever. 

It's far better for a child to keep their outer clothes dry through whatever means is necessary than it is to try to 'shame' them into dryness when they are simply unable to control their bladder even if no reason can be found for that. You have no idea of what it's like to be socially shunned and scorned over something you despise but cannot help, no matter how hard you try. I do because I lived through it. It fairly destroyed me socially and took away almost all my happiness for the first two decades of my life.

If I could have my way with those who think there is a certain point where all children must be potty-trained, I would give them the same continence I had as a child and without being allowed protection for that same as I had to deal with. They would quickly learn how wrong they are about the subject, and their tune would change completely. Rusty my friend, you are wise and right in many things but this is not one of those. You give kids the best chance for happiness and a good life that you can; you don't force them into trying to do things they cannot do even if you can see no reason for their lack of ability. It's not about you, It's about them. 

So called 'Western Society' has many very screwed up concepts ingrained into it that are just flat-out wrong, and it shows in our maniacal obcession with potty-training. If and when they can, the kids will find it far better to be potty-trained and do that themselves without the excess pressure we tend to put on them to do that. No kid wants to be a social outcast because of something they cannot help about themselves. 

Bettypooh

I agree.  Children should be potty trained at a normal age.  Not bucking society, but yes, potty training your kids at a normal age isn't conforming to society, it's simply the right thing to do and it will help the child mentally when he or she isn't teased or bullied by their peers at school for still wearing diapers.  When a child has medical issues or maybe a late bloomer, there is nothing wrong with keeping the child in diapers.  I myself wore night diapers until I was almost 6 years old because I wet the bed.  I eventually stopped and then there was no more need for me to be in diapers.  When a kid just can't help it for one reason or another, I see no reason to punish, humiliate, beat them or abuse them just because their dad is a macho sports type guy who thinks their kid isn't rough and tough like him because he wets his pants now and then.  Likewise a mom who does the same thing either because she is tired of dealing with wet pants, having to go to school to bring her kid dry clothes or because she thinks she failed as a mother when all her friend's children don't have problems (and how does she know they don't when she's not around?).  It really screws up a kid with the constant spanking, humiliation and embarrassment along with it being plain and simple child abuse.  If a kid is 6 or 7 years old and still wets the bed, HELP HIM if you can!  Try bedwetting alarms and by all means, if the kid is OK with it, let him or her wear diapers or goodnites.  Although some wet the bed into their teens and some never stop, research shows most kids who wet the bed will eventually grow out of it.

Likewise, if a kid wets or messes his pants in the day too, make sure there isn't a medical reason for it.  Go to several different doctors or urologists to make sure one doctor you've seen hasn't missed a problem or has an attitude that the kid is just being lazy.  Having read forums over the past 15 years, yes, there have been many examples of members who were abused and punished for wetting themselves when they actually had medical problems that were later diagnosed.  Personally, I do not believe it's OK to just let a 7 or 8 year old wear diapers because they want to or because they like them.  When they become 18 years old they can do as they please when they go out on their own.  Then they are considered adults.  At age 7 or 8 or 10 they are still too young to make those decisions and you are still the parent who's job it is to raise them.  Sure, we are AB or DL ourselves but we shouldn't take the attitude with our children and say, "If you want to wear and used diapers instead of underpants or using the toilet, that's OK with me".  Not good parenting of a child.  It reminds me of the very liberal parents a number of years back who decided to let their 7 year old daughter pilot a small plane across country with her flight instructor and dad along.  Remember what happened?  They took off in a storm and all were killed.  As a privet pilot myself, it was just stupid all the way around.  A friend of mine who is an engineer wanted to get his son a shotgun at age 7 and take him hunting with it.  I told him no way, it was against the law and stupid as well, but because I don't have 4 years of college, I was the one who didn't know what I was talking about!  When my friend called the DNR to inquire about it, he got the surprise of his life when they reamed him a new one for even thinking about letting a 7 year old go hunting with a gun!  Book smart doesn't always mean common sense smart!  Sometimes you just have to wait and mature before you can do things and make decisions for yourself on important things or things that can cause safety issues for you and others.  Why do you think you have to be at least 16 (in some countries older) to drive a car?  You want the average 7 year old who can bairly read, spell and do basic addition and subtraction driving around in a car? 

Back on track  If your children have a medical need for diapers, by all means they should use them and the parents need to be as kind and supportive of their kid's special needs as the can be.  Make sure the child understands that it's not their fault.  Don't treat them any different than other kids.  Make them feel like any other normal kid.  Just like the child who has to be  in a wheelchair or needs glasses, it's just one part of their body that doesn't work quite the way it should and the kid is still normal in every other way.  Make your kid feel good about themselves, make them understand that their special underwear is no big deal and there are others like them all over the world, same as the kid who needs glasses or has to be in a wheelchair.  Stick up for them when they may be bullied by other kids.  Tell other parents who might say things like, "It must be hard to have a child that age in diapers" by saying, "Why would you say that?  He's a normal kid just like everyone else and in fact, his intelligence has tested way above normal for kids his age".  Show your kid you have his back.  It sickens me when I read about how parents have abused their kid both physically and mentally because of a situation that they can't help such as wetting their pants.  Some have gone so far as killing their toddlers and younger kids with such severe beatings or scalding them with boiling water because they wet or soiled their pants.  My God people!  These are your own children!  They should be the most precious and dearest things you have!  No, I can't see any reason at all to abuse your kids or treat them the way some parents do because they have an issue with controlling their bladders.  If they need them medically, yes, allow them to wear diapers but be supportive of their situation and make sure they know they are not at fault and are normal kids like everyone else.  Don't make a big deal about it.  If they just want to wear them because they enjoy it, that's where personally I may differ from some others who feel it's OK to just let their 9 year old wear and use diapers if he or she wants to because they like to.

Rusty, I'll give you a big amen.  If there is a real reason, then kids should get whatever protection is needed, for as long as needed.  And a cure should be sought.   Once over 18, yes then is is up to them.

One thing, I will mention, is the number of people here with bad potty training experiences.  I was born in 1947.  I'm sure my mother used the methods of the day to accomplish that.  And from what I saw from others being trained in the 1950s they got it done, by any method.  I do remember seeing a lot of the nasty methods.  BUT, here is the big thing.  I was blessed by a mother who loved and was capable of loving me.  So I have no problems with my childhood (& that included a lot of spankings) but I always knew I  was loved.  And I didn't know how lucky I was.  My wife had a mother who needed psych help.  And my wife was damaged by her childhood.  So I have tremendous sympathy for those of you who are trying to work out problems from bad parenting.