LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing cloth under dissposables instead of wearing vynol or rubber pants

Well I have not seen any posts on this subject alone.As I have said in outher posts I wear both.I tried  all kinds of different vynol and rubber pants.A few years ago I saw a post on here about double diapering.Only they where wearing dissposables.They told how they put holes all over the first one so it would leak into the second one.I took a steak knife and made two slices in the crotch.And that is how I wear them today.They are nice and thick and bulkie.I know they show that im wearing diapers but at 65 years old I could care less.So my ? is do any of you wearthem like this?Hope I did not ramble  on to much.

Not sure what you mean.  I took it to mean wearing first a cloth diaper and then a disposable diaper over it (cloth under disposable) but when you said "Instead of vynol (vinyl) or rubber pants" that confused me.  I don't wear vinyl pants under any of my diapers and I took your posting to mean first wearing a cloth diaper and then a disposable over it instead of first wearing vinyl or rubber pants with a disposable over it.  Perhaps you mean just wearing a cloth diaper and then a disposable diaper over it and no rubber or plastic pants?  In other words, the disposable diaper over your cloth diaper would be taking the place of rubber or plastic pants that are needed for cloth diapers alone.

A few times I have put a thin cloth diaper inside my disposable diaper, not that the disposable diaper would be taking the place of any plastic pants, but instead because I wear disposable diapers and the cloth diaper inside will wick the wetness throughout the disposable diaper and give me a wetter feeling instead of the disposable locking the wetness away in one location.  I rarely do this, but once in a while to give me the feeling of sitting in a wet cloth diaper.

I got it immediately. But why? Rubber panteis are "buy once" and provide good coverage (Gary and Rearz that I can speak to) and I do not think that the throw-aways have that good coverage over a decent cloth diaper

Also, I am part of another diaper tradition: Pre 1965. I do not understand how someone who was "rasied" in cloth can abide the throw-aways anyway, they seem more 1960's institutional more than as part of a family setting and they are so thin, they do not feel like real diapers. So they would seem alien. Also there was a sharp division, may babyboomers who started using them were criticized by their parents for using something that you would throw out after only one use in the trash or garbage for being a waster and "leaving your shit around for someone else to take care of " and the second part of that "I didn't raise a pig and a wastrel". Beyond that I am part of the "over-age wetter" and "little girl" tradition rather than the baby. As such, though baby panties were used, the diapers were usually home made to fit and in a pattern used by the person who made them. Mine are a precursor to the contour diapers of the 1960's. There was also a uniquely little girl tradition. If you could not hold it COMFORTABLY for two hours or more then it was feared that, at around two hours, you might "let go" and wet, which would be a major embarrassment to everyone. so diapers were used. This was different from little boys since they could go somewhere out of sight and relieve themselves due to their physical construction, which little girls could not do. This was used in two ways:

1 On long trips of two hours or more. This was before the Insterste system with it's 60 mph speed. Example in 1953, a trip from Tiverton RI to Roxbury, Boston would take 2-1/2 hours, Now it would take a bit more than an hour (My parents lived in frist Roxbury, then in 1954, moved to Dorchester) while I lived in Tiverton RI and we made the trip along Rt 138 quite a bit from 1949 to 1959. a little girl of up to about age 8 would be put in a diaper and rubber panties
2. The grownups had lived through the depression and toilets were 5 gallon users. a $6/month water bill was deemed unacceptable. Little boys tended to roam but girls stayed in one place, often at the houses of a friend, which was usually in the neighborhood. Just as boys tended to group in 4's and 5's, So did girls, Well, if you had two or more girls in a group of 5 or 6 who could not hold it for two hours COMFORTABLY, the toilet would get about 2-1/2 times the use in the afternoon than normal. The parents would be uptight about the water bill. Now, a 7 year old girl can probably hold it better than a 7 year old boy, but, as in the case witrh the long trip, if you were a boy or man,  you could find an out of the way place to relieve yourself. So it made more sense to have the younger girls in diapers, especially if one of the children who lived there was a bedwetter, which if you had 4 children, was a good bet so diapers and rubber sheets would be part of the act anyway. This was also true of sleepovers.  In 1952 and to about 57 many houses in rural and growing areas had had bathrooms simply shoehorned in in some odd fashion as part of a quick and dirty upgrade from an outhouse Many of us bathed in galvanized steel tubs into which was put hot water before full indoor plumbing. One of the houses at which I would often stay had the "bathroom" in the basement with the washing machine as part of one such upgrade in the late 1940's. The attraction of such housing was the rent; $6/week as opposed to the usual $8 or, in the city, upwards of $9. the  about $130/y savings was nearly a month's average salary in 1952. This was quite a savings, especially if you had 4 children and worked in one of the many dress shops for about $35-45 "piece-work"/wk. I remember when $60/wk was HUGE and never heard of $100/wk until 1954. Also, this house, some kind of slightly renovated summer cottage had no stairs, access to the upstairs bedrooms was by ladder and trapdoor, and to get to the basement, you want out the door, around the side of the house and down a hill to the above-ground basement door, into the basement turn on the light and go into the bathroom to use the toilet and sink. Can you imagine using this at 3 AM: Get up, open the trap door, stick the ladder down and then go out the main door (the only door) around to the basement door and in? Most of which was done in the dark. Well this family had two types, The 10 year old and older could hold it through the night. The girl who was a few months older than I was a bedwetter anyway. So the night ritual was use the bathroom at about 8 then get ready for bed. Now, I was aobut age 6 -3/4 to about 9-3/4 (then they moved) and could not hold it for more than two hours without doing the gotta-go hootchy-cootchy. So as part of the little girl treatment anyway, was put in diapers along with the girl who was near my age for the afternoon 12:30 to 4:30 PM and from 7:45 Pam to about 7:15 AM. A potty just for me would not make sense to buy

So my diaper world is neither that of an adult baby or a DL and was pretty much gone by 1958

5 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Not sure what you mean.  I took it to mean wearing first a cloth diaper and then a disposable diaper over it (cloth under disposable) but when you said "Instead of vynol (vinyl) or rubber pants" that confused me.  I don't wear vinyl pants under any of my diapers and I took your posting to mean first wearing a cloth diaper and then a disposable over it instead of first wearing vinyl or rubber pants with a disposable over it.  Perhaps you mean just wearing a cloth diaper and then a disposable diaper over it and no rubber or plastic pants?  In other words, the disposable diaper over your cloth diaper would be taking the place of rubber or plastic pants that are needed for cloth diapers alone.

A few times I have put a thin cloth diaper inside my disposable diaper, not that the disposable diaper would be taking the place of any plastic pants, but instead because I wear disposable diapers and the cloth diaper inside will wick the wetness throughout the disposable diaper and give me a wetter feeling instead of the disposable locking the wetness away in one location.  I rarely do this, but once in a while to give me the feeling of sitting in a wet cloth diaper.

Gueess I did not clearifie it right You where right what said'wearing a cloth diaper and then a disposable over it and no rubber or plastic pants'.As YOU know im not good sometimes in explaning myself.

Christine,I am inclined to disagree with you as far as the disposables being so thin.There are a lot of disposables that are thick.Even some of the store ones.I wear walgreens certainty brand.The reason I don't wear vinyl or rubber is I have very deep stretch marks on my thighs right in my crotch.And what the heck I don't pay for the disposables anyway so what the heck I might as well wear them.Wearing the disposables don't iratate my thighs.

Compared to what I am used to, they are skinny puppies and they are just plain alien; like trying to convince myself that a Barrette is an Alice band or a cloth Alice band is a tiara. At least I can wear an Alice band without getting the creeps. Also, mine are thick all over; front, back sides and between the legs

Edit If you are not paying for them, someone else is so you are wasting someone else's money. And it has been shown many times over or even explained to me by a home economics social worler in 1988 that clot diapers, being re-used are more economical and we have a chart somewhere put up by Rosalie that show how

On 7/19/2018 at 12:37 PM, Little Christine said:

*worler in 1988 that clot diapers, *worker..... *cloth

outher , vynol  where,  dissposables,  bulkie, im,  ? ...... *other, *vinyl, *were, *disposables, *bulky, *I'm

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:37 PM, Little Christine said:

Compared to what I am used to, they are skinny puppies and they are just plain alien; like trying to convince myself that a Barrette is an Alice band or a cloth Alice band is a tiara. At least I can wear an Alice band without getting the creeps. Also, mine are thick all over; front, back sides and between the legs

Edit If you are not paying for them, someone else is so you are wasting someone else's money. And it has been shown many times over or even explained to me by a home economics social worler in 1988 that clot diapers, being re-used are more economical and we have a chart somewhere put up by Rosalie that show how

Christine the V.A. pays for them.So I am NOT wasting some else's money.

This is in the "Lifestyle" section. That has certain default presumptions (otherwise we would have to preconndition the discussion with detailed parameters and "stipulations" like lawyers framing a case), including you are 100% at liberty to do as you would like. You probably also do not have any choice in the matter, from what I understand. I had a discussion with my healthcare provider at the theoretical level and they would pay for cloth diapers. From what I've heard, government provided items are not good and the VA has had a bad rep for 40 years, due to being overloaded. When you have to care for 3 or 4 generations of a military that has at times reachede  300,000 in the field in one theatre in one timeframe,, you are going to be overloaded. I wonder how may vets we have. The pols who like to go advanturing with other persons' lives never stop to think about the aftermatn of their little dreams: 17 years in Afghanistan; 15 years in Iraq and no end in sight. A superpower tied up in two third world s-holes where the level of civilization is that of the 13th century, doing what they castigated Demcorats for doing; nation-building in a part of the world that just deos not understand what a "nation" is while Iran talks to us in a manner of a young punk who has needed his ears trimmed back for over a decade. Just take out 3 or 4 misslie batters and a couple of detection installations by surprise and ask them if they would like some more; "...so shut up! You've been running your mouth for 35 years and we're sick of it"; 30 years overdue

As I say, I have been told across the board by those whose profession is to know, as part of their professional judgement, that cloth is more economical and from what I know of logistics, is safer (once you do the pre-use wash, you "know where they have been". Prior to getting them, you do not know where throw-aways have been). Cloth diapering systems are less complex than throw-aways and therefore less prone to failure, which bears on both economy and embarrassment, or leakes if used properly

Getting back to the original question, why do both? You get the disadvantages of throw-aways and be using cloth without its proper containment with which it worked fine for about 150 years and is more economical