LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New video, Tall Tale or Truth "wearing underwear over a diaper improve performance."

I wear underwear over my diapers lots of times.  It helps hold the diaper tighter to my body and prevents sagging as well as helps concealment under clothing.  It depends on your definition of performance, but I think underpants do help.  As far as absorbtion and the rest, there are a lot of factors such as standing, sitting, walking or laying down when you are peeing.  Do you flood or pee small amounts?  The video tested many different briefs (underpants) over the diapers and it seemed they all leaked sooner than just the diapers alone.  I think it all boils down to a few things.  performance is one thing, but the diapers were wetted to the point of leaking each time.  Do people usually change before they get to the first leaking point in the video with underpants, or do they wear their wet diapers with no underpants over them to the video's leaking point.  Either way it seems you are going to leak if you don't change your diaper sooner, even if no underwear over your diaper may make them last just a little bit longer.  How does that same test work for a person sitting in a chair or laying in bed?  I think the results would be different because of pressure on your diaper when sitting and when laying your wetting the back of your diaper more than the crotch and front if laying on your back.  Activity may also play a roll in absorbtion and underpants.  Does a person wet that much constantly as in the test, weather it is a slow wetting or a flood?  I tend to believe most people will wet less amounts and then the diaper will have a little more time to absorb before the next wetting occurs, there by allowing the diaper to perhaps hold more before leaking even with underpants rather than the whole amount used in the tests being released all in one wetting.  Personally, I change before I leak or else I wear plastic pants to catch the leaks if I know I am going to be out shopping all day and may not be able to change before I reach capacity.  Interesting video though.

I wear regular underwear over my diapers from time to time as well.  If I'm out doing daily chores or whatnot then it helps with concealment.  I've also found that it helps with comfort by keeping a loose fitting diaper tighter to my body.

I do prefer to NOT wear underwear over my diapers though.  I like all the crinkling and rustling a good diaper makes ;)

4 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I wear underwear over my diapers lots of times.  It helps hold the diaper tighter to my body and prevents sagging as well as helps concealment under clothing.  It depends on your definition of performance, but I think underpants do help.  As far as absorbtion and the rest, there are a lot of factors such as standing, sitting, walking or laying down when you are peeing.  Do you flood or pee small amounts?  The video tested many different briefs (underpants) over the diapers and it seemed they all leaked sooner than just the diapers alone.  I think it all boils down to a few things.  performance is one thing, but the diapers were wetted to the point of leaking each time.  Do people usually change before they get to the first leaking point in the video with underpants, or do they wear their wet diapers with no underpants over them to the video's leaking point.  Either way it seems you are going to leak if you don't change your diaper sooner, even if no underwear over your diaper may make them last just a little bit longer.  How does that same test work for a person sitting in a chair or laying in bed?  I think the results would be different because of pressure on your diaper when sitting and when laying your wetting the back of your diaper more than the crotch and front if laying on your back.  Activity may also play a roll in absorbtion and underpants.  Does a person wet that much constantly as in the test, weather it is a slow wetting or a flood?  I tend to believe most people will wet less amounts and then the diaper will have a little more time to absorb before the next wetting occurs, there by allowing the diaper to perhaps hold more before leaking even with underpants rather than the whole amount used in the tests being released all in one wetting.  Personally, I change before I leak or else I wear plastic pants to catch the leaks if I know I am going to be out shopping all day and may not be able to change before I reach capacity.  Interesting video though.

It's really hard to test ALL possibilities and variables impossible really (and VERY time-consuming) we tested using the 400ml test as that is close to an average healthy adults void 200-350ml, at an average flow rate for healthy adults of 20ml p/sec (everyone on the planet has different flow rates and capacities that vary daily) wettings were spaced 20mins apart to allow the products to absorb naturally before additional wettings.  What we did see in the test was the Depend® in control tests usually tend to leak at just before 800ml or two "average" voids.  When using testing with any of the underwear that dropped down to less than 1 "average" void and this happened in every test. We also tested the products simulating overflow incontinence a slow drip and the results were the same! Additionally we also tested this with the Northshore™ Pullup that resulted in the same "absorption" performance drops, so to your point is most people DO change before the product leaks,  the myth we tested was IF they "improved performance and prevent leaks" and The testing really showed that no it does not Improve performance and prevent leaks.  We did say in the video that it may help diaper sag and keep padding together over time but we did not see "Improved performance" you can say we did not see improved "absorption" if you prefer.