LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Big store brand diapers suck

So normally I order my diapers online (at least since being a grown-up). Today was the second time where I've been desperate and needed diapers which made me come to na sad and frustrating realisation that all main stores (ie: Wal-Mart, Walgreens, ect...) have the worst diaper selection! Maybe I've just been spoiled by ordering the specific AB kinds of nappies that I absolutely love, but I've also noticed that everything in the adult sizes has changed from what I remember. All the "diapers" are now either descreat under garments resembling regular underwear or super thin and flimsy pieces of fabric... I was willing to settle on the classic 6 tape depends but all the stores pulled them off the shelves, now you have to special order them and wait 2 days, which in that case I might as well just order some bambinos or ABUs at that point... I had even ran into this issue with the few medical supply stores I went to... What happened to the nice thick plastic back diapers I grew up on?

People don't want thick.  They want thin and discrete.    The "cloth like" vs. "plastic" is just a marketing thing.   Even Depend is relenting now.

I think you'll find that the store brands at many of the stores you mentioned not only are mediocre, but they're the same diaper just rebranded for the store you are in.     

• Like 1

I use the Walgreens diapers because I am on a fixed income and cannot afford fancy thick adult diapers- to me they are better than not having diapers and better than the pull-up styles which I hate as I prefer tape-on diapers.  I miss the days when Attends was around and they were my go-to diaper for a long time.  Most times I have also noticed at stores they focus more on the pull-up style Depends and have not seen in eons the tape-on ones as I would prefer a plastic-backed diaper myself as I have had issues at times with tapes not staying on right. 

My take- beggars can't be choosers some of us have to go with the cheap diapers and yes, they have flaws but still better to have a diaper that works for me that I can afford.  Yes, I too want thicker, plastic backed diapers but they are way outside my budget.  Some of us have no choice but to use drug store diapers.

BabyChris121675

5 hours ago, willnotwill said:

People don't want thick.  They want thin and discrete.    The "cloth like" vs. "plastic" is just a marketing thing.   Even Depend is relenting now.

I think you'll find that the store brands at many of the stores you mentioned not only are mediocre, but they're the same diaper just rebranded for the store you are in.     

There is a heck of a big difference between store brand diapers.They are NOT just rebranded.Take cvs brand vs.walgreens certainty.cvs brand are crap.Certainty are good as store diapers go.

There are some store brands better than others, but the cheapest ones are all made by one company about 40 miles from here, and those are all the same. And none of them will be what the ABDL's want which is different from what the intended market wants. Unless you've got a really big medical supplier or ABDL store nearby, online is the only way to get good diapers <_< Just how the world is today and it won't be changing :huh:

Bettypooh

15 hours ago, alwayslittle said:

all main stores (ie: Wal-Mart, Walgreens, ect...) have the worst diaper selection! Maybe I've just been spoiled by ordering the specific AB kinds of nappies that I absolutely love, but I've also noticed that everything in the adult sizes has changed from what I remember. All the "diapers" are now either descreat under garments resembling regular underwear or super thin and flimsy pieces of fabric... I was willing to settle on the classic 6 tape depends but all the stores pulled them off the shelves, now you have to special order them and wait 2 days, which in that case I might as well just order some bambinos or ABUs at that point... I had even ran into this issue with the few medical supply stores I went to... What happened to the nice thick plastic back diapers I grew up on?

Good points.  "All main stores have the worst diaper selection"  What happened here?  Many things.  First, the internet.  Why are big stores like Target, Toys-R-Us, Sears, K-Mart and others closing up?  The internet!  True, I buy some things on the internet that I can't find around town or are simply a lot cheaper than paying retail, however we as a society have gotten so technologically lazy we don't even go out to buy our groceries!  True, there is a difference between someone working 12 hours a day and trying to raise a family at the same time.  I can see them at work taking a few minutes on their break to order some groceries on-line to pick up on their way home, but your average person sitting cooped up in their house or on their tablet ordering all their groceries over the internet and having them either delivered to their house or delivered to their car parked in the store lot is simply lazy and abuse of technology in my opinion.  I couldn't even think of not going to the store, walking around with my cart and selecting the items I want in person. First, I enjoy it and I often find ideas for dinners by seeing what is available and on sale that someone may have missed shopping on-line.  By the way, if you buy fresh fruit, do you think the store employee getting your order together will look for the best strawberries, apples, peaches or even tomatoes? Hell no!  They will pick out the oldest, moldiest and mushiest produce ready for tossing out in order to get it off their shelves. That can apply to meat as well.  I can pick out the best marbled roast for tenderness but you might end up with the toughest cut of meat or one with the most fat when you let the store employee pick out your food for you. Even the idea of ordering from Amazon and having a drone deliver it to your house is dumb!  People say, "Wow!  Let's go out in the yard and watch for the drone!  That is so cool"  OMG!  Even some stores have it available so your front door can be fitted with a lock that can have a code.  Order your groceries or delivery on-line, the store has a one time code for your front door and they will go in your house and deliver your groceries while you are gone!  People only see this as, "Wow!  This is great technology that they can do this!"  Seriously?  Letting strangers into your house when no one is home?  What has happened to common sense anymore?  Like standing in line for 3 days for the latest Apple I-Phone with facial recognition.  Big Friggin Deal!  These are the people who lack common sense and come home to find their groceries left on the kitchen counter but their Blue Ray DVD player and 4-D curved flat screen TV missing!

Ok, so much for my rant.  Many things factor into not finding premium quality adult diapers in your average store.  The internet.  People order what they want on-line due to so many different products available.  Stores have limited shelf space. People who need actual diapers due to incontinence will buy them by the case because they are incontinent and face it, one or two packages they pick up at the local store won't last them long for 24/7 usage.  Before pull up disposable underwear, people who had light bladder leakage from laughing or sneezing too hard or excersizing had no choice but to try and get by with a pad or else a full blown diaper, which was over kill for their light leakage.  That's one reason you always saw tape on adult diapers in stores many years ago.  Now that there are discreet pull on disposable underwear, the majority of people with light bladder leakage will buy and use them rather than bulky diapers because many times they may have just a little leakage or none at all.  One disposable underpant can last them all day.  That is where the in-store market is now days.

The people with actual incontinence will be buying diapers on-line and shopping for premium diapers that last them quite a while before needing to change.  General overall perception among regular people, not the AB/DL community is discreet is better.  Cloth backed, thinner diapers for those who actually have to wear them, and changing them more often, say every 3 to 4 hours.  They really don't think much about wearing the same wet diaper for 8 or more hours, therefore you won't ever see Dry 24/7 or Inspire diapers in your local grocery store or CVS.  People would be shocked to hear their daughter-in-law or son kept their baby in the same wet diaper for 8 hours at a time, therefore they feel an adult diaper should be changed just as often as a baby's diaper.  We know with high quality premium diapers we can wear them the better part of our working day until we have the oppertunity to change, but that is not how most people see it, especially those who stock products in their stores.  Besides, thinner diapers mean they won't hold as much, need to be changed more often and that means selling more product!

Bottom line here is if you want diapers without ordering on-line and waiting for delivery, you will have to take the thin store type brands of tape on cloth backed disposable diapers available at Walmart, CVS, Wallgreens or your local grocery store if you can find them.  Depends or the stores own brand. Pull On disposable underwear is where the market is now days and where most money on bladder control products is made locally.  One last thing.  The more we buy everything on-line, the less business our local stores will get.  This doesn't necessarily apply to diapers.  It applies to everything.  As more and more brick and morter stores close up due to lack of business, eventually there will be a time when something in your house breaks, such as a pipe under your sink, toilet float, lamp, TV or just about anything.  It's an emergency, you need the part or item but there are no local stores anymore to go out and get what you need!  You have to wait a few days for your on-line delivery to get to you!  Think about that!  Is it really that much of a bother to the average person to get out of their house now and then to go shop at their local store rather than abusing the technology just because it's there by order everything, even their groceries on-line to be delivered?

• Thanks 1

I am totally urinary incontinent. I know how long a case of diapers will last. The on-line dealer keeps track and ships them on schedule. I keep an extra couple of cases on hand. The disposables which work best for me are seldom stocked in stores.

Probably the pull-on undies and diapers stocked in stores are bought by people who are temporarily incontinent, perhaps due to surgery. They often have no interest in learning how to self-diaper.

On 7/10/2018 at 5:18 PM, alwayslittle said:

So normally I order my diapers online (at least since being a grown-up). Today was the second time where I've been desperate and needed diapers which made me come to na sad and frustrating realisation that all main stores (ie: Wal-Mart, Walgreens, ect...) have the worst diaper selection! Maybe I've just been spoiled by ordering the specific AB kinds of nappies that I absolutely love, but I've also noticed that everything in the adult sizes has changed from what I remember. All the "diapers" are now either descreat under garments resembling regular underwear or super thin and flimsy pieces of fabric... I was willing to settle on the classic 6 tape depends but all the stores pulled them off the shelves, now you have to special order them and wait 2 days, which in that case I might as well just order some bambinos or ABUs at that point... I had even ran into this issue with the few medical supply stores I went to... What happened to the nice thick plastic back diapers I grew up on?

Welcome to the nightmare. Store crap led me to ordering them through the internet.

11 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

There are some store brands better than others, but the cheapest ones are all made by one company about 40 miles from here, and those are all the same. And none of them will be what the ABDL's want which is different from what the intended market wants. Unless you've got a really big medical supplier or ABDL store nearby, online is the only way to get good diapers <_< Just how the world is today and it won't be changing :huh:

Bettypooh

Agreed, while there was a change in the styling last year or so, all the generics (CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Sams) seems to have moved to the new brief styles from that company.   The old ones were fairly moderate ones with the crosshatch printing on the tapes.   The new ones come in two styles, either a pullon brief with tabs you can tighten (sort of like the old Depend adjustable underwear) and a fairly wide taped diaper.     

I used A+ from xpmedical till they quit making them and now i am going to ConfiDry 24/7  Max Absorbency from XPmedical.

if you are IC or like me wear because i am disabled you will find that with ConfiDry 24/7  Max Absorbency you will likely need 2 every 24 hours. less with a booster

With depends  you will need about 8+ every 24 hours $8.68 a day or a 30 day supply  at +/- $260 a month  depends hold around 50 ml at most

but with ConfiDry 24/7 you will need around 2 a day or $2.65 a day or around +/- $80 a month. ConfiDry 24/7 holds around 2000 ml.

image.jpeg

On 7/10/2018 at 4:22 PM, willnotwill said:

Only if people wouldn't over think wearing the thicker diapers out in public. Even with dry 24/7's most people couldn't tell I was wearing. Also getting rid of the stigma of them would help too. I am also fairly sure that most incon consumers aren't aware such high quality diapers exist unless they are ABDL too.

On 7/22/2018 at 9:15 PM, shveddiapersissy said:

I've tried those but it has been quite awhile ago. I remember I liked them but didn't realize they were as good as the review. Might have to give them another try.

You won't be disappointed. I have swore by them since 2012. You should watch some of the water tests of dry24/7's on YouTube. The results were very impressive.

15 hours ago, willnotwill said:

I think that the majority of the "comsumer" incontinence customers don't need (and hence don't want) the overly thick diapers. 

I 100% agree!  Those in the normal non AB/DL incontinence world don't want to be noticed going about their day and although I'm sure they appriciate a good product, they don't want thick and obvious.  They prefer discreet.

• Like 1

Adding to that, the majority of people with some form of incontinence do not have completely uncontrollable incontinence.  Most people with some form of incontinence have enough control to get themselves to a bathroom within a limited amount of time, but need protection in cases where they can't.  Some have slow leakage or dripping, which doesn't need a monstrously thick diaper to collect.  Older women, especially those who have given birth at some point in their lives, are more likely to have some form of incontinence than men.  There are also ways to treat some forms of incontinence to either mitigate or even eliminate the problem.

A segment of the population that does have completely uncontrollable incontinence are people in hospice, comatose or otherwise unconscious, and likely aren't eating or drinking much to need a thick diaper (if they aren't already using a catheter).  

So for most people with incontinence, store products are fine.  Thankfully for those who need more absorbent products, there are many different AB/DL and non AB/DL vendors who have great products to choose from.