LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Interesting conversation with a child minder.

A couple of weeks ago, a friend of ours (me and frog-girl that is) was over at our house. She runs a nursery out of her house, all registered with the relevant bodies (Ofsted outstanding etc). She's very good at what she does, but due to a variety of economic reasons, times are hard. A lot of families who used to put their children into her nursery are now using other means of childcare (grandma & grandpa and such like). Consequently, like most nurseries and child minders around here, she's struggling to keep the business going. In fact, 5 out of the 7 nearest us have already closed.

When talking about this with her, she suddenly announced she's thinking of converting her nursery to an AB nursery as it'll be more much more profitable. Being a part of this way of life my jaw almost hit the floor that this straight laced individual had contemplated such a move... I was intrigued, but realised that if I sounded too keen, it may give the game away. I asked if that was because of the Channel4 program "My 15 stone Baby" that was on a while back, but she hadn't seen it. This suggested that she has done her own research and not happened across this idea by accident. I probed further saying I didn't think there could be that much money in it (despite knowing the very high fees these places have), and she duly informed me that 1 half day visit from an AB would return more than she currently earns in a week (showing not only awareness of ABDL, but also at lease some level of research into the topic).

At this point I decided it was probably for the best to silence the big part of me that was trying to yell the offer of my services as a tester AB at her nursery and allowed the conversation to reach its end with a half interested "hmmm" noise.

Wife and I were genuinely astounded and talked about it once she had left. Wife even said she was tempted to volunteer my services as a tester (which we both laughed at when I admitted I had the same thought). I sincerely doubt our friend has any intention of switching the age range at her nursery, but I was taken aback by how casual she said it... Nothing flippant in her tone at all.

(That said, it's a real shame it won't happen as I happen to think she'd be pretty great at looking after ABs)

No real point to the thread, just a very interesting conversation I wanted to share!

Yours

Frogboy

• Thanks 1

How would you explain it to her if she did convert to an AB/DL nursery and you showed up to partake of her services?  The cat would be out of the bag for sure after she picked up her jaw from the floor.

13 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

This is actually super cool. :D Thanks for sharing your story!  And if she does change her business, you can put an advertisement on the site.

I could advertise it in exchange for free visits! :D

11 hours ago, wetste said:

She's probably reading this now :whistling:

Lol, yeah, but it's not like she isn't okay with the idea of ABDL :P

11 hours ago, rusty pins said:

How would you explain it to her if she did convert to an AB/DL nursery and you showed up to partake of her services?  The cat would be out of the bag for sure after she picked up her jaw from the floor.

I'd just rock up on the doorstep in my cutest Snap crotch onesie with a tykables galactic underneath, binky in mouth and teddy bear in hand.

Not sure there would be any need to explain anything at that point ;)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, poobrat said:

maybe she was trying to tell you she knows about you without just blurting it out,to see how far she could carry this conversation with you,lol.

That was my thought as well. The odds of it being a random coincidence are low in my opinion. 

Sixty five years ago my mother was trying (and failing) to potty train me. I remember her telling people that she potty trained me at 18 months and this story was repeated, more times than I can remember, while she was Changing my Diapers. I was 12 before I could convince her that I didn't need diapers anymore and 45 years old before I was diagnosed with a type of birth defect incontinence. So... Overprotective Mother, multiple hospitalizations and bed rest for a year in second grade, ... How could I NOT be a Diaper Lover.

That said, as a child my diapers had Always embarrassed me. I always assumed that they, the diapers, were a Family Secret and Mother would never talk about them with anyone else...

:roflmao:  ...

Remember I was just a little kid. The end result was, I learned how to keep my Incontinence a secret and with the exception of a few friends and family it's still a secret. I'm not sure but I don't think I could handle having my diapers changed by Anyone let alone a complete stranger so the idea of using an AB/DL Daycare probably wouldn't work for me . On the other hand, I wouldn't mind trying my hand as a DL Care Giver :wub:

On 7/25/2018 at 7:29 PM, poobrat said:

maybe she was trying to tell you she knows about you without just blurting it out,to see how far she could carry this conversation with you,lol.

Here's a possibility, but I'd caution anyone to never rely on what you might 'read between the lines' :huh: When I came out as TG, I discovered that some of those whom I had expected to get acceptance from rejected me while some of those who I expected rejection from accepted me. I'd spent over a year thinking about that and how it would go based only on what I had perceived from our past conversations and their general actions. You simply cannot know the answer until the question is asked directly :rolleyes: and once the question has been brought out it may not be a secret anymore :o 

I'd suggest that if the topic arises again in a private enough atmosphere, you gently steer the conversation toward who you both know that might be ABDL and what you've seen that makes you think that way. If she knows or suspects you, this approach will almost certainly bring that out about you, and by then you will probably have a good idea what she really thinks about the matter. There is a very real chance she spoke in jest, never really considering actually doing it :mellow: Or you can use that opportunity to do some 'coming out' should you want to, for if she really does open up an ABDL nursery, she will need good advice and who better for that than you :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

I highly suspect offering ABDL nursery care would put an end to childcare for her forever.  What parent would want their child exposed to something so unusual.  Bettypooh’s Suggestion sounds like a good one to breach the subject.  If caregiver is open to it, consider an off day for her to care for you or overnight with wife’s permission.

I highly doubt she was trying to let me know she knows about my love of nappies. The AB nursery idea was one of several ideas she aired as a means of diversifying the nursery to increase her income and it although she had clearly done some research, the impression I got was that it really wasn't something she was planning to do in the short to medium term. The suggestion was buried in amongst other ideas, it wasn't a suggestion out of the blue and there was no hint in her voice or body language that she was trying to get me to open up about anything.

Nor would I be inclined to confide in her about being a nappy lover. If (and it's a big if) she opened a nursery for ABs, I might see about sorting out an afternoon stay, but it really isn't likely to happen.

On 7/26/2018 at 5:32 PM, Mr. Sea Otter said:

That was my thought as well. The odds of it being a random coincidence are low in my opinion. 

A nursery owner talking about needing to increase her revenue somehow and mentioning that if she looked after adult babies instead of actual babies, she'd be a lot better off. Hmmm, yeah the odds are stacked against against this being a coincidence. It's far more likely that despite never having seen me in a nappy, or ever having seen any AB items in our house, she just somehow knows I like lounging around in a onesie whilst casually filling my nappies and consequently felt compelled to create a flimsy pretence to get me to admit I'm ABDL despite it possibly destroying our friendship. And for what purpose? Would she really want to tell her married friend that she wants to baby said friend's husband and change his nappy? we're talking about someone who despite facing some serious challenges, has managed to stay in business when others around her are going bust. She's not daft and I firmly believe that even if she did have any inkling about my nappied goings on, she'd know to keep it to herself for the sake of friendships.

I appreciate being outed and humiliated etc is a turn on for some people. Hell, I'm not going to lie, if our friend did say she was opening an ABDL nursery and she wants me to test it out, I'd be there in a flash. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's just not going to happen. I simply thought it funny that she'd come across our way of life and had given at least a little thought to the idea of opening an AB nursery.