LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Build-A-Bear Announces Pay Your Age for A Bear (ONE DAY ONLY! July 12th, 2018!)

I just heard about this today from a friend & I am going to treat myself to my first ever stuffed bear as an actual adult for 32 dollars (My Actual age). As soon as I found out about this I thought of posting it here in case anyone else wants to take advantage. Once again it is this coming Thursday July 12th only. I have included a link to a local news article about it & it is also listed on the Build-a-Bear Website too.

www.9news.com/article/news/nation-world/age-isnt-just-a-number-build-a-bear-announces-first-ever-pay-your-age-day/

Why would you want to "take advantage" of this? Most BAB stuffies sell for under 30 dollars. This sale is for actual kids to get their own Build-a-Bear for half the normal price. It doesn't work well for adults (unless you're college-age or slightly older than that).

10 minutes ago, minachan16 said:

Why would you want to "take advantage" of this? Most BAB stuffies sell for under 30 dollars. This sale is for actual kids to get their own Build-a-Bear for half the normal price. It doesn't work well for adults (unless you're college-age or slightly older than that).

At least it caps at $29 so that if you are on the older side of things you are not paying an obscene amount.

• Like 1

If I didn't have a closet already full of plushies...(srsly, I'm at my plushy limit.  I should part with a few, but I can't bring myself to...)  But then my sissy-boy BAB bunnies could always use a new sissy-boy sister! 

I am bringing my kids to this. I don't want to pay $29 for a build a bear. I once spent $15 there because they had a sale and it was getting one stuffed for $15 so that was how I got two Hello Kitty's. But it does not include clothes or any assecories. 

The line was so massive at the mall here, they closed it and couldn't guaranteed when it would open again. Now I am dealing with a grumpy child because I "broke my promise." I should have just woken up when he woke me up and leave early before eight. Lesson learned. 

Lot of parents and kids were upset over this. I am sure Build a Bear won't do this again. Or maybe do it better next time like have it go on all month than for one day. 

I remember many years ago when the Cabbage Patch Dolls were the big thing.  Working second shift allowed me to get up at 4am to go to a local store that had advertised they had a shipment in.  Keep in mind, back then it was the hot toy of the year and no one had any.  As soon as a store got them in they would sell out in a matter of minutes.  I was about 40th in line and just barley got one for my brother's Godchild.  I was almost trampled in the process.  I feel sorry for any parent who's kid has their heart set on the one hot and nearly unobtainable toy of the year.  Shame on Build A Bear for not having the common sense to realize a promotion like this would cause such long lines and be impossible for them to handle.  Personally, rather than issue a $15 voucher to use at a future date, they should have gone down the line and handed out rain checks dated for different specific days.  So many for July 20, so many for July 21, so many for July 24, etc.  That way they could still honor their Pay Your Age promotion for those in line the date of the original promotion but spread them out over a few weeks so they are not all there at once.  Kind of like a special appointment for honoring the promotion for those in line who didn't get their bear.

The local store ran out and issued rainchecks to those who were too late. Yeah, I think this blew up in their face but I can't see why anyone would have expected any other response. When this quarter's financial report comes out it will probably show their biggest loss ever. And if it does, there will be some marketing jobs opening up there with some stupid people deservedly joining the ranks of the unemployed. I hope they have other skills because with a blunder this size they won't be offered any more marketing jobs anymore :P

Bettypooh

I was at the mall yesterday while this was happening. No panic yet, but you could get the vibes off of people that they knew they were going to leave empty-handed. There was mall security, but no police. I decided to look for dress shirts another day.

On 7/13/2018 at 4:29 AM, rusty pins said:

I remember many years ago when the Cabbage Patch Dolls were the big thing.  Working second shift allowed me to get up at 4am to go to a local store that had advertised they had a shipment in.  Keep in mind, back then it was the hot toy of the year and no one had any.  As soon as a store got them in they would sell out in a matter of minutes.  I was about 40th in line and just barley got one for my brother's Godchild.  I was almost trampled in the process.  I feel sorry for any parent who's kid has their heart set on the one hot and nearly unobtainable toy of the year.  Shame on Build A Bear for not having the common sense to realize a promotion like this would cause such long lines and be impossible for them to handle.  Personally, rather than issue a $15 voucher to use at a future date, they should have gone down the line and handed out rain checks dated for different specific days.  So many for July 20, so many for July 21, so many for July 24, etc.  That way they could still honor their Pay Your Age promotion for those in line the date of the original promotion but spread them out over a few weeks so they are not all there at once.  Kind of like a special appointment for honoring the promotion for those in line who didn't get their bear.

I still think they should have ran it for 30 days. But maybe they were afraid of parents would come back for more Build a Bears. 

5 hours ago, Megalo said:

Anyone who registered on their site for their club received a 15 dollar off coupon.

Not much of a compensation for someone who was supposed to get one for their kid's age, weather that be $1 or $5 or whatever the kid's age is.

5 hours ago, Spokane Girl said:

I still think they should have ran it for 30 days. But maybe they were afraid of parents would come back for more Build a Bears. 

No, that would have really cost the company so much money they would have gone bankrupt.  Run it for the one day, but allow the people who were in line that day and didn't get a chance to get their bear to come back another day with their voucher for a bear at the price of their child's age.  Honor the original offer for that one day to the people who didn't get their chance to get their bear and let them come back for it another day at that price, not a $15 off coupon.  That's just not right and I bet some people will sue the company for not honoring their promotion.

Lot of parents were pissed at the company for this promotion because of so many people showing up and people waiting for hours in line only to be turned away and so many upset kids. I have a feeling they won't do this promotion again or they don't announce it on social media and only keep it in emails to bonus club members. That way thousands of people won't show up. People could come in different days for their promotion that was in their bonus club membership on their BAB account. That way no large lines will happen.