LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How to to tell your family

First and foremost welcome to Daily Diapers.  If you need advice there are PLENTY of experienced people here that will take the time to give it to you, myself included.  Please let us know more about your situation so that we may give you the best advice.  If you need someone to talk to about wearing diapers and the feelings that come with those desires I promise you that you are in the right place.

• Like 3

I couldn't agree more with elfy.. don't EVER tell your family about your kink.. think of it this way.. would you like to know your mother is using a strapon, on your father.. I am betting the answer is no way !!!!..  If you need to tell them about your diapers ( and it should always on a need to know basis) start coming up with a medical reason. but never ever explain a kink/fetish to your family.. it won't go well...

:no-no-baby-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Diaperstorm said:

I don't know how to hide it from them

First, your profile doesn't say a thing about you.  Do you live with your parents? Are you boy or girl?  How often do you wear or want to wear diapers?  Do you need them medically?  Do you want to wear just for fun?

I agree with others.  DON'T TELL THEM!  You have so much more to lose than you have to gain.  Think of the worst reaction.  Are you prepared to move out and live on your own in your own place finacially and emotionally when they kick you out of their house for wearing diapers?  Are you willing to risk them cutting you out of their lives and shunning you for what many people call a sick perversion?  Do you want them to haul you to a psychiatrist for sessions because they think you have a mental illness?  How would you feel when they tell everyone about it including relatives, friends and post the information on facebook?  Are you prepared to lose friends and be shunned at family gatherings and get the funny looks from people who know?  What do you expect to gain by telling them?  That you can openly wear diapers around and in front of them whenever you want for your own personal enjoyment?  NOT A GOOD IDEA!  If you can't take the extreme care in hiding your diaper activities from your parents, and that means do it very sparingly at home behind locked doors, keep everything locked up and hidden where snooping eyes can't find it,  dispose of anything away from home discreetly, don't stink up the house and make sure you don't accidently leave anything out where it can be found, you have no business wearing diapers in your parents house or around them to begin with.  Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's a reality check, especially when you haven't said one thing about yourself or your situation other than the above statement.

• Like 1

While I believe that if given enough time someone will discover this, there is no need or wisdom in making that happen earlier. Quite simply, the odds are more in favor of losing much versus gaining anything so add me to those saying "JUST DON'T!"

Bettypooh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 9:09 AM, Bettypooh said:

While I believe that if given enough time someone will discover this, there is no need or wisdom in making that happen earlier. Quite simply, the odds are more in favor of losing much versus gaining anything so add me to those saying "JUST DON'T!"

Bettypooh

I agree, just don't. They will almost certainly not be opened minded to it. Coming out has some serious consequences. However, if you medically need them then telling them may be an option. This has been the case with me and my family. They know about my health condition but not the kink/lifestyle side of it and I intend to keep it that way.

• Like 1

We all want the freedom to be yourself openly and fully, but that isn't on offer from society- not even within the limited scope of family. You have to earn respect and acceptance, it is not given in it's true form any other way. Even then it isn't guaranteed and anyone can withold it if they choose to. Nobody owes anyone anything except the basic human rights, and those do not include automatic social or familial acceptance.

There seems to be a general lack of understanding this in the last generation or two here in the US and I honestly fear that once they discover how wrong their way of thinking is that they will go too far in the opposite direction trying to compensate which will make it harder than it is now for those of us who are different. Our only hope is to have proven that we are well worth their acceptance when that time comes, differences and all. I see that change beginning already and I see who is leading the way, without them having a clue that their own differences are going to get them the same treatment eventually, and in a much harsher way. So be it.

Be careful what you ask for because you just might get it and discover that it wasn't what you really wanted.

Bettypooh

• Thanks 1

Please take everyone's advice here and don't tell. For anyone who does not enjoy diapers for recreation, they will NEVER understand how we feel.

They say that there are two certainties in life:-  "Death and Taxes".

There are two certainties about wearing nappies:-  "nappies leak, fact of life", and "someone will find out, sods law".

The only non medical but legitimate reason that I have come across for wearing a nappy is lack of facilities such as on 'a Chinese new-year train journey home'. or going to a 'three day music festival', but you might be able to think of others.

If you can experience such an occasion, you could, when found out, have a chance of being believed that you heard about wearing a nappy at events, tried wearing one, surprisingly liked the convenience / confidence / security, and wonder that more people don't do it.

This won't work if you are an AB and someone finds baby print nappies and a baby dummy.