LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pull ups

Probably not.  Bambino has their Magnifico pull-up, which are pretty bad.  Unfortunately, adult body anatomy make it difficult to have a decent pull-up.  ABU's head pretty much said there's no plans on making a pull-up, and after seeing the reaction to the Magnifico pull-up, I can't imagine anyone is going to try any time soon.

At the moment the majority of people in the USA way into AB are old enough that they missed the introduction of Huggies Pull-Up. In a few years people who did toilet train in disposable pull-ups will become more active in AB groups and will be demanding decorated pull-ups from ABU, Bambino, etc.

Pampers introduced Size 7 Cruisers circa 2006 because all of the pull-up manufacturers were having production problems. A major reason Pampers never introduced sizes 8 and 9, or Huggies a size 7 was because both firms figured out how to make toddler pull-ups more efficiently. Parents prefer pull-up over diapers for larger/older toddlers.

In adult sizes only a few factories have the equipment to make pull-on. Changing the set-up from size to size takes a lot longer than on machines making diapers. Therefore the practical minimum order per run is many times that of diapers. Bambino probably has the best connections with contract factories. If they are not willing to take a chance with the minimum pull-on order, I assume their market research concludes the time is in the future. Maybe someday.

I don't wear adult pull-on, except Tru-Fit, when in the USA. Classic GoodNites never worked for me. When I travel to Australia I wear Tena adult pull-on during the day because those fit me well. I travel with magic markers, so I spend time each evening decorating the pull-ons I will wear the next day,

The only plastic back adult diaper I keep on hand are Attends Youth. I wear those when I am sick and lack bowel control, as well as when I cannot wash gauze bed diapers. I have decorated a lot of Youth and have a half case ready. This week I had the runs and wore 10 Youth. The decorations made up for the yuck factor.

Per Tod, owner of Tykables:

There are a few reasons actually and none of them are because no one sees an interest or thinks the market isn't there. The problem is that most adult pull on style diapers "training pants" are made the same and thus the machines are made the same. The blunt truth is there really are no machines out there that can physically make an adult size training pants that looks like a babys training pant. That in itself is one of the the biggest reasons no one makes them. No ABDL company has the expendable funds to build or modify a machine to make it, that is why there is not one. If someone else, a larger company with more resources, makes or adjust a machine to produce something like that and upfronts the funds to do it one or all of our companies probably would make a training pant like that; if they worked... That leads us to the second part.

The flip side is physics particularly with the ABDL groups. A traditional diaper style in itself can hold as much liquid as you allow it by adding SAP and other fills to the point that the plastic will split or tear or that the liquid in the diaper would cause it to sag due to gravity. On a traditional diaper that is not as big of an issue because the plastic diaper has the same strength all the way around from front to back allowing a tighter fit to the body. Elastic in a training pants by nature stretches one way and with a training pants it stretches a lot to fit even a small waist size variance. Think about the fact that most regular underwear only has a 2-4 inch range while many diapers are almost 3-4 times that. The weight of almost any amount of liquid would cause the training pants to sag and droop immediately once it was wet by stretching the elastic. This brings us to a third part which does actually bring into the size of the market.

We know for a fact that many ABDL people want a diaper than can hold back an ocean, so forget the "I am a little wet idea." The diapers would fall off if they were intended for 'moderate usage' which is why most pull on style products are rated at light incontinence and do not even come close to approaching the same level of absorbance as a traditional diaper. Even if we can get past the custom machines any and all elastic will give far quicker than tapes and plastic ever would. So if we overcome the first hurdle of making the training pants we would have to continue now with how much should and could the training pants hold. Once the training pant is wet the elastic no matter how good would begin to stretch and give more so than if it was just being worn. The more wet the training pant the worse the fit will be. You need more sizes with smaller size ranges to keep the sagging issue down. Gravity is a bitch and that is a real biggest answer for now.

As Angela says, the Tena pullups are really pretty good.  They only hold about half of a high capacity nappy - no problem with half a litre though.  And they don't fall down with that much in - as long as you take the normal precaution of wearing a onesie. (That's the Tena Maxi, which is the most absorbent).  I suspect they'd still be OK without the onesie, but I haven't tried that.  They're cloth style of course, but I don't see why that cloth couldn't be printed instead of white. 

base-0000-pants-ngp.png.b6da100af471b74daee3f8e6963ed527.png

Not sure about the machine not existing, but maybe Per Tod is talking about something a bit different.

Thanks for all the replies as the education on why no pull ups make sense.  I guess that is the reason I never found one that reallly works.  I love my Crinklz and  have always worn cloth till 2 months ago.They hold plenty of wettings.

I guess you could do your own using stamps like are used with scrapbooking and waterproof inks and existing pull-ups of your choosing. A similar approach could be done on a larger scale by stretching the pull-up over a flat form then using a large stamp to print the entire front and back. A low- production setup like that should be possible but costs might be prohibitive with the hand-work and repackaging which would be needed. 

I too have to wonder if the demand would merit even those costs. A real pull-up has a low capacity as part of the design and intended use. The cheap ones I wear around home hold one small wetting or some minor dribbles for an hour or two. They're not practical at all unless using the toilet is included, but then again that is what 'training pants' and older children's pull-ups were intended to do. They're for accidents, not wettings. Would ABDL's use them like that? I don't know. And what would we be willing to pay for them knowing that using them means more changes than a diaper would need? 

At times like this I really wish I had connections in China where this could be done at a reasonable cost. A one-person factory with one simple hand-operated printing press could probably print enough to keep up with the demand, and that could be very easily expanded if needed. The repackaging (bagging) might not be so simple but open-end bags tied closed would do. If I knew something about printing and had the resources I might give this a try. For at least a while you'd have the whole market to yourself so it should be profitable.

Bettypooh

These probably don't actually qualify as the 'print' pullups you're talking about but I think the Always Discreet feminine pink pullups are so cute. They have the ribbon looking around the top. Never been a big fan of pullups for the obvious reasons but for as thin as these are they do a pretty good job. I normally use them with a booster. My fav are the Tena overnight boosters. Nice and bulky and add an amazing amount of absorbency. I recently ran across the small boosters from North Shore. For as small as they are they also add quite a bit. I'm back to wearing them during the day and I can go all day without any leakage.

peachAD.png

I like small, which is why I wear goodnites, even though I have to be careful to not just leg go and pee full on in them.  I like their snugness and they are very 'stealth,' lol!

oooh those are what I wear, but in purple! Not all of the pink ones in a pack have designs on them, but all of the purple ones do. Also I just like the color. ^^

Can also confirm, they hold quite a bit for a "discreet" diaper. I slow-wetted one a few days ago and made it last 6 hours, and I probably could have gone longer.