LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abdl Furniture

dldave86

• 5 months later...

Wow,  I wish I could do something like that. Couldn't afford it nor place it even if I could. I hope you can make some money with your efforts. Also, @DaddyHatiwolf I think that he simply means that he's sold out. At least, that's what I get from reading the post on the site.

• 4 months later...

Let me start of by saying what a brilliant design and concept.

As a person who knows - this is CnC 4'x6' router /laser/waterjet table cutout... 5 sheets 6'x4' of half inch Baltic birch plywood. They highchair is maybe a single sheet. $35 bucks a sheet = $175 in materials for the crib. But the machine time, programming, training required, and experience aren't free. There are plenty of challenges when using Baltic birch plywood. Sometime all the plies aren't glued and bonded correctly. Machine time costs serious cash if you don't own your own. Even a quality DIY setup for a cnc router will run you several thousand. If you are doing it with custom jigs and not on a cnc, it takes forever and mistakes are more costly.

I'd pay for the autocad drawings if he were selling them. Not because I think his furniture price is unreasonable. It is absolutely fair.

My issue is freight shipping will add a couple hundred bucks to the equation and I can have it done locally for about $100-$150 a sheet at a wood cutting place via laser cnc machine. Of course, you still have to sand, seal, and finish everything. But I could do that work to get a great end product for my little girl.

Amen with using Baltic Birch plywood.  All the other stuff, including what is called furniture grade, is junk.  Mismatched plies and voids on edges that need to be dealt with.  That take time and effort to deal with.  Baltic birch costs more at first but if you labor is worth anything it is cheapest in the long run.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, 1950potty said:

Amen with using Baltic Birch plywood.  All the other stuff, including what is called furniture grade, is junk.  Mismatched plies and voids on edges that need to be dealt with.  That take time and effort to deal with.  Baltic birch costs more at first but if you labor is worth anything it is cheapest in the long run.

You are 100% spot on. If you do get the pure veneer Baltic birch,  it is so worth the extra premium. I can't imagine doing the very last cut on the crib drop panel and having it just splinter into chips. I'd seriously lose my mind. 

He has a great design. I can probably drop it into autocad and send it off for cutting, but I would rather pay to use his design.