Have you tried cloth diapers?  

642 members have voted

1. 1. Have you tried cloth diapers?

• Yes, Love 'em
    • Yes, Not for Me
    • No, But want to
    • No, disposables only!
    • Other

I'm a cloth diaper "wearer", since I don't wet or mess in them, that would be a "diaper user", LOL. All I wear is cloth, probably 90% of the time when I'm in diapers at all.

I have cloth diapers, and I like cloth diapers, but I don't wear them very often, because they are a lot of work, and harder to conceal than a disposable, so when I do wear them, which is pretty rare, it's only at night or around the house. Outside of the house I'll only wear a disposable. 

• 1 month later...

My parents used cloth diapers on me as a baby and so they were pretty much all I knew. When my DL fetish kicked in, I automatically started wearing cloth diapers. It took me some time before I experimented with disposables and I'm now probably 75% disposables and 25% cloth. Whereas disposables are quick and easy, to me cloth diapers are more of a special event and so I only wear them when I can put in 100% effort :) I make them super thick and bulky, lots of pins, big plastic pants to go cover everything and then I make sure that I wash them and hang them on the line for everyone to see (if possible).

• 2 weeks later...

I only used to wear disposable nappies with plastic backing. A few years ago i purchased a big bulky cloth nappy to try something different. To my suprise it was really comfortable and i just enjoyed wearing it to bed to relax, chill and sleap but i never used the cloth nappy for wetting. I would recommend trying a cloth nappy out if you only use disposables you will be pleasantly suprised. If you do intend wetting you would need plastic pants to stop the leaks. I said to myself i would like to try wetting my cloth nappy so i do own so plastic pants but ive never got round to doing it yet. maybe now ive written this post and its fresh in my mind i will try it. ?

• 4 weeks later...

I was raised in cloth diapers and never wanted to give them up I guess.  Sure, I've used disposables from time to time, but nothing feels better than pinning on a cloth diaper with plastic pants over it

• Like 1

I haven't worn them as an ABDL because 1) I prefer disposables and, more importantly 2) I live in an apartment building, and we have a shared washer/dryer, so that would make discretion and cleanliness difficult. Even though I was born well after disposables were popular, I wore cloth as an actual baby, so it's weird I prefer disposables...

That is all I use

Yes, I've tried them for a week.

I really wanted to like them but I didn't enjoy feeling wet and I got a terrible diaper rash that lasted for several weeks.

I still have them and I may try them again in the future but I still prefer my disposables.

25 minutes ago, scaifester said:

Yes, I've tried them for a week.

I really wanted to like them but I didn't enjoy feeling wet and I got a terrible diaper rash that lasted for several weeks.

I still have them and I may try them again in the future but I still prefer my disposables.

Perhaps try using more powder.  Plain cornstarch also works well too from my experience.

I've never used the cloth diapers that are pinned on and require plastic pants, and don't have any interest in trying them. I do have one of the fleece lined Velcro diapers from BiggerDiapers.com and soakers to go with it, as well as a BD flannel lined diaper wrap that can also serve as a diaper with enough soakers. I'm going to try it with my new flannel pull up diaper if my most recent BD order ever comes. I also have a pair of terry-lined PUL training pants (yup, also from BD). I mostly wear those 3 when I'm in the mood to wear but don't plan on wetting or messing (don't want to ruin the tapes on a good disposable if I don't use it) but sometimes I wet them if it's laundry day, so I can wash them right away. I don't enjoy the feeling of sitting in them for long once they're wet. sometimes I wear them over disposables if I know I'll be testing the limits.

• 2 months later...
On 7/30/2020 at 9:38 AM, triggernum2 said:

I only used to wear disposable nappies with plastic backing. A few years ago i purchased a big bulky cloth nappy to try something different. To my suprise it was really comfortable and i just enjoyed wearing it to bed to relax, chill and sleap but i never used the cloth nappy for wetting. I would recommend trying a cloth nappy out if you only use disposables you will be pleasantly suprised. If you do intend wetting you would need plastic pants to stop the leaks. I said to myself i would like to try wetting my cloth nappy so i do own so plastic pants but ive never got round to doing it yet. maybe now ive written this post and its fresh in my mind i will try it. ?

I’m feeling the same. I like cloth for a change of pace, but I rarely use them. If I’m planning on using them, it’s disposable. 

• If you want to know what "padded" really menas. Only cloth diapers will do. They are thicker, give more coverage and can be used in multples without having to go through hoops

You call ThAT padded?

large.20181013_221203.jpg.6139c8bc026c28

THIS is padded!! and all over the chastity area, too, not justfront and back

It is so thick I cannot cross or close my legs above the knee. You have no idea what that does to a little girl my age. Especially being in such short dresses,skrts and babydolls. How many persons do not love to feel rubber panties and thick padding between someone's legs? and what else can be made to go usually 14 hours between changes

• 4 weeks later...

I just started trying out cloth recently, ( maybe for just a little over month now ? ) when I had been trying only disposables for about a year. mainly because I was very carious  and had been on my to do list for a while, now finally got my chance, as right now I have two that are with Velcro hooks , also with a single pair of plastic pants,  and I must say I was quite pleased by how nice they felt, very comfy, as in I really like the soft fabric feel of them, though do miss the crinkle sound you'd get from disposables  ( though the plastic pants to sort of make up for it a little ) Sure, having to wash them  after  " usage " could start to be a bit of a hassle, ( I only tried them for going number one )  but the fact It can be a little less expensive then always buying disposables makes it pretty good still, ( still I love both types )they are defiantly however more what I'd wear if I am just going to to lounge around house and such and not bother to actually do my business in them.
now I certainly would love to get a chance to try the kind that require safety pins of sorts just because ?

• Like 1

@Flaresnare

I have NEVER tried cloth diapers, but I have heard that they can be used to make them really THICK!  I don't use them, and probably couldn't because it would be hard for me to put on, and I would have to clean them, which would be a pain for me - I'll stick to the disposables ;)

Brian

• Like 1

I haven't but I'm considering buying a few as well as a few pairs of plastic panties. I've had some solo bed time recently and will again in a month and I've taken to wearing a disposable to bed for comfort. The disposable I can get my hands on is useless for my significant morning void so I'm having to get up for the toilet anyway. Additionally useless because I'm a side-sleeper. I'm hoping if I switch to cloth and plastic pants with an underpaid overnight I might actually be able to go without leaving or leaking onto the bed. I imagine the comfort sensation is also equal to or greater than wearing the disposable.

Go to my siggie and read all of RUBBER PANTIES'R'US for some guidence and some of my picks. I have not yet done the review of Rearz and MyProtex "Smoothes" which are essentially the same. After you read the page and want to study some parts in depth, you can use thecontents to getat the specific section(s) you wish

Coth diapers and rubber panties will be better for leaks because they cover the hips. You can als get "nightweight" cloth diapers, which hold more wetness. You will find a section with links to diaper information. You will also find links to places that sell clothdiapers and rubber panteis

On 12/5/2020 at 11:48 PM, ~Brian~ said:

@Flaresnare

I have NEVER tried cloth diapers, but I have heard that they can be used to make them really THICK!  I don't use them, and probably couldn't because it would be hard for me to put on, and I would have to clean them, which would be a pain for me - I'll stick to the disposables ;)

Brian

Oh yeah one of the reasons I did want to try them is I hear they could be thicker and so so far they have felt more fluffy and thick compared to the disposable brand I used  I certainly want to try adding some doublers/liners to them to really see what I can get as a result  sometime ? , but I understand, washing them certainly is the biggest issue they present for me,  but I still like the idea of always sort of owning a diaper for a while which makes that worth it a bit for me. but yeah disposables can certainly be more connivant in ways, and defiantly what I still aim to obtain when I can as well. 

• Like 1
On 7/29/2018 at 8:27 PM, WBxx said:

my mistake, plastic pants are translucent, not opaque.  Sorry about that.

They comoe in allkinds, Clear, transluscent and opaque

The quote alsowent "I'l put you in your babay sister's diapers and rubber panties",and it was notjust for bedwetting. It could be if you got rampunctious or ifyou were a "crybaby". I wonder which was more of a threat "diapers and rubber panties" or "baby sister's"/

My bladder control problem is the result of a surgical mishap when I was 14 years old in 1956. I wore cloth diapers with plastic pants until disposables became reliable enough to trust not to leak. That was about 25 or so years ago. I switched to disposables because they do not need to be laundered, which can be a lot of work. In the long run, disposables are much more expensive than cloth diapers, but they’re worth the extra money.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...