642 members have voted

1. 1. Have you tried cloth diapers?

• Yes, Love 'em
    • Yes, Not for Me
    • No, But want to
    • No, disposables only!
    • Other

1 hour ago, ppdude said:

Oh yeah you NOT wearing 4 cloth diapers and 4 inserts. We do luv our rubbers don't we? Better than sliced bread. Better than.... :)

I do not use inserts. By making the area between the legs thicker with more material, they make the caustic wet stay there much longer which means it has more time to do nasty things to that delicate part of the body. An extra full layer of material as part of the diaper holds as much as a double layer insert and it makes the diaper thicker all around. About which girls do not have to worry since a full-circle skirt can hold quite a bit under it. Eat your hearts out; boys, everything has a good chance of showing with you. All we have to do is just keep our skirts down

Certainly better than PUL since they do not let vapor through and bettter than PEVA since they do not soooo resemble garbage bags (I was curious to see what it was like and got some for my dollies. They were not Glad, I will tell you that much. But the panties did seem Hefty)

Nope I'm a disposable baby

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Nope I'm a disposable baby

See a disposable type good baby20180116_124443.jpeg

What a proper cloth baby/little girl looks like

legs.jpg

I was born in 1957 and was diapered at night until I was 4 years old. I was put back into diapers for bedwetting at age 8 until I grew out of it at age 15. I suffered injuries in an accident back in 1998 that caused me to lose bladder control (neurogenic bladder). I have been wearing protection now for 20 years. I only wear disposables when I can't wear cloth as I get rashes from wearing disposables for more than a few hours. Wearing diapers 24/7/365 has become just another something that I have learned to deal with. They give me freedom to get out and enjoy life. Believe me there are many worse things that people have to deal with every day. 

The thing is, how many persons, when they try cloth proplerly, switch and how many persons go the other way

Cloth diapers and plastic pants (hard for masculine me to say panties) were my first true love and remain so.  Diaper is multiple flats, pinned in place, hanging low between my legs.  Pant is billowing, smooth, shiny opaque plastic.  Looking closely one can see droplets of moisture inside the pant.  THE SHAME!!!

On 7/14/2018 at 7:17 PM, ppdude said:

Oh yeah you NOT wearing 4 cloth diapers and 4 inserts. We do luv our rubbers don't we? Better than sliced bread. Better than.... :)

I think you have it backwards. 4 rubber panties?

3 hours ago, WBxx said:

"Cloth diapers and plastic pants (hard for masculine me to say panties)

Why do you think they were used for punishment and you were told "They will make you into a baby GIRL"?

"Multiple flats, pinned in place, hanging low between my legs. Pant is billowing, smooth, shiny opaque plastic."

That sounds pretty girlish to me; Tee hee. With my little legs being held open by that much material, I would feel like I am being raped. In fact I do. We little girls have a built-in dislike of anything put between our legs

Looking closely one can see droplets of moisture inside the pant.  THE SHAME!!!

How could you see the droplets if the panties are opauque and I would have to be in the same diapers for about 18 hours for them to get THAT soaked

1 hour ago, Little Christine said:

Why do you think they were used for punishment and you were told "They will make you into a baby GIRL"?

Yes, I believe there was an element of punishment in my extended night diapering.  Your quote is close, but mom's angry words were more like “Look at yourself, diapers at your age, you are nothing but a big lazy baby”.

And my mistake, plastic pants are translucent, not opaque.  Sorry about that.

You were born about 1953 and were 4 in '57 and 6 in '59. By then, the gender reference was disappearing. But in my family and those around my age. Diapers and rubber panties were "for girls" who, up to about age 8 would be in diapers for some occasions like trips of 2 hours or more, which, this being before the Interstates, were quite common (boys did not have to worry since, when they had to go, roadside wooded areas were common so the car could be stopped and they could run out a few yards and go, which even grown men did). Often you were told "Just like your baby sister" and if there was no baby sister, then "just like Cousin [insert name of 2 year old girl cousin]". This would terrify a 5 , 6 or even 7 year old boy

My panties are also translucent. Gary from LL Medical but my diapers fit snugly against the material so there would be no room for the droplets to form

Was raised in cloth (born in early 60's). Then when I first started 'playing' with diapers found where mom had stashed all the old diapers. It wasn't until much later that I was able to get my hands on some disposables,  back then they were baby diapers. For some time switched back and forth. Once I got my own place, I did buy a number of cloth diapers as long as disposables, Overtime phased out the cloth diapers. Just a bit too much work/hassle; Washing and wearing out. Now strictly disposables for me.

for me, paper diapers. which I have tried more than once over the past 39 yeards, do not even feel like dipaers, just alien and putting them on is all wrong with tapes and not pins and all the fussing you have to do to get the right fit, and they are so thin they feel insecure. I do not know how anyone who really remembers being put in cloth can even abide them. Since they are so different from what one would be used to, it would just be wrong on every level for me and I would feel like I am trying to con myself. But then my most remembered experiences were from about 6-2/3 to anound 9-3/4. This also included putting diapers on dolls whenever I was with the girls, which means shortly after noon and shortly after breadkfast if I stayed over for the night

• 2 weeks later...

I voted "other" since I don't wear diapers at all, just plastic panties directly in contact with my skin. Gerbertm­­ size 3T, very tight, crinkly (I like the embarrassing noise they make), hot and sweaty! Very arousing to me! ?

If I am going to do that, I put powder on the inside so that they move freely

If you have a layer of sweat, you do not feel the material, only the layer of water

There is also a way that it can be put under a diaper and still wet. it was used to make a "lazy" person have to stand up to wet, or, at night, get out of bed and stand up to wet to encourage learning to "hold it like a big girl", or if a bathroom was not immediately available, as in some living arrangements, to get up out of bed to wet so that the person does not become a bedwetter. It was called "the rubber diaper". If you had and girl friends with dolls, and there was a pair of rubber panteis under the doll's diaper, that is what that was all about. it was also used for punishment. When you are 4 or 5 or even 7 or 8, you do not like strong feelings of an unknown sort

And yes, there were lazy individuals. Some of the posters here have admitted to being such

On 7/29/2018 at 1:29 PM, WBxx said:

Cloth diapers and plastic pants (hard for masculine me to say panties) were my first true love and remain so.  Diaper is multiple flats, pinned in place, hanging low between my legs.  Pant is billowing, smooth, shiny opaque plastic.  Looking closely one can see droplets of moisture inside the pant.  THE SHAME!!!

So you still feel masculine wearing diapers? Lol. My wife refers to me as a baby when in diapers. I prefer toddler. Hard to feel manly being called baby  and wearing diapers and you are right I hate it when she talk about my plastic "panties" or I have to say it.

Read the RULES FOR RUBBER PANTIES

Never worn a cloth diaper before, not even when I was little, I think.

But as soon as the dryer's finished... ?

UPDATE: I had gotten this all-in-one from Bigger Diapers. It was a little small, but this was the most comfortable diaper I've ever worn. Cushy, but not stiff. Seems to hold a little more than I expected. Cute design...

TEAM CLOTH!

Edited by LilLew
UPDATE
On 7/4/2018 at 10:00 AM, Little Christine said:

No, why? :) You have to wear rubber panties with them. Who wants that? That's for girls

Actually, that is profoundly true. There was nothing else in the way of diaper I could wear for most of my life so what else could I use? And there was never a time when I had a diaper on that they were new to me. So I never had to, or even could "try" them

18 hours ago, LilLew said:

Never worn a cloth diaper before, not even when I was little, I think.

But as soon as the dryer's finished... ?

UPDATE: I had gotten this all-in-one from Bigger Diapers. It was a little small, but this was the most comfortable diaper I've ever worn. Cushy, but not stiff. Seems to hold a little more than I expected. Cute design...

TEAM CLOTH!

An AIO is to a diaper/rubber panties what a shot glass is to a tumbler or driving a go-kart compared to an MG. They are a compromise of several things and designed for special purposes. From the 1960's to the mid 1980's most of us were introduced to the diaper world by getting Salk "Pro-Pants". When full-on cloth diapers and plastic/rubber panties became widely available, we left the AIO (Pro-Pant) behind, as the shallow end of the pool, for the real thing. It will tell you nothing about full size cloth diapers that can be boosted or doubled and tripled to go for 10 hours+ between changes. or how thick that is between the legs and not having to worry about leaks

• 1 year later...

I wear disposable diapers until i have my daily poop. After I poop, i will switch to cloth diapers to keep the cost down. I will use about 4 to 6 Babykins cloth diapers per day when I am awake and wash them all once I switch back to a disposable diaper. I have been caught off guard quite a few times and pooped in my cloth diapers and that really sucks but that's just the way incontinence works. Washing a wet diaper is really simple, but washing a poopy diaper is a headache and that is why I always wait until I poop in my disposable diaper before I start using the cloth diapers.