LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Facing Forward

So, long story short, had a small benign tumor that caused a few other problems. Part of that problem is that it tore up my bladder... I am told that my capacity is greatly reduced due to the fact that they had to remove some of the bladder to remove the tumor, and that scarring from other unnoticed tears had destroyed elasticity down there. Right now I am in a hospital bed recovering, and they have me cathed right now. I do not like it. However, I am on doctors orders to be cathed for a month in order to help it all heal down there.

Now, continence issues. I was flat out told by my doctor that I am going to need to use the bathroom a lot more than I am used to. His guess is that I will be lucky to get half of the capacity I once had. A lot of women in this situation end up leaking a lot because of how quickly I will be going from empty to full, and night time long word here, aka bedwetting, should be expected...

I liked diapers. I never wanted to need them... it is going to be ok though, right? What are things I should prepare for assuming best case, only deal with bedwetting and frequent bathroom runs, to worse case I end up incontinent completely...

Whether it's going to be bedwetting or worse, you should look up some barrier creams and try them to see, how they work for you. Like, some may be too oily, others, on the contrary, may dry up too quickly. And sometimes, although it's extremely rare, some may give allergy. But again, that's super rare. Applying a small amount to a sensitive part of your skin (inner wrist, for example) should be enough to check this out.

Also, get a plastic or rubber sheet/ mattress cover, because sometimes diapers tend to leak.

Apart from that... If you move a lot in your sleep, I'd recommend an onesie or a diaper cover. If you condition is going to be worse, than simple bedwetting, either of the two is a must have. Which one is up to your preferences.

There is also a common mistake a lot of DLs make, when getting a legitimate reason for wearing diapers. They get themselves the thickest diaper possible. Don't do this. Start with some reliable medical brand, that has thinner ones. I'd suggest Hartmann MoliCare. If they leak, move up to thicker variants. Until the leaks stop. That way you'll be able to save a considerable amount of money.

Now, if your problem goes past bedwetting, get a bag, where you can put spare diapers and other supplies. It doesn't have to be a bag ONLY for diapers, but can be a slightly bigger bag, than you usually wear, that has a "secret" pocket.

Oh, and you should probably get a diaper pail in any case. Throwing diapers away one at a time, when you are at home may be tedious and they usually start smelling after some time, you know...

Apart from that... I think that's about it. I can't think of any really necessary things to have in either situation.

• Like 1

Logistics is usually the biggest issue. You have to plan for any time away from home where your diapers are stored. That can mean disposal problems too. Once you get settled into knowing what to expect it is not that hard to deal with. I have my 'stashed' diapers in a plastic shopping bag which is inside another heavy plastic shopping bag. That helps hide them from direct view and let's me double-bag the used one for later disposal should that be needed. Always have at least one more spare diaper on hand more than you think you'll need to cover delays and emergencies which are going to happen in life. 

Living with diapers needn't limit you or what you do in life. They're just extra baggage which some of us need like a cane, wheelchair, or insulin is for diabetics. With a bit of planning it's not much trouble at all.

Bettypooh

• Like 1

What seems to be the problem? It may be unconformable at first, but you will get used to the discomfort. If you wear a tight diaper cover, there is totally nothing to worry about, when doing sports. Well, except for sweat.
Also, try wearing a thinner diaper, when doing sports. Just change before and immediately after exercise and your should be all right. Oh, and one more thing.
If possible, you should allow yourself some time without a diaper after sports. At least ten to fifteen minutes or something. Like, after you shower, lie down on an absorbent sheet and read or watch TV etc for a bit.

• Like 1

First off I hope you have a quick recovery and that the lasting damage is minimal!  You will need to experiment with the type and level of product you may need.  You may need nothing or a small pad in the daytime to full premium brief at night. Only time will tell,  You will want to use the thinnest and smallest product that is suitable to your level of incontinence to be as close to your "normal" as possible this will help you cope with the issue but don't let the incontinence (if you have it) get you down and depressed.  Someone mentioned the Molicare premium super plus and that is a great THIN but very absorbent diaper but you might not need a full diaper (also they do have an odd cut so some people don't like them) but they are GREAT for being discreet under clothes. Likely you might only need a pad to a pull-up if anything during the day.  give time and be patient and soon you will have a clear idea of what you may or may not need. Good luck!

• Like 1