LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question about 24/7 wear

I am a new to this community, and I have a few questions if you guys don’t mind answering. :)

#1: How often would have to not wear to avoid becoming incontinent? I love diapers but I want to still be able to have some control for the times I’m not able to wear them. So I basically want to know the most I can wear them while avoiding that risk.

#2 If you were to become incontinent, is it something you can reverse? Can you re-potty train yourself? 

Thank you everyone!

Hi there and welcome.

It's not likely you would become incontinent from wearing diapers if you did not want to do so.  For the folks that do want incontinence in diapers they have to retrain their bladders and or bowels, and that takes a lot of time and patience.  If you just wear diapers and use your bladder/bowels normally (wait till you get the normal sensation to go because they are full) you will be safe from losing control.

If you made yourself incontinent you could re-potty train yourself but it depends on how you made yourself incontinent.  If you managed to atrophy your bladder/bowel muscles, (not easy to do) you can re-train but it will take time and patience.  If you became incontinent for some unknown reason you should see a Dr to find out whats wrong and if you can re-train.

Hope this helps.

#1- As said previously if you wear diapers permanently but use your bladder and bowels normally then it is a safe bet that you will not become incontinent.  It is not impossible that your bladder and bowel functions could degrade slightly though.  I have been in and out of diapers for the last 10 years or so and I would say by wearing diapers more it seemed to increase my OAB.  For the last year I have worn diapers permanently consciously relaxing my bladder and have honestly just started to show the beginnings signs of loss of bladder control.  

One thing to consider is if you go the diapers fulltime route but do not untrain yourself all of your wettings will be heavy which means you will need some quality diapers.  For those of us that are losing control we tend to pee pee frequently but in small amounts which helps to increase the effectiveness of our diapers.

You can also wear diapers all the time but use the toilet.  Majority of us with diminished or even no bladder control still use the toilet for bowel movements.  You can essentially do the same for peeing.  For some people it is about wearing the diaper and not so much about using it.

Thank you so much everyone! You have all helped me so much and I am relieved that if I wear diapers all the time I will still be in control. Or at least if I slip up a little I’ll be able to regain it pretty quickly. 

The comments on this are excellent. It's been 20+ years in diapers. Came home one day from work really wet thinking it was just sweat because it was really hot outside and no AC in the truck. Got wetter and wetter, went to doctor, ended up with urologist and found that bladder sphincter muscle no longer working properly. Only way to fix it is some kind of mechanical device. Opted to do nothing as diapers were a fantasy and now were real! It was scary at first, but as time went I've gotten used to it, like it, and prefer a diaper. I still use the potty as the bladder fills faster than it leaks though the leakage is significant. I still get pee feelings, but pee often in small amounts that for the most time, I am unaware. Time to change when it gets heavy! I can't say it leads to incontinence as my incontinence  has changed very little over the years.

Welcome! Don''t forget the rubber (plastic/PVC) panties for fun and profit! Ring the bell! :rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, ppdude said:

The comments on this are excellent. It's been 20+ years in diapers. Came home one day from work really wet thinking it was just sweat because it was really hot outside and no AC in the truck. Got wetter and wetter, went to doctor, ended up with urologist and found that bladder sphincter muscle no longer working properly. Only way to fix it is some kind of mechanical device. Opted to do nothing as diapers were a fantasy and now were real! It was scary at first, but as time went I've gotten used to it, like it, and prefer a diaper. I still use the potty as the bladder fills faster than it leaks though the leakage is significant. I still get pee feelings, but pee often in small amounts that for the most time, I am unaware. Time to change when it gets heavy! I can't say it leads to incontinence as my incontinence  has changed very little over the years.

Welcome! Don''t forget the rubber (plastic/PVC) panties for fun and profit! Ring the bell! :rolleyes:

Would you not technically have incontinence if you leak uncontrollably?  

Do you think your bladder issues started due to diaper use or another physical factor?

30 minutes ago, MarkSmith said:

Would you not technically have incontinence if you leak uncontrollably?  

Do you think your bladder issues started due to diaper use or another physical factor?

Yes, i am incontinent. I looked up the definition of incontinence, and it is any involuntary loss of urine. Any amount from a few drops to full dumps. Covers a lot of ground.

No, diaper usage had nothing to do with it (unfortunately). I don't know if it contributes or not, but my leakage amount has stayed relatively constant over the years. There are exceptions like today, where I'm a lot wetter than usual. I like it wet, feels normal. I notice being dry as it is rare.

I have Found over the 30 plus years of wearing diapers, the more you wet them the easier it becomes, yet you can go without a diaper if needed. Though you will find yourself needing to go more often and will have difficulty holding it. 

This is the same with bowel control, the more you mess your diaper the easier it becomes and harder to keep from going. 

So if you want to keep control of your bladder and bowels while wearing diapers, maintain that control at all times. 

On 7/3/2018 at 2:55 AM, Primrose said:

I am a new to this community, and I have a few questions if you guys don’t mind answering. :)

#1: How often would have to not wear to avoid becoming incontinent? I love diapers but I want to still be able to have some control for the times I’m not able to wear them. So I basically want to know the most I can wear them while avoiding that risk.

#2 If you were to become incontinent, is it something you can reverse? Can you re-potty train yourself? 

Thank you everyone!

I have no experience wearing diapers just for fun, because I had been urinary incontinent many years before I discovered AB play as a coping strategy. However, once I did discover the benefits of relaxing as an AB in the fall of 1990 I joined a pioneer ABDL group/club called DPF. I wrote for the DPF newsletter and corresponded with a lot of AB men and women. In 1995 I helped form a support group for parents called WKLD (When Kids Love Diapers).

What I have found from correspondence is that wearing diapers for fun as an adult hardly ever causes a medical loss of bladder control. Of course the more you wear diapers for fun the more you want to wet or poop. Nearly always when an adult decides to give up diapers for fun control returns on its own within a few days.

There is no evidence in the form of case studies published in any peer-reviewed medical journals supporting self re-potty training. My advice is to wear diapers as much as you want for fun and emotional support without fear doing so will cause you to be incontinent. Sure, some define urinary incontinence as any peeing without deliberately doing so. That is the accepted belief of The Simon Foundation for Continence, but is not currently accepted medical practice.

All this is far more complex when children find that they are attracted to diapers. At WKLD we suggested that parents give a child who wants diapers at least enough to last a month or two. Often the child's desire for diapers goes away due to the downsides of being an older diapered child. If after a child still asks for diapers over a period of several weeks, the chances are very good that the boy or girl is already an infantilist with a diaper affectation. The thing is the only way to reduce the attraction to diapers in an older child (or in an adult) is to substitute some other pseudo-addictive behavior. Diaper affectation is the least risky such behavior. It is not ethical to manage a patient by substituting one behavior with another that is more risky.

The best and most ethical management is to teach a person with diaper affectation to act-out safely, being circumspect and responsible. Doing so requires a lot of trust between the person of any age with diaper affectation and the parent/therapist/caregiver. One of the most important principles is to provide the diapers without judgment, to keep lines of communication open. It is vital to provide the diapers ethically to avoid any form of diaper theft or lying. Diaper affectation is hardly the end of the world, but conviction of theft or exhibition can be a total pile of poop. Trust me the cost of a few cases of diapers is a fraction of the price of mental therapy or defense attorneys.

Your mileage may vary. Beware of advice from people not qualified as therapists or licensed attorneys!

5 hours ago, Angela Bauer said:

I have no experience wearing diapers just for fun, because I had been urinary incontinent many years before I discovered AB play as a coping strategy. However, once I did discover the benefits of relaxing as an AB in the fall of 1990 I joined a pioneer ABDL group/club called DPF.

DPF!!! Diaper Pail Friends and Tommy! That site was a long time ago! A BLAST from the past! I was on Wetset for a short time. It was a long time before signing up here. Babykins claims to have the DPF thick plastic pants. I have a pair. Honestly, I like others better.

2 hours ago, ppdude said:

DPF!!! Diaper Pail Friends and Tommy! That site was a long time ago! A BLAST from the past! I was on Wetset for a short time. It was a long time before signing up here. Babykins claims to have the DPF thick plastic pants. I have a pair. Honestly, I like others better.

Hi, ppdude,

The way it happened for me was that in January 1990 my younger sister by 5 years, Missy, gave birth to a beautiful baby daughter, Karen. Like all my sisters Missy has no bladder control. I turned 26 in July of 1990 and had already graduated from law school and been licensed as an attorney in several states as well as the Federal Courts. I was an associate attorney with a major firm, and the logistics of my diapers was depressing me. It was not that diapers embarrassed me, but I had no car and didn't even know how to drive. My tiny apartment was in a building owned by a senior partner of my law firm and was filled with young attorneys. I had to order my Attends by phone since I could not deal with cases of them on a bus.

One night I was bitching with Missy about my depression. She gently slapped my face saying, "Get real, Girl, you've got the world by the tail! You know, there are thousands of people who want to wet and wear diapers so badly they pay for hypno tapes to undo potty training." Then Missy showed me an article about AB in general, another about DPF and still another about Infantae Press; all of those in FETISH TIMES. As I began reading Missy popped a pacifier in my mouth. I had no memory of a pacifier as a child and I was not sure our mom gave Missy and our other younger siblings pacifiers. Right then I knew I wanted to follow her suggestion to give AB a try as a coping strategy. Missy gave me a new set of MAM orthodontic 6+ month pacifiers plus a couple of EvenFlo baby bottles with clear silicone nipples. As she drove me home, Karen was working a pacifier while in her car seat and I was working mine in the front passenger seat.

Back then Missy was an IATSE union costumer for TV and movies. A few days later she phoned to say she was invited to several Hollywood industry Halloween parties. Those were where costume designers and costumers (the folk who sew costumes and help performers put them on) got to show off. Missy, who is 6' tall and stunning, admitted she had already made herself an outlandish Onesies. She offered to make me a matching Onesies if I would attend a costume party with her in West Hollywood. The joke would be that we were actually using our diapers.

It turned out at least two of the other party guests were pals with Tommy of DPF. They urged us to join. Missy did not have the nerve. I thought it would be fun, so I gave Tommy's friend Kent Perry my home phone number and address. A couple of days later Tommy phoned to say he wanted me to join DPF badly enough he would comp my membership. Such a deal! The week after Halloween I had to fly to San Francisco for my law firm. I called Tommy to say I would be staying at the St. Francis Hotel. He offered to take me to dinner. I said sure, but we had to be flexible about the schedule. Bottom line was we got along well. Tommy's lover Marky came separately from his office.

I wrote a short article for the next newsletter. Tommy asked me to write a longer article for the first 1991Newsletter, which I did, From then until the summer of 2001 I wrote a page or more for every newsletter,

After I fell in love with Don Davis in May 1991 we started living together, so I had use of his Maytag Neptune laundry. I started wearing DPF gauze prefold diapers and vinyl panties to bed. I know that about that time Tommy was selling Babykins adult pull-on diapers and probably other Babykins diapers. Besides ProHealth pants Tommy sold Rubber Duckies. I liked those brands a lot. I know Babykins makes their own plastic pants. These days I wear their thin vinyl pants. I don't know who made the DPF thicker plastic panties.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Angela Bauer said:

Hi, ppdude,

....Tommy was selling Babykins adult pull-on diapers and probably other Babykins diapers. Besides ProHealth pants Tommy sold Rubber Duckies. I liked those brands a lot. I know Babykins makes their own plastic pants. These days I wear their thin vinyl pants. I don't know who made the DPF thicker plastic panties.

That is really wild! I never thought I'd meet someone who was actually connected with that stuff!!! I'm surprised he was hawking Babykins.  Back then, I had no idea where the ABDL vendors were getting their wares. I did use Babykins at that time for cloth velcro diapers (with and without prints). They were one of the few with that type of diaper and exchange rates made them pretty inexpensive. Panties came from LL Medico and one or two others as Babykins didn't have the kind of plastics I wanted.

From your writing, I could tell you had a good education and accomplished. It's a small world after all.

8 hours ago, Angela Bauer said:

Besides ProHealth pants Tommy sold Rubber Duckies.

Now I loved those pants.  I think I only ever had a couple of pairs but they were really lightweight, long-lasting & comfortable.  They're the only pants I've ever seen made out of proofed nylon, i.e. the same material that lightweight tent flysheets are made of.  Great bright colours too.  And yes, I remember you Angela from the DPF newsletters.  It made such a difference to me, knowing there were plenty of other people like me around, & DPF was there first - for me, anyway.

• Like 1

Stroller, at first I loved Rubber Duckies! For reasons long forgotten after Tommy gave me my first pair of Rubber Duckies I started buying them directly from the factory, which in the summer of 1991 located in downtown Santa Barbara, CA, which is on the coast about 100 miles north of Pasadena.

In the heat of summer the Duckies were cooler than even thin vinyl. When we had some cool late fall nights the Duckies maintained the same comfort in my gauze diapers, Even when it was very cold in January 1992 I was still thrilled with Duckies. By then I owned 16 pair.

Unfortunately that was when the spectacular failures began. I had talked to Tommy and executives at R Duck Inc about the washing and drying of coated Nylon Duckies compared to Gerber vinyl. All the R Duck execs recommended following our family's routine for washing and drying Gerber vinyl: use water that is comfortable to the bare hand, add just enough mild liquid dishwashing detergent. Gently hand agitate, turn the pant inside out and gently agitate again. Air dry at moderate room temperature away from sunlight. The R Duck execs wrote to me saying Duckies could be dried in the sun if desired without problems.

Well, I was not about to rig a closeline in our backyard, since my family had such luck with simple indoor folding garment/towel drying racks. I always used the same detergent and drying method.

In April 1992, days after DPF printed a column of mine calling Duckies the ultimate diaper cover I woke up to seeing 5 of my Duckies on the drying rack with patches of the coating loose. There had been no change in indoor temperature. I phoned R. Duck when the first answered their phone. By then R Duck had a fairly large factory in Goleta, CA north of SB and a couple of miles of the SB Airport. My husband Don said he would fly our Beech King Air up to Goleta. The R Duck folks met Don at the general aviation executive meeting room. They seemed shocked by the de-laminated Duckies. They had lunch with Don, who had flown on a short flight around south SB County. None of them had ever flown in a pressurized turbo-prop and said they enjoyed that experience. They traded me 12 pair of new duckies for the five de-laminated pair ones. Over the next month all of my Duckies were useless. R. Duck stopped returning my calls or letters.

Subsequently R Duck splint into 2 separate companies, one only making adult sizes, the other only child sizes. I bought two of the child sizes at retail from a children's clothing store in Pasadena. after the sixth washing both de-laminated. I snail mailed photos and a letter to one of the execs who was given the flight. I never received a reply.

Soon after DPF dropped Duckies, because Tommy was getting so many complaints.

Babykins is currently promoting coated Nylon pants. I am not ordering any. Their soft thin 10300V pants last well and are comfy for me.  Be warned!

Yes, my Rubber Duckies delaminated eventually, but then I suppose I was expecting it.  I always kept mine out of daylight as much as I could, as my understanding was (& still is) that UV is the prime cause of this delamination.  I could be wrong there though.  All my lightweight tents are kept in the dark when not in use - one's still waterproof after over 20 years, & the fly is much the same material as RDs, although the groundsheet has started to delaminate now.

I can give some insight on #1.

I have an iron bladder, to the point that I can't even accidentally wet my pants. If I do want to wet my pants, I have to try really hard. That said, when I wear diapers, I automatically start wetting myself whenever I need to go. Not unconsciously like someone who is incontinent, I could still stop it if I wanted to, but my body just knows it's okay to wet a diaper. It's a bit like automatically going when your sitting on a toilet or standing in front of a urinal. Your body understands the context of what is going on.

So basically, your body is more than smart enough to understand the difference between wearing a diaper and not wearing one, unless of course you train it not to.

Agreed with all regarding maintaining bladder control. Just pee like you do now but without the toilet involved and nothing will change except your diapers:rolleyes:

I'm not formally trained with plastics, but after long discussions with those who are I can say with confidence that heat and UV rays (sunlight) are the two main degraders of plastics with atmospheric ozone following along. The factor of cleaning agents is harder to quantify as each differs, but you should avoid those with oil or grease cutting properties such as dish soap or hair shampoo. This is because plastics are petroleum-based and those will affect plastic more rapidly. Best is to work up a lather with mild hand soap in a sink or bucket and use that for cleaning. Gentle laundry detergent works good here too. This also applies to rubber, but that needs powdering after being dried in a way that keeps the rubber from touching itself and sticking. I don't know about latex as I never researched that, but as a non-petroleum product I imagine it's care differs.

TBH, I never wash my plastic panties- all they need is extensive rinsing in the shower, working the elastics some to ensure that they rinse well. Enough water will remove urine residue or dilute it so much that there will be no residual odor or degradation of the plastic. This might not be enough for PUL panties- again I have no real knowledge regards them. And TBH again, I'm convinced that wearing plastic panties is the predominant cause of failure if they are not abused in cleaning. The flexing and stretching happens in the same places repeatedly, and that's where the fabric always fails. Seams and edges seem to fail equally as much, maybe more. 

Same as everything else, if you find a product you really like, then stock up on it because it could go out of production someday. Not a 'forever' fix but it keeps you going longer.

Bettypooh