LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bedwetting sheet

DLonly

On 11/3/2019 at 11:27 AM, Floater said:

I keep a zip incasement around the mattress (the kind you get for bed mites and the like that is not too noisy)  I don't think it would be totally effective is the only barrier for bedwetting.  I have one of those flannel on top rubber on bottom rubbersheets directly under my top sheet.  My mother never took the rubber sheet off of my bed and frankly I am just used to sleeping with one on the bed.

I’ve never understood the rational for flannel covering on a rubber sheet.  Rather than wiping down in place, when such a sheet is put to use it has to be stripped from the bed and laundered to remove urine from the flannel.  That’s a negative.  Is there an upside for the flannel covering?

The upside is the wetness doesn't spread too far when your nappy leaks. I have a washable bed pad under my flannelette bottom sheet which keeps me warm when I leak and the wetness doesn't wake me. 

38 minutes ago, stevewet said:

The upside is the wetness doesn't spread too far when your nappy leaks. I have a washable bed pad under my flannelette bottom sheet which keeps me warm when I leak and the wetness doesn't wake me. 

That makes sense.  Growing up mom placed a cotton mattress pad atop the rubber sheet which pretty well absorbed the wetness when not diapered.  Although, when my bed-wetting resumed during my late teens (beer), even with the pad and flannel rubber sheet the stain extended from side to side and not that far from the ends of my bed.

3 hours ago, WBxx said:

I’ve never understood the rational for flannel covering on a rubber sheet.  Rather than wiping down in place, when such a sheet is put to use it has to be stripped from the bed and laundered to remove urine from the flannel.  That’s a negative.  Is there an upside for the flannel covering?

I don't launder mine every time it gets used.  it is only picking up diaper leaks and does not get too saturated.  For what ever reason it does not retain odor to a great extent.  I will probably toss it in the machine once every month or so.  If I was sleeping without diapers and plastic pants where it would take the brunt of the wetting I would use a plain rubber sheet with no flannel.  Much easier to wipe down and be done.

On 11/13/2019 at 9:55 AM, Floater said:

I don't launder mine every time it gets used.  it is only picking up diaper leaks and does not get too saturated.  For what ever reason it does not retain odor to a great extent.  I will probably toss it in the machine once every month or so.  If I was sleeping without diapers and plastic pants where it would take the brunt of the wetting I would use a plain rubber sheet with no flannel.  Much easier to wipe down and be done.

Totally agree with that. I use a plain old light grey rubber sheet- Just wipe it down with a little soupy water solution.

On 11/13/2019 at 9:05 AM, WBxx said:

My mom used a absorbing pad on top of the rubber sheet as well. These days I use a plastic mattress cover but always have a cotton absorbing pad on top of that. Its easy to put in the wash with the rest of the bedding and I just have to wipe off the plastic mattress cover.

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2019 at 3:20 AM, stevewet said:

Maybe it’s an English thing but I love my flannelette sheet on top of my plastic mattress cover. I still like to feel the plastic sheet as when I was a little boy. Now I have one from Henley’s Medical, they are quite thick plastic which feels great. https://www.henleysmed.com/products/mattress-covers-protectors

• Like 1
On 1/7/2020 at 11:52 PM, Greybird said:

Maybe it’s an English thing but I love my flannelette sheet on top of my plastic mattress cover. I still like to feel the plastic sheet as when I was a little boy. Now I have one from Henley’s Medical, they are quite thick plastic which feels great. https://www.henleysmed.com/products/mattress-covers-protectors

Although I grew up sleeping on a rubber sheet, I now have a vinyl mattress cover directly under the bottom sheet.  Crawling into bed I love the slipperiness and crackling below.  Just like the rubber sheet, the plastic shouts bed-wetter.

30 minutes ago, WBxx said:

Although I grew up sleeping on a rubber sheet, I now have a vinyl mattress cover directly under the bottom sheet.  Crawling into bed I love the slipperiness and crackling below.  Just like the rubber sheet, the plastic shouts bed-wetter.

I am in no hurry to want to shout "bedwetter". I accept the curse, but still would be humiliated advertising it to the world.

• 1 year later...

With lock-down ending, I have been invited to my Godson's second wedding (to his boy-fiend).

I have found a local B&B, and in an email last night I asked if I would be an acceptable guest because I am a bedwetter and explained that I would bring bed protection.

I received the reply "So am I, there will be a rubber sheet on your bed. Don't worry"

• Like 2