LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bedwetting sheet

DLonly

One of the problems with laminated sheets as that, if wet, the whole must be taken off and washed as if it were cotton, which can take a good long time, then replace it, which means you would need several; the bane of any AIO item from panties to stereos (how many of you remember getting the "stereo console" or 1-piece stereo radio, tape, record player sets of the mid to late 1970's, had the tape deck or record player need fixing and you  never got around to it so you were out that function), or buy several and change them, when it would be more efficatious to just take off and replace the cotton sheet rather than the whole assembly, wash and dry it and spot clean the rubber one. Also, we live in the age where full coverage plastic mattress covers are so common that simple prudence would warrant their use in general; IF they are not cheap junk: Best bedbug defence going

The suggestion made can be part of a larger method. After that is done, a waterproof "draw sheet", usually about 66 x 33 is laid across the bed the long way and well tucked in at the hip area, from about the lower chest to the lower thigh or knee. Over this is put an absorbent sheet of slightly larger width to cover all the waterproof material. That way, you usually need only swap out the small absorbent sheet, spot clean the draw sheet and not have to undo the whole bed, unless you either did not wear some protective undies or they totally blew out

8 hours ago, Little Christine said:

The suggestion made can be part of a larger method. After that is done, a waterproof "draw sheet", usually about 66 x 33 is laid across the bed the long way and well tucked in at the hip area, from about the lower chest to the lower thigh or knee. Over this is put an absorbent sheet of slightly larger width to cover all the waterproof material. That way, you usually need only swap out the small absorbent sheet, spot clean the draw sheet and not have to undo the whole bed, unless you either did not wear some protective undies or they totally blew out 

Good plan but can get mighty warm, if not hot, which can also be a problem. That's been an issue for me, so again, you have the weigh the pluses and minuses. I'm in the "protect it" camp. Had to give up the heavy covers in the winter time and a fan running 24/7 to cool things down. Wife had same problem being too warm.

I am personally a plastic loving person, even if its hot out, add a little sweat to your pee. But in my online shopping I have found that the bedwetting store.com has the 6 gage full zip up mattress protector, I would get a few years out of them and it would have been longer if you wanted to put a sheet on top. But I have slept on the plastic for many many years, I just put a bath towel under me and when it gets too smelly I will wash it. But I now have a hospital mattress its sealed and made very well. We have split king adjustable bed. So in my picture on my about me page, the mattress was in my spare bedroom on a bunkbed. I do Love the invocare hospital mattress, I was able to get it for about $220, free shipping and the nice zip up covers are $25 each so it was a good investment for me.

So last night I leaked for the first time since getting the sheet. My fault i went to bed with a already wet diaper. Anyways success. One thing that sucked was i had to put a fan on the one side of the bed and sleep on the other untill it dried up. I haven’t checked if it leaked through. But when i got up in the middle of the night i checked and it hadnt at the point. Once I get out of bed Ill check the soaker pad. But day off and its raining really bad so as Im awake I totally dont want to get out of bed and change my diaper yet lol

On 7/1/2018 at 12:04 PM, ppdude said:

Good plan but can get mighty warm, if not hot, which can also be a problem. That's been an issue for me, so again, you have the weigh the pluses and minuses. I'm in the "protect it" camp. Had to give up the heavy covers in the winter time and a fan running 24/7 to cool things down. Wife had same problem being too warm.

If it is going to be that warm, you should have taken the covers off the bed anyway. If you have done that and it is still too warm. then it is just plalin too warm

Maybe it is time for a babydoll

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2018 at 11:27 PM, Little Christine said:

This is what I usually sleep on

rubbersheet.jpg

Got some news from Babykins

"We do not have rubber sheets, we do have rubber waterproof pants available. We do have vinyl mattress protectors"

Now THAT smells like burning wrestler's trunks. Just where can we get classic ivory rubber sheets? What says' is put in diapers and rubber panties" likd a full-coverage thick ivory-colored rubber sheet and the smell it gives off? IRL; how many 5 year olds were in tears as that was being put on the bed? Especially if you were told that you were going to be laid right on it with no bottom sheet because I do not want to have to take off and wash every day, "just like a baby girl [which made even little girls shudder]"

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Little Christine said:

"We do not have rubber sheets, we do have rubber waterproof pants available. We do have vinyl mattress protectors"

Now THAT smells like burning wrestler's trunks. Just where can we get classic ivory rubber sheets? What says' is put in diapers and rubber panties" likd a full-coverage thick ivory-colored rubber sheet and the smell it gives off? IRL; how many 5 year olds were in tears as that was being put on the bed?

Don’t remember putting on, but I was not a happy camper when mom removed the rubber sheet from my bed!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, WBxx said:

Don’t remember putting on, but I was not a happy camper when mom removed the rubber sheet from my bed!

What was the big deal with it unless you were sleeping right on it?

20 hours ago, Little Christine said:

Now THAT smells like burning wrestler's trunks. Just where can we get classic ivory rubber sheets in full width? What says' is put in diapers and rubber panties" likd a full-coverage thick ivory-colored rubber sheet and the smell it gives off? IRL; how many 5 year olds were in tears as that was being put on the bed? Especially if you were told that you were going to be laid right on it with no bottom sheet because I do not want to have to take off and wash every day, "just like a baby girl [which made even little girls shudder]"

Message to LL Medico... and 14 guage rubber panties in the Gary design would be nice, too

Also, how can a company be "Baby..." anything witout that classic piece of kit  which earned Babykins high praise? How many of us were little with that thick, light ivory rubber and the smell it gave off? The last time I saw it being used (other than by ABDL's) was Christmans Eve 1967. Mattress covers are Jenny come lately and mostly what I see now are the 35" wide things in some color other than ivory, that is also of late and were meant to be "draw sheets" rather than full coverage

Looks like I may have another replacement job to do, but I do not have a clue where to begin. Like I said, "Message to LL MEDICO". THIS WAS GOOD TO ME 4-1/2 years ago. They are connected to the bigtime producer Gary so let us see what can be done. The big question would be, the market for Gary panties in 14 gauge classic rubber like the "littles'" and some baby panties of the 1950's and the classic full-size rubber sheet of the 1940's, 50's and at least mid '60's? Back in the 40's and early 50's this material was sold to consumers from rolls

• 3 weeks later...

I sent this note to Probex:

These may open new opportunities for protex

1 Babykins has stopped selling their popular 14 gauge heavy rubber sheeting that was 60" wide by 2 or 3 yds. 2metres would have been better. This was much the same as sold by JK Perfect Personal Products and whas the classic light ivory rubber sheeting in every way, right down to the smell. It must still be availablesince they still make their rubber panties from it. The 35 or 6 inch were not meant to be full matteress coverage but as draw sheets of about 35" by maybe 66" in laid across the middle area of the bed to provide "spot" protection, and would not fully protect a mattress, especially a full bed mattress. This leaves open the market for durable full-mattress rubber coverage as well as a classic AB item from 60-70 years ago familiar to most babyboomers (the last I saw of one is 19667)

2. Rearz does not appear to be selling the vinyl skirts which A C Medical developed over the course of 15 years at my prodding. These includeed A-line in lengths from about 16" to 37" and full-circle skirts of the same range

Thse two items are very desirable in the AB/DL/LG market,which, Ithink Protex could use to improve its position and market share.. JK sold the rubber sheets not only in light ivory but in pastel colors as well. So these must be out there
  • 5 weeks later...

My story is somewhat sad soon after started wetting the bed and after my wife had me return to diapers we were buying a new mattress and the clerk ask Do you need a mattress protector and my wife without batting a eye Yes me standing there in a diaper could,t say a word.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, sport said:

My story is somewhat sad soon after started wetting the bed and after my wife had me return to diapers we were buying a new mattress and the clerk ask Do you need a mattress protector and my wife without batting a eye Yes me standing there in a diaper could,t say a word.

I know just how you felt.

On 6/26/2018 at 9:01 PM, kimchikid said:

my wife just buys the cheap vinyl mattress covers from Walmart for my bed they do what they are designed to do.

Thats what I use too. But they do get brittle and crack. How often do you replace it? I do about every 9 or 10 months. 

1 hour ago, rubbersheetmike said:

Thats what I use too. But they do get brittle and crack. How often do you replace it? I do about every 9 or 10 months. 

Do you rotate your mattress covers?  I do and have found it almost doubles their life.

I use a PUR encasement like it's used sometimes in hotels. That's breathable, wipe sanitizable, doesn't smell, and does not crinkle that much. Normally it's just fine if you wipe it of with some disinfection before drawing new bed sheets. I wash mine maybe twice a year - so it's really easy to care.    

I bought mine here (because our bed is not standard sized): https://www.biona-shop.de/epages/61626520.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectPath=%2FShops%2F61626520%2FProducts%2FMV220 It might be a good idea to buy a "professional" quality. I have mine now since 4 years and it's still like new. 

About the rotating: I rotate the mattress - not the enclosure. That better for both... 

On 10/4/2018 at 4:06 PM, WBxx said:

Do you rotate your mattress covers?  I do and have found it almost doubles their life.

I havent done this so maybe I should try. Maybe because Im heavier now than when I was younger it makes a difference too. I gained about 40 lbs over the past decade from meds and especially higher dose antipsychotics so thats probably not in my favor.

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

Lets say you have only one mattress comer and use it every night.  Lets say you have 2 mattress covers and rotate them equally.  Wouldn't it be natural that it would double the life of each of them?

Just one fitted mattress cover.   Like a rug, I extend the life of a cover by rotating it 180 degrees (end for end) every couple months.  After several end for ends I turn it inside out for a different wear pattern.

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

Lets say you have only one mattress comer and use it every night.  Lets say you have 2 mattress covers and rotate them equally.  Wouldn't it be natural that it would double the life of each of them?

My experience going back at least to the 1970's is that waterproof pants and sheets last far longer if they are only used briefly before being cleaned and allowed to rest.

For example, I wear washable gauze diapers to bed and longer when at home and need not worry about visitors. When I am active I use fewer soakers in my gauze diaper, so I change those every 2-3 hours. Each time I change gauze diaper I put on a different pair of waterproof panties. When I have accumulated 4 pair I have worn and not washed, I wash all 4 at once, usually the next morning. At any given time I have 20 identical waterproof panties in rotation, so all get at least 3 days rest between wearings. A wearing can last from 2 to 7 hours and is distributed randomly. All my waterproof panties have a serial number I put on them as I first put them to use. I keep a log of all panties entering service. Thus I know I extend the life by a factor larger than Rusty's formula would suggest.

When I was a kid Mom issued each of us who wore diapers 4 identical waterproof sheets. She only bought Dundee brand from long before I was born until those went out of production when Gerber purchased Dundee Mills. I've tried many kinds since then and currently use pieces of PUR. Each time my fitted bottom sheet is changed so is the PUR sheet. Those are washed and air dried indoors at room temperature. I keep 5 PUR sheets in rotation, so each has nearly a week off before being used for 2 or 3 nights. They last several years and always smell fresh, as do my waterproof panties.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2018 at 1:58 PM, mick_dl said:

I use a PUR encasement like it's used sometimes in hotels. That's breathable, wipe sanitizable, doesn't smell, and does not crinkle that much. Normally it's just fine if you wipe it of with some disinfection before drawing new bed sheets. I wash mine maybe twice a year - so it's really easy to care.    

I bought mine here (because our bed is not standard sized): https://www.biona-shop.de/epages/61626520.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectPath=%2FShops%2F61626520%2FProducts%2FMV220 It might be a good idea to buy a "professional" quality. I have mine now since 4 years and it's still like new. 

About the rotating: I rotate the mattress - not the enclosure. That better for both... 

I'll still lobby for the Sleep Number protector. It is two sheets with an inner plastic sheet. this thing works so good it's unreal. After 3 years of continuous use, it still in the same condition as the day it was purchased. I have wet the bed and leaked a lot numerous times. After going swimming in pee, I first cleaned myself, the went after the sheets expecting the protector top sheet to be soaked. The bed sheet was dripping wet with a large pool of pee. The protector top sheet was dry as the desert! WOW! I just had to wash the fitted and top sheet! I felt all over the protector's top and bottom sheet (the whole thing is fitted). I am totally impressed with this mattress protector. It's not cheap, but is well worth the price. I will buy this from Sleep Number again should I ever need it.

• 7 months later...

I have a rubbersheet on my bed.  It cotton on the top and rubber on bottom.  I remember when growing up my bed had a real light grey rubber sheet filled with air bubbles.  On a heavy wetting night the pee would kind of puddle in the ridges of the air filled bubbles.  Very effective and easy to just wipe down the next morning.  I have been looking for full sized version of this sheet for years, but I can only seem to find  (called air filled cot sheet) in sizes that fit baby cribs.  Does anyone remember these kind of rubber sheets and know where a larger variety can still be found?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I keep a zip incasement around the mattress (the kind you get for bed mites and the like that is not too noisy)  I don't think it would be totally effective is the only barrier for bedwetting.  I have one of those flannel on top rubber on bottom rubbersheets directly under my top sheet.  My mother never took the rubber sheet off of my bed and frankly I am just used to sleeping with one on the bed.