LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bedwetting sheet

DLonly

Hi everyone,

So Im regularly am a bedwetter and do wear as thick as diapers as they come but I still leak once in awhile do to how much I drank the day before. Anyways long story short, Im going to invest in a bedwetting sheet before any more damage happens to my mattress. But What Exactly am I looking for. I saw that Wal-mart of Vinyl Covers. Is this what I'm looking for? Any advice would be welcomed Thanks in Advance 

• Like 1

I don't have a Ikea near me unfortunley lol. But Its seems thats what they are hey. Just waterproof fitted sheets. lots of them say they are meant for like alergys and budbugs thats why I was questions. I guess they don't come with a big sticker saying its for bedwetters lol.

DLonly,

When I was growing up Dundee Mills was an independent company and second behind the Curity Division of Kendal Mills as a USA manufacturer of cloth diapers. Curity started before the Civil War as a maker of gauze bandages. In the 1890s Curity started factory-making gauze diapers. After the Civil War ended Dundee began to make bandages from what they called "Birdseye weave" which is like gauze woven from thicker cotton thread. The advantage was that Birdseye can be made from less expensive cotton and can be made on conventional looms.

Within the past years Gerber purchased first Dundee and later Curity.

One of Dundee's other products was a line of waterproof sheets. Those had a central rubber sheet laminated to outer layers of absorbent cotton fabric. A classic problem with plain rubber of plastic sheets is that urine puddles on those. Eventually the puddles leak onto the mattress or onto the floor. Dundee sheets soak up the puddles. The other side keeps the Dundee sheet from drifting around on the bed. Bummer that Gerber discontinued making those Dundee sheets.

Still, if you shop around you can still find waterproof sheets similar to those previously made by Dundee.

Back in the day both Curity and Dundee products were sold worldwide. Curity had factories and mills in several countries besides the USA and probably in Canada. I'm not sure how many factories DunDee used.

Babykins is located in BC, Canada. Their adult department, Kins, sell various sizes of rubber abs plastic sheets.

5 hours ago, DLonly said:

Hi everyone,

So Im regularly am a bedwetter and do wear as thick as diapers as they come but I still leak once in awhile do to how much I drank the day before. Anyways long story short, Im going to invest in a bedwetting sheet before any more damage happens to my mattress. But What Exactly am I looking for. I saw that Wal-mart of Vinyl Covers. Is this what I'm looking for? Any advice would be welcomed Thanks in Advance 

If you don't mind it being black, the very best long lasting waterproof product is"Butyl Pond liner".

No embarrassment about buying it.

When we bought our sleep number bed, a fitted sheet with a plastic lining was offered to us by the salesperson. He gave us a demonstration of a "normal" mattress pad and how it acted like a "disposable diaper". Little did he know that I was standing there diapered in a disposable. As far as I was concerned he didn't make a good case by showing how it soaked up everything. Then he showed us the Sleep Number Waterproof Mattress Pad. No demo, but thought $100 was a bit much for a plastic sheet, but bought it anyway. Makes the bed a little warm (as all rubber sheets would do) but bought it anyway. It's served its purpose very well over the past two years and can't complain. I would buy another from them. Had to find a mall in a big city to find the store. I don't know if you can buy it online.

This is what I usually sleep on

rubbersheet.jpg

• Like 1
14 hours ago, ppdude said:

When we bought our sleep number bed, a fitted sheet with a plastic lining was offered to us by the salesperson. He gave us a demonstration of a "normal" mattress pad and how it acted like a "disposable diaper". Little did he know that I was standing there diapered in a disposable. 

So you think!  He probably noticed the crinkle and puffy pants and thought, "This would be a perfect guy to sell a fitted sheet with a plastic lining since he obviously wears diapers!"

• Like 2

So I got a vinyl sheet from Wal-Mart yesterday as well as a soaker pad. It was right beside it so I picked it up to. I put the soaker pad under the vinyl sheet. I don't know if that was the right way to go about it but otherwise i think it would of moved all over the place. I didn't leak last night, yay! So not too sure if I made the right call. Time will tell i suppose. The sheet did say WATERPROOF SHEET. So Ill take a wild guess and say I got the right one. Anyone else use a soaker pad?

DLonly.

Normally it is best to put a soaker pad on the mattress.

Then cover the soaker with a vinyl sheet.

Finally put a second soaker on top of the vinyl sheet.

The bottom soaker should not get wet, That reduces sliding of the vinyl sheet.

It is the top soaker which will absorb any leaks, preventing urine puddles.

3 hours ago, rusty pins said:

So you think!  He probably noticed the crinkle and puffy pants and thought, "This would be a perfect guy to sell a fitted sheet with a plastic lining since he obviously wears diapers!"

Chuckle :lol:. Maybe he saw the dreamy look on my face! :P

So just a FYI. I have Matress,Soaker pad,Waterproof sheet then regular sheet. I shouldn't need more than that really? Like I do leak like once in awhile (not alot) So that should be good. 

10 minutes ago, DLonly said:

So just a FYI. I have Matress,Soaker pad,Waterproof sheet then regular sheet. I shouldn't need more than that really? Like I do leak like once in awhile (not alot) So that should be good. 

Sounds like you're good to go :wub:

DLonly,

The reason I suggest using a soaker pad on top of the vinyl sheet is that a top cotton sheet will not absorb a large leak alone. A top sheet over a soaker pad makes the bed more comfortable for many folks. Sure, a top sheet sometimes can absorb tiny leaks.

I do not know since I do not lay down in them. But they are scrumptious to cuddle

The annoying thing about them is that they are usually trying to get under my skirts or lift them up. I hate persons trying to feel my panties

On 6/25/2018 at 2:02 PM, Angela Bauer said:

DLonly,

When I was growing up Dundee Mills was an independent company and second behind the Curity Division of Kendal Mills as a USA manufacturer of cloth diapers. Curity started before the Civil War as a maker of gauze bandages. In the 1890s Curity started factory-making gauze diapers. After the Civil War ended Dundee began to make bandages from what they called "Birdseye weave" which is like gauze woven from thicker cotton thread. The advantage was that Birdseye can be made from less expensive cotton and can be made on conventional looms.

Within the past years Gerber purchased first Dundee and later Curity.

One of Dundee's other products was a line of waterproof sheets. Those had a central rubber sheet laminated to outer layers of absorbent cotton fabric. A classic problem with plain rubber of plastic sheets is that urine puddles on those. Eventually the puddles leak onto the mattress or onto the floor. Dundee sheets soak up the puddles. The other side keeps the Dundee sheet from drifting around on the bed. Bummer that Gerber discontinued making those Dundee sheets.

Still, if you shop around you can still find waterproof sheets similar to those previously made by Dundee.

I spent a good portion of my youth nights sleeping in a bed made up with a “Dundee” rubber sheet.  What bugged me, every time the sheet was put to use it had to be taken off the bed and laundered to remove the urine from the cloth covering.  Furthermore, after washing, the sheet was air dried often in plain view on the outside lines.   Given a choice I would have opted for an uncoated rubber or plastic sheet that could have been wiped down in place after an accident.