LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Alternatives to Velcro for Cloth Diapers?

I also got my snappies on Amazon.  As stroller said get the toddler size not the baby size.  They are so easy to use and always keep your diaper tight so it isn't falling down off your waist like with safety pins.  I am happy I found them as they  eliminated my diaper falling off when wet.

I like the snappies too! They do a great job of keeping, even a soaked diaper nice an snug. If you take care using them, they can work great. I like my pins, but snappies are a good diapering tool. 

Oh, and I have tried, to get them to produce an actual adult size snappy. I did write the manufacture, and politely stated a need for larger (adult) snappies to them. They replied back, and said they would consider doing so. I’m not sure, how convinced they are, that a larger size would be a feasible product? So far, they only make the baby size-1, and toddler size-2. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:25 AM, PP Rebel said:

I've just bought my very 1st adult diaper/ nappy.

I opted for a modern cloth contoured design with leg gussets & some elastic at the back of the waistband.

Love wearing it!!... but a major concern is the loud noises velcro fasteners make when I pull them apart or do an adjustment for comfort. Sound travels where I live & the neighbours can be nosey & ask awkward questions.

I'm wondering about the different fastening arrangements which are available & the pro's & cons of each .. Please, could you help me?

Most of us old times will recommend pins. Velcro is problematic in the laundry and it doesn't hold together well. Typically, the diaper outlast the Velcro.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, redneck diaper boy said:

Velcro is problematic in the laundry and it doesn't hold together well. Typically, the diaper outlast the Velcro.

This is true, although I'm not sure what you mean by "doesn't hold together well".  I spend most of my time in nappies with velcro fasteners because the ones I use are such a good snug fit.  There's enough velcro on them to hold a bus.  I've worked out that the way to wash them is to fasten them up as I would when wearing them.  That means the hooks don't get caught on other things much - this works with the nappies I use, but may not with others.  I've sourced replacement velcro, and Mummy is good at sewing.  She's only had to replace the velcro on one so far (I've been wearing these for a year now), but another's on it's way.

Mine are from Snuggleblanks/Blankencare  here in the UK.  If you order from them, be prepared to wait a while.  There's about a 3 month lead time at the moment.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I just tried Snappi’s for the first time and love them. A great solution for my diapers that are otherwise fine but with velcro that’s wearing off. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 5:20 PM, Stroller said:

This is true, although I'm not sure what you mean by "doesn't hold together well".  I spend most of my time in nappies with velcro fasteners because the ones I use are such a good snug fit.  There's enough velcro on them to hold a bus.  I've worked out that the way to wash them is to fasten them up as I would when wearing them.  That means the hooks don't get caught on other things much - this works with the nappies I use, but may not with others.  I've sourced replacement velcro, and Mummy is good at sewing.  She's only had to replace the velcro on one so far (I've been wearing these for a year now), but another's on it's way.

Mine are from Snuggleblanks/Blankencare  here in the UK.  If you order from them, be prepared to wait a while.  There's about a 3 month lead time at the moment.

I have a pair of Snuggleblanks/Blankencare & they are wonderfully well made feel great when I run my hands over the cream toweling material.
I'm finding the elastic around the leg cuffs & the waist fierce & a little uncomfortable ..it seems to be taking a long time to loosen up. If I buy another pair I think it will be the next size up..
I'm finding the best way to deal with the velcro in the wash is 1st to hand rinse/ lightly wash them & then fasten it again up before putting them in the washing machine..then unfasten again when you take them out the washing machine to dry.

• 4 months later...
On 6/24/2018 at 6:25 AM, PP Rebel said:

I've just bought my very 1st adult diaper/ nappy.

I opted for a modern cloth contoured design with leg gussets & some elastic at the back of the waistband.

Love wearing it!!... but a major concern is the loud noises velcro fasteners make when I pull them apart or do an adjustment for comfort. Sound travels where I live & the neighbours can be nosey & ask awkward questions.

I'm wondering about the different fastening arrangements which are available & the pro's & cons of each .. Please, could you help me?

I love my flannel back cloth diaper with Velcro! So soft and bulky.. my body sighs in relief when one goes on me. It has lambs on the outside! But I guess if noise is a problem, try regular adult size diaper pins. I have those too with my plain cloth diapers and not hard to use. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Three inch safety pins work well for me. I’ve found that the ones I been getting aren’t nearly as sharp as those my wife and I used on our kids’ diapers but with a little rocking orbital movement on the head of the pin helps the point find its way through the weave of the gauze diaper. Penny used to rub the shaft of the safety pins on a bar of soap to make the slide through the fabric easier with our cherubs’ diapers. I haven’t done that yet as I’m having too much trouble already with my cheap Chinese stainless steel safety pins corroding. The pins I’ve been getting lately aren’t as thick so they’re easier to slide through and they’re nickel plated stainless so they aren’t corroding quite so quickly. I’ve also took to cleaning them with a Scotchbrite pad right after I change which removes the majority of the black corrosion so they can be used much longer.