LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

hazards of wearing 24/7

While out with friends for the day las weekend (of course i had my favorite  ComFidr 24/7,s and a liner for added safty,)  we headed out on a drive  but after about an hour the need to pee arouse. Since I wear my toilet i called my friend  I.P. Freely and he said let just do it, lol! We arrived at our firtst stop and realized i had leaked out the side of my diaper and through my jeans. Now most of my  friends (as far as i know) do not know of my  diaper desire but at least one i believe has  some may suspect or even be sure but have said so to me and i am not hurting anyone so doesnt matter! I had to say i spilled my water bottle and then joked they dont make Depends like they used too, and after awhile i dried and all was forgotten! But too all you starting down this road be prepared to ecplain yourself at some time and be ready to have a thick skin and not freak out whae ,and it will, happen .how have others handled this situation?

4 minutes ago, lolwat said:

after 20 min it starts turning to ammonia thats when it begins to smell, so even though the jeans dried still good to get changed into new jeans before they can smell it

i drink allot of water so i rarely have to smell that . I wear Comfidry 24/7s but had a lower tape malfunction that allowed the leak. normally i never have an issue but all things are possible as we all know in our lifestyle

Leaks do happen when diapered permanently and I have experienced it several times at work.  What I do as soon as I start to feel my diaper leaking into my plastic panties I start heading to the restroom for either a change or a readjustment.  The worst are press out leaks.  There is no hiding the crescent moon shaped wetspots that are left on your pants.  In this situation I head to the bathroom and take toilet paper or paper towels and try to dry my pants as much as possible.  It is also always a good idea especially when wearing diapers full time to have a spare change of clothes in case of a major blowout.

Since I work industrial maintenance a wetspot is no big deal on my pants when I am working on a machine.  Between all the oil and grease one would just assume I sat in some.  At the office is where it becomes difficult although now that my Project Coordinator knows it will help.

Around my wife and kids I have leaked on a few occasions.  My wife provides leak protection by distracting our kids while I find a place to take care of the situation.

20180403_142240_480x640.jpg

It is also very important that you do not act nervous or awkward when the leak occurs as this could cause suspicion.  I always try as much as possible to make sure no one is behind me as I head to the restroom when I know my diaper is leaking.

I use to wear confiy dry 24/7’s but once I tried Betterdry (plain white version of Crinklz) I Switched and  found them to work better then the dry 24/7’s they are very absorbent but due sewel up more then the dry 24/7’s but manage my bladder issues 24/7  

Wet diapers can leak for any number of reasons, so if that's a problem then you need to be prepared to deal with it. My last one was the extended version and a mess. From a small zipper-caused rip which I covered with some plastic it went to a rip from crotch almost to waistband in front. I didn't know anything was wrong till I felt and saw a wet spot at my crotch. After attempting to deal with it I moved carefully, but wiithin an hour or so I was dropping clumps of wet padding down my pants legs. That's when I discovered how bad the situatoion had become. I adjusted the plastic patch as best I could, tucking it in around the diaper and tried to minimize peeing. 

The 'fun' part is that this was at work, and since I'd rode to work with someone else I had no diaper-change handy. And we had a few hours to go before the long ride home. For once, fate was almost kind to me- my slowed peeing let the wetness on my dirty blue jeans spread widely so instead of a clear line between wet and dry there was only more darkness at my crotch fading out toward the dry parts. Most amazing is that apparently nobody had noticed; nothing was said and I didn't see anyone looking towards my crotch.

I still completely trust my Molicares but I'm not going to ever let myself get too far from a change again. This weekend I'm going to scrounge up a gym bag or small backpack in case I wind up riding with someone else to work again. I've had tape pops, smaller rips, leakage from over-use, leaks from clothing which got tucked inside my diaper, pinholes, failed plastic and rubber panties, you name it. I think all that's left is a completely failed diaper but this round was very close to that. 

It goes with the turf. No matter what you do there's a chance of a leak. Nothing can stop that chance; all you can do is minimize the risk. So you need to be ready to deal with that wherever you are and whoever you're with because your day of unintentional exposure will come too. If that is something you can't handle then don't wear diapers. Had someone noticed me that day I was ready to deal with it. They all know about my back problems so the nerve damage (which has added to my inherent nerve issues) makes for a plausible explanation. And my self-deprecating and crazy sense of humor helps too- I had to smile when I realized that this could be explained as "Split Happens". What's wild here is that I've worked with the guy I rode with for many years off and on, and all of that time I've been diapered which I guess he's never noticed. He's not the kind to keep quiet about anything either. He'd have been floored to discover that as he thinks he's sharp and doesn't miss any details about anything ever.

Time helps with the experience of wearing diapers 24/7 and as it becomes normal for you, you become less anxious about it and better able to deal with the issues that go along with it. With the right approach, it rarely is anything extremely detrimental to you but it may become more widely known than you'd like. That's probably the worst anyone would get out of this and even then there's a bright side: If everyone knows then your worries of leakage or discovery are now gone forever!

Bettypooh

On 6/22/2018 at 10:19 AM, Rob110 said:

I use to wear confiy dry 24/7’s but once I tried Betterdry (plain white version of Crinklz) I Switched and  found them to work better then the dry 24/7’s they are very absorbent but due sewel up more then the dry 24/7’s but manage my bladder issues 24/7  

i will research them and give them a try. thank you

BETTYPOO you are exactly correct and what i was saying {or trying to say}  is that if your not willing to deal with a leak or worse then dont try it. And as we all have said you ned to have a thick skin and not get rattled when leaks do happen. thank you putting it better than i did.

On 6/22/2018 at 12:24 AM, MarkSmith said:

At the office is where it becomes difficult although now that my Project Coordinator knows it will help.

It is also very important that you do not act nervous or awkward when the leak occurs as this could cause suspicion.  I always try as much as possible to make sure no one is behind me as I head to the restroom when I know my diaper is leaking.

I also work in an office environment and had a leak last week near the end of the work day. I made the mistake of thinking that my diaper would hold out. I have the advantage of an office with door I normally have  closed, so I could change my diaper but their was no way this wetness wouldn't show.  My office is near the exit, so at the end of work, I slipped out and drove straight home.  I carried my briefcase so it partially blocked the view and I put a lot of faith in no one goes around looking for wet pants in an office setting. I took the photo to see how visible the leak was.

20180619_154047.jpg

I guess it depends just how confident you are. i have had wet jeans many times and just carry on as nothing happened. If you don't draw attention to your self no one wil notice

Having confidence is so important particularly if you wear diapers long term or permanently.  When in a public place like at work if you constantly act like your hand is being caught in the cookie jar then when diapered it is likely to draw attention to yourself. 

On 6/22/2018 at 2:53 PM, Shawnie said:

So your saying crinklz and betterdry are the same one just has the different backing what about the high leak guards on the crinklz compared to better dry

I find I leak way less offten with the better dry and the Crinklz since I am a sise sleeper the faster absorbant rate and the taller guards really work well in keeping me dry juring the night. 

I wear diapers/nappies mainly for pleasure at home, but have occasionally been brave enough to wear them outside (usually in quiet areas) to have 'accidents'. I admire people who are confident enough to wear them for lengthy periods, though I understand some need to because of their circumstances. The urge is, I guess, to be one day brave enough to go back outside and wear them.

17 hours ago, amu1989 said:

I wear diapers/nappies mainly for pleasure at home, but have occasionally been brave enough to wear them outside (usually in quiet areas) to have 'accidents'. I admire people who are confident enough to wear them for lengthy periods, though I understand some need to because of their circumstances. The urge is, I guess, to be one day brave enough to go back outside and wear them.

Honestly there is nothing to be afraid of.  The world now a days is much more concerned about what is on their cell phone than what you are wearing underneath your clothes.  People just simply do not pay attention.  Everyday I wear the thickest and bulkiest disposable diapers both around my family and to work and no one notices.  It is all about you and having the confidence to walk out your door padded.  Once you find the courage to do so you will find wearing a diaper in public is not as scary as the big bad world you are venturing into.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, MarkSmith said:

Honestly there is nothing to be afraid of.  The world now a days is much more concerned about what is on their cell phone than what you are wearing underneath your clothes.  People just simply do not pay attention.  Everyday I wear the thickest and bulkiest disposable diapers both around my family and to work and no one notices.  It is all about you and having the confidence to walk out your door padded.  Once you find the courage to do so you will find wearing a diaper in public is not as scary as the big bad world you are venturing into.

So true I can wear and do the thickest nappies and noisy plastic pants and no one cares.

Having to wear 24/7 you quickly learn a thick absorbant diaper is not noticable under the correct clothing, wet pants are way more noticeable then a thick premium diaper like Betterdry or crinklz.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MarkSmith said:

And the easiest way of confirming this for oneself is to go sit in an outdoor cafe and people watch for an hour. 

How many people do you see commenting on others butts and looking for leaks?

How many people are wearing diapers that you can spot?

How many people have their heads buried in their phones, or zoned out listening to music whilst ignoring everyone around them as they walk through their crowds?

Do some diaper fashion watching.  Is that guy wearing clothes good enough to hide a diaper?  Does that girl's skirt allow a diaper to be hidden?  Or are their clothes too risky to be wearing diapers (if you were that person).

I agree that people just don't notice what other people are wearing.  They are wrapped up in their own thoughts and what they are doing.  That said, I have long had a theory that I have posted about before.  People who know you well and see you on a daily basis, family, coworkers and close friends get to know what you look like including your clothing.  If you suddenly, and the word is suddenly wear a diaper that has some bulk, they may not notice right away but on a sub conscious level something may nag at them that you just don't look normal.  Without realizing it, they look you over closely and then on a conscious level they make a connection that your jeans look puffier and bulkier than they normally look.  That's when they may wonder if your wearing something under your pants other than your normal underwear.  Naturally, those who wear all the time like MarkSmith, Stevewet and Rob110 don't have that problem because the people, friends and family around them are all used to seeing how they look when they are wearing their diapers under their clothing.  Those people would probably wonder instead if they looked thinner in their jeans than how they normally look if one day they showed up without their diapers on.  When I go out in public diapered weather with a thinner store brand or bulkier diapers with plastic plants over them, it's mostly out of town running errands for the day or Christmas shopping.  That way I'm not likely to run into friends or people I know who would be more apt to notice I look bulkier in my pants than how they normally see me.  Strangers and people going about their business wouldn't bat an eye or even think I had a diaper on, but friends and family?  Those are the ones I think could pick up on the fact that I suddenly have a diaper on.

Rusty Pins is correct people around you will notice if you go unpadded then padded every few days, unfortunately for me its diapered all the time due to a bladder issue. Just remember at some point in time people will find out your back in diapers no matter how careful you are, all my close family and friends know I need to wear as does my boss it does take a lot of the stress away when you do not have to hide the fact you need diapers. 

Changes in appearance definitely get noted, and that was a major factor with me when I decided to go 24/7. As they were sufficient at the time, pull-ups made the changes small and nobody noticed. After awhile more was needed and again that change was small. And again when high-capacity was necessary that too was a small change. Just a couple years time and nobody noticed save for the crinkles and leaks which I knew were risky, and indeed got noticed, yet still nobody has said anything. You just have to go slowly and be consistent from day to day. If there is a downside it is that you now can't stop all at once either- you,d have to stop gradually too or someone would notice. When I was transitioning as a TG I used the same process so I knew it would work. In two years I went from a burly guy to a slim but slightly tall woman wearing only women's clothes and the only ones who noticed were the old friends who hadn't seen me in a long time. Even they didn't notice my carefully chosen clothing which was just fine by me! 

So the only real hazards in this are wardrobe failures, diaper failures, and leaks. With care in wearing those will rarely happen and can usually be dealt with discreetly. Major disasters will get you noticed but are so rare that you can almost rule them out. All my major problems were really of my own doing coming from carelessness which you can avoid. And once you're gone 24/7 there's the hazard of costs but it's worth every dime to be doing what you want to do successfully.

Bettypooh

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

I agree that people just don't notice what other people are wearing.  They are wrapped up in their own thoughts and what they are doing.  That said, I have long had a theory that I have posted about before.  People who know you well and see you on a daily basis, family, coworkers and close friends get to know what you look like including your clothing.  If you suddenly, and the word is suddenly wear a diaper that has some bulk, they may not notice right away but on a sub conscious level something may nag at them that you just don't look normal.  Without realizing it, they look you over closely and then on a conscious level they make a connection that your jeans look puffier and bulkier than they normally look.  That's when they may wonder if your wearing something under your pants other than your normal underwear.  Naturally, those who wear all the time like MarkSmith, Stevewet and Rob110 don't have that problem because the people, friends and family around them are all used to seeing how they look when they are wearing their diapers under their clothing.  Those people would probably wonder instead if they looked thinner in their jeans than how they normally look if one day they showed up without their diapers on.  When I go out in public diapered weather with a thinner store brand or bulkier diapers with plastic plants over them, it's mostly out of town running errands for the day or Christmas shopping.  That way I'm not likely to run into friends or people I know who would be more apt to notice I look bulkier in my pants than how they normally see me.  Strangers and people going about their business wouldn't bat an eye or even think I had a diaper on, but friends and family?  Those are the ones I think could pick up on the fact that I suddenly have a diaper on.

This is very accurate.  For someone that is shy about wearing diapers in public I definatly would not attend your family reunion wearing them.  Usually we are our own worse enemy when it comes to diapers in public.  If you act nervous then attention will be drawn to you.  If you wear tight pants and a thick diaper someone could notice.  If you chose to wear your crinkliest diapers someone may hear.  These are things we all control and with proper padded preparation your secret can be kept underneath your clothes.