LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Breaking the Girl: A Novel

1 hour ago, RambleLamb said:

Stop being a butt please. Kimmy isn't going to post more for a little while and you need to accept and respect that, please. I'm not trying to be mean, honest, I just really don't like the behavior you're exhibiting here, and Kimmy deserves better than what you're giving.

I for one was just teasing Kimmy and I hope she knows that. I am glad she posted so many chapters at once since she is going to be gone for a few days. Most authors, including myself, would most likely not have enough backlog to even think of doing that. I wouldn't want to do anything that would hurt @bbykimmy, I consider her a friend on here and I wish her nothing but the best.

@bbykimmy If I have say something that hurts you in any way, please let me know. I don't always get what I am trying to say to come out the way I had intended so just know if I do say something that sounds hurtful just know that I was most likely trying to make some form of joke, good or bad and I just didn't write it correctly. I have the same problem talking out loud. Many times I try to make a joke and it ends up sounding like I said something that I didn't mean to say at all.

16 minutes ago, Aries said:

I for one was just teasing Kimmy and I hope she knows that. I am glad she posted so many chapters at once since she is going to be gone for a few days. Most authors, including myself, would most likely not have enough backlog to even think of doing that. I wouldn't want to do anything that would hurt @bbykimmy, I consider her a friend on here and I wish her nothing but the best.

@bbykimmy If I have say something that hurts you in any way, please let me know. I don't always get what I am trying to say to come out the way I had intended so just know if I do say something that sounds hurtful just know that I was most likely trying to make some form of joke, good or bad and I just didn't write it correctly. I have the same problem talking out loud. Many times I try to make a joke and it ends up sounding like I said something that I didn't mean to say at all.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, I honestly wasn't addressing you and didn't feel you did anything wrong. :) Please accept my sincerest apology for this misunderstanding, Aries. <3

1 hour ago, RambleLamb said:

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, I honestly wasn't addressing you and didn't feel you did anything wrong. :) Please accept my sincerest apology for this misunderstanding, Aries. <3

You didn't hurt my feelings. I knew who you where addressing, but I wanted to make sure all the other readers and Kimmy understood what I was doing. I know how easy it is for misunderstanding to happen. I don't like feeling that someone out there, wither they comment on stories or not, might think I was being rude and might try to avoid contact with me or mess with any future friendships I might possibly make. Just one comment could ruin any possible friendships just because sometimes things one say will stick with others forever and if they get the wrong impression of you, it's very hard to change it.

Okay, I am caught up.  This is getting good.  You can post the next chapter whenever you want.  I haven't posted a chapter of my story since January and the thing is that I wrote a chapter I haven't shared with anyone.  I am sure whenever you get to it, it will be fine and I will enjoy it.  You don't have to wait as long as I did though.

Dang son! So many chapters at once, our cup runneth over.

@bbykimmy, I couldn't find the comment to quote it, and trimming down posts to a particular quote on mobile is a pain, but I appreciate the insight that subbing, and especially bratting, requires just as much communication as domming. I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me like that, but I'm glad you said it. 

@bbykimmy you spoil us all! Like several others said: what a rollercoaster! I couldn't take my eyes off the page. I think with Dani meeting Jess and realizing she's kinda fun, maybe it'll make the transition that Vanessa is fearing a little easier. And I do hope Kailee is saved soon, Aubrey jumped in the wrong way and is nothing but toxic at this point.

8 hours ago, RambleLamb said:

Stop being a butt please. Kimmy isn't going to post more for a little while and you need to accept and respect that, please. I'm not trying to be mean, honest, I just really don't like the behavior you're exhibiting here, and Kimmy deserves better than what you're giving

So clearly you have no idea of the joking and fun that I have had with Kimmy in the comments in all of her stories. I am a huge fan of her writing and almost always bug her for more when she leaves us on a huge cliffhanger.  But thanks for preaching to me about my behaviour and how inappropriate it is. I am so glad that you were here to save the day. 

11 minutes ago, thedman said:

So clearly you have no idea of the joking and fun that I have had with Kimmy in the comments in all of her stories. I am a huge fan of her writing and almost always bug her for more when she leaves us on a huge cliffhanger.  But thanks for preaching to me about my behaviour and how inappropriate it is. I am so glad that you were here to save the day. 

Did I research your long and storied history with Kimmy prior to commenting? No. Did I interpret your comment as a joke? No. Did I interpret your comment as ungrateful given the conditions as they exist? Yes. Am I sorry that you're peepee hurt that voiced my opinion? No.

Here's the thing, I'm not a confrontational person, I don't like arguing with people and I don't like getting angry, but when someone goes out of their way to give you more of something than usual because they're going to be unable to post for a while, which they didn't have to do, and you neglect to thank them and rush right to "gimme gimme gimme", that's a button for me. Just because you have a history of doing something or behaving a certain way doesn't mean you're absolved from someone calling you on it if they find it undesirable. Now, I'm not the law and I'm not in any kind of position of power to stop you from saying and doing whatever you want, but I found your comment to be rude and selfish, again, given the conditions of the posting, and I spoke my mind about it. 

I'm sure you're a great guy and I'm sure that you and Kimmy have a dynamic that I'm not aware of and maybe when she gets back she'll tell me I was being a jerk to you and I'll apologize, but for now I'm agreeing to disagree and squash our beef so that everyone can enjoy the story. Fair enough? 

I reread the 6 landslide chapters again as I read them so fast the first time.  In the week since Dani's fire, I noticed that Dani and Vanessa have become really close physically. Dani is leaning in for hugs and actually initiating hugs. Then there was the long kiss before they went to dinner with Seth and Little Jess that Dani actually initiated.  I just wondered .... could Vanessa accept Dani without diapers?  I don't think Dani caught that part ...  when Lauren spoke.

Kailee has texted Vanessa 8 times and left 2 voice messages.  Vanessa has not noticed or either has that phone number blocked or has ignored.  We have not noticed Vanessa ignoring the messages.  If Vanessa finally does see the messages, will she feel morally compelled to help Kailee or will she ignore her?  Having Dani at her apartment complicates matters.  Could Kailee ruin the blossoming relationship between Dani and Vanessa simply by being there and Dani witnessing all the abuse that Kailee has been subjected to?  At this point, would Dani choose to run?  Is Kailee the girl who broke and what now for Kailee if she does escape Aubrey?  There is no growth without pain we are always hearing or reading.  Has Kailee grown and actually learned something?  

4 hours ago, ELLIE52 said:

I just wondered .... could Vanessa accept Dani without diapers? 

It's my theory that this story is about Vamessa learning to accept and give love even when it's not quite on her terms. One of the earliest chapters (2, I think?) Established that she is "in love with an idea." And that makes it nearly impossible for her to find "the one." So I think this story is about Vanessa overcoming her own preferences and expectations that have been keeping her from being truly happy with what she has or had.

4 hours ago, ELLIE52 said:

Kailee has texted Vanessa 8 times and left 2 voice messages.  Vanessa has not noticed or either has that phone number blocked or has ignored.

Definitely blocked. If she were just ignoring them her human curiosity would've eventually gotten the better of her and caused her to at least LOOK at the messages.

18 minutes ago, ELLIE52 said:

I fear you are right.  This does not bode well for Kailee.

I have a feeling Kailee is going to show up on Vanessa's doorstep soon and there won't be a laugh track like on the show that won't ever exist.

If she does show up I feel like that will initially look very bad to Dani, but once she see's Vanessa change her attitude toward Kailee from "Da fuq you doing here?!" to "Aubrey is a monster and she must be stopped because normal human compassion!" it might bring Dani around to dipping her toe in the Little pond. I'm not saying going full babu, but at least seeing what the fuss is.

I do like the idea that Vanessa can love Dani without her being diapered, that character growth would be very sweet and things could progress to where by the end Dani is requesting a diaper of her own volition and then they skip off into the sunset through a field of butterscotch candies holding hands.

...after Aubrey is stopped, preferably with much table turning and peg lowering, obvi.

On 7/12/2018 at 8:51 AM, YourFNF said:

Ah so she replicating her abusive mom's behavior, can't say I'm surprised. These two definitely need an intervention.

#tooreal

You got it.  I hinted pretty strongly at it before, but I'm being overt now.  An intervention would be a great start - it's full blown abuse.

On 7/12/2018 at 9:26 AM, ELLIE52 said:

Wow.....  so many chapters at once, completely unexpected.  Not sure if you are taking next week off, or whassup?  :19_EmoticonsHDcom::12_EmoticonsHDcom: :42_EmoticonsHDcom:  Isn't the red Incomplete tag in title new?   Worried.

On the one hand, Julian is forcing Dani to grow up, and on the other hand,  Vanessa is guiding Dani to grow down, and then there is a complete hand reveal with auto-answer and Lauren spilling all the cards.  Dani being pulled in 2 different directions, and poor Kailee now wanting OUT and signaling for help. All of this unplanned which is not Vanessa'a style.  How will she cope?

ahh, just saw your status update.  Thanks for tiding us over.  I knew something was up.  I hope you are OK and won't be away too long.

I don't know how I'm going to handle my triumphant return yet - I gave out my entire backlog all in one shot (I still need to go back and edit it, do things like italicizing thoughts).  I wasn't sure how long I was going to be vanished, so it's going to take me a while to build up steam again.  I feel like we're only 5-10 chapters from the end, maybe - but I could be wrong.

Lauren spilled the beans, but the question is - did Dani put the pieces together?  The CG/l dynamic is not something anyone expects, even with Jess' behavior and Lauren's accusations, and all the clues - these are GIANT clues to us, but to a vanilla they're pretty subtle - has she put things together?

On 7/12/2018 at 9:42 AM, Aries said:

OMG @bbykimmy so many chapters and you had my emotions all over the place. I am almost glad I ran out of chapters before I started crying from all the ups and downs, the twists and turns. It was a wild ride and it was fun. I knew that something was going to have to happen to get Vanessa's cards on the table a little sooner then she had planned, at least it isn't all the cars but it might be enough that she'll be forced to do so soon. 

ok, fine, the ending of that last chapter did bring tears to my eyes, just a little. It was so emotional, but in a refreshing way, at the end when they where saying their goodbyes.

I'm glad you enjoyed it - I know I've said this before, but the rollercoaster is my goal :D

It's been a lot of fun to write this story, I can't wait to find out how it ends.

On 7/12/2018 at 9:55 AM, RambleLamb said:

Question! Vanessa has all these plans and contingencies for her contingencies, so I'm wondering what her plan is for Dani putting two and two together, seeing Seth and Jess' relationship firsthand and seeing the way Vanessa behaves with her, the shortalls and the Little snacks and doting she has to be wondering if Vanessa is trying to emulate that dynamic with her, right? I mean, after Lauren shows up things are really tense and the gears have got to be turning for her.

I know no matter what's in store it's going to be amazing and I thank you for all the new content, I'm on the edge of my seat for more! Thank you @bbykimmy!

Also, on a personal note, I think I might be Jess after reading her drop the octaves and go full on mama bear on Lauren and then break down for being mean. It gave me strong personal feels and was a very nice bit of character development. :) <3

What is her plan indeed?  I think the mistake you're making is assuming that Dani WILL put two and two together.  To those of us familiar with ABDL, we see giant flags that are screaming, "She wants you in a diaper!"  But to a vanilla, a diaper isn't a fetish object or an object of interest at all, it's a practical thing for actual babies and old people and that's it.

Dani doesn't know she's Little, why would she think anyone else is?

On 7/12/2018 at 10:50 AM, Aries said:

Indeed, that was a very nice character development and made me know for sure that choosing Jess has my favorite character was spot on.

Yay!  I do love Jess, I love writing Jess.  I need to write more Jess.

On 7/12/2018 at 10:54 AM, thedman said:

Nooooo........ such a cliffhanger @bbykimmy please don't leave us!!!!!  We need so much more

Sorry, my mental breakdowns don't really care what cliffhanger I left off on ;)

On 7/12/2018 at 11:10 AM, Wannatripbaby said:

I never thought I'd say this, but I am SO scared for Kailee! :o I haven't been this concerned about a fictional character since... Well, probably since Best of It. And that was with the PROTAGONIST! Someone you're actually supposed to care about!

This is some high praise two ways.  I'm glad you're feeling connected to the characters.  I'm glad you're letting them reach you.

Now here's an interesting bit:  How much did you hate Kailee after that first phone call versus how you feel now?

On 7/12/2018 at 11:11 AM, RambleLamb said:

I mean, six chapters is above and beyond. Don't mistake neediness for greediness, Kimmy was kind enough to supply you with a stack of content while she's out, rather than begging for more immediately after she's done this, maybe say thank you first. Needy babies is one thing, but don't be rude babies on top of it. :)

Thanks Lambie darling <3

I appreciate that.  I gave out my whole backlog here, everyone is officially 100% caught up with me on Breaking the Girl... except for Chapter 25, which I just finished writing tonight ;)

On 7/12/2018 at 12:29 PM, YourFNF said:

Wow that was one hell of an update!!

I suffered a pretty severe mental breakdown on Wednesday and I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to come back from that, so I wanted to give out everything I had in case I wasn't going to be around.

I was made - inadvertently - to be very ashamed of my writing, more specifically how I post my chapters, the reasons I write in the first place, and my desire to win points and such.

So posting it all to prove to myself that I didn't need the points seemed logical at the time.

I kind of regret it - not for the points, but because we didn't get to discuss the growth.  The video call between Seth/Jess and Vanessa/Dani was supposed to be a HUGE moment of dramatic tension that would have generated a ton of conversation, but basically no one mentioned it because Jess confronting Lauren in the restaurant - and Lauren's attack in general - is even MORE dramatic.

I ruined my own pacing.

On 7/12/2018 at 2:59 PM, WriteAndLeft said:

Okay, I am caught up.  This is getting good.  You can post the next chapter whenever you want.  I haven't posted a chapter of my story since January and the thing is that I wrote a chapter I haven't shared with anyone.  I am sure whenever you get to it, it will be fine and I will enjoy it.  You don't have to wait as long as I did though.

Getting good?  ;)

I like to have predictable posting schedules so that people become accustomed to coming back and commenting every day.  I enjoy the engagement, it's fulfilling for me.  I enjoy discussing the stories.  Questions have been raised on whether this is healthy for me or not, but if it's not - I'll work on that over time, knee-jerking and shutting down like I did last year won't be good for me.

I felt really lonely not responding to comments out of some fear of judgement from the people in my life.  If I do have a problem, I'll work on it slowly.  I don't need to solve it all in one day.

On 7/12/2018 at 3:33 PM, Kio Rampas said:

Dang son! So many chapters at once, our cup runneth over.

@bbykimmy, I couldn't find the comment to quote it, and trimming down posts to a particular quote on mobile is a pain, but I appreciate the insight that subbing, and especially bratting, requires just as much communication as domming. I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me like that, but I'm glad you said it. 

Thank you <3

This comment means a TON to me.  I didn't really intend for this story to be a treatise on dominance and submission when I wrote the first chapter, I wanted some really interesting smut from the dominant perspective, but this whole subject is really close to my heart and it's honestly been really therapeutic for me to explore these concepts and share my thoughts on the dynamic this way.

Bratting is especially close to my heart - it's my biggest vice and it's caused a lot of pain in my life because I didn't understand it from an abstract, intellectual perspective.

On 7/12/2018 at 4:22 PM, chansu ragedashi said:

@bbykimmy you spoil us all! Like several others said: what a rollercoaster! I couldn't take my eyes off the page. I think with Dani meeting Jess and realizing she's kinda fun, maybe it'll make the transition that Vanessa is fearing a little easier. And I do hope Kailee is saved soon, Aubrey jumped in the wrong way and is nothing but toxic at this point.

I really desperately want to explore Dani and Jess together, like I did Kimmy and Mellie in Best of It.  They are both fully-formed characters in my mind with thoughts and feelings, histories and desires, and throwing them both in the same scene to see what happens will be 

On 7/12/2018 at 8:13 PM, thedman said:

Okay, dman, I love you but you were super not cool here.

I wrote a whole post on the nature of being Little and how we are inherently selfish and how that's not okay and it's something that each and every Little needs to overcome to be a better person.

You and me?  We're Littles.  We ageplay around 3 years old, which is a supremely selfish age.  But we have to realize that we are adults and when we aren't ageplaying, we need to control those Little urges and act like reasonable adults.

I don't mind begging for more when I have more to give, but I gave you everything I had.  It is a little sadmaking everything I had wasn't enough.

But I'll be okay.  There will be more coming.

On 7/13/2018 at 6:12 AM, ELLIE52 said:

I reread the 6 landslide chapters again as I read them so fast the first time.  In the week since Dani's fire, I noticed that Dani and Vanessa have become really close physically. Dani is leaning in for hugs and actually initiating hugs. Then there was the long kiss before they went to dinner with Seth and Little Jess that Dani actually initiated.  I just wondered .... could Vanessa accept Dani without diapers?  I don't think Dani caught that part ...  when Lauren spoke.

Kailee has texted Vanessa 8 times and left 2 voice messages.  Vanessa has not noticed or either has that phone number blocked or has ignored.  We have not noticed Vanessa ignoring the messages.  If Vanessa finally does see the messages, will she feel morally compelled to help Kailee or will she ignore her?  Having Dani at her apartment complicates matters.  Could Kailee ruin the blossoming relationship between Dani and Vanessa simply by being there and Dani witnessing all the abuse that Kailee has been subjected to?  At this point, would Dani choose to run?  Is Kailee the girl who broke and what now for Kailee if she does escape Aubrey?  There is no growth without pain we are always hearing or reading.  Has Kailee grown and actually learned something?  

I mentioned it in a previous chapter, relatively early on - Vanessa totally blocked Kailee on purpose because Kailee wouldn't leave her alone.

So the question is:  will Kailee reach Vanessa somehow?  Or will the abuse spiral out of control until someone is permanently damaged?  Or will something else happen?

On 7/13/2018 at 1:31 PM, RambleLamb said:

I have a feeling Kailee is going to show up on Vanessa's doorstep soon and there won't be a laugh track like on the show that won't ever exist.

If she does show up I feel like that will initially look very bad to Dani, but once she see's Vanessa change her attitude toward Kailee from "Da fuq you doing here?!" to "Aubrey is a monster and she must be stopped because normal human compassion!" it might bring Dani around to dipping her toe in the Little pond. I'm not saying going full babu, but at least seeing what the fuss is.

I do like the idea that Vanessa can love Dani without her being diapered, that character growth would be very sweet and things could progress to where by the end Dani is requesting a diaper of her own volition and then they skip off into the sunset through a field of butterscotch candies holding hands.

...after Aubrey is stopped, preferably with much table turning and peg lowering, obvi.

I love everything about this comment <3

I can't respond to any of it without giving things away though :D

On 7/13/2018 at 1:59 PM, the diaper mike said:

Every writer has to take a break from a story every now and then and write something else or do something else it just the way it work guys grow up and get over it Kimmy great story

Sadly, it wasn't voluntary.  I fell apart.  But I'm getting better.

• Like 1

Juuuuust wanted to say that I do not often comment here, but I marathon read your entire story (practically twice). i am highly enjoying it, though I often skip most of the dram in the comments. This is just to say that I think this story is awesome so far, and I am glad that you are sharing it with us

4 minutes ago, BabySiras said:

Juuuuust wanted to say that I do not often comment here, but I marathon read your entire story (practically twice). i am highly enjoying it, though I often skip most of the dram in the comments. This is just to say that I think this story is awesome so far, and I am glad that you are sharing it with us

I'm sorry my sudden shift caused the drama in the comments - personally, the biggest draw for me as a writer on this site is the comments, so thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts.  I honestly think that if no one ever commented, I wouldn't write.

So thank you again, very much, for telling me that you've already read the story practically twice :D

Do you have a favorite part or a favorite character?

4 hours ago, bbykimmy said:

I was made - inadvertently - to be very ashamed of my writing, more specifically how I post my chapters, the reasons I write in the first place, and my desire to win points and such

I'm not even going to TRY to figure out how YOU could be made to feel ashamed of your writing when you're easily the best author I've even read, ABDL ir otherwise! I'm sure whatever it was feels real to you so I'm not going to make light of that. I'll just say I'm glad you're back and that we love you very much, Kimmy. Not just for your writing, but because you're a beautiful, sensitive, caring person. :75_EmoticonsHDcom:

@bbykimmy I feel you on dealing with the personal demons. And lately with the way things have been finance wise it's been so hard to right. (hugs on offer)

@bbykimmy I am with Trip on this. You are one of the BEST authors on this forum and could easily go out and write your own book. There are also many of us here that truly care about you. I am just glad you are back, if this was rl I would be hugging you right now. Be well Kimmy and feel loved. :75_EmoticonsHDcom:

On 7/12/2018 at 4:22 PM, chansu ragedashi said:

I apparently stopped mid-thought on responding to you, so I'mma finish here.

Both characters are fully formed and they're both delightful to write... but the way I've written them so far doesn't lend itself to a Little-on-Little conversational scene, I have NO clue how that would go.  The characters could completely surprise me.   Jess could end up bratting and Dani could hate it.  They could both end up really enjoying each other in a more-than-friends way.  There could be anything in between.  I know it might not make a lot of sense because I'm the author, but I have no idea what might happen until I sit down to actually write it.

Sometimes fingers on the keyboard yields different results than planning in my head.

On 7/15/2018 at 3:08 AM, BabySiras said:

I love the interactions between Dani and Venessa, buuuut While I'd like to be the "Dani" in a relationship, I like Jess more! She adorb

You prefer the slow burn then, huh?  Vanessa is a caring mommy who doesn't really have a whole lot of interest in bratting or bondage.  She wants love, she wants affection, she wants cuddles.

Seth loves doling out punishment to his Little.  He wants to spank her, he wants to yank her around by her collar - I bet he's a hair-puller in bed (which I loooooooooove).

On 7/15/2018 at 4:01 AM, ELLIE52 said:

This is amazing.  I am so relieved and thankful to see you back!  :) 

I can't say I'm fully "back", I was shaken pretty much to the core of my being on Wednesday and I was seriously doubting whether or not I am a good person.

But I think writing a new chapter is a good sign.

On 7/15/2018 at 7:27 AM, Wannatripbaby said:

I'm not even going to TRY to figure out how YOU could be made to feel ashamed of your writing when you're easily the best author I've even read, ABDL ir otherwise! I'm sure whatever it was feels real to you so I'm not going to make light of that. I'll just say I'm glad you're back and that we love you very much, Kimmy. Not just for your writing, but because you're a beautiful, sensitive, caring person. :75_EmoticonsHDcom:

That seems hyperbolic - I'm an amateur on a fetish board, there's no way I rank anywhere among professional, published authors.

I appreciate the thought, but it doesn't feel realistic.

I was told by the same therapist who taught me all of my communication skills that I'm self-centered and self-absorbed and that I think I'm better than other people and that I have an inflated sense of self that leads me to not care about how other people feel or what they want.  I got torn down pretty badly on Wednesday.

On 7/15/2018 at 9:07 AM, YourFNF said:

@bbykimmy I feel you on dealing with the personal demons. And lately with the way things have been finance wise it's been so hard to right. (hugs on offer)

I appreciate the offer of hugs <3

On 7/15/2018 at 9:26 AM, Aries said:

@bbykimmy I am with Trip on this. You are one of the BEST authors on this forum and could easily go out and write your own book. There are also many of us here that truly care about you. I am just glad you are back, if this was rl I would be hugging you right now. Be well Kimmy and feel loved. :75_EmoticonsHDcom:

I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't believe it's true - getting traditionally published is really really hard.  It doesn't matter how good a person thinks they are, there are ten thousand other writers just as good or better.  I don't think I'm good enough to make it in the world of traditional publishing.  Someone very close to me is a published author and better at writing than I am, and their trilogy failed.

I'll stick to writing my silly little stories and sharing them here for free in exchange for talking about them with the people who read them :)

7 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

Both characters are fully formed and they're both delightful to write... but the way I've written them so far doesn't lend itself to a Little-on-Little conversational scene,

i wasn't asking for a scene like that silly! i meant that maybe her meeting Jess during dinner after Vanessa's video-call conversation with Seth might help ease Dani's mind -because she and Jess are so similar and she had fun before the evening got ruined. (man, it's hard to be specific enough for a reference to make sense while still being intentionally vague enough to not spoil major story-points for those that might have accidentally clicked past the chapter without having read it.)

32 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

That seems hyperbolic - I'm an amateur on a fetish board, there's no way I rank anywhere among professional, published authors.

I appreciate the thought, but it doesn't feel realistic.

32 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't believe it's true - getting traditionally published is really really hard.  

You seem to be equating your skill as an author/storyteller to being published. Which is just not true, at least not anymore. Look at Pop Music. Whether or not you like it, you can't deny that the Pop Music industry is complete trash. Every song is shallow and so are the artists who sing them. They all promote drugs and cheap sex both in their lyrics and their lives. Sure, they're at the top of the financial bracket, but that doesn't make them good musicians. In fact, you could argue that it makes them much worse because now they're forced to churn out new music for money rather than letting it come from the heart.

Whereas most of the artists I listen to on Youtube, whether you like them or not, are undeniably more talented than most of the "Big Names."

Success is a strange thing. It used to be simple, but now the lines have blurred a bit. Success shouldn't be measured in fame or money, but in happiness. Are you happy with your work? If so, you're more successful than a lot of Superstars. At least in my humble opinion.