LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tapes unstick from nappy

Hi I wear the Tena slip during the day. Over time the tapes come unstuck from the nappy. I think this is because I am so active during the day with walking etc. Can anyone recommend an alternative nappy or a way to solve this issue.

Tight underwear or onesie

I prefer to use duct tape as I like it tight and its "easier" to pull it down/up without ripping if needed, I also don't wear clothes over the diaper inside and for short trips outside I just put on pants

Tena have the wierd double tapes - white on blue which are then taped onto the diaper. From research, I found that the design is so the diaper can be opened and closed. Let me say - it doesn't work. Also, they are the 2nd worst tapes on a diaper I have ever seen. The worst are the tapes that are supposed to work on 'cloth feel' diapers (faux velcro) 

Your question - how to keep Tena tapes from unsticking...

* Plastic backing (active fit) white/blue tapes: any form of selotape / duct tape etc over the tape starting from behind the hip to front center each side will keep the tapes from slipping while keeping the realitive elasticty of the diaper.

* Cloth feel (faux velcro) ... These tapes always slip. I have tried duct tape, staples, the velcro from pampers - when the tape doesn't slip, it stretches. It is just one more reason I don't use the Tena 'cloth feel' diapers.

On 6/21/2018 at 3:23 AM, babykeiff said:

Tena have the wierd double tapes - white on blue which are then taped onto the diaper. From research, I found that the design is so the diaper can be opened and closed. Let me say - it doesn't work. Also, they are the 2nd worst tapes on a diaper I have ever seen. The worst are the tapes that are supposed to work on 'cloth feel' diapers (faux velcro) 

Your question - how to keep Tena tapes from unsticking...

* Plastic backing (active fit) white/blue tapes: any form of selotape / duct tape etc over the tape starting from behind the hip to front center each side will keep the tapes from slipping while keeping the realitive elasticty of the diaper.

* Cloth feel (faux velcro) ... These tapes always slip. I have tried duct tape, staples, the velcro from pampers - when the tape doesn't slip, it stretches. It is just one more reason I don't use the Tena 'cloth feel' diapers.

I wear the cloth feel ones last night I stapled the top tapes but forgot to do the bottom tapes. I’ll try again tonight and let you know how 8 get on but this seems to be the way forward.

I found the white Tena Slip Maxi tapes to hold quite well back when they were my daily wear- that was surprising since they are so narrow.You had to be careful that the plastic where they landed was smooth and that you never touched the sticky part, but that applies to all tapes. The blue tape pieces are meant to be removed and used to reinforce the white tapes if you pulled them loose to facilitate toileting for a poop. They don't work worth a damn like that, nor do the similar blue tapes on Molicares. The best I can tell you on that is to never remove the tapes once they're stuck, even if they're placed a little wrong.  I've never found a refastenable tape that worked except the velcro kind on cloth-backed diapers and those don't hold very well from the start. And I've only found two cloth-backed diapers which didn't leak through the cover; Seni and Depends. 

IMHO if it's not plastic-backed, it's not a 'real' diaper. YMMV and as long as your choice works for you that's a good thing and my opinion doesn't apply to anyone but me.

Bettypooh

Easy.  Diaper pins.  When a tape fails, I use a baby diaper pin and I actually pin it through the tape for extra strength.  I've never had a problem using a baby diaper pin when a tape fails.  Think about this as well.  When out somewhere and you have a tape failier, how easy is it to slip in the nearest restroom and PULL A DIAPER PIN FROM YOUR POCKET to fix the problem?  Try pulling a roll of duct tape or plastic pants or a tight fitting onesie from your pants pocket to fix the situation.