LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Need help now

Hi guys, im in a bit of a dillemma! I've got acute diaorreah  and it won't stop. I've had 7 diaper changes since this morning and I can't get out of my house to buy medication. Every times I try to get meds I step outside and load my diaper to overflowing. I'm drinking. Lots of fluids but need something to stop this. Any suggestions? 

What are you drinking?

and maybe consider stop drinking so you get out and buy something?

Might also consider calling your less than emergency number, if you have something else than 911..

Eat bananas, apples, toast, and rice. It should help to tighten up your stool. 

There’ s lots of missing information here. Like what are you drinking, to keep hydrated? For example, if you drank apple juice, or fruit juices, it would make the diarrhea worse. 

I would also suggest, calling a doctor if this persists. And as Rob110 said, you could have a pharmacy deliver what you need. May cost a bit more then going yourself, but then you would not need to worry about more accidents. 

Good luck.

If you are suffering diarrhoea that severely, I'd say it's beginning to sound serious enough to consult medical advice. I don't want to be melodramatic, but do be careful of drinking too much pure water. What's being lost from your body will include all kinds of essential salts, and pure water could then further dilute what is left in your system. This can affect your nerve, muscle and heart function. People have had heart failures as a result of drinking too much water, and dropping too much salt too quickly. If you get chest pain, severe feeling of weakness or fatigue, severe muscle cramping, or feel confused, you should take these as very serious warning signs indeed (all symptomatic of critically low salt levels) it might even be time to call 999 (or 911, depending on where you live) - especially in the case of chest pain or confusion - don't ignore those!

One thing you can do to guard against this is to drink 'isotonic' drinks, such as lucozaid, or similar drinks that include sodium and potassium salts (both of which are vitally needed by your heart and nerves) and glucose, rather than pure water. You should also make sure you are eating something in small doses, even if you're feeling unwell, or you think it will just lead to more diarrhoea. Something like bananas, salted peanuts, trail mix or cereal bars would be good.

Of course, most of the time, the situation is unlikely to be anywhere near as big a deal as I might reference above. If the shops are relatively close, I'd try and get out in between accidents. Getting some medicine into your system might at least give you some temporary respite to eat and drink normally, and stabilise yourself. At least you do have the security of a diaper, should an accident happen while you're out.

I really hope you feel better soon.

R682

Hi guys, sorry for the late reply. I had to get the doctor to come and do a home visit. Doctor says he thinks It looks like a viral infection? He has given me some powders to put in water which will help with the dehydration and replacing salts in my system. He has advised to wait it out until it stops on its own. Apparently he has two other patients with the same symptoms. On the positive side he did say I was the fortunate one because I was wearing diapers.

Before I called the doctor I was drinking just water and eating wholemeal toast. I had used about 8 diapers in one morning.not nice. 

Some late advice- situations like this are where cheap store-brand diapers or pull-ups become the best choice economically. 5 of those versus one decent diaper and you won't feel so bad about using them and changing so frequently. 

Bettypooh

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Bettypooh said it best! I also keep some cheaper diapers around for the chance of I need a diaper change but I will be going to bed in a few hours or will be going to work and I don't want to use the products I use for work or bed for just s few hours. hopefully, you feel better soon!

• 3 months later...