LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Dave Smith and the Family Curse

I’ve been following Daily Diapers for a long time now.  I lost my original account log in a while back.  I just created a new account because I finally decided to attempt writing.

This is the first story ABDL story I have written.  The beginning is an intro and does not contain diapers but don’t worry, it will happen quickly.

Being my first attempt at writing a story, my grammar, punctuation, and spacing may be horrendous.  I already know this, there’s no reason to remind me.

Please feel free to let me know what you think.  If you do decide to attack my writing skills please try to make it constructive criticism.

I’m mainly interested in people’s thoughts on the story line.  There’s not much to it now but I hope you enjoy it.

Part 1

Arlene, was a pretty woman in her early 30’s.  She had long black hair and large, dark eyes.  As she walked down a muddy, dirt road she picked her steps carefully.  Although it recently rained, the sun had come out and the day was warming up nicely.  She soon came to the outskirts of a small, drab looking town.  From where she was standing she could see dour looking townsfolk going about their daily business.

The petite gypsy woman was hungry and desperate enough to enter even this dreary New England town.  As she entered the town and walked toward the general store, she noticed several townspeople staring at her as she walked past.  It was well known that not even 20 years earlier, the small towns of this area held horrible witch trials.  Arlene entered a small general store, bought a few red apples from a stoic looking shop keeper, and hastily walked out.  She walked with a quick pace and her head down as she strode through the center of town.  The townsfolk did not seem very welcoming and she definitely did not want to attract any more attention to herself.

As she walked down the muddy street past some horse drawn wagons, she tried to lift her skirts high enough to avoid dragging them through the mud.  As she stepped around one particularly large mud puddle she accidently slammed into a large, dark haired man.  It felt like the man purposely stood his ground as she walked into him.  She felt like she just hit a brick wall.

“Oof!”  As Arlene bounced off of the large man her bonnet went toppling down onto the street, narrowly missing the mud puddle.  “Excuse me sir” Arlene said to the large man. 

The man looked down at her with a scowl but a moment later grinned at her.  “Pardon me madam, my name is John Smith.  Please, let me get your hat for you.” 

“No..no..that’s fine, I can get it” Arlene stammered.  She was still a little shaken from her collision with the burly man.

John was already bending over to pick up the bonnet.  As John leaned down he shifted sideways and pushed into Arlene. 

“Whoa!”  Arlene’s arms flailed as she lost her balance.  Her arms swung wildly in a circular pattern as she fell backwards.  Unfortunately there was nothing to grab onto and no one stepped over to catch her.  She landed with a splash into a 5 inch deep mud puddle. 

Arlene could feel her rump sink into the deep, wet mud.   Her mouth was wide open in shock as she sat on her bottom, looking around desperately for help.  She held her hands out to the townsfolk who were standing around but none of them made a move to help her.  They just stood there, some staring, some grinning. 

Arlene looked around pathetically as the mud started soaking through her skirts.  She could feel her bottom getting wet and her face getting red.

As she struggled to stand, none of the townspeople would lend the desperate woman a hand.  In fact, a few started laughing out loud.  Arlene was finally successful in lifting herself out of the deep mud.  However, she had to push her hands and forearms deep into the mud to do it.  The back of her skirts were now dripping with muddy water, the arms of her nice white shirt were muddy to her mid forearms.

She glanced over at the large, dark haired man who was now outwardly laughing at her. 

She then looked at her hands and grimaced.  Her thin, pretty gloves were now covered in mud.  She started shaking her wrists in an attempt to get some of the mud off her gloves.

This brought a round of laughter from the crowd as poor Arlene waved her hands and gazed around with a pathetic look on her face.  Her skirts were now solidly soaked through and she could feel them sagging in the back. 

John Smith then spoke up.  “We don’t trust visitors around here and we don’t welcome them either.  I suggest you make your way out of town as soon as possible” he said a nasty smile. 

“In fact, let me help you.  We wouldn’t want you to get your hat dirty with those muddy gloves now do we?”

John reached into a nearby wagon.  Unfortunately, Arlene could not see what he picked out of the cart.  John then fidgeted with her bonnet for a moment and stepped forward.  

Arlene had a nervous look on her face as John stepped closer and raised the bonnet towards her head.  She tried to take a defensive step backwards but a townsman step right up behind her and blocked her retreat.

As John placed Arlene’s bonnet on her head, he tied the ribbon and pulled it tight. 

“What!?!”  Arlene now realized what John did to her bonnet.  He had placed a rotting tomato into her hat!   As he tightened her bonnet she could feel the tomato squish against the top of her head.  Her mouth dropped open once again and tears filled her eyes. 

John then gave her a few quick pats on the top of her bonnet squishing the tomato even further.  The crowd howled with laughter as juice ran down the sides of Arlene’s face and down her cheeks.

As Arlene stood there in her muddy, saggy skirts, with rotten tomato juice trickling down her neck and face, John tied the bonnet’s ribbon into a large knot. 

“Now let me help you a little more” John said as he grabbed Arlene by the shoulders and spun her around.  “The road out of town is that way.”

With that, John pushed Arlene forward.  Arlene waddled away, holding up her muddy, sagging skirts and fighting back tears from the most embarrassing moment of her life.  The laughter of the townspeople rang in Arlene’s ears as she walked through the small town until she finally made it to the edge of the village.

As Arlene stood at the edge of the woods just outside of town she finally broke down and sobbed.  Tears began streaming down her face.  She did absolutely nothing to these people yet they treated her horribly.  As she regained her composure and stopped sobbing, her face turned hard and serious.  Her eyes narrowed and seemed to darken as she gritted her teeth.

“First you blame members of my coven for crimes they never committed.  Now you assault me with no provocation!”  In that moment a dark haze surround Arlene and storm clouds once again filled the sky.

“John Smith, I and my entire coven, curse your kin.  From generation to generation your male descendants will all feel the embarrassment I felt today….a hundred fold!”

Part 2 – Almost 300 years later

It was Dave Smith’s first day in the sixth grade.  The 11 year old just sat down at his assigned desk and he had an excited smile on his face.  He was excited because he was no longer a little kid.  He was in the Sixth grade!  He wasn’t thrilled at the fact that he was sitting directly in front of the teacher’s desk but unfortunately, he didn’t get to choose which desk he sat at.

He looked to his left to see a little dark haired girl sitting at the desk next to him.  She had straight, black hair with almost equally dark eyes.  As she looked over at him she began to grin.  Dave was momentarily confused.  He wasn’t sure if she looked upset at him or pleased to see him?

He quickly put the thought out of his head as the teacher walked in and gave a cheery “Good morning class, my name is Miss Eldritch”.  Miss Eldritch had the same long, dark hair and dark eyes as the little girl sitting next to him.  It was so similar in fact that Dave wondered if they could have been mother and daughter?

“Roll call” Miss Eldritch called out.  “Darlene?”

“Present” the girl sitting next to Dave called out.  She smiled a nodded to her new teacher.

Miss Eldritch gave a big smile back to Darlene and then called “Davey?”

Dave raised his hand and said “Present”.  Miss Eldritch gave a smile that did not show her teeth.  It was a sly, cat’s smile.  It was a smile like she knew something but wasn’t saying it.

Dave then mumbled a low “But it’s Dave.”

“What was that Davey?” Miss Eldritch asked.

“My name is just Dave, not Davey, Miss Eldritch.”  Dave said a little louder.

Miss Eldritch looked at her clip board.  “Well it says Davey on my attendance sheet, Davey Smith.  Since Davey is on the official sign in sheet, that’s what I’m going to have to go by.”

Miss Eldritch gave Dave a big, condescending smile “OK little Davey?”

The addition of ‘little’ to his name brought about a fit of giggles throughout the class. 

Dave looked around the classroom, his mouth hanging open in shock, a look of dejection on his face. 

Last but not least, he saw Darlene, the little girl sitting at the desk next to him.  His face fell into a frown as Darlene gave a small, snide laugh, and said “Davey” in a syrupy tone.  She then rolled her eyes, and shook her head. 

Dave shrunk down in his chair.  He now felt like a small child who had just been chastised by his baby sitter.

• Like 3

Interesting premise, a family curse through generations is interesting. I wonder if Dave will be able to find a way to break the curse or will he even know about it?

Please continue, as for the grammar, punctuation, spacing, and all that other jazz I am hard pressed to find something wrong. I would say just write and let the grammar morons go.

• Like 2

To Jayme and ELLIE52, thank you for your feedback.  I appreciate the votes of confidence. 

Part 3

Dave slowly walked home from the bus stop.  He was tired from his first day in the sixth grade.  Class had gone by slowly but without incident.  Recess was another matter.  Ryan Miller, one of the boys in his class, had continuously called him little Davey all recess long.  Luckily the bullying did not go beyond name calling today.  Unfortunately, Dave was pretty sure he was now a target on Ryan’s radar.

This was the first year Dave was in the same class as Ryan.  However, Ryan’s reputation as a bully was already well known throughout the school .  Ryan was always a year ahead of Dave but last year Ryan had been held back and had to repeat the sixth grade.  Ryan was a bit bigger an a lot meaner than any other boy in their class.

Dave put all that behind him as he got closer to home.  He was looking forward to relaxing and playing some video games for the rest of the afternoon. 

As Dave reached his house he noticed his Aunt Wendy’s car parked in the driveway.  He inwardly groaned.  He loved his Aunt Wendy, she was always cheerful, smiling, and very positive.  So how could she have raised such a brat like his little cousin Laurie?  Laurie was obsessed with competing in beauty pageants so Aunt Wendy had taken her to several beauty pageants over the past week.  When she would win she would brag to Dave about how she was the cutest and most talented in the contest.  Since Laurie was only a year younger than he was, Dave was usually seated next to her at family gatherings.  This meant he had to listen to her for hours on end.

Dave’s mom had a home office and worked from home all last week so she could babysit Aunt Wendy’s 16 month old son, Charlie.

As Dave walked through side door and into the kitchen, he heard his mother call him from the other room.  “David, we’re in the living room, come say hi to your Aunt and cousin”.

Dave walked into the living room and saw his Mom holding cousin Charlie on her hip.  “How was your first day at school sweetie?” his mom asked.

“It was OK.” he said in a bored tone.  Dave was at the age where he no longer discussed his school days with his mom.

When he turned and saw his aunt, a huge smile came across his face.  “Hi Aunt Wendy!”

“There’s my handsome nephew.” she said and gave a big smile in return.  She held out her arms and pulled Dave in for a long hug.  After Aunt Wendy released him from her loving bear hug, Dave turned to see Laurie.

His cousin Laurie stood there with her usual sour puss expression.  Laurie was a cute girl, her shoulder length blond hair was currently fashioned in finger curls.  Her blue eyes matched her pretty blue dress.  She wore a similar colored head band which was topped with a bow.  Unfortunately, she had an almost perpetual look as if she had just bitten into a lemon, today was no exception.

His aunt and mother were already chatting with each other and no longer paying attention to the two children.  “Hi Laurie” Dave said.  His voice held very little enthusiasm.

For her part, Laurie gave Dave a slight sneer and looked away.

“It’s nice to see you too” Dave gave a sarcastic reply.

Laurie stuck her tongue out at him but said nothing.

“Well, we have to get going.  I don’t have much time, I just came to grab Charlie and head out.” Aunt Wendy said to mom.  “Is it OK if I pick up the high chair, playpen, and other stuff next week?”

His mom gave Aunt Wendy a hug and replied “It’s no problem at all, take your time.  This stuff isn’t going anywhere.”

Laurie turned and said loudly enough for all of them to hear “I’m sure it can be put to good use.  The playpen will keep David out of trouble when you’re not around to watch him.”  Laurie had a little grin on her face and gave Dave a snobby little look after she said that.

“Don’t pick on your big cousin.” Aunt Wendy said with a sigh.

“He hasn’t been my big cousin for years.” Laurie giggled.  It was true in a sense, Laurie was a few inches taller than Dave and she always reminded him of that fact.  Dave was around average height for a boy his age.  However, Laurie was a bit tall for a girl her age.  That meant, she grew past Dave two or three years back.  A fact that she loved to lord over him.

Even Dave’s mother giggled a little at Laurie’s first remark.  “I’m sure I won’t have to put David in the playpen….unless he deserves it.” His mother smiled and gave him a quick wink.

“Gee thanks” Dave said with a smile.  This made them all laugh a bit.

After his aunt and cousins left, Dave played video games until dinner time.  He was glad he didn’t have homework on his first day of school.

His mom sent him to the bathroom at 8:45 to brush his teeth and change into his pajamas.  By 9:00 PM Dave was in bed.

His mother walked into his room a few minutes after he got under his covers.  She sat on the edge of his bed and smiled.

“Umm…tucking me in mom?” David said jokingly.  His mother stopped tucking him in many years ago.

“You never really told me how your first day went?” She said.

“It went OK.  The teacher made a joke and unfortunately some kids made fun of me because of it.”  He frowned.

“Really?”  His mother said with a bit of surprise.  “I’m sure she didn’t mean for that to happen.  What did she say?”

“She called me little Davey.  The class had a good laugh at that one.”  He said in a bit of unhappiness in his voice.

“Well, I’m sure they will forget all about it by tomorrow.  And I’m sure there are plenty of kids in your class who are smaller than you.”  She said smiling.  She was hoping to lighten David’s mood a little.  She didn’t want her son to despise school they way his father did.  Before they go married Dave’s father, Michael, used to tell her how rough he had it in school and growing up.  That was well before they got divorced.

“In fact, I scheduled a routine check up with your doctor this Wednesday.  I’m sure she will take your height and weight.  We’ll get to see how much you’ve grown in the last 6 months.  I’ll pick you up from school on Wednesday and we’ll go directly to her office.”

His mother fidgeted with his blanket a little and then gave him a kiss on the forehead.  “Now get some sleep.”

“Good night Ma.” Dave said as his mother left his room and turned out the light.

That night Dave had a restless sleep.  He tossed and turned until the light came shining through his window.  The sun shined onto David’s face and slowly woke him up.

He opened his eyes and looked at his clock.  “Holy cow!” Dave jumped out of bed.  He must have forgotten to set his alarm.  He was running late.  The last thing he wanted was miss the bus on the second day of school.

“No time for a shower.” Dave thought.  He quickly threw on some jeans and a T-shirt.  He grabbed his book bag, took off down the hall, and quickly ran down the stairs into the living room.  As he entered the kitchen he grabbed a bagel and picked his lunch money up off the table.  He was out the door in a flash.

As he ran to the bus stop he began to relax.  Other kids in his class were still waiting for the bus.  As he walked over to the rest of the crowd he noticed a kid in his class named Jeremy. 

“Hey” Dave nodded his head to Jeremy.

“Hey” Jeremy nodded back and gave a faint smile.

Dave picked a spot to stand and tried to catch his breath for a few moments.  He was finally starting to relax.  Then he heard it, a dreaded voice from behind him.

“Well if it isn’t little Davey?”  Ryan Miller said with a sneer on his face and venom in his voice.  Ryan’s shaggy, brown hair was unkempt.  If Dave didn’t know any better he would have thought Ryan also woke up late for school, but that’s just how Ryan always looked.

“Do you have any lunch money for me this morning, LITTLE Davey?”  Ryan put an exaggerated emphasis on the word little.

“I’m not giving you my lunch money.” Dave scoffed.

Ryan smiled at Dave’s reply.  “That’s fine, I’ll just take it.”  Ryan shoved Dave hard enough to send him tumbling backwards to the ground.

Dave wasn’t hurt as he landed.  However, he did land in a puddle.  Dave gritted his teeth and stood up.  There was no way he could fight Ryan and win but he wasn’t about to be bullied.  As he stood up to take a defiant stand he was surprised that Ryan did not take a swing at him.  Instead Ryan just pointed at him and began laughing.

All the other kids at the bus stop started laughing as well.  A few pointed at Dave’s pants as they laughed hysterically.  Dave looked down to see what they were laughing at.  He then realized that his skirt was socked from landing in the puddle.  He could feel the water seeping though and soaking his butt.

Dave looked around at the laughing children with a pathetic grimace on his face.  He tried to shake the mud off his skirt but for some reason could not get a good grip on it.  He lifted his hands and noticed that his white mittens were also soaked through and covered in mud.

Laughter filled his ears.  His wet, mittened hands drooped in front of him.  His skirt was sagging and wet.  Ryan cackled with glee and could barely catch his breath as he pointed at Davey.

Dave looked around with tears in his eyes.  As he looked from student to student he got no support from his laughing school mates.  While trying to hold up his droopy skirt, in a pathetic voice he started to repeat “I’m all wet.  I’m all wet.  I’m all wet.”

Dave bolted upright in bed as his alarm clock suddenly rang out.  “I’m all wet” he shouted.  He quickly regained his composure as he looked around his bedroom.  “Ugh” That was not the type of dream any kid cared to have.

As Dave pulled his covers off, his mother came running into the room.  “David, why are you shouting I’m all…”

Dave looked up at his mother in confusion as she halted in mid sentence.

“Oh” She said in surprise “It’s because you’re all wet”.

Dave looked down at his pajamas.  He had wet his bed.

Slow to start but things will pick up.  I’m still trying to get the hang of this.

@ELLIE52. I'm glad I read parts 1, 2, and 3 at the same time.  It was fresh enough in my head where I realised his dream was what happened to the witch who cursed his family 300 years ago.  She fell in the mud and the townspeople laughed at her wet skirt.  Dave had that dream but his classmates were laughing at him. 

...Then he wet his bed.

:roflmao:

I like it so far.

16 hours ago, slide186 said:

@ELLIE52. I'm glad I read parts 1, 2, and 3 at the same time.  It was fresh enough in my head where I realised his dream was what happened to the witch who cursed his family 300 years ago.  She fell in the mud and the townspeople laughed at her wet skirt.  Dave had that dream but his classmates were laughing at him. 

...Then he wet his bed.

Hey, thanks!  I'm reading too many stories today.  I should have picked up on the mittens.  That made the chapter even better.

I’m glad some readers were able to help clarify parts of the last chapter.  Hopefully this chapter is a bit more straight forward.

Thank you for the feedback and clarifications.  Please let me know if parts of the story do not make sense.

Part 4

“Oh sweetie, you poor thing.  Dave’s mother, Cindy, said with a small pout on her face.  “Don’t worry, accidents happen.  We’ll have this all cleaned up in no time.” She said as she removed the wet sheets from the bed.

Dave looked up at his mom with a stunned look on his face.  “I…I can’t believe this happened.”  Dave hadn’t wet his bed since he was 4 or 5 years old.

“It’s probably just stress from your first day at school.  It happens to a lot of boys your age.  Now stand up slowly, remove your PJs, and go take a shower.  I’ll handle the bed and laundry.”  Cindy said as she walked out of his room to retrieve a laundry basket.

David shook his head and muttered a low “Right, accidents happen.”

As he removed his PJ bottoms and placed them on the already wet bed, he noticed his underwear were totally drenched.  He closed his eyes, breathed a deep sigh, and let his chin drop to his chest.  With his head hanging in shame, Dave walked into the bathroom to shower.

The rest of the morning passed without anything significant happening.  Dave showered, ate breakfast, and left for school.  His mom was still scrubbing his mattress as he said goodbye and left to catch the bus.  To her credit, she was doing a good job at keeping a positive attitude about her son’s accident.

Dave was quiet in class for the most part.  Not that he had much of a choice.  He couldn’t really talk or joke around much since his desk was directly in front of his teacher’s.  Darlene sat to his left and a Joanne sat behind him.  Joanne had red hair and a giggly attitude.  She was the class gossip. 

Dave overheard Joanne telling Darlene how she spent time in New York over the summer and she absolutely loved it.

“I have family in Albany.” Dave added to the conversation.  “I haven’t seen them in years though.”

Darlene looked directly at Dave, pointed her index finger in front of her face and said “Shhhh.  Little Davey, face forward and sit still like a good boy.”

Joanne immediately started to giggle as Darlene spoke down to Dave like he was a small child.  Dave’s face immediately turned deep red as he felt a burst of embarrassment and anger.  On any other morning David would have easily shrugged off Darlene’s aggravating remark.  However, he was still on edge and feeling vulnerable from his bedtime…incident.

He tried to think of a witty retort.  Unfortunately, his emotions were clouding his mind and he couldn’t think of a clever response.  Since he couldn’t think of anything to say he simply gritted his teeth and faced forward as he was told.

Joanne now started to outright laugh as David quietly complied with Darlene’s order.

Seeing she had clearly struck a nerve, Darlene seized upon the opportunity to twist the dagger a little more.  She leaned closer to Dave’s desk and in a syrupy sweet voice said.  “Awww is little Davey angry?  Is he going to cry?”  Darlene put on a little frown and made a pretend crying gesture.

David felt his body temperature rising.  Darlene was getting under his skin and he knew it.  He sat still and stared straight ahead in an attempt to block her out.

Darlene leaned even closer towards David.  “Maybe you should put your little thumb in your mouth to help you calm down?”  Putting an exaggerated, innocent look on her face, she then put her fist in front of her mouth in a mock thumb in mouth gesture.

Dave snapped, he jumped up from his chair and turned to put this haughty bitch in her place.  He pointed his finger at Darlene and in anger spoke much louder than he intended.  “How dare you…”

David suddenly flinched with surprise as he was interrupted by a loud, authoritative voice.

“How dare you young man?  How dare you raise your voice in my classroom?”  Miss Eldritch was standing no more than 5 feet away from David and stared at him angrily. 

David stood there stunned, mouth wide open.  The entire class had fallen silent and all eyes were on him.

Miss Eldritch waited a moment.  When it was clear David was not going to be the first to speak, she broke the silence.

With an edge to her voice she asked “What would cause you to make such an outburst?  You had better have a good reason Davey.”

Dave stood there thinking to himself.  He absolutely did not want to announce in front of the entire class that he lost his cool because Darlene told him to suck his thumb.  That would only help destroy his social status and invite future mocking from his fellow students.

Dave lowered his head, too embarrassed to look directly at his teacher.  “…I don’t know?”  Was all Dave could mutter.  He felt hot all over.  His skin burned with embarrassment and shame as he stood in front of the entire class, dumbfounded.

“You don’t know?  You don’t know why you jumped out of your seat and began to yell in my classroom? Fine.”  Miss Eldritch walked up to David and stood right next to him.  In her high heeled shoes, she easily stood a foot taller than the young boy.  Looking practically straight down at him she said “If that’s your only answer, I want to hear you apologize to Darlene.”

David was stunned as he looked up at his teacher.  He then turned to Darlene, who sat at her desk with a surprised expression upon her face.  Seeing David looking at her, Darlene quickly regained her composure.  She looked him square in the eye and put on a very condescending smile.

“Well?” Miss Eldritch said impatiently.

“Ahhh” David began.   “Ahem” Dave needed to clear his throat and give himself a moment.  He was still really angry and the entire class was watching as he had to stand there and apologize to his arrogant classmate.  He could feel hot tears start to swell as Darlene sat there grinning snidely at him.

“I’m sorry Darlene.” David said in a shaky voice.

“Sorry for what?” Miss Eldritch took a tone that an adult would take with a young child who had been caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

“I’m…I’m sorry being rude to you.”  Dave saw the grin widen across Darlene’s face as he said the words.

Darlene turned to look at her teacher and spoke loudly and clearly enough for the entire class to hear “Thank you Miss Eldritch.”  She then looked back at David “And thank you.  I accept your apology, little Davey.”

A loud “HA!” rang through the room. 

Miss Eldritch quickly looked towards the back of the class. “Ryan Miller, I’m going to have a word with you after class for that!”

Dave had to tighten his jaw after he heard Ryan’s mock laughter.  He was trying hard to fight back the tears.  This was so unfair.

“You may sit down now Davey.”  Miss Eldritch said as she walked back to take a seat at her desk.  “Now, everyone get out a pen.  We’re having a quiz on the summer reading everyone was supposed to complete.”

Dave sat down and took out a pen.  He stared straight down at his desk.  He absolutely did not want look over at Darlene.  Out of the corner of his eye he could see she was staring at him, goading him to look over at her.  He would not take the bait.

As Miss Eldritch handed out the quiz, Dave did his best to take steady, even breathes.  He needed to calm down.  If he could only clear his head he was sure he would do fine on the quiz.  He really enjoyed the book that was assigned as summer reading and he read it cover to cover.

Dave felt more confident after each question he answered on the quiz.  After he wrote down his final answer he sat silently at his desk until time was up and Miss Eldritch collected the exams.

“You can talk quietly amongst yourselves while I grade the tests.”  Miss Eldritch put an emphasis on the word “quietly”.

Dave sat staring at his desk.  He was still in no mood to speak with anyone.  He could hear Darlene and Joanne whispering to each other even as he did his best to block out their conversation.  Joanne steadily giggled throughout the conversation and David couldn’t help but wonder if they were talking about him.  They gave no indication that he was actually part of their discussion but he had a hard time putting the thought out of his head.

Finally, Miss Eldritch spoke up “OK class, since this was your first exam with me I’m going to tell you how this works.  I know tests can be very stressful for people.  Studies show that music helps calm people down.  Therefore, I have my laptop configured to the 4 wireless speakers in each corner of this class.  It’s not loud but you will all be able to hear it.  I let the student with the highest test score choose a streaming radio station to play one song from before the end of class bell rings.”

Miss Eldritch stood up.  “Now, we have about 10 minutes until the end of school.  The person with the highest test score is Davey Smith.”  Miss Eldritch smiled and handed Dave his quiz.  He scored a perfect 100%.  “OK Davey, feel free to choose any of the stations I have saved in the music list of my laptop.  I’ll hand back the rest of the quizzes while you make your choice.”

Dave stood up and had a big smile on his face.  The tension he had been feeling seemed to drain right out of him.

“Come on Dave, make it a good one.” David heard, Ryan Miller say from the back of class.  As Dave walked up to the laptop, several students asked him to choose their favorite stations.

As Dave looked at the choices of streaming radio stations, he thought “This is it.”  This is my chance to show the rest of the class that I’m actually a cool kid, not some child to be picked on or spoken down to.  Then he saw it, about half way down the list was one of his favorite Rock stations. 

KBLAM radio, all rock, all the time.

He heard Miss Eldritch ask “Have you made a choice Davey?  I’m done handing back the quizzes.”

“Yes, I’m clicking on the station now.” As Dave walked back to his desk he thought to himself “Maybe she will stop calling him “Davey” after this?”

Dave was all smiles as he sat at his desk and waited for his random Rock song to begin.  He was hoping it would be something really cool.

The class became silent as they heard the wireless speakers crackle to life.

All the students could now hear the soft but clear voice of a female radio announcer “And that ends our commercial break. Now back to 30 minutes of pure music.”

Dave was almost shaking with anticipation. 

First the instruments began to play.  The melody was soft and the music coming from the speakers was clear as a bell.

Dave was confused at first, the melody sounded familiar but he couldn’t quite place song.  It was definitely not the rock music he was expecting.  After a few more seconds it hit him, he remembered exactly what song this was.

His smile faded, he could practically feel the blood drain from his face.  He just happened to look to his left , his gaze locked with Darlene’s as a female musician began to sing.

“Rock-A-Bye Baby, in the tree top”

Darlene’s mouth dropped open and her eyes went wide as she stared directly at David.

“When the wind blows, the cradle will rock”

Dave shook his head from side to side.  “This…this isn’t what I chose.”

“When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall”

Darlene burst out laughing “Bahahahahaha”.   She nearly fell from her desk as she leaned over in a fit of laughter.

“What the heck?” Was all Joanne could say before she too burst into laughter.

Dave just looked around the class and continued to shake his head no. 

“And down will come baby, cradle and all”

The melody continued and lyrics repeated one more time.  As the song finally came to an end, a surprised Miss Eldritch stopped the streaming music.  Some students were laughing, others were shaking their heads in disbelief, Ryan Miller’s voice could be heard saying “What a dork.”

Dave just wanted to disappear.  How could this have happened?  Once again he could feel his skin burning.  He could feel the hot tears welling up.  Darlene and Joanne were still laughing.

“OK class, settle down.” Miss Eldritch called out.  Dave looked over at her.  She had her hand in front of her mouth and was clearly trying to stifle a laugh.

She closed her laptop.  She had a small smile on her face when she said “You know Davey, if you wanted nap time instead of music time you only had to ask.”  She then gave a small laugh as the final bell began to ring, marking the end of the school day.

David jumped up from his desk and ran from the classroom.  He didn’t bother grabbing his books or backpack.  He just wanted to get away from his fellow students as they laughed at Miss Eldritch’s last remark.

As David entered his living room and closed the front door he heard his mother call to him from upstairs.  “David, is that you?  Can you come up here please?”

David slowly walked upstairs.  His feet felt like lead.  His throat was dry.  He felt miserable.  He walked down the hall of the second floor and looked into his mother’s bedroom.  She wasn’t there.

“Ma?...Where are you?” Dave called out.

“I’m in your room sweetie.”

Dave walked through his bedroom door to see his mother standing next to his bed.  It didn’t have any sheets or blankets on it.  There was only one cover on his bed.  This was his breaking point.  Tears started rolling down his face.  He put his hand over his eyes as he began to sob.  After the day he had he just couldn’t handle looking at the dull yellow, rubber sheet.

His mother looked confused.  “Sweetie, it’s only a rubber sheet.  There’s no need to cry about it.”

• Like 1

Part 5

Cindy threw her hands up in confusion.  “Why are you making such a big deal out of this?  In a couple of weeks you’ll be settled into school and I’m sure we’ll be able to remove it.  I’m just really busy with work right now and your mattress took me hours to scrub and dry out.  If you happen to have another accident I just don’t have time to clean it.”

“Ma, I’m not going to have another accident.  It was a one time thing.  I don’t want a rubber sheet on my bed.” Dave sobbed.  The tears now flowed freely from his eyes.

“Sweetie, only the two of us will know.  You rarely have friends in your room.  You always play outside or downstairs.  Soon enough you won’t even remember it’s there.”

David gritted his teeth.  “I don’t want it!”

Cindy was beginning to get aggravated.  She raised her index finger and looked straight into her son’s eyes.  “David…”  she was cut off by the ring of the door bell.  “Who could that be, are you expecting friends?”

Dave shook his head no as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

“We’ll talk about this again at dinner” Cindy turned and left David’s room to answer the door.

Dave sat down at his computer desk and tried to compose himself.  He wiped his face dry with his hand and stop sniffling.  He heard his mom open the front door.  A moment later his mother called his name.

“David, come down here please, one of your friends from school is here.”

Dave suddenly got very nervous.  Did everyone already hear what happened to him at school?  Jeremy and Steve are the only two friends who come to his house.  What would he tell them?  With his heart pounding in his chest, he decided there was only one clear action.  The truth.  He would tell them he chose a rock station online and there must have been some mix up with the link to the site.  That was the only reasonable explanation Dave could think of.  How else could something like that have happened?

Now that he thought about it he felt much calmer.  When it happened in class he was too flustered to think it through clearly.  “Well, let’s get this over with.”  Dave thought as he walked down stairs to see who was at the door.

David saw his mother standing just inside the living room door.  She was smiling and chatting with whomever was standing just outside the door.

David was smiling as he stepped around his mother to greet his friend.  When he saw who was standing outside his smile turned into an immediate frown.  “What do you want?”  He said in an irritated tone.

Darlene’s mouth dropped open and her eyebrows rose up at this prickly greeting.  She looked surprised and a little hurt.  Of course, she half expected this reaction but wanted to put on a show in front of Mrs. Smith.

“David!”  His mother said in a serious tone.  “That’s not how we greet visitors. You and I are going to have a little chat later.  You had a long day, I think you need to lie down and rest after your friend leaves.”

David flinched, at least his mother avoided using the term “take a nap”.  It also seemed Darlene did not catch his mom’s last statement.  If she did, she didn’t make any outward signs of showing it.

“It’s OK Mrs. Smith.” Darlene said with an innocent smile.  “I brought your book bag home for you Davie.  You were in such a rush after class that you forgot it.”

Dave noticed she had his backpack slung over her shoulder.

“I wouldn’t want you to miss out on any important home work.”  Darlene turned to Cindy and continued to chat politely. “I always make sure the children I babysit do their homework right after school.  I think they have an easier time when the day’s lessons are still fresh in their heads.”

Cindy seemed impressed.  “Well, please come in dear.  David, offer your guest a drink.  She was kind enough to bring your books home for you.  And she’s being much more gracious than you are at the moment.”  She gave David a stern look.

David’s shoulders seemed to slump a little.  “Please come in.”  He said to Darlene who was still smiling sweetly.

“There are plenty of drinks in the refrigerator.  I’ll be upstairs if you need me.  I have to finish a project I started this morning.”  Cindy turned and walked towards the stairs, she was headed to David’s room.

Darlene stepped inside and David just stared at her for a moment.  “How do you even know where I live?”

Darlene gazed around the living room.  She didn’t even look at David as she spoke.  “Jeremy told me, he couldn’t bring them here because he had baseball practice.  You should really be thanking me.”

“For what, embarrassing me in class today.” David frowned.

Darlene laughed as she continued to look around.  “No, you did a good job of doing that all by yourself.  Miss Eldritch was a bit surprised at how quickly you took off today.  She asked if anyone could bring your books home for you.”  She finally looked at David “You should thank me because Ryan Miller was the only one who volunteered.  And we both know that means, your backpack would either be in a dumpster or at the bottom of a lake right now.”

David’s expression lightened up for a moment.  “Oh. Well, thank you.”  He pointed towards the kitchen  “Would you like a drink now?”

Darlene still carried David’s backpack as she walked through the living room.  “Do you live here with your mom and your little brothers and sisters?”

“No brothers or sisters, just me and my mother?”  David gave a half smile.

Darlene nodded her head.  “That’s a nice playpen you have.  I’m sure you must be nice and cozy when you’re in it.”

David saw the playpen sitting next to the couch.  He fumbled with a quick reply.  “No, that’s my little cousin’s!  My mother was babysitting last week.”

“Huh”  Darlene, laughed lightly and shrugged.  “Sure, whatever.  Let me guess, the mobile on it plays Rock-A-Bye Baby?”  She grinned widely, obviously pleased with herself.

David closed his eyes and took a deep breath.  “There was something wrong with the link to the radio station.  That’s not the station I chose.” 

Darlene seemed to ignore his response.

David shook his head.  All he needed to do was get her a drink.  Then he would kick her ass out the door as soon as possible.  He opened the fridge and smiled.  “What would you like?  We have Orange Juice, Milk, Cola, apple juice, and bottled water.”

Darlene smiled sweetly and pointed towards the counter.  “Well, I certainly don’t want to rob you of your baby formula.  I’ll have a bottled water.”

David looked at the counter.  There was a canister of baby formula, baby bottles, and sippy cups sitting next to the sink.  He exhaled in annoyance “Once again, my mom was babysitting.”  He placed a bottled water on the kitchen table next to Darlene.  He then held out his hand.  “Can I have my backpack now?”

Darlene gave him a half smile and handed him the backpack.  Without saying another word, she picked up the water and started to leave.

“I’ll walk you out.” David said with an exaggerated smile.  He wanted there to be doubt in her mind that he was happy she was leaving.

Cindy descended the stairs as Darlene was about to walk out the door.

“Leaving so soon?” Cindy asked.

Darlene turned to Cindy and smiled.  “Yeah, Davey was just telling me how tired he is and that he can’t wait to get some sleep.  I don’t want to keep him up.”  She continued to smile as she leaned in and gave David a hug.  She wrapped her arms around, not through his arms.  It was almost like a bear hug which pinned Dave’s arms down to his sides.  She then whispered in his ear “Enjoy taking a nap in your playpen, baby Davie.”  She then released him and closed the door behind her as she left.

Dave’s mouth was hanging wide open.  “That bitch!” he thought to himself.

From Cindy’s vantage point it looked like Darlene gave him a plain hug like any other.  She thought it was cute how Darlene referred to him as “Davie”.  Cindy hadn’t heard anyone call him that since he was 6 years old.  “What a nice girl, very polite.” She said to Dave as she stepped up next to him.  “Now for you, I just put the sheets back on your bed so get up stairs and go to sleep.  I’ll wake you when dinner is ready.”

Dave frowned but didn’t argue.  That was a statement from his mother, not a request.  It didn’t really matter to him, he was exhausted anyway.

His bed had new, clean sheets on it.  It was too warm for a blanket.  He didn’t bother taking his clothes off as he lied down on his back.  He heard a slight crinkle from the rubber mattress cover as he got comfortable on the bed.  “The sound could be worse.” he thought.  He closed his eyes and soon drifted to sleep.

“Dinner’s ready” his mother said as she walked up the stairs.  She continued to speak as she stepped into David’s room.  “I made steak and…”  As she stood over David’s bed she saw a large dark stain across his jeans and sheets.  She immediately knew what had happened.  “David, you wet the bed again!” She said in a loud voice.

Dave was still groggy and sat up slowly.  He looked at his soaked jeans and sheets.  He then looked up at his mother.

“What happened?  You were asleep for barely an hour!”  His mother said in a disappointed tone while shaking her head.

• Like 1

I'm feeling bad for poor Dave.  He's got a long way to go with the curse.  I'm guessing the curse takes effect about the time a child would want to start being a little more mature.  Darlene will probably be babysitting him soon  LOL.  It will be interesting to see what the radio plays when someone else gets to pick.

• Thanks 1

@Perry Louys  Thanks for the comments, I hope I can keep the story interesting for everyone.  :)  I'm certainly having fun writing it.

@ELLIE52  Oh, I wouldn't feel too badly for Dave.  There's really no such thing as a curse....right?  I'm sure tomorrow will be a totally normal day for him.  :lol:  LOL

Chapter 6 is already complete.  I have to give it a quick proof read so it should be uploaded tonight.  I'm already working on Chapter 7, that's when we learn a little bit (very little at this point, just a few sentences) more about the family curse.

In the meantime, I going to try and figure out how I can update the Subject line to show when I add new chapters.

So, I wrote this chapter after chatting with someone about part 4 of this story.  The song that played in part 4 reminded him of the Tom and Jerry episode, Baby Puss.  That episode happens to be my all time favorite cartoon.  I loved it as a kid and I still love it now.  He wondered if I could write it into the story so I tried it out.

If you haven’t seen the cartoon, it may clear things up a bit if you watch it first.  You can find it on YouTube and a bunch of other sites.

Of course, this story is a huge variation from the cartoon but you will ABSOLUTELY see similarities.

If you don’t like the cartoon, you probably won’t like this chapter.  If you do read the chapter and think I totally flubbed it?  Sorry

Either way, let me know what you think.

For those of you still reading, I hope you enjoy chapter 6.

Part 6

Dave stepped out of the shower and changed into a clean pair of jeans and Tshirt.  His mother was just starting to put clean sheets on his bed as he walked back into his room.

“I can do that mom.”

His mother smiled but looked a little tired.  “How about we do this part together?  I already threw the wet sheets into the wash and wiped down the rubber mattress cover.  We can both go down to eat when the new sheets are on.”

Working together they had 2 new sheets on the bed in no time.  As they entered the kitchen, Dave turned to his mom. “I’m really sorry mom.  I didn’t even feel like I had to pee before I lied down.”

“I know it wasn’t your fault sweetie.  But I want you to try using the toilet before bedtime tonight, whether you feel you need to or not.  OK?”  Cindy saw the down look on her son’s face and knew he felt terrible.  She was concerned of course.  Her son had wet the bed last night and during a quick nap this afternoon.  However, she didn’t want to make him feel worse than he already did so she was going to let the subject drop.

Dave nodded.  “OK.  …So, I guess the discussion we were going to have at dinner about removing the rubber sheet on my bed is kind of a moot point now huh?” He said, trying to lighten the mood.

His mother chuckled at that one.  “You bet it is.” She said with a small smile as she tussled her son’s hair.  “Hey, why don’t we eat dinner in the living room tonight?  Dinners already going to be cold.  We might as well make the best of it.”

David smiled “Sounds good to me, I’ll set up the TV Trays.”

A few minutes later Dave and his mom sat side by side on the couch, eating dinner.  His mother turned on the TV.  “Oh nice, a cooking show.”

“Really mom?” Dave gave her an unhappy look. 

“OK Fine” She said and changed the channel.

“Cool, Baseball!” Dave said with a smile.

“Sweetie, you know I don’t like sports.”  Let’s find something we can both agree on.  “I’ll check the guide.”  Since she basically only watched one news channel, Cindy wasn’t very good at using the Cable remote.  She hit a few random buttons and was clearly getting aggravated.  “Why does this thing have so many buttons?  Stupid remote.”  She finally got a TV station pop on.  At random chance, it happened to land on the Boomerang channel.  “Well that was an exercise in futility.  Whatever’s on, we’re sticking with it.”

Dave always liked watching his mom battle with the TV remote.  He actually learned some of his favorite curse words by watching her try to find shows she wanted to watch.  “I think you hit the DVR button, your recording whatever’s on.” he laughed.

“Don’t care.” His mom said as she bit into a piece of broccoli.

There was a quick commercial followed by “Now back to Hanna Barbera Classics.” A Scooby Doo episode came on.  “Scooby Doo is fine with me.” Dave shrugged.  “Well, it’s better than sports.”  Cindy said as they both continued eating.

The next cartoon in the lineup was Tom and Jerry.  “Nice, I like this show.” David said as the intro started.  His excitement quickly disappeared as he read the cartoon title and the intro music played.

Tom and Jerry, Baby Puss.  “Rock-A-Bye Baby in the tree top, when the wind blows…..”

David’s face dropped and his eyes widened a bit as he heard that dreaded song.  “What the hell?  I can’t get away from that dam song!” he thought.

Cindy saw the strange look on her son’s face.  “What, you just said you liked this show?”

His mother’s question shook Dave back to reality.  “Oh, oh yeah, it’s fine.  He gave her a small smile.  Dave didn’t tell his mom about his embarrassing day at school.  He didn’t want her to know the reason he “forgot” his book bag today was because he actually bolted out of class when the final bell rang.  And he definitely didn’t want her to know he had to stand in the front of class and apologize to Darlene for raising his voice at her.

David sat mesmerized as the cartoon played.  For some reason he couldn’t tear his eyes away from the TV.  He barely even blinked.

His mother giggled during different parts of the cartoon.  “That poor cat.”  She watched in amusement until the ending scene where the little girl force feeds Tom, Castor Oil.  Cindy smiled and shook her head. “Well, at least you never had any babysitters like her.”

“Oh, uhh, yeah” Dave tried to smile a bit as he responded.

After finishing dinner, David continued to watch TV as he finished his home work.

“Are you done your homework yet sweetie?  It’s time to get ready for bed.”

David looked at the clock.  “I’m done my homework but it’s only 8:00!”

His mother stepped into the living room from the kitchen.  “You’re finished your homework and I just finished the dishes.  We both had a long day and I want us to be well rested for tomorrow.  Don’t forget, I’m picking you up at school so we can go right to your doctor’s appointment.  Plus, I want you to really try using the toilet before you go to bed tonight.”

David groaned out loud but didn’t argue.  This was way too embarrassing for him to keep talking about.  He went upstairs and got ready for bed.  The last thing he did was pee.  He wanted to make sure as much liquid as possible was out of his system before he got into bed.

David turned off the light switch next to his door, walked across his dark room, and crawled into bed.  He just closed his eyes when he heard a…BANG!

David bolted upright.  Two dark silhouettes stood in his doorway.  One of them had flung the door open and sent it crashing against his wall.  Then the lights turned on.  The bright light momentarily blinded him but he now knew who stood in his room just by the sound of her voice.

“Hi Davie!!!”  Darlene said with sadistic glee.  “Did we wake the sleeping baby?” Joanne said with a laugh.

“What the hell are you guys doing in my room!?!”  David yelled.

Darlene looked at Joanne “Awww we did wake the baby.  Maybe we can put him back to sleep?”

In unison they began to sing “Rock-A-Bye Baby in the tree top. When the wind blows, the cradle will rock. When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall.  And down will come DAVIE, cradle and all.”

They both began to laugh hysterically.

Dave’s face turned beat red with anger.  “That’s it!”  He flung off his sheets and hopped out of bed.  To make himself look as large and intimidating as possible he sucked as much air into his lungs as he could.  With his chest puffed up he ran over to the two girls.

As David stood in front of them, both girls gave a long “Awwwwwww.”  David was stunned.  Neither of the girls were scared in the least.  This shook his confidence and he exhaled all the air from his lungs.  He now looked small and timid in front of his two classmates.

Darlene looked at David and asked “Baby bonnet?”  From out of nowhere she produced a pink baby bonnet and quickly pulled it over his head.  David just stood there, not knowing what to do.  Darlene pulled the bonnet’s ribbons tight under David’s chin as she tied them into a bow.

“Ughhh” was all David could get out as the ribbon squeezed his chin.

“Cute diaper” Joanne said as both girls began to laugh again.  David looked at his waist and realized they were laughing at the large, plastic backed, Huggies diaper he was wearing.  This got him really angry, he looked back up at the girls. He was just about to give them a piece of his mind but Darlene was too fast.  She scooped him up into her arms and pulled him to her should like she was going to burp him.  She began to lightly bounce him up and down as she patted his thick diapered bottom.

This was all happening so fast that David didn’t know what to do.  He simply looked over at Joanne as he was ever so slightly bounced up and down.  He could feel the soothing vibration of every pat Darlene gave his diapered bottom.  The rhythmic diaper pats began to make him feel very relaxed.  So relaxed that his head started to lean down onto Darlene’s shoulder.  …so relaxing…

As David was zoning out, Joanne deftly slid a pair of blue, knitted baby booties onto his feet.  When that was done she slid blue, thumbless mittens over his hands and tied them on with ribbon.  Stepping back, she took a look at her handiwork.  “Perfect!” She gushed. 

David’s head rested on Darlene’s left shoulder.  He sleepily lifted his right arm and wrapped it around the back of Darlene’s neck in a hug.  “Oh!”  Joanne peeped with glee before shutting herself up by covering her mouth with her hand. 

Darlene continued to bounce and pat as she rolled her eyes.  “Why did him doing that not surprise me?”

“He looks sooo relaxed. …Uh Oh!...maybe a little too relaxed?  Looks like someone just wet his Huggies!” Joanne said with a jovial smile.

Joanne’s statement immediately perked David up.  His head shot up off of Darlene’s shoulder, his eyes widened.  Darlene shifted her hands under David’s arm pits so she could lift him higher and at arm’s length.  David stretched his legs and feet as far as he could but it was not use, his toes were still inches from touching the floor.  His face turned deep red from embarrassment as he just hung there while the girls examined the large yellow stain now covering the front of his diaper.

“Looks like someone couldn’t make it to the potty.”  Darlene spoke like she was talking to a little toddler.  “Shame shame shame.”  Joanne said as she shook her head and brushed one index finger over the other in a shaming gesture.

David was dying from embarrassment as he was held in the air wearing a pink baby bonnet, blue booties, blue mittens, and a soggy diaper.  “I…I…” he tried to explain but couldn’t get a sentence out.

“Upsie Daisy!”  Darlene tossed him onto his bed.  He bounced as he landed onto his mattress butt first. As he landed the second time he came to a stop in perfect upright sitting position.  A shocked look crossed his face as he settled onto his bed and felt his soggy diaper squish against his bottom.  “Ewwww” is all he could say as his mouth turned down into a frown. 

The girls looked at each other and then back at David.  Both girls in unison “Awwww did the baby land in his squishy pants?”

David had a pathetic look on his face as he turned his attention away from the girls and down to his bed.  He lifted his left thigh and looked under it, then his right thigh, checking to see if his squished diaper leaked onto his nice clean sheets.  Amazingly, his diaper held.

“Whoa!” His back went down onto the mattress as Darlene suddenly lifted his ankles high into the air.  She gave him a condescending smile as she looked down at him.  “Time for baby to get a dry diaper!”

“No way, this has gone far enough.” David thought to himself.  He used his elbows to lift his back off the mattress even though Darlene firmly held his ankles in the air.  “Unh-unh-unh!  Baby needs to stay still for his diaper change!”  Joanne said as she placed one hand on his chest and firmly pushed him back down onto the mattress.  David wiggled a little but it was useless, he was held firm.  He then felt Darlene grab one of the tapes of his diaper.  RIP!  One tore open.  RIP!  Then the second.

“No!” David lifted his head and shouted as his diaper fell away and he felt a rush of cool air on his butt.  The last thing he wanted was for anyone to see him naked.  Joanne still had one hand on David’s chest.  With her free hand she stuck a baby bottle into his mouth the moment he opened it.  “Drink your bottle, baby!”

David grabbed onto the bottle with both hands.  He couldn’t hold it in just one because without the use of his thumbs his mittens made his hands practically useless.  He sucked furiously on his baby bottle in an attempt to block out what was about to happen.

“Diaper!”  Darlene called out.  Joanne handed her a clean diaper.  Darlene reached down and yanked the wet diaper out from under David’s butt and tossed it aside.  “No wait!”  Was all Joanne could say before…SLAP!  The wet diaper landed right on her face.  Her eyes were closed and she looked like she had just bitten into something sour as the diaper slowly fell to the floor. 

“Powder!”  Darlene demanded.  David could smell the scent of baby powder as he felt it dusting his bum. 

“Oil!”

“Ewwww” David thought as he lied there and drank his bottle.  Darlene didn’t rub the oil in, she simply poured it all over him.  And she poured A LOT!  He could feel rivulets of the oily mess oozing down his waist and bum.  It formed into small puddles on the thick padding of the clean diaper under his butt.

He finally felt his new diaper being pulled up between his legs.  He felt the diaper tapes, one and then the other pulled across and fastened in front.  Darlene had pulled tapes tight.  The diaper was very puffy but fit snuggly around his waist and thighs.

“Rubber Pants!”  Joanne held out a pair of girly looking rubber pants.  They were yellow with frill around the waist and leg bands.  Darlene grabbed the rubber pants and roughly tugged them up David’s legs and over his diaper. 

The rubber pants were extremely stretchy.  Darlene hooked her index finger through the leg band behind David’s left thigh.  She pulled as hard as she could.  When the rubber was stretched about 14 inches away from David’s leg, she quickly said.  “Big baby says OW?” and released his rubber pants.  The leg band flung back with a loud SMACK as it snapped against the back of David’s thigh.  “Oooowww!”  He yelped.  Both girls giggled with glee.

Diaper change complete. 

“Up you go!”  Joanne hoisted David into a sitting position.  She then took the bottle from his mittened hands and tossed it over her shoulder.  The bottle hit David’s computer monitor and cracked the screen.  David winced.  Joanne just shrugged and thought nothing more of it.

Darlene leaned down to be eye level with David as she spoke.  “Do you think I like changing diapers?  Well I don’t!  Since you wet your diaper like a naughty baby, I’m going to have to punish you.”  She slid one hand under his butt and placed one hand on his back.  She lifted David off the bed and carried him across the room to a large high chair.  “Joanne, get the Castor Oil.”

David’s eyes nearly popped out of his head when he heard this.  He tried to wiggle free but it was too late.  Darlene sat him down in the chair and forcefully pushed the highchair’s tray in.  “Oof!” the tray squeezed into his belly.  He heard a click as the tray locked into place.  At that moment Joanne returned with a big spoon and a large bottle of Castor Oil.  She handed Darlene the spoon and began to pour the oil into it.  “Wow, this spoon must hold at least 2 tablespoons.” Joanne noted.  She continued pouring the oil until the spoon was at capacity and spilling over.

“Open wide!”  Darlene said with glee.  David twisted and turned his head until Joanne grabbed him under the chin.  “You heard her, open wide!”  Joanne squeezed his face.

“Ahhhh!”  David opened his mouth as he yelped in pain.  That’s all it took.  Darlene crammed the large spoon into his mouth.  David could feel the oily liquid coating his mouth and oozing down his throat.  It was horrible!  Darlene left the spoon in his mouth for a few seconds before finally pulling it out.  She was satisfied to see the spoon was completely empty.  She quickly placed her hand over David’s mouth.  “Now swallow it all, no spitting out your oil.”  She watched until David swallowed with a loud “GULP”. 

David’s shoulders sagged and he slid lower into the high chair after he swallowed the large mouthful of Castor Oil.  He didn’t move for a moment as he tried to recuperate.  As the oil settled in his stomach he felt a deep rumble.  Faster than he could react, a loud fart escaped into his diaper.  His face went beat red.

“Whoa!  What was that, baby?”  Darlene said with a laugh.  Then everyone heard a gurgle from David’s stomach.  He felt a burp coming up but it was stuck in his chest.  He twisted uncomfortably in the high chair.  “Uh Oh!  Does someone have a gas bubble?”  Darlene said with mock surprise.  “Joanne, burp the baby.”

“I don’t need to be…”  David was cut off as Joanne placed her hand between his shoulder blades and pushed him forward in his chair.  She started giving him solid slaps on the back.  After a dozen solid whacks, David was getting upset.  He finally opened his mouth to say something.  PAT..PAT.. PAT..BUUURP.  “There you go little guy, feel better now?”  Joanne said with a big smile.

David didn’t say a word.  He just stared straight ahead and nodded yes. He couldn’t believe Joanne just burped him in his high chair.

A few moments passed and suddenly David didn’t feel so well.  The awful Castor Oil still coated his mouth and filled his belly.  “Oh No!” he thought as he felt the nasty oil coming back up.  His eyes went wide and he quickly covered his mouth with his mittened hands.

Darlene quickly removed the tray from the high chair.  David wasted no time jumping down and running towards his bedroom door.  If he could only make it to the bathroom.  As he reached his bedroom door he twisted and turned the doorknob as best he could.  No use, his mittens didn’t give him enough grip.  He looked around in desperation and then bolted across the room.  His bedroom floor was smooth and his booties provided no traction.  He came to a sliding halt just inches from his open window.  He quickly lifted himself onto the window sill and hung his head outside.

The girls walked over and stood about 4 feet behind him.  All they could see of David were his girly yellow rubber pants which were stretched out over his puffy disposable diaper, his skinny legs, and baby bootie covered feet which dangled inches above the floor.  Joanne gushed “Awww doesn’t he look adorable?”

“I’m not adorable!”  David yelled over his shoulder.

“So adorable!”  Darlene agreed while nodding her head.

David again screamed over his shoulder.  “Listen to me, I’m not adorable!  I’m not adorable!”

David’s eyes flew open and he bolted upright in bed.  “I’m not adorable!” he shouted into his empty bedroom.  He was breathing heavily as he looked around his room.  He reached up and wiped sweat from his forehead.

“David!  What’s all the shouting about?”  His mom opened his door and peered in.

David was still catching his breath. “Sorry mom, I just had a really weird dream that’s all.”

“Well, all right.  It’s almost time to get up for school anyway.  Why don’t you come downstairs for breakfast?”

“OK, I’ll be right down.”

“Oh, and David, I’m your mother, I’ll always think you’re adorable.”  His mother smiled and winked at him as she closed his door.

David smiled and laughed “Leave it to his mother to defuse a tough situation.” he thought to himself.

Dave put his hands over his face for a moment and then ran them back through his hair.  “Wow, I’ve heard of people not watching horror movies before bed to avoid having nightmares.  But I’ve never heard of someone avoiding cartoons!”  He let out a deep sigh.  “Well, let’s get this day started.”  It wasn’t until he pulled his sheets off that he noticed the large wet spot covering his PJs and bed.  He closed his eyes for a moment.

“Damn it!”

• Like 1

Really liked your version of the cartoon ! Your writing is very good ! Now I can see him going to the doctor and been prescribed diapers for his accidents hehehe and mommy having use for his cousin things kkkkk

• Thanks 1

Part 7

David stomped down the school hall towards his locker.  He was in a foul mood.  To start, his new “bedtime issue” seemed to be getting worse.  To add more misery, he was now having nightmares because of it.  Finally, to top it all off, his mother made oatmeal for breakfast.  Oatmeal!  How could mom always forget he hated oatmeal?

As he reached his locker he hung up his jacket and swapped some of his books.  Each student had a locker that was right outside of their classroom.  His locker happened to be right next to Joanne’s.  As he turned to go to class, Joanne was right next to him.

“Hi Davie!” she said in her usual jovial voice.  “See my new dress?”  She held out her arms and smiled.

With a frustrated look “How could you?…Why would you?…”  He was upset because of what she did to him in his dream.  He was just about to blast her when he caught himself.  “Jeez, get a hold of yourself.  It was just a dream.  She actually didn’t do a thing to you, why take it out on her?” he thought to himself.  He sighed, shook his head, and walked into class.

“Wow, what was that all about?”  Darlene asked Joanne as she stepped up beside her.

Joanne stood there with a blank look on her face.  “…I honestly have no idea.” she said in a perplexed tone as she shook her head and shrugged her shoulders.  As Dave disappeared into the classroom, Joanne turned to Darlene.  “How do like my new dress!?!” Smiling and immediately back to her perky mood as if the conversation with David never took place.

“Oh, ummm…very pretty!  I really like it.” Darlene nodded.  She hung out with Joanne more than any of her other friends.  Still, it never ceased to surprise her how quickly Joanne could snap back into her seeming endless jovial mood.  There were two things Joanne was really good at, acting happy-go-lucky, and gossiping.

“I got this dress.  Then my mom got shoes.  Oh ,and then I got shoes!  And my mom got a hat…..”  Joanne prattled on as they walked into class. 

Dave’s school day was uneventful until it neared the end.  Miss Eldritch stood up.  “OK class, some of the activities you have to complete this year are team projects.  For this reason, I randomly paired each of you up with a project partner.  Project partners will change from time to time.  However, I will always choose them for you.  Part of the exercise is to get you used to working with different people and personality types.”  The students all chattered with nervous excitement, hoping they would be paired up with one of their friends.  Miss Eldritch announced pair after pair of students until David finally heard his name.  “Davie Smith and Darlene Fayborn.”

“Ugh” Dave, facepalmed.  Simultaneously, Darlene’s arms fell limp to her sides and her head fell back so she stared at the ceiling.  “Wonderful” she said with a sigh.

“I’m handing out your first project which will start on Monday.  Partners will have two weeks to complete each assignment.  I’ll give all of you until the end of class to speak with your new partners.”

“This is going to take us more than one or two afternoons to finish.”  Darlene said as looked flipped through the projects instructions.  “We don’t have much time left today.  We can meet at the library after school to figure out how we’re going to get this done.”

David shook his head no.  “I have a doctor’s appointment after school today.  I can’t meet you.” 

“Well, we have to meet at the library. I don’t think we would have enough space at my house to work on a project this big.” Darlene huffed.

Dave wanted to kick himself for what he was about to say next.  “You already know where I live.  You can come over to my house tomorrow?  It’s closer than the library.”

Darlene shrugged “Fine, but I have stuff I have to do after school tomorrow.  Can I come over at 4:00?” As Dave nodded yes, two of Darlene’s friends walked their way.  Darlene got up and took a few steps towards them.  “Who did you get paired up with Darlene?” Erica, a little brunette who sat near the back of the class asked.

They were only a few feet away so David could hear the whole conversation.  “I got stuck with little Davie.” Darlene said with a sigh and shake of her head, clearly not thrilled with who she was partnered with.  David shook his head and frowned.  “I would love to stick my foot up her ass every time she calls me little Davie.”  He was then surprised by the reply he heard.

“I’ll switch with you!” Joanne said.  “Davie always gets good grades.  I got Stacey Needham.  She’s nice and all but she can’t tell her ass from her elbow.”  She sighed as she looked over to Stacey’s desk.  Stacey sat motionless as she stared, unblinking, straight ahead…at the wall.

Erica “Yeah, well I got…Ryan Miller.”  A long “Ewwww” came from all three girls as they laughed.

“I guess I could have it worse.” Darlene was saying as the bell final bell rang.

Joanne  “ I’ve seen broken flashlights that are brighter than Stacey.”

Erica  “Ryan has the worst B.O. in the world.”  “Ewwww” came the chorus once again.

As Dave stepped outside he could see his mother waiting in their minivan.  She yelled to him through the open passenger side window.  “Hurry up sweetie, we need to get going.”

Dave hopped in the passenger’s side “Maaa, that’s embarrassing.”

“Keep it up, next time I’ll wear a bathrobe and curlers in my hair.”  She said with a smile.

“Hi Mrs. Smith!” Darlene was waving to Cindy from the sidewalk.

“Hi Darlene, have a nice day.”  Cindy waved.

“OK, I will.  I’ll see you tomorrow!”

As they drove away, Cindy raised her eyebrows.  “See you tomorrow?”

“We got paired up as project partners.  She’s coming over to talk about our first assignment.”

“Good, she’s much more polite than the other kids you usually hang out with.  Do you ever see Steve anymore?  He has a mouth like a sailor.”  She said with a frown.

“No, I don’t see him a lot.  He’s always grounded…for swearing.”  Dave chuckled at the last part while Cindy just shook her head.

Dave was sitting on the edge of an exam table chatting with his mom who sat a few feet away.

Doctor Clark was reading David’s medical chart as she walked into the room.  “Hi David, it’s nice to see you again.”  The doctor gave him his usual checkup and wrote a lot of notes in his chart before finally checking his spine.

“All right, now we’re going to take some blood samples for additional testing.  I’m also going to schedule a bone density scan.”

“Additional testing?  Is everything all right?” Cindy said with concern.

“About his height and weight.” the doctor began.

David smiled with anticipation.  The nurse had already measured his height and weight but didn’t say much to David.  He couldn’t wait to find out how much he had grown.

“Mrs. Smith, according to his records, David is half an inch shorter and 6 pounds lighter than he was when he had his last check up, six months ago.  I thought the loss of height might have been due to curvature of the spine but his spine is perfectly straight.  I want to check his bone density to make sure there’s no deterioration.”

David’s mouth dropped and his face went pale.  It looked like he had just seen a ghost.  “Shorter?  How could I be getting shorter?” he kept thinking.  He just couldn’t believe it.  While all of his classmates were getting taller, he was getting shorter!  This was a real blow to his ego.   He was doing his best to contain his grief but two tears rolled down his cheeks as the doctor took blood samples.  “We’re almost done David, you’re doing great.” the doctor said, mistakenly thinking he was crying because of the needle used to take his blood.

The doctor sat down to speak with Cindy and David after the physical portion of the exam was complete.

“Mrs. Smith, I don’t want you or your son to be alarmed.  It’s possible there was a mix up with David’s record.  Someone could have entered the incorrect information during his last check up.  I just want to order the bone density scan and blood work to be certain.  But even if everything does come back negative, David’s still a bit under weight for his height.”

Cindy “He eats well when he’s at home.”

“I’m sure he does, he’s not extremely underweight.  However, active children can burn a lot of calories.  I’m writing down an over the counter nutritional formula for him.  I suggest giving him one of these shakes per day in addition to his regular meals.  If he’s very active or doesn’t sit down to eat like he should then you can give him a second.  This formula is usually given to children a little younger than David.  However, shakes that are marketed towards teenagers and pre-teens, typically contain more sugar and sodium than I’m comfortable with.”

The Doctor handed Cindy a slip of paper with MyEssentials Complete Formula for Children, written across it.

Cindy now asked Doctor Clark a follow up question.  “Do you think any of this has to do with his recent bedwetting problem?”  David turned as if he was going to say something to his mom but she raised her hand to keep him silent.”

“I don’t think so.  You did tell the nurse he’s been under a lot of stress lately.  It’s not too uncommon for children his age to have this type of problem.  Does the family have a history of bedwetting?”

David started to shake his head not but his mom gave a firm “Yes.”  This got his attention.

“I know his father had the same issue and I believe his grandfather did as well.”  Cindy looked at David.  “Your father used to joking call it The Family Curse.  I never said anything because I didn’t want you to worry about something that might never happen.”  She said with a sympathetic smile.

“Right now I think the bedwetting is just due to his recent stress.  If his blood tests suggest otherwise, I’ll let you know.  I’ll note his records for the follow up exam and have the nurse give you some informational pamphlets on the way out.  You can also look into what’s out there to help minimize any accidents.  There are plenty of products like alarms, mattress covers, and protective briefs.”

David finally spoke up.  “Briefs?  What about boxers?   I actually prefer boxers.”

“I think she means things like Pull Ups and diapers, sweetie.”

Doctor Clark “Correct”

“Whoa!  David put his arms out in a stopping motion”

“Not now David, we can discuss this on the way home.  This is not the place for an argument.” His mother shut the conversation right down.

Part 8

The ride home from the doctor’s office was a quiet one.  As they pulled into the parking lot of a small pharmacy, David asked “Can I stay in the van?”

“No, I need you to come in.  We’re here to pick a few things up for you.”

David wouldn’t even look at her.  Cindy grabbed her purse and walked into the store.  David followed behind her without saying a thing.  He didn’t hide his unhappy expression when his mother picked up a shopping basket on her way in.  “How many things did she plan on buying?” he fumed to himself.

Cindy looked at various protein and vitamin shakes but couldn’t find MyEssentials Complete Formula for Children.  She finally asked an employee who walked past her. 

“That should be in isle 7, ma’am.”

Cindy made her way across the store.  “Great” she thought as she saw the sign above the isle.  “David’s already pouting, this might send him over the edge into an all out tantrum.”  Isle 7 was one of the baby isles.  It contained baby food, formulas, bottles, cups, bibs, just about everything you would need to feed an infant or toddler.  She tried to act as nonchalant as she stepped into the isle.

David didn’t read the sign above him but immediately upon entering the isle “Really Ma!?! You can’t be serious!?!  I don’t need …”

“David!”  Cindy cut him off.  “It’s just a powder mix we’re going to add to milk, that’s all.  Don’t read too much into it.”

“Errrr!” David was turning red.  Cindy turned and pointed her index finger at him. “Stop it right now.  Just stop it.” she said through pursed lips.  “The sooner we get what we need, the sooner we’ll be out of here.  If you keep acting like this you’re just dragging it out.”  She turned back to look for the formula.  David looked like a pouty child as he crossed his arms and furrowed his brow.

When she found the nutrient mix she threw it into her basket and began walking to the next isle over.  “Lets go” she said as she passed David. 

“I’m not staying here!”  David said as they walked into the diaper isle.  As he turned to walk away Cindy grabbed him by the arm.  “I swear I will ground you for the next month if you don’t change your attitude right now, young man!  No video games, no TV, no going outside.  You’ll stay in and clean the house for the next month.”  David didn’t look at his mother but he also didn’t try to pull away or talk back.  It wouldn’t be the first time his mother had grounded him.  He certainly didn’t want to spend the next month cleaning the house, he hated cleaning.

Cindy picked up a package of Pampers, UnderJams from the shelf.  “They have a few different brands that will fit you.  Why don’t you look around and tell me which one you like best?”  She went to hand David the package but he wouldn’t touch it.  “Just grab something and lets go.” he said irritably.  Cindy sighed and gave him a look.  “I don’t what you’re worried about?  No one will know you even wear them.”

David just stood there and didn’t say a thing.  “Yeah, no one will EVER find out about your diapers.”  David spun around to see a girl around his age, maybe a little younger, who he had never met before.  She had a hand over her mouth and was clearly giggling at him.  She was standing next to her mother.  The woman had a baby in one arm and was picking up a package of diapers with her free hand.  “Andrea!” her mother said.  “That’s not funny!  Lets go, now!”

“I’m sorry about that.” the woman said to Cindy as she walked by.

David’s face was beat red and when he looked back at Cindy he had tears in his eyes.  He was shaking and looked like he was about to explode.  “Here” Cindy handed him the keys to the minivan. “Take these and wait in the van.  I’ll be right out.”  David grabbed the keys to the van and half walked half ran out the door.  Cindy grabbed a few more items and threw them into the basket before going to the checkout counter.

When they got home, David went straight to his room and slammed his door.  Cindy was carrying the bags in as she heard his door slam shut.  “He’s really pushing it!”  However, she decided the best thing to do right now was to let him cool off.  An hour later she called him down for dinner.

“Slow down, you’re going to choke.” Cindy said as Dave quickly took large bites of his hamburger.  He was eating as fast as he could so he could go back to his room.  He took another big bite.  Ketchup squeezed out from the back of the hamburger bun, dripped down his shirt and landed in his lap.  “Really David?  Maybe you should do the laundry for the rest of the week?  Will that slow you down?  You really need to start paying more attention when you eat.”

Dave wiped the ketchup off his shirt and pants with a napkin.  All he succeeded in doing was to grind and smear the ketchup deeper into his clothes.  “I’m done.” he said as he swallowed his last bite.  He got up to leave.

“Go up and change for bed.  Bring the clothes you’re wearing back down so I can get those stains out.  Then you can do your homework in the living room.”

“I can do my homework in my room.” David snapped back.

“That’s it!  Tomorrow, you’re grounded!  Keep going and we’ll make it a week!”  Cindy wanted to be supportive for David but she wouldn’t let him keep talking back.

As David walked by the couch on his way upstairs, Cindy spoke up again.  “Your new bedtime underwear are on the couch.  Put one on when you change.  We need to make sure they fit you correctly.”

David picked up the package of UnderJams and looked at it.  “Ma, I don’t want to wear these!  They’re an ugly green and Pampers is written right across the package!”

“You had your chance to pick whatever you wanted but you refused.  You wanted me to grab something quickly and that’s what you got.  And do not dare to come back down here without one on!”

Dave sat on his bed and read the package.  “Pampers” was the very top word.  “Fantastic.” he said with a moan.  He then read the rest of the package.  “UnderJams Bedtime Underwear with Pampers leak protection.  NightLock overnight protection .”  He pulled out an UnderJam and placed the package on top of his dresser.  The UnderJam crinkled as he ran his hand over it.  “Well, let’s get this over with.”  He pulled it on like he would any other pair of underwear.  He could definitely feel the thickness between his legs.  He walked around his room, bent down, and lifted his legs at different angles.  They were actually pretty flexible.  However, they were snug by design.  He was used to wearing loose fitting boxer shorts.  The fit, thickness, and slight crinkle were all something he would have to get used to.  He also didn’t care for the color, especially the pair with the solid green design.  Oh well, it’s not like he was going to be wearing them around the house after tonight.  After his mom saw that they fit, he would only be putting them on right before bed.  That knowledge made Dave feel a little better.

David walked downstairs in his pajamas and handed his mom the ketchup stained t-shirt and jeans.  “Well?” she asked, raising her eyebrows.

“Well what?” David really didn’t want to have this conversation.

“Well how do they fit David?” she was more to the point.

“They fit fine.  I’m going to do my homework.”  Dave walked over to the couch.

“Wait just a second Mister” Cindy said suspiciously.  “Let me see the waistband.”

David pulled the waistband of his pajama bottoms down far enough on his right hip so his mother could see the UnderJam beneath.  “See?”

“OK.  Start your homework.  I’m going to try and save these stained clothes.”

An hour later as David finished up his homework, his mom walked in holding two hot fudge sundaes.  David smiled as he took one.  They sat and ate their sundaes on the couch while watching TV. “That was good” Dave said as he finished his sundae and wiped chocolate sauce off of his pajama shirt.

“Yeah, we both needed it.  Today was pretty rough on both of us.” Cindy smiled.  She stood up “Don’t worry, I’ll bring the bowls out to the dishwasher.  You go up and get ready for bed.”

“Thanks Ma” David gave his mother a big hug.

“Good night sweetie” Cindy said with a smile.  Like she had dozens of times in the past, she gave her son a swat on the butt as he walked away.  However, this time there was a dull THUMP as she swatted the UnderJam through his thin pajama bottoms.

David stiffened as heard the noise and felt the dull thump on his butt.

Cindy stiffened as she heard the thump and slight crinkle as David took a tentative of step forward and froze.

Cindy “…See you in the morning” Cindy said, trying to be nonchalant and pretending she didn’t notice a thing.

“Yup” David said in a nervous voice, hoping his mother didn’t notice a thing.

• Like 3

This is curious:  the fact that Dave is losing some small height and weight.   We don't see his father so we don't really have any clues there except for what his mother said at the doctor's office.  Thanks for the 2 chapters.  Good work, looking forward to Darlene's project visit at Dave's home.  With all the bad luck he is having, I am sure he is in store for much much more.

Yes I agree with Ellie above, expect the upcoming visit from Darlene to be very "interesting"  For sure she will be getting "to know" a whole lot more about Davey than she knows now.  Interesting name, as I was called same when I was young.

Expect this wetting problem to keep getting worse as well as something about a curse, it can only get worse!

@Pierry Louys I only had the first two chapters prewritten.  At this point I’m writing as I go along but I know what I want to put into the story.  I’m going to try to complete a chapter every week or two for now. 

I do have an ending planned out.  However, I want to write this story for a while.  I’ll probably try to keep it going as long as I can think of things to write about.

Thanks for the comments and please feel free to message me any ideas you may like to see in the story.  I can’t say for sure I’ll be able to write them in but I’ll do my best!  :)

@ELLIE52 and @deewet  Yes!  Lots of information still to come.  Hmmm, I keep hearing something about a curse.  I have to tell you, I just don’t believe in them.  I’m sure Miss ELDRITCH and Darlene FAYborn would agree.  :lol:

I’ll be working on a chapter over the next few days.  Hopefully I’ll have it written and proof read by the end of the weekend.  This is a busy week for me though so we’ll see what happens.

Thanks for reading!

1 hour ago, Face_Palm said:

@Pierry Louys I only had the first two chapters prewritten.  At this point I’m writing as I go along but I know what I want to put into the story.  I’m going to try to complete a chapter every week or two for now. 

I do have an ending planned out.  However, I want to write this story for a while.  I’ll probably try to keep it going as long as I can think of things to write about.

Thanks for the comments and please feel free to message me any ideas you may like to see in the story.  I can’t say for sure I’ll be able to write them in but I’ll do my best!  :)

@ELLIE52 and @deewet  Yes!  Lots of information still to come.  Hmmm, I keep hearing something about a curse.  I have to tell you, I just don’t believe in them.  I’m sure Miss ELDRITCH and Darlene FAYborn would agree.  :lol:

I’ll be working on a chapter over the next few days.  Hopefully I’ll have it written and proof read by the end of the weekend.  This is a busy week for me though so we’ll see what happens.

Thanks for reading!

One idea it’s Darlene seeing his pampers underjams and his mommy preparing his “baby formula” shake for him and asking Darlene to giving him , but she switch the cups for a Sippy cup heheheheh 

This one took a little while.  I almost rewrote the entire chapter after proof reading it.  I just decided to go in a different direction than when I wrote it the first time.  This is also the longest chapter so far.

Part 9

Early Thursday morning, Cindy knocked on her son’s door.  When she didn’t get a response she knocked again, opened the door and peeked her head in.  Her son was still sleeping.  She wasn’t surprised, his alarm wouldn’t be going off for another 10 minutes.  “David?”  He began to stir as she stepped into his room and walked over to his bed.  “Sweetie, it’s almost time to get up.”

David half opened his eyes and looked at his mom “my alarm is set.”

“I know but I’m going to be on conference calls all morning and I wanted to speak with you first.  I made eggs for breakfast and your lunch is on the kitchen table. I’ll be in my downstairs office but please don’t disturb me unless it’s really necessary, OK?” 

Dave nodded yes.

“Can you get up now and start getting ready for school.”

David opened his eyes the rest of the way and pulled his sheet off.  He still wasn’t fully awake as he sat up in bed.  However, he woke up pretty quickly when he felt a yucky, squishy feeling under his butt.  He got out of bed thinking he was lying on wet sheets again.  His bed sheets looked perfectly dry.   Then he remembered he wore an UnderJam to bed.  As he looked down at his UnderJam he could see it sagging low between his legs.  He had obviously soaked it during the night.  Last night his UnderJam was fairly flat even though it was a bit bulky between the legs.  This morning the thick padding had ballooned out from the top of the front all the way to the top of the back.  It was at least 10 times thicker than when he went to bed.  Starting from right beneath his belly button all the way between his legs and then back up to the small of his back, the padding was thick and squishy.  

David bent his knees and spread his feet apart to take a wide stance.  “Oh gross.”  He waddled a couple of steps towards his bedroom door.  He grimaced as he looked up at his mom

“Oh sweetie, you need to go take a shower.  You really wet your pants.”  Her son’s diaper was sagging low as he stood bent kneed with his feet out wide.  Poor David suddenly started to waddle across his room, saggy diaper and all.  She immediately put her hand in front of her mouth to hide her smile and stifle her laugh.  David looked at her with a truly pathetic look on his face. “I’ll be in the bathroom.”  She had to bite her tongue to keep from laughing as he waddled away.  “OK sweetie, just throw your diaper in the bathroom waste basket.  I’ll put it in the trash later this afternoon.”

“It’s not a diaper!” he said in an irritated tone.

“Night time pants!  I meant night time pants!” she quickly corrected.  Her voice was a little more animated than she hoped to let on.  She felt bad that she had to fight back her laughter but the sight her waddling son had caught her totally off guard this morning.  It was the exact waddle he used to do when he was an unhappy toddler in a wet diaper.  She quickly turned her back to him as he waddled towards the bathroom.  If he saw her while she was facing him she would have been caught.  Her hand covered her mouth and her chest heaved up and down as she tried to hold in her laughter.

Dave waddled to middle of the bathroom after closing the door.  He still stood wide legged as he looked down as his very swollen UnderJam.  The design on this one showed a surf board, palm trees, and a boy on a skateboard.  He tentatively poked the swollen padding.  Dave shook his head in resignation as his finger dented his squishy pants.  His groin and bum felt clammy as his training pants held in the moisture from last night’s accident.  He reached down and ripped one of the tear away sides.  He held it with two hands so it wouldn’t just fall to the floor as he tore the second side open.  Holy cow, this thing must weigh like 5 pounds.  I can’t believe it held this much.  It landed with a heavy PLOP as he dropped his soaked training pants into the basket.

Cindy could hear the shower running as she knocked at the bathroom door.  “Great news!” she yelled through it.  “Your sheets are completely dry.  Your diap…night time pants did their job.”

Yeah…wonderful news.” came David’s less than enthusiastic reply.

Cindy stood up from the desk in her home office and stretched.  She had a long day and was glad it was just about over.  David would be getting home soon and she needed to discuss a few things with him.  He got himself ready this morning and quietly left for school while she was on her first conference call.  He was good like that.  He usually tried his best not to disturb her while she was working.  Her day had started well enough.  She was in a fairly joyful mood after having a quick laugh at her poor son’s morning waddle.  Her first conference call was long but ended on a positive note.  Then came the conversation with Charles, the Executive Vice President of the company she worked for.  Cindy and her coworkers believed she was a shoo-in for the Head of Marketing position that recently opened up.  She was still a little steamed as she thought about their conversation. 

“I’m sorry Cynthia, but my mind is made up.  Steve Wilkins is the new Head of Marketing.”

“Steve Wilkins!?!  Steve Wilkins hasn’t been working here half as long as I have.  And he never even worked in our division.  I agree he’s charismatic but…”  Cindy gave a great argument about her hard work in the division, how well she knew their customers and how well they liked her.  She even followed it up with a spreadsheet showing how her projects had positively affected to company’s profits.  Unfortunately, it fell on deaf ears.

“Steve has a kind of…air we would like to present to our clients.  He’s been around and he’s experienced.  That’s all there is to it.”  It was clear that Charles was ending his argument about his decision.

“A kind of air?” Cindy thought.  She knew what Charles meant.  He wouldn’t say it out loud for legal purposes but she knew.  Steve Wilkins had a confident smile, was fairly tall, and had a full head of white/silver hair.  Cindy was in her early thirties and looked like she was in her mid to late twenties.  Did Charles think she looked too young to their customers?  She would never know since he was too smart to ever come out and say that.

“Fine, it’s nice to know how well appreciated I am.” Cindy said in a flat tone.

“Look, Cynthia, I don’t want you to feel like that.  We’ve been working together for over a decade and you’re doing great.  I’ll tell you what, we have a huge project coming up next week with Galaxy Software Corporation.  I’ll send you the information.  I’ll let you lead the project if you think you a can impress them enough to get them to sign with us.  If you land them as a new customer I’ll push to have you named V.P. of Marketing.”

“Charles, if you give me a shot at Galaxy Software, you won’t be disappointed.”

Cindy was in the kitchen when she heard David walk in the front door.  “David, I’m in the kitchen, can you come in here please?” 

“OK, just a minute Ma.”

“David, I need to speak with you.”  David came running into the kitchen and nearly bowled into Cindy.  “Whoa, slow down there, Speedy.  It’s not that important.” Cindy laughed.  Dave was fidgeting quite a bit and was holding his groin with both hands.  “Are you OK?”

Hopping around, David replied “No, I have to pee really bad.”

“Well go on then sweetie.  Get going.”  Dave ran off toward the bathroom while Cindy shook her head and smiled.  10 minutes later Dave walked through the kitchen, past his mother and into the laundry room.  He was carrying a sports magazine in one hand and a pair of underwear in the other.  When he walked back into the kitchen to speak with his mom, he only had the magazine with him.

“What happened?” she asked in a sympathetic voice.  She was pretty sure already knew the gist of it.

“I had to go pee during recess but Ryan Miller and a couple of other kids were hanging out in the restroom.  Ryan chased me out so I figured I would just hold it until I got home.  My jeans are fine, they’re not wet at all.” He said, trying to make it sound better.

“And the underwear you dropped off in the laundry room?”

Dave was now blushing furiously.  “…They’re wet.”  He said in a low voice.

Cindy sighed.  “It’s OK Sweetie, I’ll take care of them…this time.  You know, some day you’re going to have to stand up to this bully of yours.  You can’t be coming home in wet underpants every day.  If you’re too scared to deal with him you need to tell your teacher what’s happening.  Because if you don’t and this keeps up I’ll tell her myself.”

“No!  Kids will make fun of me if I go running to the teacher.  And I’m not scared!” David said in a defensive voice.

“Well, unless you plan on wearing your UnderJams to school every day, you had better speak with your teacher soon.  Besides being run out of the bathroom, how was rest of your school today?”

Dave looked at his mother and shrugged “It was OK, nothing really interesting.  Darlene’s coming over in a little while.  I don’t think she’ll be here long though.  We’re just going to make a plan about when and where we’re going to meet to work on our project.”

“Well, no video games or TV this afternoon.  Don’t forget, you’re still grounded because of last night.  I hope you don’t plan on fighting with me about doing your homework and putting on your night time underwear every night.  If you do then you’re going to find yourself having very little fun and doing a whole lot of housework.  Do you understand?”  Cindy didn’t speak in an angry tone but she was serious enough for Dave to listen to her.

“I understand” he said in a glum voice.  “But what about when Darlene gets here?  Can I at least put the TV on when she’s here?”

“OK, but ONLY because you have company coming over.  You should be thanking her for that.  But, first things first.  You need to start drinking your formula.” 

“Ma!” David interjected.

“Right!  Ahhh…nutrient formula.  Nutrient Shake!  Yes, your nutrient…shake.” Cindy corrected.  I’m going to make half now and you can have the other half with dinner.  I’m cooking your favorite tonight, spaghetti.” she smiled. 

She grabbed the milk and canister of MyEssentials Complete Formula for Children.  The canister had pictures of 3 children on it.  Each child was at a different stage of life.  There was a toddler, a preschooler around 5 years, and a child she figured to be around age 7.  The nutrient mix itself was an off white color.  It looked just like baby formula to her.  Not that she would tell that to David.  Lifting the canister she sniffed the contents.  She immediately scrunched her nose and pulled her head away.  “Nasty” she thought as her mouth turned down in a frown.  Luckily, she was facing towards the counter and had her back to David.  If he ever saw her reaction she might never get him to drink it.  She poured half a serving into a small glass of milk and stirred it well.

As she finished stirring the drink she heard David ask “What flavor is it Ma?”

“OK, time to think positive.  Be positive!” she said to herself.  She turned with a smile on her face and handed the glass to her son.  “It’s one flavor fits all.  I’m sure it will be fine.  You probably won’t even taste it in the milk.”

“Cool” was all he said.  He was only half paying attention to their conversation as he read his sports magazine.  With his free hand he took the glass without hesitation or second thought.  He turned to walk into the living room.  With his eyes still on the magazine he took a big chug of his shake.

BOOM  Dave stopped like he hit a brick wall.  He immediately turned towards his mother.

“Aggghhh.  That’s not true!  I taste it.  I taste all of it.”  As he spoke, some of the mixture that he hadn’t yet swallowed poured out of his mouth and onto his shirt.

Cindy saw the disgusted look on his face.  Then she noticed the mess dripping down David’s chin and onto his shirt.  She quickly grabbed a sponge from the sink.  “Oh come on, really David?  You’re getting formula all over your new blue shirt.” she said as she dabbed his shirt with the sponge and tried her best to minimize a potential stain.

“Put down the magazine, sit at the table, and finish your drink.”

“Ma, really?  This is disgusting.” Dave whined.

Cindy gave him a look.  “It’s only a small glass.  Hold your nose and drink it quickly.  It will be gone before you know it.”

“Now, we need to talk about the next couple of months.”  Cindy continued as David slowly sat down and sipped his foul tasting formula.

“OK” Dave nodded.

“Over the next six weeks or so I’m going to be leading a team on a big project.   It’s REALLY important for me.  Unfortunately, since I’m leading the team I have to work out of the main office, I can’t work from home.”

“No problem.” Dave continued to nod.

“No, it is a problem.  I’m going to be exhausted.  I’ll be getting up at 4:00 AM and won’t get home until 6 or 7 o’clock every night.  I was thinking of just giving you money for pizza, and getting some microwavable food that you could make yourself.  But after I thought about it, that’s a really bad idea.  The doctor is already concerned about your diet and the food you would be eating is horrible for you.”  She sat down at the kitchen table before hitting David with her next sentence.  “That’s why I started calling around to day care centers and babysitters today.”

“Ma, I’ll be fine!  I can take care of myself.” David protested

“Really?  You’ve never used the stove.  Besides microwavable food, you’ve never cooked a thing in your life.  I’m going to be too exhausted to make your meals for you.  And if I wasn’t here to make sure you drink…that.” she pointed at his half empty glass.  “I’m more than willing to bet you would pour it right down the sink.”

David looked away from his mother and stared at the table.  He was pissed but he didn’t say anything.  He was especially upset that she was correct.  He had no idea how to cook on the stove.  And as usual, his mother knew him too well.  Just a moment ago he was hatching a plan to bring this disgusting drink upstairs with him and pour it down the bathroom sink.

“Your Aunt Wendy lives too far away for you to go to her house every day.  I called your old babysitter but she’s away at college.  I also called a few day care centers.”

“Day care Ma?  Really?”

“They have after school programs for bigger kids, Sweetie.  Don’t worry, it’s a last resort.  There’s only one center nearby that stays open until 7:00 PM.  On top of their usual fees, they charge extra for anyone staying later than 6 o’clock.  The cost would be an absolute killer.”

“Well, I can always stay home alone.  I’ll let you think about it.”  Dave got up and started walking away.

“David, come back here and finish your drink.”

David walked back over and with a grim look on his face, pinched his nose shut and quickly gulped down the rest of the foul drink.

“Good job, now give me that shirt and go put a different one on.”  Dave gave his mother the stained shirt and went upstairs.  As she walked into the laundry room Cindy muttered “And I thought my days of removing formula and pee stains from clothing were over…silly me.”

Dave had just walked back downstairs when there was a knock at the front door.  Darlene stood outside wearing a light blue shirt and flowing black skirt that ended just below her knees.  She had a black and purple backpack slung over one shoulder.

“Hey Darlene, come on in.” he said in the most positive tone he could muster.  If he was stuck working with her he might as well try to be nice to her.  And his mother said she would ground him if he was as rude to Darlene today as he was the other day.

“Thank you Davie.”  Darlene said with a smile as she stepped into the living room.  She was about to say something else when Dave’s mom started yelling to him from the other room. 

“David, I don’t care how bad your formula tastes, you can’t just spit it out.”

“Ma!” David yelled.  “Oh my God, I can’t believe this” he thought.

“ You may have ruined your new shirt as well as your underwear today.”

“Ma stop!”  He yelled even louder.

“What is your problem lately?”  Cindy asked as she entered the living room carrying an empty laundry.  She was walking at a brisk pace but came to an immediate stop when she saw Darlene.  “Oh…hi Darlene.” she said with and uncomfortable smile.  “I…I didn’t hear you come in.”

“Hi Mrs. Smith, I actually just got here.  I rode my bike so I was here in no time.”

“OK, well you kids can do your work.  I was just going upstairs to grab some more laundry.”  When Darlene walked over to the couch, Cindy looked at David and silently mouthed “I’m so sorry.” before disappearing up the stairs.

There was an awkward silence as Darlene sat on the couch and Dave stood in the middle of the room.  “Would you like a drink?” he asked, hoping to avoid the whole conversation that just took place.

“That would be great thank you.  It’s so hot out today.  I thought I was going to die riding my bike over here.  I’ll have a glass of water.”

“No problem” Dave smiled nervously.  He thought he was in the clear as he stepped into the kitchen.  Then he heard “Because I don’t drink formula.”   Even though he couldn’t see her face he could tell by the tone of her voice that she was grinning.

After the initial awkwardness disappeared, Dave and Darlene got along really well.  After her initial jab, Darlene hadn’t made a single snarky comment.  And thank goodness, Dave avoided sticking his foot in his mouth.  They couldn’t really do much planning for the project since Dave’s after school schedule was still up in the air.

They were soon chatting about TV shows, music, and other kids in their class.  They were laughing and having a good time when Cindy popped her head into the living room.  “Darlene, will you be staying for dinner?  I made plenty of food.”

Darlene looked hesitant.  “My mom’s spaghetti is really good.” David smiled.

“OK, I’ll stay.  Thank you very much.”

“Great, I’ll start setting the table.  David, why don’t you go wash your hands?” Cindy said as she went back into the kitchen.

David and Darlene both washed their hands in the upstairs bathroom.  “Oh cool posters.  Is that your room?” Darlene asked as they walked past it.

“Yeah, want to check it out?”

David’s room was typical for a preteen.  They talked about his computer and the posters on his wall.  A couple of minutes later Dave was looking at a poster of his favorite band and telling Darlene about it.  Then from the corner of his eye he saw the flash of a camera.  Something had caught her attention.  “What did you take a picture of?” Dave asked with a smile.

“Pampers” Darlene said while holding her phone and taking a second picture.

Dave was confused for a moment.  “What?” He then followed her gaze over to his dresser.  “NO!” David’s mind screamed.  Right smack on the top of his dresser sat his package of Pampers, UnderJams.

He placed the package there the night before when he put one on for the first time.  He quickly thought of a few lies to tell Darlene as to why the package could have ended up on his dresser.  Even the best lies he could think of didn’t sounded very plausible.  If Darlene told his classmates he would be destroyed.  “I…those are… ” David couldn’t think of anything to say.  His mouth had suddenly gone dry and he felt 10 degrees hotter than he had a moment ago.  They had been getting along so well before this happened.  He felt like everything was crashing down around him.

As Dave stumbled with his words, Darlene’s face turned into an expression of pure mischief.  “Smile” she held her phone up and snapped a picture of David.

With a mixed look of dread and misery Dave could only choke out two words “Darlene…please?”

With a grin like a cat she replied “Please what?  Darlene, please help I wet my bed?  Oh wait, how about this one?  Darlene, please help me I went pee pee in my diaper!”  She put on a mock pout.

David’s skin prickled and his eyes began to burn as Darlene mocked him.  “Please don’t tell anyone.”  David put his hands together and pleaded with Darlene.  “Please please please?”

Darlene’s smile widened as David pleaded with her.  She walked to his dresser and pulled an UnderJam from the package.  She held it out to David.  “Put this on.”  She was now full on gloating. 

“What?  No.” Dave had fear in his eyes at Darlene’s demand.

“Put it on and wear it for the rest of the night or I’ll send these pictures to Joanne.”  Darlene held up her phone.

Dave quickly grabbed the UnderJam.  “OK!  Please, just don’t send them.”

“Good boy, I’ll be waiting in the hall.  You have 2 minutes or I send the pictures.”  Darlene closed the door behind her as she left.

Two minutes?  Dave’s mind was racing.  OK, I have to move quickly.  I’ll do what she says and maybe she’ll be nice to me and erase the pictures.  That’s what I’ll do.  If I kill her with kindness for the rest of the night maybe she’ll be nice in return?  As quick as he could he pulled off his jeans and underwear.  He felt the padding between his legs and heard a slight rustle as he pulled up his training pants.  As he pulled his jeans back on he called to Darlene.

She entered his room and walked directly to him.  “Stand still” she commanded.  David stood as stiff as a board as Darlene lifted his T-Shirt all the way up to his chest.  She could clearly see the top of his UnderJam above his baggy pants.  “Awww who’s a big boy?”  With both hands she roughly pulled his shirt down.

“Ugh” David lurched forward a bit and let out a grunt as his T-Shirt pulled down hard on his shoulders.

“Kids, dinner’s ready.”  Cindy called from downstairs.

They stood motionless for a moment.  Finally Darlene broke the silence. “Dinner’s ready” she said, never dropping the grin from her face.  She grabbed Dave by the wrist and towed him behind her like he was a toddler being guided by an adult.  She let go of his wrist about halfway down the stairs, right before Cindy was able to see them.

Cindy was smiling as both kids walked over to the table.  “Are you alright?” she asked David.  He seemed like he was in a bit of a daze.  Dave stood near his chair but didn’t sit down and he still hadn’t said a word.

“Everything’s been great!  We were just saying how nice today has been, right Davie?” Darlene answered Cindy’s question using the nicest smile and sweetest voice she could.

Dave was taken off guard but he was able to put on a quick smile.  “Oh…yeah, today’s been a great day.  Darlene’s awesome, probably the best project partner I could get.”

“Well, I’m glad you’re both having such a nice time.” Cindy said with a bright smile.  “Oh, I almost forgot the cheese.”  Cindy got up and walked into the kitchen.

Darlene watched her walk away.  The moment Cindy was out of sight, Darlene walked over and sat David in his chair.  She picked up his fork and placed it in his hand.  She leaned in close to his ear and whispered “Eat all of your dinner little Davie.  I want you to clean your plate.”

Dave looked up at her and nodded.  “Anything you want, please don’t tell.”  He began eating his spaghetti.  He decided his best chance was to plead with her again after dinner.  She seemed to like his mom.  He didn’t want to get his mom involved but she might be his only hope.  Maybe she could convince Darlene to keep his secret?  This thought actually calmed him down a little as he ate.

During dinner, Dave wiggled his butt around in his seat a few times.  He was trying to sit still to avoid any unnecessary crinkling noise but he just wasn’t used to wearing such thick, tight underwear.  His training pants were beginning to annoy him.

“Do you have ants in your pants tonight David?” his mother asked in a light tone.

“Not comfy this evening?” Darlene said with a grin.

“I’m just having a hard time getting comfortable in this chair.”

“Well all these kitchen chairs are the same.  The only different one I saw is your cousin’s highchair.  Your mom or I could go get it for you if it will help you settle down.”  David stopped fidgeting and sat still.  Darlene lightly nudged Dave on the shoulder.  “Oh come on Davie, don’t look so scared.  It was just a joke.” she smiled sweetly.

“Oh he’s probably just nervous because it’s actually big enough for him to fit into.” Cindy smiled and winked at David.  She had no idea there was anything more than light hearted teasing going on between Darlene and David.

Darlene and Cindy chatted like long lost friends throughout their meal.  Darlene was telling Cindy some of the funniest things she had seen while babysitting.  Cindy then told Darlene a few stories about David when he was a toddler.  “I could never keep a diaper on him during the day.  Two minutes after I would dress him he would tear off his clothes.  His bare bum was always running through the kitchen and around the living room.”  They both had wide, genuine smiles on their faces as they laughed and looked at David.

“Ma, come on.” David laughed as he blushed.

Darlene was smiling at David when she said “I hate to change the subject but” she then looked at Cindy.  “Will Davie and I be able to meet during the week to work on our school project together?  He mentioned that you have a big work project so we may not be able to meet after school.  That’s going to make it really hard for us.”

Cindy frowned a little.  “I’m sorry if that makes things difficult for you two.  I still have to decide where David will stay after school.  His old babysitter can’t do it.  Not that you need a babysitter David!”  Cindy quickly added the last sentence as she saw Dave about to put up an argument.  “However, I need to find someone who can cook you dinner and keep an eye on you.  I don’t need you tearing the house down or hanging out on the streets all day while I’m at work.  Hopefully I can find someone soon.  The after school daycare center is really expensive.  It’s well worth finding a babysitter for 12 dollars an hour to watch him at home.”

Darlene was finishing her dinner as Cindy was speaking.  She seemed to be listening intently as she chewed her spaghetti.  However, she actually felt like her head was going to explode with excitement.  $12 an hour!!!  That’s double what she usually made for babysitting!  She needed to sell Cindy on the idea of paying her that money.

Everyone finally finished their meal.  “How would you kids like ice cream for dessert?”  Both kids nodded.  “Great, give me a few minutes to get it.”

As Cindy walked out of the room Darlene and David quickly looked at each other.  Dave was the first to speak as he blurted out.  “Please Darlene don’t’ tell anyone about the UnderJames.  I’ll be super nice to you all school year!  I’ll do your homework!  I’ll…ummm I’ll do whatever you want!”

Darlene got an idea.  She suddenly had a very friendly, very innocent smile on her face.  “OK Davie, I promise not to tell anyone about your Pampers.”  She called them Pampers on purpose.  She thought it would sound more demeaning to Davie.  She knew it worked when he grimaced at that word.  “However, you need to do something for me.  You’re going to help me convince your mom that I should be the one to babysit you.”

“What?  No!  I can’t have you as a babysitter.  I mean…why on earth would you want to babysit me?”

“It’s simple, I have to be with you anyway to work on projects.  Why shouldn’t I get 12 bucks an hour while I’m here?”  She then started getting more excited.   “If I babysit you for 4 or 5 hours a day I can buy all sorts of stuff I’ve been wanting.”  She then took on a more serious tone.  “That’s what I get out of the deal.  You, well you get to keep your Pampers and formula a secret from everyone.” she smiled.

Dave was hesitant “I don’t know…isn’t there anything else you want?”

“Fine, I’ll sweeten the deal.  Not only will I keep your secret but I’ll be nice to you in class and say nice things about you to Joann.  I may even let you help decide what I say to her.  She spreads information in no time.”  David still looked hesitant so Darlene got up and walked over to where he sat.  She reached down and lifted his shirt, exposing his UnderJam.  “Did you wet your diaper yet Davie?” she said with malice.

With a stunned look on his face he quickly pulled his T-Shirt out of her grasp and coved his diaper.

“See, it’s not a very difficult choice.  If you say no, everyone will make fun of you…EVERYONE.  If you say yes, not only will your school life be saved but you also might gain some new friends.  But we only have a deal if I get this babysitting job!”

Dave didn’t have much of a choice.  He nodded his head.  “OK, but what if I help you and my mom still says no?”

He didn’t get an answer.  Right after he asked the question, Cindy came back into the kitchen with 3 bowls of ice cream and placed them on the table.

Dave looked at his everyone’s bowl of ice cream.  “Why do I get less ice cream than you two?”

Cindy looked at him “Because you still have to drink your shake after this. Don’t think I forgot about it.”

As they began eating their dessert, Darlene sprung the question.  “Mrs. Smith, I was thinking.  I could babysit Davie right here for you.  That would solve problems for all of us.  You wouldn’t have to drive around after work to pick him up from a daycare or babysitter’s house.  You would also save a lot of money hiring me instead paying a daycare center filled with employees you don’t even know.  Davie will get all of his projects done.  He also won’t be alone and getting into trouble after school.  And I get a new babysitting job since the family I used to babysit for moved away.  We would all win.”

Cindy stopped eating and appeared to be choosing her reply carefully.  “Ummm  Darlene, I think you’re a very polite and responsible young lady.  And I’m sure you do a great job babysitting.  However, you and David are the same age.  He might be a little uncomfortable with having you as his babysitter. I was also looking for someone…mmm…a little more experienced.”

As Darlene asked his mom about being his babysitter, David was thinking.  “Well, here goes nothing.  My mom is never going to go for this.  At least if I show Darlene that I made an effort maybe she’ll still keep her side of their bargain?”  David tried to stay calm as he spoke up.  “I think it’s a great idea.  I wouldn’t mind if Darlene babysat me.  She’s probably the most responsible girl in my school.”

It was clear from the expression on her face that Cindy never expected her son to say that.  She spoke slowly.  “I don’t know.  You have to drink your shake every day and if you were to take a nap…there’s something you have to do which may be embarrassing.”  She tried hinting to David without letting Darlene know he had to wear training pants before bed and naps.”

Darlene immediately continued her sales pitch.  “If you mean he would have to wear his UnderJams don’t worry, Davie already told me all about them.  I’ll make sure he puts one on before bed and before he takes any naps.  I won’t let him fall asleep on the couch and get the cushions wet or cause more laundry.  I’ll also make sure he drinks his formula every day and does his homework.” 

Once again Cindy looked stunned.  She never would have expected David to tell anyone about his bedwetting problem.  Maybe Darlene was someone he felt he could confide in?  He could certainly use a friend his age that would be understanding of his situation.

“Not only that but I know how to cook and do laundry.  I have a lot of experience.  Mrs. Smith, if you give me a shot, you won’t be disappointed.”

That last sentence immediately stuck in Cindy’s mind.  That’s the exact thing Cindy said to her boss today.  Yes, Darlene was young but she had experience and worked hard.  This was also something Cindy argued with her boss about.  Ultimately, she was about to turn Darlene down for a babysitting position for the exact unfair reasons she herself was turned down for Head of Marketing.

“OK, you made your case.  You have the job.  It pays $12 an hour Monday through Friday.  I should usually be home by 7 o’clock.  I’ll also leave you extra money for any supplies and food you may need.  What do you think?”

Darlene looked like she won the lottery as she shook Cindy’s had.  “That’s perfect, thank you very much Mrs. Smith.  You won’t be sorry.”

All the while, David sat in stunned silence.  “What just happened?” he thought to himself.  “Darlene is actually my new babysitter?”  He was feeling flush.  Strange though, his groin and butt were even warmer than the rest of him.  That’s when he felt the hot liquid running between his legs and across his bum.  He was wetting his Pampers.

• Like 3