LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I hate computers

15 hours ago, ppdude said:

With regulation the same old ideas are recycled over and over again, expecting a different result. That's insanity.

Makes me think of management in jobs too. They always say the value employee input, but whenever employees have good ideas, those ideas are often times turned away from because they will cost a little money.

3 hours ago, ELLIE52 said:

I used to buy PC after PC since honestly I believe we were experimental money-makers for the different major PC makers.  I finally moved away to the iMac which has lasted (knock on wood) literally forever compared, a vast improvement.  However, I did have to move to console games.  

Your conclusion is dead on. This not only applies to computers but to every piece of Chinese junk you now buy. Nothing is made to last anymore because it's not about pride of workmanship and endurance but making you buy the same products over and over again to keep the cash flowing. Nothing, anymore it seems, is made to last. Quality is gone and pride went with it.

1 hour ago, id0ntknow said:

Makes me think of management in jobs too. They always say the value employee input, but whenever employees have good ideas, those ideas are often times turned away from because they will cost a little money.

Yep. Once a month, the employee suggestion box is emptied by the janitor and thrown in with the trash. That's a company who will go under, or when times get tough, sell themselves to the devil. Eventually, it collapses under its own weight.

Well, good news!

My new Alienware system is here and up and running and it sure is nice.     I took out the hard disk from the old machine and after having to canabalize a SATA cable from another machine (*#@$ DELL All in one used a combination power/SATA cable that won't work in the alienware), it appears the old disk is intact so I have not lost anything.     I'm busy copying stuff off of it now.

It appears the problem with the old system may be a collision between Dell (which doesn't support Windows 10 on this thing) and the Win10 UEFI update.    I may put the disk back in the old system and see if I can get it booted up.    However, it's amazing how nice the new system works.

Specs  (Alienware Aurora R6)
Core i7.   16 GB (probably will upgrade this) memory.

256 GB ssd plus a 2 TB hard disk.
GeForce 1070 with 8 GB
Two 4K Samsung monitors 3480x2160 at 28"

24 minutes ago, willnotwill said:

Well, good news!

My new Alienware system is here and up and running and it sure is nice.     I took out the hard disk from the old machine and after having to canabalize a SATA cable from another machine (*#@$ DELL All in one used a combination power/SATA cable that won't work in the alienware), it appears the old disk is intact so I have not lost anything.     I'm busy copying stuff off of it now.

It appears the problem with the old system may be a collision between Dell (which doesn't support Windows 10 on this thing) and the Win10 UEFI update.    I may put the disk back in the old system and see if I can get it booted up.    However, it's amazing how nice the new system works. More crap to lose and backup. Need a new MB and will get one in the future. Time for a case update also.

Specs  (Alienware Aurora R6)
Core i7.   16 GB (probably will upgrade this) memory.

256 GB ssd plus a 2 TB hard disk.
GeForce 1070 with 8 GB
Two 4K Samsung monitors 3480x2160 at 28"

Doesn't DeLL own Alienware? You may want to start cussing soon!

My system is similar to yours but custom built by me (even though I can't see anything and had to have a little help). Having been in the biz, and having a shop, this computer has 5x HDD's (1, 3, and 6TB) which are totally unnecessary. My SSD is old and is 120Mb but it does the job. Got 16MB RAM, but have a couple broken sockets where sticks corroded. They still are operational but broken.   Mainboard is 6-7 years old, so It needs to be replaced. I can't believe the water cooling hasn't leaked yet. Probably time for a case update too. Hate to do it because my staff put an "Evil Inside" sticker on it that looks like the "Intel Inside" sticker. That was cool. I buy AMD processors which are far less expensive and have better overall performance. Lots of big fans inside too.

Sorry for writing a book.

and Yes, Dell owns Alienware now. In fact they aren't using anything really special in the Alienware machines now either. You just paid extra for a name, no joke.

I didn't pay "extra" for anything.   The Alienware configuration I got was priced competitively with the other options available to me for the items I wanted.

I am quite aware Alienware and Dell are the same people.