LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Screw that

Plumbing is simple, but you must follow simple rules like not feeding a larger drain line into a smaller one, using the gentlest turns possible, and of course sealing all connections. Well at least you've got most of the line fixed now I hope. I wouldn't be banking on that though given what those clowns did.:o

Bettypooh

3 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

Plumbing is simple, but you must follow simple rules like not feeding a larger drain line into a smaller one, using the gentlest turns possible, and of course sealing all connections. Well at least you've got most of the line fixed now I hope. I wouldn't be banking on that though given what those clowns did.:o

Yup. Takes some common sense (a rare thing these days) and skill. I like doing plumbing and have a good grasp of the concepts. I liked to sweat copper because in my view, it's art. I would've pulled the whole line and replaced it and use reducers only if absolutely necessary, avoiding sharp bends and kinks. Sounds like that whole thing was a giant screw up.

If you have ever watched Mike Holmes on cable TV, you will quickly understand that many new housing developments are put up as quickly and cheaply as possible, and the inspections are often just as quick and shoddy.  Plumbing errors, electrical errors, dry wall not installed properly, dryers not vented correctly, concrete not mixed or poured properly, landscaping sloping towards the house causing flooding inside, weather sealing around doors and windows improper, flashing around roofing and your chimney incorrect and a host of other problems including roofing shingles not properly installed.  So many homes he has had to redo over they years, even new homes less than a year old due to builders and contractors either not knowing what they were doing, not caring or just doing it as quick and cheaply as possible to save costs.  Buy a new home, better have a good contract in case of poor construction and clauses to get it fixed no charge if improperly constructed and inspected.  Yeah, right!  Try and get that in a contract!

43 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

either not knowing what they were doing, not caring or just doing it as quick and cheaply as possible to save costs...

You nailed it. The lowest cost worker (inexperienced and unteachable) using the cheapest, low quality materials, and keeping their use to a minimum is the modern definition of "new". New is same definition of junk. Give me the old stuff any day.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, willnotwill said:

This is why I pretty much lived on site when I was building my house AND I HAD A GOOD BUILDER but I did catch some subs cutting serious corners.

Great idea if you can do it!  My uncle is in assisted living and his son is having parts of the house redone.  Complete gutting and updating of the 1940's era kitchen and bathroom down to the studs.  Problem is, the adult son in his 60's lives way across the state and has no idea that when the people doing the work say they have been there 8 hours that day they were only there for 3 hours!  Who knows what is missing from that house or has been thrown away including new kitchen faucet that could have been reused on the new sink they put in.  That, plus the high rate they charge makes me believe my cousin is paying through the nose on this job and being taken advantage of because he can't be there a few days a week to watch over the work.