LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers and anxiety

For about 8/9 years I've suffered from quite afew mental health issues. Anxiety, depression, dp/dr and the doctors also think i might have borderline personality disorder. 

But this isnt about how i deal with all that, nope, its about how wearing diapers has helped some of my anxiety.

Im not sure why but wearing more frequently has surprisingly made me feel more comfortable when im out in public. Usually i get very paranoid about people starring, laughing, talking about me or whatever else my hyperactive mind can think of. Since i pretty much unintentionally swaped my underwear for nappys ive noticed im more at ease with being in public. Btw i dont 'use' them that much but hopefully i will a bit more.

I dont really understand how wearing a diaper make me less anxious when it used to make me even more terrified of people noticing me.

Any ideas?

When I had to start wearing diapers fulltime, I felt that people would stare at me and make fun of me. But found that wearing a diaper brought my stress and depression under control. I talked to several doctors about this and they said the the diaper was in my mind like a security blanket and as long as I had a diaper on my mind though differently. So I understand like you said you felt more comfortable in public when wearing a diaper. I have been wearing fulltime for 12 years and I take minimal doses of depression meds now.

• Like 1

I am a much happier and more relaxed person sine I switched to nappies full time. My wife noticed within a few weeks how I was so much less stressed out. My only worry was that people would notice. Now I just don't care.

• Like 1

This July I turn 54. Although I was gently toilet trained before I turned 3, my bladder was tiny and over-active. Therefore on trips and special events my mother would ask me nicely to wear 'just-in-case' diapers. I always wore normal clothing over those diapers, but hundreds of times my diaper was changed in public ladies' rooms and occasionally out in the open. Consequently by the time I can remember I never was embarrassed by my diapers. To me they were another kind of panties.

At puberty I reverted to bedwetting. My older sister by then had needed diapers in bed for 5 years and all three of my younger siblings needed diapers part of every day. All of my friends had seen a changing table and stacks of diapers in our family home. They came for sleep-overs anyway. When invited to sleep-overs both my mother and I would tell the other mother that I would bring my own rubber sheet and diapers.

For university I had to start wearing disposables because my dorm did not have a coin laundry. I still had day control but often decided to wear a just-in-case diaper to long lectures and to parties when there would be drinking. By the time I graduated from pre-law I wore diapers part of every day. Nobody seemed to care. As I was moving to a different university for law school I lost all daytime bladder control.

For me the decision to always wear a diaper was easy. I knew I had to budget money to buy diapers and time to change my diapers, but the advantage was I could change my diaper when convenient with no unscheduled toilet breaks. For me diapers have removed much anxiety.

8 hours ago, Txdiapered said:

When I had to start wearing diapers fulltime, I felt that people would stare at me and make fun of me. But found that wearing a diaper brought my stress and depression under control. I talked to several doctors about this and they said the the diaper was in my mind like a security blanket and as long as I had a diaper on my mind though differently. So I understand like you said you felt more comfortable in public when wearing a diaper. I have been wearing fulltime for 12 years and I take minimal doses of depression meds now.

Thats how i feel but I'm noticing when i dont wear them now i get more anxious but i enjoy them and i can afford them all going well so i dont mind wearing my nappys to make me happier. If  it helps it helps.

Hope you are well :)

4 hours ago, stevewet said:

I am a much happier and more relaxed person sine I switched to nappies full time. My wife noticed within a few weeks how I was so much less stressed out. My only worry was that people would notice. Now I just don't care.

Thats good to hear, :)

2 hours ago, diaperedboilerman said:

1 hour ago, Angela Bauer said:

This July I turn 54. Although I was gently toilet trained before I turned 3, my bladder was tiny and over-active. Therefore on trips and special events my mother would ask me nicely to wear 'just-in-case' diapers. I always wore normal clothing over those diapers, but hundreds of times my diaper was changed in public ladies' rooms and occasionally out in the open. Consequently by the time I can remember I never was embarrassed by my diapers. To me they were another kind of panties.

At puberty I reverted to bedwetting. My older sister by then had needed diapers in bed for 5 years and all three of my younger siblings needed diapers part of every day. All of my friends had seen a changing table and stacks of diapers in our family home. They came for sleep-overs anyway. When invited to sleep-overs both my mother and I would tell the other mother that I would bring my own rubber sheet and diapers.

For university I had to start wearing disposables because my dorm did not have a coin laundry. I still had day control but often decided to wear a just-in-case diaper to long lectures and to parties when there would be drinking. By the time I graduated from pre-law I wore diapers part of every day. Nobody seemed to care. As I was moving to a different university for law school I lost all daytime bladder control.

For me the decision to always wear a diaper was easy. I knew I had to budget money to buy diapers and time to change my diapers, but the advantage was I could change my diaper when convenient with no unscheduled toilet breaks. For me diapers have removed much anxiety.

Thank you Angela and everyone for responding, its nice to hear other peoples experiences with this sort of thing at first i thought it was was just me but it makes me happy im not alone :):)

Mel x

For me the diapers are a primary coping mechanism.   My mental health is actually quite good right now, but a lot of it knowing that putting on a diaper is my security.  I could probably abstain for a short time, but know that I will need them.

Diapers are good for that security reason. It has help me a lot with my anxiety as well. When my bladder went bad on me and now I'm wearing all the time. My Dr was surprised that it didn't bother me when he told me I was going to have to wear adult diapers. The only thing that's weird is now I'm peeing in them. If the diaper is helping calm down then wear it. Don't worry what others say.

On 6/7/2018 at 3:30 PM, Comfortably diapered said:

I've got such bad anxiety and depression and for sure diapers help me feel like myself and make me happy. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Some turn to drugs or other things. Diaper up and be stress free!

On 6/9/2018 at 7:42 AM, spark said:

For me the diapers are a primary coping mechanism.   My mental health is actually quite good right now, but a lot of it knowing that putting on a diaper is my security.  I could probably abstain for a short time, but know that I will need them.

1 hour ago, Marcus said:

Diapers are good for that security reason. It has help me a lot with my anxiety as well. When my bladder went bad on me and now I'm wearing all the time. My Dr was surprised that it didn't bother me when he told me I was going to have to wear adult diapers. The only thing that's weird is now I'm peeing in them. If the diaper is helping calm down then wear it. Don't worry what others say.

Thanks guys, I personally don't have and issues with my bladder or bowals but its like a safety net idk it feels reassuring wearing them, hope you are all well :)

There may be direct hormonal reasons that wearing & using decreases anxiety.  No need to resort to pseudo-Freudian mumbo-jumbo.  I'm no doctor or endocrinologist, but from reading that stuff about (for example) vasopressin and blood pressure regulation, I see that the hormones involved with that are also involved with anxiety & other psychological affects/effects impacting on anxiety.  Wearing a diaper enables you to let go whenever you first feel the need, so the hormone states associated with a full bladder and needing to pee are greatly reduced or eliminated.  There's also the effect of heating up the testicles by blanketing them with a diaper, causing a decrease in their testosterone output.  Not sure which is more important.  I've felt it too, a definite decrease in anxiety when I wear overnight.  And other effects including lower blood pressure that make me think there's something hormonal going on.  But maybe, still, there are some purely Freudian things going too.  The diaper and the sensation of wearing give me something novel to focus on other than my day-to-day troubles.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I get that. For me, at first it was just "oh these make my butt look cute" followed by "hey, I actually feel good about myself" to now where it just feels like it belongs there. I do feel like I'm more relaxed and outgoing when I'm wearing, and if nothing else it keeps my mind off the million other things I could be stressing over. Whether you actually use it for its intended purpose or not is kind of irrelevant if it helps you. :)

I suffer from anxiety and depression as well. I find that being padded does reduce my anxiety and improve my mood overall. I’ve also noticed that my anxiety increases when I haven’t been padded for a while and that my mood suffers too. When it comes to being in public, sometimes being padded can increase my anxiety, but over time and by wearing in public more often, it’s generally helped. In fact, now I would say I’m more anxious when not wearing at least a pull up in public than wearing some type of padding. Still, there are days when my mind races and convinces myself that everyone knows I’m wearing a diaper and everyone thinks I’m a freak :(. Luckily, this experience is becoming less frequent over time!

On 7/16/2018 at 1:22 PM, jaytay said:

I suffer from anxiety and depression as well. I find that being padded does reduce my anxiety and improve my mood overall. I’ve also noticed that my anxiety increases when I haven’t been padded for a while and that my mood suffers too. When it comes to being in public, sometimes being padded can increase my anxiety, but over time and by wearing in public more often, it’s generally helped. In fact, now I would say I’m more anxious when not wearing at least a pull up in public than wearing some type of padding. Still, there are days when my mind races and convinces myself that everyone knows I’m wearing a diaper and everyone thinks I’m a freak :(. Luckily, this experience is becoming less frequent over time!

It could change my mood too if I wasn't padded for a while get cranky ^_^  it's funny how that works

Just remember we are all humans and we all seek out happiness. For us it's thick diapers or maybe watch a cartoon and sip from a sippy cup. I'm just here to spread positivity. We all have this life to live and since I've  been losing my friends to ODs and suicides I'm just trying to get through it all and just live life the ups and downs. Sorry I got all speechy^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve only been wearing diapers on and off for a week and I must say now that I think about it i am feeling a little less stressed so are the two really related?

I suffer from anxiety but it was a lot worse a few year back. When I would get home from work anxiety ridden all I had to do was put on a diaper and I would feel my heart rate slow down and I would relax. Honestly diapers are great medicine.