LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Comic Artist Wanted

YourFNF

So once I complete my short story "Signalling Desperation", I'd like to turn it into a single issue comic and self-publish it. To do that I need an artist, preferably someone who can do a more representational/photo-realistic style. Proceeds would be split fifty/fifty. Any one interested?

23 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

Good luck! Comics are fun. It sounds like a fun project! :)  If you can't find anyone here, as a back up I'd recommend checking out the abdl artists over on deviant art. 

Thanks Kat :)

There is only one artist I know who can do a REALISTIC style, less you just meant well detailed in what is there, but yeah, ABDL wise there is only one artist I know who has a realistic quality to his art in terms of coloring and body shaping.

From what I remember those, his costs are rather high just for a full picture, comics would be much more costly.

Not sure if you meant that payment would be profits from the comics, but I know most artists will not accept that unless extremely interested in the work and even then only if they have the time to do so around other commissions and IRL work, whats more, only once artist who fits the style you are looking for (though still not 100% sure about what the exact style is that you are after).

On 6/5/2018 at 11:52 PM, YourFNF said:

So once I complete my short story "Signalling Desperation", I'd like to turn it into a single issue comic and self-publish it. To do that I need an artist, preferably someone who can do a more representational/photo-realistic style. Proceeds would be split fifty/fifty. Any one interested?

You're a nice person, but speaking as someone with experience in this field, I think you need to be aware of a few things.

It's much less time consuming for someone to write well than it is for someone to draw well, especially in comics. This is why there are comic book writers who author multiple monthly comics, but artists typically do one, maybe two projects at a time.  I write 5k to 10k entries in my various stories.  That's about a "chapter" for me these days.  A talented visual artist will use that exact same time frame and be able to make one or two pages of a comic.  So you're asking for a lot of time and effort on the part of a skilled visual artist to meet your expectations based on the hope, not the guarantee, that they will make  enough money.

Also, unless I'm way out of the loop (and it's a possibility), you don't have a proven track record or fan base with which to make money on this venture.  You're an unknown.

Any artist that is good enough to meet your expectations is likely already being paid for their artwork.  They have people coming to them and paying them money up front for their artwork.  So this "all call" method is unlikely to work.  Most artists of a certain skill have people coming to them for fetish art.  And if you're an unknown with no personal or professional relationship with a particular artist, there's no incentive for them to spend the time and resources in working with you on your passion project. 

Now, if you still want this to happen, it can, you're just going to have to find an artist who is willing to do it and pay them.  Or put in lots of time and effort in building your audience and reputation as an author on a community or professional level, maybe do some commissions yourself, or start a Patreon, and if everything goes well, THEN you can approach an artist and be like "Hey, do you wanna Collaborate or art trade?"

• Like 2