LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Barrier Paste Help

I used to buy a Barrier paste in US Walmart. It had a purple top and a nice grape smell. It was very thick and worked very well. NOW when I go get the exact same thing with same UPC code, it is a thin paste with a kinda medical smell to it. I don’t like it so much but I’ve never used anything else. I looked around and the only other thing I can find is Desitin brand. They seem to have a number of various ‘titles’. Please share your experience with the different barrier creams and pastes and which you prefer and what reasons. Thanks.

Hi in the UK we have asda which is part of Walmart. I have recently bought a baby diaper cream which is cheap and none scented it is thick but easy to spread and it makes my skin feel amazing. I've not had a rash for an age as the cream has an antibacterial in it. Look in the baby section and see if they sell it there.

• 1 month later...

I typically use the  Equate Diaper Rash Ointment 40% zinc oxide (WalMart Brand) I have found that there are two SKUs that the packaging looks almost identical white and purple box but  one has a different smell, the only difference  in the package is it says "Equate Baby" that version has a sweet fruity smell, the standard Equate smells like most zinc oxide creams

1 hour ago, Real world Incon said:

I typically use the  Equate Diaper Rash Ointment 40% zinc oxide (WalMart Brand) I have found that there are two SKUs that the packaging looks almost identical white and purple box but  one has a different smell, the only difference  in the package is it says "Equate Baby" that version has a sweet fruity smell, the standard Equate smells like most zinc oxide creams

Walmart did that with their "udderly Smooth" cream too. Now it's just waxy crap that doesn't work worth a damn.

That stuff you're getting sounds like A & D. Walmart's Butt Paste is like Desitin (don't quote me on that).. The paste smells like putty to me. I actually found something better from our medical supply order store. The store is McLaren Home Health Care. The brand is REMEDY. The products are named Kalazime and Phytopex. The first hs a strong but nice orange smell and the second has a mild coconut smell. They're both mad for severe diaper rash. Our local hospital uses it for bed sores and diaper rash (baby and adult). Stops burn and itch fast. Both are thick and leave a film.

Why is it they change it or do away with it after you find something that works?

Good products come to an end for various reasons, but today it's usually a lack of dividend-generating sales that causes the stockholders to make the company management do something else or get fired. The best products usually come from privately owned companies who can do what they d@mn well please without any similar outside interference. I have heard much good about Boudreaux's Butt Paste, though TBH I've never used anything but aloe vera gel on the few rashes I've had. If someone detects a "medicine" smell they will likely just presume chafing which the continent get too. 

Bettypooh

I'm not big on desitin because of the smell.   I do like Dr. Boudreaux's Butt Paste (the original yellow, the green "natural" variety isn't as nice).   It has reasonable coverage and permanence but without being greasy or stinky.    I've been told it will stain cloth diapers, but I've not used it enough with cloth to notice.   I tend to only use it when I know I'm going to be pooping in the diapers which I'm a bit reticent to do in my cloth ones.

• 3 months later...

I use either the Medline Restore remedy barrier cream or Calmoseptine,the Medline products I use specifically because they are petroleum free product and my insurance pays for it.

Sent from my Z3001S using Tapatalk