LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Telling Friends

I have been away this weekend with a group of friends, We got on to talking about our kink's so admitted to 4 friends that i love wearing and using nappies. one guy admitted that he knows about the abdl seen. There where no negative comments, 

1 hour ago, Like2bwet said:

I have been away this weekend with a group of friends, We got on to talking about our kink's so admitted to 4 friends that i love wearing and using nappies. one guy admitted that he knows about the abdl seen. There where no negative comments, 

Nice one :)

I say to each his own and glad there were no negative reactions.  It was all in the spirit of the camping trip and conversation on kinks.  Personally, in the 50 years I have been wearing diapers for personal enjoyment, I have only told one person and that was a DL friend from this site that I used to go fishing with.  No need to confess anything to him because he already knew and he also wore diapers.  Each person knows their own life and their own friends and upbringing.  I would wager to say someone into the diaper kink in areas of California would probably not bat many eyes if they told someone or were noticed, however in some bible belt areas you might be seen as a desciple of the devil.  In some conservative areas of the country where people dress up to go to the movies,  still have land line phones and no call waiting, admitting that you like wearing diapers would not be a good thing. Personally, a kink is a kink and unless you are sharing it intimately with someone who also has that same kink, I see no reason to tell your friends, family and coworkers your sexual kinks including that you like to wear and use diapers for pleasure.  That's just me but in my situation I would have a whole lot more to lose by telling people I like wearing diapers and just about nothing to gain by it.  I keep it to myself and I would even among friends discussing their kinks.

I did reveal that I wore diapers for bedwetting to friends when I was younger but I don't think I'd broach the subject with my friends now.  I'm sure they could handle it but its just something that I choose to keep private about my self these days.

• Like 2

I have a racing buddy I know for a fact is aware of ABDL. He is extremely open about his kinks and has no problem discussing them. His whole thing is loss of power usually coupled with some type of physical punishment. I told him I get the loss of power aspect but didn't see the appeal of getting tortured. He started spouting off a bunch of other similar kinks minus the violence and ABDL was one he mentioned. Glad he can let his freak flag fly, but I'm like Rusty and don't see any real advantage to offering up that info even if I wanted to. It's a calculated risk I'm not willing to take. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SoggySoCal said:

... I'm like Rusty and don't see any real advantage to offering up that info even if I wanted to. It's a calculated risk I'm not willing to take. 

Like they used to say back when CB radio was all the rage, "That's a big 10-4, Good Buddy."

• Like 1
1 hour ago, stevewet said:

I think by now most people know I wear nappies.

True, but for those who are not as open about it as you are, or who wear them as a kink or fun behind closed doors and not 24/7 for need, it becomes a matter of discretion and a decision on weather we want to keep a kink like this to ourselves or take a chance on letting it get out by telling someone.  Only the person with the kink can make that decision based on their own life, how they feel about it getting out and how well they know their friends and people around them.

46 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

True, but for those who are not as open about it as you are, or who wear them as a kink or fun behind closed doors and not 24/7 for need, it becomes a matter of discretion and a decision on weather we want to keep a kink like this to ourselves or take a chance on letting it get out by telling someone.  Only the person with the kink can make that decision based on their own life, how they feel about it getting out and how well they know their friends and people around them.

Amongst those that wear for fun and tell others, I suspect many claim they wear out of need especially with casual acquaintances.  Furthermore, in some cases they even convince themselves it’s a need to internally justify wearing.

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend I also told a couple of my friends.

One friend told a kink secret to us, he was super nervous andawkward about it and the other immediately chimed in revealing his own kink secret. Initially, I wasn't going to share, as my diaper time is largely solitary (my wife knows and doesn't care but doesn't want to be involved, which works for me) and had little relevance. The discussion continued, and it came to a point where I wanted to assure him that these secrets are things many people have, and in a return of the trust he showed in me I told him my side. 

Obviously, it was met with "Oh, that's okay" from both friends. Honestly, I don't think I feel any better having told them as outside of me talking about it or them snooping through my closet they wouldn't have come into contact with it. I do hope though that my friends understand that I reciprocate the trust they have in me.

Though I'm merely a lurker 99% of the time, I do appreciate the large portion of this community that is very strict about not including unwitting public, be them strangers or friends in this fetish.

A few of my friends know I wear diapers.  Only four people know that I have chosen to wear them permanently.  There definatly is a mindset change in one's mentality when you start to experience control issues concerning telling people you wear diapers.  At that point since you are basically diaper dependent you seem to care less and less who around you actually knows.

• Like 1

I don't mind if someone finds out. If they're at my house, for example, and see my diapers. The thing about me is that I don't hang out, go to social events or have very many human friends. Therefor, I just keep to myself because I think most people find it odd or gross (even if they don't say so). I'm okay with me and what I like, so I don't care, but don't volunteer info either unless someone asks.

• 3 weeks later...