LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Groin Rash, Safe to use baby lotion?

Hot weekend where I am and lack of a working bathtub means I cannot clean myself efficiently, Formed a rash yesterday night on my inner thigh at the groin, All I could do was use a rag and my bathroom sink to clean up down there, Then I tried some baby lotion and that helped a lot. Applied some this morning to the site and had no problems all day.

Am I doing wrong by using baby lotion or could hand moisturizer lotion had done the trick? Any long term effects to using baby lotion?

I have never used any lotion, but I presume, since the point of it is to prevent or alleviate rash discomfort, there wouldn't be any long term effects. I was fortunate enough to find diapers that work for me ie don't cause rash. In the beginning, when all I knew were infant diapers, this worked with Huggies only. Last time I used a brand here, but I think it's just a store brand.

Yes, a diaper rash cream is best for a rash. It will moisturize and protect the rash for it to heal. As far as using baby lotion, there wouldn't be any negative effect unless you have an allergy to it. I use baby lotion after every bath or shower.

Also comment may not be related - but the diapers and plastic covers are they worn quite snug up against the rash area causing an irritating rubbing motion grating the area

and perhaps rubbing off or removing the rash oil lotion application ?

Solution - wear soft loose diapers but beware that this will not stop the flooding bypass or urine.

They advise against using commercial wipes when you have a rash (or even at other times).   They leave a soap film on the skin.   Try just water on a wash cloth.
If it's fungal, try some lotramin AF (I like the powder).