LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I'm Losing Interest...

Kari

For awhile now, I've been increasingly losing interest in wearing AB style diapers.
I'm still a DL and will never stop being one. I'll probably wear diapers for the rest of my life.
Guess I'm just distancing myself from being an AB. Maybe it's because I'm getting older.
I'd rather wear diapers like they sell at NorthShore or other online incontinence suppliers.
I think it has to do with age. It's like the taboo is gone and I've accepted this as a part of my life.
Also, sometimes I need protection when I'm out for extended periods of time.
It has gotten harder to "hold the flow". So, I just discreetly wear protection inside my underwear.
Maybe it's just a phase I'm experiencing.  Any others going or have gone through this?

You might be going through a phase, and it might be a short term thing, and at some point, you have a need to be or dress more AB. As you get older, lots of things change. For instance, do you still like the exact same foods, and as much, as you once have? Or, you might not eat as big of portions as did once did. I’d say, just go with your flow, and with how you feel. 

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of all the AB style dips myself. I realize they're niche products, as if the adult diaper market wasn't a niche enough by itself, but I find that many of them aren't all that practical for everyday use and the cost of keeping a closet stocked with them can be prohibitively expensive.

• Like 1

Too much of a good thing will make anything feel ordinary after awhile, perhaps if you picked a certain day time or day to enjoy your being an AB more often.

Then you might regain interest.

• Like 2

I see people all the time posting things such as, "I started out as strictly a DL but now I'm getting interested in becoming an AB too".  If it works one way, I can't see why it won't work the other way too.  You may be an AB/DL but are migrating more towards just being a DL now.  Age may have something to do with it or just having done AB stuff to the point where you are getting tired of it.  Me, I am a DL and have never been an AB at all, so nothing to worry about if you lose interest in something.  Personally, after 30 years of duck hunting I've lost interest in it.  Same with other hobbies I've had.  People change and so do the things that interest them.

1 hour ago, DiapergirlWB said:

I have found and see that this tends to run in cycles.  You begin to lose interest in an aspect of wearing or wearing at all then bam it all comes back in a rush.  Seems pretty normal.

And sometimes, as in  my case, those cycles run into years of no interest (suppression, maybe?) and now I'm back into it again.

3 hours ago, le Hollandais said:

And sometimes, as in  my case, those cycles run into years of no interest (suppression, maybe?) and now I'm back into it again.

Be careful with binge/purge cycles, as those can be dangerous. That being said, there is nothing wrong with enjoying when you want to and abstaining when you want to. The key to happiness lies in balance.

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Darkfinn said:

Be careful with binge/purge cycles, as those can be dangerous. That being said, there is nothing wrong with enjoying when you want to and abstaining when you want to. The key to happiness lies in balance.

Thanks for the caution. There is opportunity, and inopportunity; a time and a place for everything. Sometimes I didn't think I could get away with it undetected. Sometimes I was literally in a physical place/space where I really felt I had to avoid diapers altogether. At this time in my life, my situation is a little different. I have more opportunity.

Wow. Glad to see I'm not alone. I go through phases too. I got rid of my bottle and pacifiers as they really didn't do anything for me. Now I miss them  wished I had them back.  Can  you be part AB?

'I'm just distancing myself from being an AB'  .....Just wondering ....I've never felt the need to regress to being an AB or become a full-time DL. But for periods in my life, usually related to times of major change & frustration, I've experienced regular urges to mess my pants & dallied with wearing diapers /plastic pants. At one time I explored psychology  & psychanalytical type stuff. A theory I encountered was in growing up we may experience impossible contradictions, which thwart our development process, making our personalities disjointed & in particular frustrating our potential to be creative. So periods of regression can be a means of going back to an early time in our lives when we felt more complete giving us an opportunity to regrow into more complete people.   

I have noticed that since January this year I have worn less .Lately I have only worn maybe be once or twice a week if at all,its like I just dont want to wear and normally I wear every night so not to wake up the house when I need to go and piss.At the moment its just easier for me to get up and go as I dont sleep as deep as i used to,and its also getting to hot here the summer is coming.I hope in winter I will get back to my normal wearing habits.