LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing diapers during the day 24/7

I have been wearing diapers 24/7 for the last 20 years and still no changes as it comes to my continence. So if you would ask me no chance at all.

I was incontinent before I began to wear diapers, and it hasn't cured my IC in any way. :roflmao:

Having said that, I'm bothered by the title of this thread. If you are wearing diapers 24/7 of course your wearing them during the day.

13 hours ago, WetDad said:

I was incontinent before I began to wear diapers, and it hasn't cured my IC in any way. :roflmao:

Having said that, I'm bothered by the title of this thread. If you are wearing diapers 24/7 of course your wearing them during the day.

Unless you are in Alaska in the winter where they have 2 or 3 months of no sunlight!  You might argue that even with no sun it's still day, but my definition of day is light outside!  Otherwise, it's still night!  Of course, you could say "Daytime" which might mean technically it's Day-Time even though it's dark outside.   :42_EmoticonsHDcom:

If you take active steps to untrain your body ,you can become incontinent after years of doing it ,but just wearing diapers hurts nothing than your budget.decent diapers are as expensive as smoking or drinking .

I have started wearing diapers during the day time at work and home. What are the chances of becoming urinary incontinent? I wear tykables every day but use the toilet for poop.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Cruiser 03 said:

If you take active steps to untrain your body ,you can become incontinent after years of doing it ,but just wearing diapers hurts nothing than your budget.decent diapers are as expensive as smoking or drinking .

i wear them and wet them everyday just don't poop them, if I didn't make that clear my bad lol. What are the chances of wetting them and becoming incontinent.

i wear them and wet them everyday just don't poop them, if I didn't make that clear my bad lol. What are the chances of wetting them and becoming incontinent.

Slim to none ,mother nature either gives you bad plumbing or you work to defeat it,those are the only ways you become IC,if you wear and use instead of into a porcelin fixture your body doesn't know or care ,its need to remove waste is accomplished it's happy your happy and the day rolls on.  

I probably should add as you age your prostate can become finicky causing frequent urgency and the need to get up during the night ,we handily have that covered with diapers , you could also get prostate cancer and have surgery that can compromise your continence ,but they have found most prostate cancer isn't particularly aggressive and sometimes just watching it is a better choice than surgery , i new a guy who had it for 40 years before dying of old age.

• Thanks 1
On 5/21/2018 at 2:09 PM, diaperedandspanked said:

chances of becoming incontinent  from wearing diapers.....................0%

If wishes were fishes 'eh?

The chances of becoming incontinent from soely wearing and using diapers 24/7 is high. This is from 1 process... the bodies conservation of energy. When your bladder fills, due to you not needing to hold till you reach a toilet, you will void. This means that your bladder stops stretching. As a result, bladder capacity drops. The more this occurs, the less your bladder can hold down from 500-800ml (adult) to 50ml (newborn). 500ml = voiding with a 4-5hr interval. 50ml = voiding every 20mins approx. I really think that at that stage, you may be aware of your voiding during or after the act, but not before. Do you think that is incontinence?

My doctor has had me cathing 5x's a day i used to hold as much as 1100 , even with incontinence between cathing my bladder never fully empties , he wants to shrink my bladder to between 25- 50 ml as its highest capacity and in 9 years we have only gotten to 5 or 600.with all that catching you would think it would be the size of a pee nut (pun intended) so i have been working hard to shrink my bladder on doctors orders, and in over nine years i have only lost about half of capacity, he will be happier with smaller more frequent incontinence so there's not as much pressure on kidneys and urinary system, and it's virtually impossible to destroy a diaper in one flood.

The chances of becoming incontinent from soely wearing and using diapers 24/7 is high. This is from 1 process... the bodies conservation of energy. When your bladder fills, due to you not needing to hold till you reach a toilet, you will void. This means that your bladder stops stretching. As a result, bladder capacity drops. The more this occurs, the less your bladder can hold down from 500-800ml (adult) to 50ml (newborn). 500ml = voiding with a 4-5hr interval. 50ml = voiding every 20mins approx. I really think that at that stage, you may be aware of your voiding during or after the act, but not before. Do you think that is incontinence?

25 years IC if you count my time as child in its more than half my life,generally about say 3 years as a kid so 28 years diapered out of 50 .

Bladder wont shrink much, unless you're also a bedwetter
If not incontinent/bedwetter, you will retain water in bladder during sleep

On 5/30/2018 at 7:55 PM, Dubious said:

During times of sleep, the bladder/kidneys behave slightly differently. In the usual toilet trained person, a chemical similar to vaspressen is used to force the body to reabsorb more water from urine. This means that even a young toilet trained child with the bladder capacity of 100ml approx will be able to last the 7 to 10 hours asleep without the need to void. This increases the concentration of urine.

Production of this chemical is expensive to the body. As is the increased toxity of urine within the bladder. If you are wearing diapers 24/7/365, and also used to wetting yourself during the day with no after-effects, it is your mind that will make the call on whether to void without waking you while asleep. Some toilet trained people, if they consume alcohol and/or drugs, will void during sleep. Their body has decided to void without waking the person. This is not a decision within the control of the person that voids during sleep.

Again I state, wearing and using diapers 24/7/365, WILL reduce bladder capacity down to voiding every 20 mins without warning or notification while awake and  less frequently during sleeping hours.

To fully understand how wearing a diaper 24/7/365 will change bladder and/or bowel capacity, one must understand the the body is excellent at conservation of energy.

To have the function of storing urine and voiding at a time/place one choses needs a group of processes running constantly - which is an energy cost to the body. That is the constant clamping of the sphincter, the sensing of the bladder as it fills, the inturruption to other processes in life when, and when asleep, the production of chemicals to reaborb water from ones kidneys so to avoid having to void = disturb times of regeneration.

As an infant / baby, the body learnt, and has stored this process, that it did not need to store  urine. As a result, it did not expand the energy to keep its sphincters closed. It did not sense the bladder as it fills. It did not produce a chemical to reabsorb water during times of sleep.

In ones mind, by wearing a diaper 24/7/365, is creating a quandry. The way one was toilet trained was one was exposed to cold wet leaky diapers. Your mind is aware of this. It will make the decision - slowly, that it will conserve more energy if it voids on a constant basis in little bits. This is reinforced by the way one behaves when wearing diapers - ie they are doing something, and since they are wearing diapers, will not stop what they are doing to go to the toilet, but will instead void in their diaper. Ones mind will learn that the energy used to inform you of your need to void - ie go to the toilet - is not needed. As a result, it will stop telling you. - If you don't believe me, tell me the noise your fridge makes. If you focus on it, you can hear it... but since you are living with that noise for so long, and it is not a threat to you, your body although it is aware of it, no longer tells you of it.

Secondly, when one voids at the first feeling, this normally occurs as the bladder is filling - ie 100-200ml full. Since the bladder has not had the time to fully expand, (a muscle has not been exersised) it will loose the ability to expand past approx 200ml. This has  conatations overnight. Overnight is when we need full bladder capacity - 800ml+. Normal nights sleep will not be a problem... you will be woken to void. This starts a path down to night-time incontinence. Since the bladder can't expand, you will have inturrupted sleep... which will increase ones tiredness over time. It is cummulitive. It will come to a stage where you are too tired to wake to void, and will void while asleep. This awakens the infantile behaviour of voiding without waking. As a result, the bladder will begin to void at the first stage of filling = reduced capacity (no bladder expansion) down to approx 50ml. A 50ml bladder capacity means that you will void, without knowlegdge, every 20-40mins.

This means, a direct result of wearing and using diapers WILL reduce ones capacity. Whether one defines this as incontinence or not is up to you.

PS There are people in the 'Incontinence Desires' forum successfully using this process to become incontinent. What makes you so different that it won't happen to you? "If wishes were fishes eh" to quote Muddle. One may desire and /or hope for one thing. That does NOT mean one will obtain it. We DO NOT have direct control over our subconscious mind. It is this, you need to defeat to ensure OR loose bladder and/or bowel control - and wearing and using 24/7/365, your body will adapt.

It will only happen if one's toileting habits change. If you continue to retain until the bladder is full then empty it all at once same as people do without diapers, then nothing will happen (except maybe diaper leaks from flooding). BUT if you DO change toileting habits, then in time there will be some loss of bladder capacity and bladder control. How much loss nobody can say as everyone is different. You'd get the exact same effect if you started wetting your pants without a diaper so it's really not the diaper doing anything, it's the toiletig habits.

In diapers there is a great tendency to use them at the first sign of bladder fullness, which seems to happen with almost everyone who begins wearing constantly. Thus it CAN lead to bladder shrinkage and perhaps even lessened control of the sphincters, or a lessening of the ability to retain completely- it just doesn't HAVE to work this way. I have chosen to allow this to happen to me, yet most of the time I can still hold my urine if I try to- only my original OAB/SI/UI issues influence that. And my ability to stop the flow doesn't last long now since my external sphincter has weakened from disuse. 

So it's really more about what you want from wearing diapers and what you allow them to do to you. If you want to lose bladder control or capacity then they can help you achieve that. If you don't want those changes then you won't get them. All that diapers are is a different form of underwear- no more and no less. They have no special properties beyond being more absorbent than any other form of underwear so they can't cause anything. 

Bettypooh

On 6/1/2018 at 5:41 PM, Dubious said:

I wear 24/7/365 and always wake up with a full bladder, cant say that capacity has changed

I rarely wake with a full bladder usually I have emptied while sleeping. Sometimes I wake while still peeing uncontrolably

On 5/30/2018 at 7:55 PM, Dubious said:

My bladder just empties at will once I am asleep. The need to pee never wakes me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 12:48 PM, daddyeric91 said:

I have started wearing diapers during the day time at work and home. What are the chances of becoming urinary incontinent? I wear tykables every day but use the toilet for poop.

Diapers by themselves probably won't do it but you can retrain your body to be incontinent. Basically stay relaxed or the moment you feel the urge to urinate, immediately do so. Eventually, your body will default to that operation - empty when you feel like you need to go. I imagine that as the bladder does not get routinely extended, it looses tone or capacity and you may end up urinating very often. 

My urologist suggested I try this approach many years ago after a couple ER visits for urgent catheterization due to the bladder not releasing. While wetting yourself can be socially awkward, abdominal pain, infection and the thought of death will get your attention. I took his advice. 

It certainly didn't happen quickly, maybe in 18-24 months. It took nearly a year before I could sleep the night without having to consciously urinate. (If I tried to use the restroom I wouldn't make to the restroom anyway.) During the day took a bit longer. After awhile, i seldom had a conscious urge to urinate, It would just happen. 

Now to be clear, I have nerve damage so I'm not sure how much was actual retraining and how much was actual incontinence. 

There were time when I would not wet the bed and found out that I could hold urine just fine, though these periods never lasted for more than 8 months and stopped altogether a few years ago. Interestingly,  for the last month or so I have had many dry nights and have even made it to the restroom in time. I'm on a ketogenic diet, losing lots of weight and no longer drink soda or lots of juice and many glasses of water. But I certainly do not have any expectations for full control or even any real limited control. 

So, maybe you can retrain yourself. IMHO, it is a very silly thing to try. How much money are you prepared to spend on diapers and supplies? I'm spending north of $3,000 per year on incontinence and well over $40,000 since the accident.

I use Tranquility as my around town diaper 3 cases of ATN 1 case of Chux and 2 boxes of gloves my insurance pays just north of $457 dollars , and i give a boatload of them away ,because i get more then I can use ,for traveling I wear NS and at home I use cloth most of the time .

How do you spend $3000 per year?
If I were to use only Tena I would use about $500, for a whole year

1 hour ago, Dubious said:

How do you spend $3000 per year?

If I were to use only Tena I would use about $500, for a whole year

About 4 diapers a day at $1.78 each for a year is $2,596. Add in diaper inserts, plastics pants, bed pads, and laundry and $3,000 is pretty real. I don't really want to check the accounts and see what it actually is. I have a feeling it maybe higher.

I've tried cheaper diapers and cloth diapers but they are just not workable for me. 

43 minutes ago, ThomasInWVa said:

About 4 diapers a day at $1.78 each for a year is $2,596. Add in diaper inserts, plastics pants, bed pads, and laundry and $3,000 is pretty real. I don't really want to check the accounts and see what it actually is. I have a feeling it maybe higher.

I've tried cheaper diapers and cloth diapers but they are just not workable for me. 

4 diapers a day? What brand are you using? I can make it through a typical day with 3 Dry 24/7s and can cut that to 2 by using my cloth diapers at night.