LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Biggest of Desires - Chapter 21 (Updated 6/19)

@bbykimmy

I for one have always been in awe at how fast you can write all of these chapters. Out of curiosity, how many words do you average an hour? When I am writing (which is a very occasional thing indeed) I write at about 50-250 words an hour (although this it a medieval fantasy thing that I tend to cherry pick my words a little bit too much)

BBKimmy I am so very sorry, I truly love your work and love your stories.  It was just I was so frustrated and had no right to take it out on you.  You are one of my favorite authors.  I am reading the other story, but on another board, less comments to go through.  You must know I always try to comment on them I know you like praise and smiles, Billy :wub:    

14 minutes ago, HyperShark said:

@bbykimmy

I for one have always been in awe at how fast you can write all of these chapters. Out of curiosity, how many words do you average an hour? When I am writing (which is a very occasional thing indeed) I write at about 50-250 words an hour (although this it a medieval fantasy thing that I tend to cherry pick my words a little bit too much)

Believe it or not, I don't get to write very often - I'm lucky if I get five hours a week.  Most of my writing gets done on Wednesday and Thursday evening - when I do get to sit down and write, I crank out around 2,000 words per hour.  If I get a good, uninterrupted stretch, I can write 8k in an evening.  I do all my writing in a plain text editor with no formatting, no fonts, and no spell-check - all of that gets done in the DD editor, where I re-read every word before I post the chapter.

11 minutes ago, Baby Billy said:

BBKimmy I am so very sorry, I truly love your work and love your stories.  It was just I was so frustrated and had no right to take it out on you.  You are one of my favorite authors.  I am reading the other story, but on another board, less comments to go through.  You must know I always try to comment on them I know you like praise and smiles, Billy :wub:    

Thank you very much for the apology, Billy.

I understand that it can be frustrating when a story that you were really really into goes dark.  It sucks.  You want to know what happens, you know that a sweet scene was just around the corner.

It sucks and I'm sorry.  I know more authors do this than don't - more stories get abandoned than finished.

Thank you for letting my stories pull you in to that degree.  If you didn't care, you wouldn't feel frustrated.

This story is only on pause, it will resume, Maya and I have written the entire plot, it's just a matter of turning the roleplay posts into something with a better flow.

Thank you for reading my other story, and thank you again for hearing me and apologizing.

<3

Here I am in my mind comparing Kimmy to Handel who wrote The Messiah in like a week or less - a massive undertaking.  Yes, I love my classical music.  But I also love Kimmy and Maya's works and yeah, I beg for more, but I don't make disparaging remarks.  I believe in supporting the authors on the site.  They provide me with free entertainment and are the main reason I come here, although there are a few sparkling personalities I like as well.   Thank you Maya and Kimmy and all the authors who *give give give* to us.

2000 Words an hour? That is insane speed!

My calculator informs me that it is a little over a word every two seconds, do you do much planning in advance so you know roughly what you are going to write or do you make it up as it goes along?

27 minutes ago, ELLIE52 said:

Here I am in my mind comparing Kimmy to Handel who wrote The Messiah in like a week or less - a massive undertaking.  Yes, I love my classical music.  But I also love Kimmy and Maya's works and yeah, I beg for more, but I don't make disparaging remarks.  I believe in supporting the authors on the site.  They provide me with free entertainment and are the main reason I come here, although there are a few sparkling personalities I like as well.   Thank you Maya and Kimmy and all the authors who *give give give* to us.

It's readers like you that keep me writing, Ellie.  The other board that Billy mentioned is not a tenth as enjoyable for me as this one - I post there and get maybe 1 comment per day, 3 on a good day.  I know that there's a lot of cross-over between the audience but there are some readers that only read there and some that only read here... and I feel sad when I check the site and no one has commented.

I've thought about not posting there any more... the only reason I continue is because it provides a cleaner read if people find it.

I much prefer the friendly back-and-forth here, and I don't mind putting in the extra work to link the next chapter at the bottom of each chapter the way I did for this story.

22 minutes ago, HyperShark said:

2000 Words an hour? That is insane speed!

My calculator informs me that it is a little over a word every two seconds, do you do much planning in advance so you know roughly what you are going to write or do you make it up as it goes along?

Well, some words are very small ;)

Sometimes I plan things out in advance, like thinking through what's going to happen next while I drive around, sometimes (like chapter 22 of BtG, which I'm writing right now) I only have a vague idea of what I want to happen next and I guide it in that direction, feeling my way through it, trying to decide how the characters would react logically, like playing a tabletop RPG all by myself.

Sometimes I have a plan and I sit down and it doesn't work - like this one time I was writing a scene between two best friends who were fighting because one girl was mad at the other for kissing a boy that wasn't her boyfriend.  I intended it to be a big, nasty fight and split the two girls apart... but I made the characters so emotionally healthy that when I tried to write the scene, they wouldn't fight.  By the end, they had hugged and forgiven each other and I was staring at the screen going:  WTF.

I start with an idea, I build a character, and I keep in mind who they are, what they've been through, and what they want as I write.

Sometimes the story just writes itself.

@bbykimmy you are by far one of my favorite authors here and pretty much anywhere else I've read these tyoe of stories. Now that i know how fast you type, i know you are super baby kimmy.

25 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

It's readers like you that keep me writing, Ellie.  The other board that Billy mentioned is not a tenth as enjoyable for me as this one - I post there and get maybe 1 comment per day, 3 on a good day.  I know that there's a lot of cross-over between the audience but there are some readers that only read there and some that only read here... and I feel sad when I check the site and no one has commented.

I've thought about not posting there any more... the only reason I continue is because it provides a cleaner read if people find it.

I much prefer the friendly back-and-forth here, and I don't mind putting in the extra work to link the next chapter at the bottom of each chapter the way I did for this story.

Well, some words are very small ;)

Sometimes I plan things out in advance, like thinking through what's going to happen next while I drive around, sometimes (like chapter 22 of BtG, which I'm writing right now) I only have a vague idea of what I want to happen next and I guide it in that direction, feeling my way through it, trying to decide how the characters would react logically, like playing a tabletop RPG all by myself.

Sometimes I have a plan and I sit down and it doesn't work - like this one time I was writing a scene between two best friends who were fighting because one girl was mad at the other for kissing a boy that wasn't her boyfriend.  I intended it to be a big, nasty fight and split the two girls apart... but I made the characters so emotionally healthy that when I tried to write the scene, they wouldn't fight.  By the end, they had hugged and forgiven each other and I was staring at the screen going:  WTF.

I start with an idea, I build a character, and I keep in mind who they are, what they've been through, and what they want as I write.

Sometimes the story just writes itself.

Like damnnnnn...... (slow claps) I bow to the master

2 hours ago, Elfy said:

And I thought my 2000+ words updates every four days was fast... :blink:

It is - please don't think I'm denigrating anyone.  I write abnormally fast - I have professional writer friends who are very, very pleased to turn out 100k words in three months, whereas when my mommy-type and I are really on fire, together we can write 100k in 5 weeks.  She is also weird, her record is 15k words in a single day - but that was a whole day of nothing but writing.

Elfy, your work is pretty much pro quality - I don't know how much time you spend on editing, but I wonder if you're taking that into account in your 4 day idea.

Don't feel bad, I'm the weird one.

• 2 weeks later...

bbykimmy, First I want to say I am truly sorry I haven’t been keeping up with your stories. I am working 12 hour days 7 days a week. Tonight is actually my 39th straight night. Still that shouldn’t be an excuse. Honestly I do try and support every writer who contributes to the site. In doing so I try and read then post on the oldest stories in my unread section first. That being the case when you start kicking out new updates every day your story never falls to the oldest in my unread section. These last couple of days have been slow at work and I am thrilled that I am able to get caught up some with your stories. I did get to read Breaking the Girl and it was amazing. This story is equally as amazing. As I read the end of chapter 9 I was actually in tears I was laughing so hard. I could actually see the expression on Sabrina’s face when she realized that Naomi was only acting and she was caught. I am so thrilled to see you are back writing. That means you are feeling better and that makes me happy. As for holding the next chapter, of course I am eager to read it. I love reading your stories. I am 100% behind you in your decision to hold off posting it. I have no idea what the chapter is about and don’t know what current events are the issue but I know this is your story and I have complete trust in your judgement. You post it when you feel ready and I will read it then. As far as hitting the likes, I would love to give more than one at a time but it won’t let me. I am pleased to be able to at least give one.

• 7 months later...

This is one story I truly miss. I doubt it will ever be finished, but it's the one story that I will remember forever. Thank you all for making what you guys did so memorable for me.

• Like 1