LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

camp or camping with friends

I was not a bedwetter when I went to summer camp, but I remember one other kid in our cabin was.  This was the mid-80's... and several times he woke up with a wet mattress/bed.  He did not have diapers, but I do remember that there was a simple plastic sheet on his bed under his sheet, and a few times he had to make the 'walk of shame' with his sheets to the laundry facilities.

I'm rather embarrassed to admit that I remember being one of the kids who gave him a very hard time.  Kids can be very mean.  I hope I've learned since then.  

I went to summer sports camp for three years during and immediately after puberty for two weeks each time. They had a special needs cabin mainly for bedwetters and I was stuck in there the first two years. They had vinyl covered mattresses. The last year I begged to be put in a regular cabin because I didn't want to get teased and everything went smoothly for a few days until I did wet the bed. The urine soaked through my sleeping bag and the thin mattress and pooled on the tile floor under the bed. I tried to hide my accident but it was impossible. The cabin counselor was very understanding in helping me and keeping the other boys to keep quiet ("It could happen to any of you..." he said) although among a hundred or so campers news eventually spread. A couple nights later a camper in the next cabin who was older and unlike me one of the best athletes wet his bed and that took a lot of the heat off me. After that he made a point of being nice to me which boosted my confidence.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2018 at 9:55 AM, stevewet said:

I never slept away from home because I wet the bed every night as a kid.

My father was a believer in the view that if you had to deal with the consequences of something you would get over it. I didnt like going to summer sports camp both because of my bedwetting and because I wasnt good at sports. I resented him for making me have to "deal with it" as he put it. And I dont think it did anything to help. If anything I became more withdrawn and had a more difficult time socializing with others my age.

• 2 months later...

I was diapered for bedwetting until I was almost 12 and even then I couldn't change my own diaper, worth a damn! The few times I went to Boy Scout Camp I used the same tricks I used at home.  Wash cloths and rubber pants. Not that I was that great at being secretive, I just never got caught.