LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Need advice (Having bowel issues)

Hi all. I would first like to start by saying that I have IBS and have had it for the better part of a decade. With my IBS I have found that I suffer from small amounts of leakage from time to time with some occasions of having a full blown accident (usually 6-8 times a year). With my IBS I get a timer that is like "you better find a toilet now!!!" Feeling, and sometimes I'm unable to make it and nature takes over and I mess myself because I cannot hold it in any longer. Well, in my mind, 6-8 times a year doesnt really warrant me wearing something for protection against my accidents. At most I would wear a maxipad to contain the minor leakage that I would have but most of the time dont need anything. 

Well, where things are different now, is that I've had gastric bypass surgery and things have kind of changed. Ive seen great results with my surgery, but I've noticed that the urge to go is more intense and i feel like i have less time. Another thing is that since my surgery, I've had 4 accidents (all within the last month) in which I was able to stop it from all coming out,  but not without making somewhat of a moderate mess in my pants. I've been taking the fiber supplements my doctor recommended to me, and I've tried withholding the fiber supplements to see if it bears any change, and it doesnt. The maxi pads that I would use on occasion aren't big enough to contain the messes I'm having. And I'm getting to the point where I'm having to carry aro uh nd extra underwear because I dont know when I may need them (had to use them today for instance). So I dont know what I should do. I dont know if some kind of diaper would be the solution or if there are other products that are better suited to bowel incontinence issues. I should relay the fact that I do have some bowel movements that aren't emergencies where I need to rush to the bathroom, but its getting to th point where the emergent need to void my bowels are become more frequent. Any suggestions? Right now my current relationship with diapers are on a want basis more than a need, but right now that line is starting to cross over.

Thanks

Ryan 

4 hours ago, gbw_dl said:

I dont know if some kind of diaper would be the solution or if there are other products that are better suited to bowel incontinence issues. I should relay the fact that I do have some bowel movements that aren't emergencies where I need to rush to the bathroom, but its getting to th point where the emergent need to void my bowels are become more frequent. Any suggestions? Right now my current relationship with diapers are on a want basis more than a need, but right now that line is starting to cross over.

Thanks

Ryan 

My wife had gastric bypass many years ago, and ended up with terrible bowel problems.  She doesn't like diapers and will wear a pull up only if absolutely necessary.

Attends makes a pad specifically for bowel incontinence called F6, that might help your situation.