LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Incontinence and veterans

Looking to speak with fellow vets, who have incontinence. How they handle it, do you work with the VA? Private doc? The VA has offered me free supplies and say they can get me attends plastic backed. I said sure figured free is free. What.other brands have you used that they can offer? Anyone have any luck with them paying for cloth.and plastic pants? If so what company and how you get them to do That? These sort of things.

Thank you

I'm a vet, but because I live overseas, I fall under a different program (FMP).  Instead of being supplied with diapers, I am reimbursed for the ones I buy here.

I am always happy to talk about my experiences with the VA, however.

• Like 1

I get confidry from the VA. I used to get M4s, but with them constantly threatening to discontinue, as well as being slowly worse quality, I decided to switch.  As long as you have documented incontinence they will easily provide you with cheap products. If you want something better, it wont be easy, but here is the general process. First you have to try all the available products the VA carries (called formulary products). Then you have to tell them that they dont meet your needs and why (skin rash, leaks, etc). Then you have to be persistent and self-advocate. It takes me usually several weeks or more and lots of emails/visits. Be very nice, but dont accept no for an answer. Start with your provider. If that fails, talk to the pharmacy. If that doesnt work, go to the patient advocate. It helps to be brutally honest and explain in embarrasing terms why you need the better product. In my case I told them I tried several diapers on my own and Confidry was the best. Some VAs are harder than others, and sometimes you just run into lazy or uncaring people. But if you are very persistent, eventually they will give you what you want if for no other reason than to make you go away. Just make sure whatever you ask for is something you will be happy with, because it can be very tiring and frustrating doing this. After I switched to confidry, there was an adjustment period I had to go through, because they are a serious diaper, and not too discreet either. But Im stuck with them now, and more or less adjusted to them. You can get cloth too, but Ive never done it. There was once a site that provided cloth diapers to the VA (angelfluff?), but I dont know anymore. There is/was a veteran on this site who got them. Maybe try a search. Just make sure you want what you ask for, because then you are stuck with them for awhile. 

2 hours ago, XyXy said:

I get confidry from the VA. I used to get M4s, but with them constantly threatening to discontinue, as well as being slowly worse quality, I decided to switch.  As long as you have documented incontinence they will easily provide you with cheap products. If you want something better, it wont be easy, but here is the general process. 

All great advise for Vets and the exact same process I went through.  I too am now in Dry 24/7 as the hold the large amounts yet can be difficult to conceal at times.  I jusy don't worry about it anymore!

They tried to do cloth like disposables which do not work for me. They said they could do something else that was plastic backed. I am willing to go through the process. Personally on one hand I want something that works and do not.care about hiding it as it were. However I work in a job I am always around people on my project as well as others. So I am torn.  Far as cloth if I could get them to do cloth diapers I would go that route as I assume they are not as noticeable. If anyone gets cloth from the va please pm me or post here if you will.

1 hour ago, diaperedindayton said:

So instead of the plastic back ones they sent cloth like after I said they don't work for me. Ugg

Yep, I just remembered this was another reason I switched to confidry. When I was using the m4s, they would often send me the cloth backed by mistake, and I really didnt have a good experience with them. I still have several cases sitting in my garage. Probably I should just donate them, but I guess on hot summer days they might be ok.

I just moved to OH a couple of years ago. After my 20 in Uncle Sam's Nephews (USN) I still have an ingrained aversion to appearing the "sick-call-commando." But at 68 many things have changed & I recognize that. Has anyone here explored getting any official card (or a Medic-Alert) for incontinence, via the VA? I'm unashamed; I'd get it on my Driver's-License if I could.
In about a week, I begin some new kind of immunotherapy for recurring bladder-tumors. So a few more things may be about to change. TIA.

If you decide to go cloth Angelfluff is a VA contractor almost everthing on the site is covered except the re al juvenile prihts the needed forms used to be on their website, from diapers & pants to onsies are covered .its one stop shopping.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1