LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First urologist visit-suggested diapers.

Well I have been a dl forever and always had a problem with wetting the bed. So I don't mind wearing diapers. If you know me I wear diapers almost every night now. I am likely to wet the bed without them. I have also been peeing more during the day with a lingering dribble and very urgent need to go. My solution was wear more diapers! My wife doesn't mind that but for a couple years now she has wanted me to go see a doctor about it. Just 5o make sure it was nothing bad going on. With all my medical problems lately I asked my doctor about it at one visit and was sent to see this urologist. Had the visit last week and answer a multi page survey about it. I was told to come with a full bladder  and did. This also meant going fully diapered as I said I get urgent and in case I let loose. The nurse was talking her sweet time and I finnally asked if they could bdo the test they wanted my bladder full for cause I was about to burst. She then said they didn't need it and I went to the bathroom. Ahh. Upon returning to the room she asked if I could give a urine sample. Really? After I just went? Well I told her I to with and the Dr came in. After a short chat they tested and found out my bladder wasn't emptying all the way.  Thus fills faster and makes things urgent. We talked and I told him I am not willing to take any meds that can make me dizzy or other stuff as I am already fighting that problem. I explained I was glad to hear that there are no major problems.  I told him I have already been wearing diapers at night anyway and don't mind and he already saw my day diapers but explained how I already use them as needed not just for wetting issues but for my ibs. So in the end he suggested that I wear pads and if I wasn't going to do the meds now diapers were my best option. He wrote me a prescription for diapers and hopefully my insurance will help cover the cost. Not really the out come I expected at all. We are to meet again in 6 months. Maybe by then I will be better and be willing to try some other meds or just stay diapered. Who knows. He said if the one med worked I may not go at night anymore and be out if bedtime diapers, but it can cause me to be dizzy so he didn't recommend it now.  Little does he know. My wife has no intention of doing away with night diapers. The not fully empty bladder thing does explain why even after I just went pee, then get my diapers on, as soon as I am diapered my body just lets go and wets right away anyway. I always wondered how that was possible. So diapers it is for now.

9 minutes ago, NotToBigForDiapers said:

Well I have been a dl forever and always had a problem with wetting the bed. So I don't mind wearing diapers. If you know me I wear diapers almost every night now. I am likely to wet the bed without them. I have also been peeing more during the day with a lingering dribble and very urgent need to go. My solution was wear more diapers! My wife doesn't mind that but for a couple years now she has wanted me to go see a doctor about it. Just 5o make sure it was nothing bad going on. With all my medical problems lately I asked my doctor about it at one visit and was sent to see this urologist. Had the visit last week and answer a multi page survey about it. I was told to come with a full bladder  and did. This also meant going fully diapered as I said I get urgent and in case I let loose. The nurse was talking her sweet time and I finnally asked if they could bdo the test they wanted my bladder full for cause I was about to burst. She then said they didn't need it and I went to the bathroom. Ahh. Upon returning to the room she asked if I could give a urine sample. Really? After I just went? Well I told her I to with and the Dr came in. After a short chat they tested and found out my bladder wasn't emptying all the way.  Thus fills faster and makes things urgent. We talked and I told him I am not willing to take any meds that can make me dizzy or other stuff as I am already fighting that problem. I explained I was glad to hear that there are no major problems.  I told him I have already been wearing diapers at night anyway and don't mind and he already saw my day diapers but explained how I already use them as needed not just for wetting issues but for my ibs. So in the end he suggested that I wear pads and if I wasn't going to do the meds now diapers were my best option. He wrote me a prescription for diapers and hopefully my insurance will help cover the cost. Not really the out come I expected at all. We are to meet again in 6 months. Maybe by then I will be better and be willing to try some other meds or just stay diapered. Who knows. He said if the one med worked I may not go at night anymore and be out if bedtime diapers, but it can cause me to be dizzy so he didn't recommend it now.  Little does he know. My wife has no intention of doing away with night diapers. The not fully empty bladder thing does explain why even after I just went pee, then get my diapers on, as soon as I am diapered my body just lets go and wets right away anyway. I always wondered how that was possible. So diapers it is for now.

My urologist never mentioned how I should manage my incontinene. He refered me to the continence nurse for that.

3 hours ago, stevewet said:

My urologist never mentioned how I should manage my incontinene. He refered me to the continence nurse for that.

Don't think we have those around here. I don't know.  After we ruled out the drugs he wanted to give me he suggested continuing with "protection"  and asked what I used now. I told him and asked for a prescription to see if insurance will cover and he wrote it up for diapers. Never expected this. Thought he would push the drugs more. So glad he didn't. I am so sick of trying new meds right now. I think he understood that.

I too have had urge incontinence for several years.i was having trouble making it to a bathroom on time an getting up multiple times each night to urinate.my primary care doctor set me up to see a urologist.he did a test and said I was not fully empty after I went already.it started with diabetes and neropathy in my feet and hands and now my bladder.i didn't like my urologist he always made comment "I had couldn't get the key in the door fast enough syndrome",i thought he was a smart ass.when he quit his practice I tranfered to a female dr.uroligist she has put me on 2 different meds,1 for the urge problem and the other for an enlarged prostate gland.they also found I have cyst in my kidney too.while I am better ,I still pee multiple times a day and most nights if not diapered  i'm up 2 or 3 times with short notice.i have had bedwetting accidents.i told my urologist no surgerys,that I will wear diapers the rest of my life.i told her I am using cloth diapers and she just ask me,if I knew how to keep them clean?it was my late wife original idea that I go back to cloth diapers at night an get my rest ,also not keep her awake getting up in the night.in my state medicare does not pay for any incontinent supplies.so we invested in cloth diapers again,i have no intention now of giving them up,i like wearing at least nightly.enen though I live alone now.maybe one day i'll find another good women.