LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why we have ads....

Got an email complaining about the ads on dailydiapers. I get these from time to time and when I do I usually reply with a simple screen grab:

Capture.JPG

That is what it has cost to host this site for the last ten years. That's just the hosting. Add to that the domain names, software licenses, original content and so much more.

And yeah I know "so and so" doesn't have ads, but that's almost always because they have almost no traffic, and are on a shared or free host with slow page loads and few downloads.

We pay extra for a faster port to keep the site moving during peak times; as well as extra security to protect our members and the server. We're on a dedicated server with premium hardware and priority support for when things break... in short: You can't get what we have and need for $19 a month.

DailyDiapers had 57 million hits last month with 869Gb of bandwidth used.
DiaperMates added another 36 Million hits and 276GB

Anyway... the point is that our sponsors make this site possible! Please not only tolerate their ads, but shop with them when possible, and thank them for making this community possible!

• Like 3

Firstly, the ads aren't obtrusive at all. (On mobile they mess with the site ratio, but everything still works fine.) And it's not like DD's ads are off-topic or anything.  Actually, I've found a lot of cool stuff I would have overlooked if it wasn't for DD's ads!

Secondly, I really want to give a shoutout to DailyDi and the other admins on this site.  Because yeah, sponsors are important and stuff.  But the fact that Mike puts so much time and effort into managing THAT much traffic if absolutely beyond me.  This.  Site.  Is.  Gigantic.  And if it wasn't for the admins we wouldn't even have a site to sponsor.

@DailyDi - Thank you so much for everything.  If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have half the friends I have today, let alone my writing.  You're literally one of the most defining factors of who I am today, and I appreciate you so much.

• Thanks 1

Mike - 

Just keep on doing what you are doing.  It works and we appreciate it, ads and all.  And special thanks for going the extra mile to let us, and those who complain, what it takes for this great site.  

In my opinion, you set the bar for what a site like this should be.  And a high bar it is!

Thanks!

6 hours ago, DailyDi said:

We have ads? Where?

There’s your signature with BiggerDiapers.com and the LL Medico thing at the bottom but apart from that I can’t say I’ve ever noticed any ads and I've never had stupid ads pop up like they do on WhoSampled or something

Hey mikey, the best way for people to avoid so many ads is to support the site by buying a membership.  its only 20 bucks a year and being as this is the best abdl website to ever exist that's not asking for a heck of a lot in my opinion...

:baby-waving-bye-bye-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 1

Two banner adds at the bottom of the page doesn't bother me.  It's not like they get interspersed between the posts like some sites do.

Why you do not have more of them, I do not know, The more there are, the more related sites persons have access to. The only real problem is are the for legitimate companies, and there must be a way to ensure that they are not scams. What would be a good idea is the addition of a page with links to all the advertisers in one place. A sort of 'brought to you by" page. It would showcase the companies, some of which are the best known in the field. LL Medico, Fetware, Northshore. And who would not want knowledge and access to the top companies

I do not know if you could do it, but it would be interesting if you could tailor the ads to the forums by subject matter

The way the site handles ads is fine by me too.  Nothing popping up, nothing flashing.  Of course we need them - it's the only way to finance something like this & keep it free to use.  If there was a charge for membership, I'd be very surprised if there would be enough active members to keep it working properly.  Keep up the good work - I think you already know how much we appreciate it.

This site handles ads well.  Due to the nature of what they sell, I feel I have less security issues with these ads versus other pages (Facebook, 3rd party, Gamefaqs, etc.)  So long as I don't have any viruses from viewing them, ads are okay by me!

I have zero problems with adds on DD. They are reasonable and they are related to the site. The adds even helped me to find stuff I was looking for so what is there not to like.

I Don't mind ads at all.  Like others have said they are not obtrusive at all and on topic.  If that helps pay for things I'm all for it.  Sorry I can't help with cash myself at this point.   Thanks for the great site.