LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Has anyone ever heard of EDMR Treatment?

Hey Guys, 

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this kind of treatment before. I guess this is a treatment that they say will go deeper into your memories to find the reason for your certain behaviors to try and find a way to make you understand why you do it but also help you with stress and anxiety (something to that effect, this whole thing is new to me and I’m trying to understand it all)There have been many studies on it and they claim it has a high success rate among patients.My Psychologist and Psychiatrist both recommended the treatment for me because of my depression, anxiety and also my PTSD I have do to having heard everything the night my brother was shot and killed. I probably could benefit from this to learn to understand my feelings and maybe some repressed memories but it says it also helps with addictive behaviors. 

Now, I am wondering if I really want to go through with it at all, though. There is one behavioral aspect that I don’t want to give up and that is my wanting to regress to a baby to help with my depression and anxiety! I think it would maybe help with my some of my problems but I kind of feel that people are wanting me to give up being a baby and wearing diapers. Mostly, it is my parents that I feel are trying to get me to give this up. I live near them and in a small town it is very hard to keep things to yourself for very long! They are quite religious but also don’t think I would be able to be in a very serious relationship if I continue doing this. 

I don’t know, maybe this is just me being paranoid but I have finally found a positive way (in my opinion) of dealing with my stress, depression and anxiety and I feel like I am being shamed into giving it up. My brother used to drink a whole case of beer or near that, to escape from his bi-polar depression! Well, I have an appointment with the guy tomorrow and maybe I should just go and see how things work out. Maybe he won’t even focus on the adult baby thing. Both my psychiatrist and psychologist feel that this is not a serious issue. Maybe I am overthinking it but I won’t know until I try it. 

I like you have heard about it & had it recommended & there was some consideration to try it by a former therapist who suddenly retired & therefore I didn't get a chance to try it & to be honest, after what I read & researched about it, I am glad that I didn't get a chance to try it because it scares me. I had a tough "childhood" & a rather traumatic past & trying to let go of it, (something that I am otherwise having a really hard time doing) is why EMDR was discussed for me. But essentially "re-living" those traumatic memories all over again? Yeah uh that would be a no from me.

Thanks guys! I had an appointment with the doctor that is doing the treatment. He thinks I would be a good candidate for this kind of therapy. Although, I will make very clear to him that my adult baby side is something I DO NOT want to give up! I do need to learn to control it better though. Since my my other doctors didn’t have a problem with it, I don’t think he will. They have both told me that as long as it’s not hurting anyone then they don’t see a problem with it. Hopefully this will help me deal with at least some of my issues and be stable enough to return to my job.

All I can add is that you need to be totally honest with your medical team which includes mental health. That doesn't mean you have to 'volunteer' any information, just don't lie. I know how small-town stuff works but they are not supposed to reveal anything to anyone by law. The most important thing here us that you come out on the other side better able to handle life and it's problems on your own so give it your best ;)

Bettypooh

Hi KMH8306,

At first I only associated PTSD was something only war veterans struggled with. After talking with my psychiatrist, I found out that other people can struggle with it also. I would not compare my PTSD with that of a war veteran by any means though! On the night my brother was killed, I heard everything out my bedroom window. Now, I can’t sleep very deeply because every time I hear the slightest noise outside, I spring up in bed. I have a motion sensor light on my garage but had to unplug it because every time my cat would walk by it, the light came on and once again I would be up fully alert. I know I will never stop missing my brother but perhaps with therapy it will become more bearable.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone! Your suggestions have been very helpful and I am at a point now where I can finally get a good night sleep without waking up everytime I hear the slightest movement or sound outside my apartment! I wish all of you the best of luck if you struggle with mental health issues or otherwise. I know it is a huge burden to bear but with treatment and the right combination of meds I am able to keep fighting! Best Wishes my friends!

• 1 month later...

I'm curious to hear how it works. But please don't get caught up on taking meds if that is their solution. Many of the issues people deal with, (including myself) all live in the unconscious part of our mind. We feed our unconscious mind by what we think about. A man is literally what he thinks about - you become what you think about.   Knowing that we can only hold one thought at a time in our minds, sometimes it's a matter of recognizing your negative thought and replacing it with another perspective that produces good results.  Sometimes the solution is a matter of looking at something from  a different perspective, and finding out what works for you. The difficult part I have is not accepting what I want in life, it's getting other people to see it the same way. I think this is what so many artists, and musicians struggle to do though their art.

I think self help audio sets are great tools to help you though life. Therapy is also good to give youreself an idea of other peoples perspective on your thoughts. But it's also scary because often people, even professionals base their opinions on their own experiences and I'm always worried that a therapist will think I'm crazy. This is why so many people don't seek help and for good reason.

The Bible and God will never let you down.

Isaiah 41:10-13
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Behold, all who are incensed against you shall be put to shame and confounded; those who strive against you shall be as nothing and shall perish. You shall seek those who contend with you, but you shall not find them; those who war against you shall be as nothing at all. For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.

Isaiah 54:17

No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the Lord.

is there really a God?  Yes, there is.

Thank you for that crawling-in- diapers!,

On my brothers’ headstone my parents had the part of a verse “and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.” My brother struggled terribly with bi-polar disorder. I know he went through much suffering in this life but it always brings me comfort to know he is not suffering anymore! I will always miss him but I can picture my brother propting me to due my best whenever I feel down and depressed!