LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

VIP / Gerber Adult Vinyl Pants equivalents

Hello Everybaby:

Back in the day Gerber made adult sizes of their Baby Pants.

Then another company VIP (Vinyl Incontinence Products, Three Oaks, Michigan ) started making them.

Then VIP went out of business.

Are there any currently available vinyl / plastic baby pants that are of the same material, look and feel as these vintage VIP / Gerber baby pants?

Any help would be appreciated.

Stay wet and happy....

Good question. Some might say, NO! There currently, is not anyone making comparable old style Gerber like, adult size ,vinyl pants. The source of plastic vinyl they used, has long since dried up. 

Gary pants, come close. And, I think Lang pants, come pretty close. They use to be sold by Changing Times, and they may still have some Lang pants left in stock, but they have discontinued selling them. The actual source for the Edlay Lang pants is, Life Styles Emporium http://showroom.lifestylesemporium.com/page3.html  Not sure how good their service is these days. They were always a bit difficult to order from. Kins, https://www.babykins.com/  kinda comes close. They are pretty good pants, and I like them, but I still would say, they only kinda come close to Gerber. 

Gerber, VIP, and Comco sadly, are gone! 

I have been looking for, any old advertising, of the Adult Gerber pants. Or, latter VIP company. I don’t know, if Gerber ever advertised their adult size plastic pants? Not sure, if VIP ever did either? 

Protex has something called i CAN'T BELIEVE ITS NOT GERBER II https://www.myprotex.com/products/135

Edited by Little Christine
replace broken link
  • Thanks 1

You would also need to know the exact patterns that VIP used, the surface of the vinyl sheeting, and the plasticizers and stabilizers they used. My take? Not gonna happen.

I know the feeling - I got hooked on those Alpha panties with the silvery sheen and thin elastics that AC Medical used to have and that Protex had in several different colors. They became unavailable a few years ago. Fortunately I have a few left, there are several other brands that I like a lot, and when it comes right down to it, the panties I like best are the ones I'm wearing.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

hi just wanted to say I found this great site for plastic pants its called cuddlz they are overseas but with the cost of the plastic pants and shipping still cheaper then usa, I brought a pair of the pink ones they feel so great just like the gerber ones, 

Not too long ago, I went searching for VIP but could not find them. I did find baby-pants. The Milky White are are silky soft and are the closest I've found to the VIP and Gerber classics. The other classic I've fallen in love with is the Blue Dinosaurs, which I'm wearing right now. This pant is probably 8 mil thick, soft and slippery! It gets crinkly and kind of noisy, but when worn with pants or shorts is quiet. They are very gratifying if you know what I mean. The Milky White are a good wear without the diaper too. When worn with diaper, they do a great job containing leaks. They "pull" double duty equally well :huh:.

• Like 1

Difficult?   Try impossible.    I never got anything I attempted to order from LSE.

I got an email from some guy there telling me what a hard time Peggy Lu was having, but I still didn't get my product.

• Like 1

Finding old school plastic pants the ones we wore when we were young really is a royal pain in the butt.:badmood: Personally I favor plastic pants made with an embossed type of vinyl, back in the days that was the choice of manufacturers here in Europe. Over the years they moved towards smooth sometimes even high gloss vinyl, can’t belief it :(. Not only that, I like my plastic pants to have a snap front and pockets to tuck your diaper into. Every so now and then I come across a toddler sized plastic pant which I can stretch to fit my adult body. I find them mostly in Germany they probably had a large market for plastic pants made with an embossed type of vinyl. Usually the fit is quite snug but not so snug it will block my blood circulation or pinch my skin, I prefer to wear snug fitting plastic pants anyway. :angel_not:  For me it is a continuous struggle to find plastic pants with the old type of vinyl then again every so now and then I am able to find one which fits me right away of I have to make it fit me. Bottom line, there is nothing better than old school plastic pants. :wub: Noticed only the somewhat older members replied so far to this topic. :roflmao:

• Like 1

Hi guys. I agree that old style plastic pants are impossible to find. They all are "modernized" using forward facing leg holes and formulations. Never thought it would become so hard. But the ones I've found are darn good and are very satisfying. I am feeling like a horny teeager again!

On 4/30/2018 at 10:58 AM, vvp39 said:

You would also need to know the exact patterns that VIP used, the surface of the vinyl sheeting, and the plasticizers and stabilizers they used. My take? Not gonna happen.

I know the feeling - I got hooked on those Alpha panties with the silvery sheen and thin elastics that AC Medical used to have and that Protex had in several different colors. They became unavailable a few years ago. Fortunately I have a few left, there are several other brands that I like a lot, and when it comes right down to it, the panties I like best are the ones I'm wearing.

There are two I've found that are close depending on your opinion . Both are from Baby Pants. The classic milky white (4 mil) are smooth but have some texture to the touch but ever so light. They are very soft and flexible and silent. They fit and feel good. They droop under their own weight when hanging off your finger. The other is the dinosaur print which adds just the right amount of texture. They are also 4 mil but with the print are much more substantial in wight and thickness. It probably adds another 4 mil. They are very soft and get crinkly louder with use. Washing them in warm water restores them nicely. I;m very happy with both styles, although the white are closest to the Gerber's that I remember.

On 5/12/2018 at 4:02 PM, dlnoir said:

Finding old school plastic pants the ones we wore when we were young really is a royal pain in the butt.:badmood: Personally I favor plastic pants made with an embossed type of vinyl, back in the days that was the choice of manufacturers here in Europe. Over the years they moved towards smooth sometimes even high gloss vinyl, can’t belief it :(. Not only that, I like my plastic pants to have a snap front and pockets to tuck your diaper into. Every so now and then I come across a toddler sized plastic pant which I can stretch to fit my adult body. I find them mostly in Germany they probably had a large market for plastic pants made with an embossed type of vinyl. Usually the fit is quite snug but not so snug it will block my blood circulation or pinch my skin, I prefer to wear snug fitting plastic pants anyway. :angel_not:  For me it is a continuous struggle to find plastic pants with the old type of vinyl then again every so now and then I am able to find one which fits me right away of I have to make it fit me. Bottom line, there is nothing better than old school plastic pants. :wub: Noticed only the somewhat older members replied so far to this topic. :roflmao:

I also got a pair with a Blue Carousal print. It is 4 mil and heavily embossed with horizontal lines. Seems thicker than that. Don't really care for them but are fine over a diaper.

• 10 months later...

I have one pair of large,unused original gerber adult vinyl pants, made by gerber, and have the gerber baby logo, original gerber vinyl material.

I have seen them go for a lot of money on ebay. But I will accept offers.

• 3 weeks later...

The Gerber style ones are my favorite plastic pants of all the types I have. Love the way they are shiny on one side and swishy textured on the other. The elastics are covered in a thin nylon mesh.. Im sad they don't make them anymore.  I was lucky enough to stock up on 15 pairs back in 2001. They've held up for all these years now.I do make small repairs to them if necessary such as small rips or frayed elastics. I do my best to keep them in good shape knowing how rare they have become..(some on Ebay for 100 dollars!)....The Babypants ones are a smooth milky white, not at all like Gerber plastic. The current Gerber plastic pants are that Peva crunchy plastic which isn't the same. I think people should try Fetware Pearl Pants.......They claim they are the old school plastic pants with a satiny texture....those might be the closest type nowadays.

On 4/21/2019 at 2:11 AM, MikeDJ said:

The Gerber style ones are my favorite plastic pants of all the types I have. Love the way they are shiny on one side and swishy textured on the other. The elastics are covered in a thin nylon mesh.. Im sad they don't make them anymore.  I was lucky enough to stock up on 15 pairs back in 2001. They've held up for all these years now.I do make small repairs to them if necessary such as small rips or frayed elastics. I do my best to keep them in good shape knowing how rare they have become..(some on Ebay for 100 dollars!)....The Babypants ones are a smooth milky white, not at all like Gerber plastic. The current Gerber plastic pants are that Peva crunchy plastic which isn't the same. I think people should try Fetware Pearl Pants.......They claim they are the old school plastic pants with a satiny texture....those might be the closest type nowadays.

There's tons of sellers out there who all claim they're like the old Gerber's or Pattacake's. None of them use the same type of vinyl, nor did they have "front facing" leg holes. I often wish that I had the knowledge to obtain the vinyl Gerber used (or its specs) as well as their pattern. I'd find some way to manufacture them, even if I had to do it myself. Can anyone point the direction to achieve this piped ream?

2 hours ago, ppdude said:

There's tons of sellers out there who all claim they're like the old Gerber's or Pattacake's. None of them use the same type of vinyl, nor did they have "front facing" leg holes. I often wish that I had the knowledge to obtain the vinyl Gerber used (or its specs) as well as their pattern. I'd find some way to manufacture them, even if I had to do it myself. Can anyone point the direction to achieve this piped ream?

Probably have to find the remnants of the company V. I. Products and purchase the intellectual property they own that shows how to make them.

I remember when they announced that they were closing, they said that the cost of the vinyl they use was increasing dramatically, making it difficult if not impossible to continue to make the products at a reasonable price.  IIRC, they said the cost of the vinyl was also somehow related to cost of fuel -- not sure if fuel is needed to create vinyl. 

For all I know there may be posts here on DD from back then that still exist that discuss the issues  VIProducts were  having that led to their closing. 

The waterproof materials that are available today are much better than the old Gerber waterproof pants. (I miss them, too). The old style plastic has been replaced by polyurethane laminate (PUL). PUL is a vinyl coated stretchy fabric that actually "breathes" so it won't trap moisture, which can cause diaper rash. If you take the nostalgia factor out of the mix, PUL waterproof pants are great and with a good panty pattern, they are fairly easy to make if you are handy with a sewing machine. If you aren't, there are plenty of commercially-made pants available--check amazon and Etsy. PUL also comes in a variety of colors and prints, which makes the pants a lot less boring than plain old vinyl...although I don't mind "plain old pants" if that is the effect you're looking for.

• 2 months later...

Babykins.com has a style of plastic pants called Softies that are pretty close to the old Patacake baby pants at Woolworths. They're lightly textured, super soft and come in many different colors. They are my favorite plastic pants.

22 hours ago, diaperwoody said:

Babykins.com has a style of plastic pants called Softies that are pretty close to the old Patacake baby pants at Woolworths. They're lightly textured, super soft and come in many different colors. They are my favorite plastic pants.

Got those last year when I was on a quest to "find the perfect plastic panty". They were hailed to be formerly of DPF (Diaper Pail Friends) and claimed to retain its name "Tuffy". Worked well with my cloth diapers but didn't care for the waistband/leg elastics; too loose. They are pretty thick. Didn't really do much for my "needs" as they were too soft. I almost gave up on the quest, but found 'Baby-Pants classic dino print. It's a little "stiffer" :rolleyes: and thick enough to make things more interesting. Thanks for letting me know though :o!!!

2 hours ago, Alyeskabird said:

Honestly check out rearz, they have good stuff, and I find there plastic pants have a better fit. 

OK, any suggestions? Even though I've found a favorite, I'm always willing to check out and try. A good pair of vinyls is a good time. ?