LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First time banana dare - PSA

Hey everyone,

I'm very new to these forums and have loved reading through all the posts and stories :) an awesome community!

I just wanted to reach out and share my scary and disappointing attempt at the famous banana dare.  Apologies if this has already been discussed, however

I wasn't able to find anything during my searches. 

To set the scent I have been reading up all about the method over the last week and was very much looking forward to giving it a shot over the weekend.

once my wife left for work I set to work.  I went forward with a glycerin suppository, as that was the only easily available option here in AUS.  I then followed that

up with approximately 5 banana halves.  Now I was getting excited :)  Not long into it I began to get the discomfort and satisfaction that has been discussed

in detail from a lot of other users posts, however I noticed that my eyes started to get a bit puffy.  I figured it was just from the strain of holding back so I continued.

Not long after I noticed that my nose was a little stuffy and my asthma flared up.  I still wasn't too concerned at this point.  I thought it would be a good challenge to get

up to grab my inhaler anyway.  Not long after using my puffer I started getting a little concerned.  I looked in the mirror and my face had truly started swelling up and my

asthma didn't really settle as it usually did.  I decided at this point something was a little off and bailed on the entire thing.  My swelling increased and asthma worsened.

After jumping online it was immediately clear that, although rare, I must be allergic to glycerin!  I began to panic.  It was suggested online that a trip to the ER might be needed

especially if you are having trouble breathing.  I was devastated as my first time back in the game was going to end like this! and how would I explain this to my wife as she has no idea!

I proceeded to grab a anti histamine, maintain my inhaler and monitor my situation.  If needed I would certainly head to the ER but I wanted to see if it would subside naturally.  Lucky for

me it did, after about three hours.  I was hoping my first post on here would be one of great achievement and excitement but sadly has turned into a bit of a public service announcement.

Although rare, I would truly recommend, before using certain products, to confirm without a doubt that you will have no adverse effects.  I had heard no stories about anyone

having issues with this and felt it would all be relatively safe but was quickly mistaken.  I am all good now and ready to get back on the horse :) Thank you for hearing me out and

always be safe.

It may have no connection but those allergic to latex should avoid bananas.  It may not have been the glycerin that caused your allergic reaction and anaphylaxis.  

Sad to hear it didn't go well for you :( I myself have been using the method without actual suppositories or with marshmallows. I have been doing this both while I already have small need to take poop or without need to go, the first time being ideal if I can dispose the diaper quickly and the second one being used otherwise. Satisfaction of pad finally coming out, without me having anything to say about it, is really intense, though I certainly enjoy the waiting part too. Oh and being in mess ofcourse. Used too ripe banananas last time though and the inserting quickly became nightmare.:whistling:

Never used a suppository when doing the banana. Always used KY jelly or plain old vasoline as lube. Never split the banana either, just shoved them up whole. 3 to 4 naners and a fresh diaper, within 30 minutes I have a really loaded diaper to enjoy. 

I agree with Dondd, my wife is allergic to latex, and therefore can not eat bananas. It could have been those naners! 

Have you ever had any trouble eating them? Have you ever notice any rash, being exposed to latex, like gloves? 

I have never had an issue with bananas in the past.  I eat them everyday normally!  Never any Latex reactions either which is why I have made the assumption it was the suppository.  I know google is never the best means of seeking medical advice but my searches did seem to suggest all the symptoms I had matched the allergic reaction to glycerin.  I have tried marshmallows with great results so its not all bad :) Thanks for the support!