LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Did Rugrats help contribute to people being ABDL?

I figure this has been brought up before but thought I would asked now.  Do you believe Rugrats the show helped contribute to the number of people that are ABDL's?  I know for myself I already wanted to wear diapers before Rugrats came out so for me it was almost a vindication that I was right.  While there are always shows for small children I can't think of any other show that stared babies in diapers as the majority of the cast.  I wonder if some people were pushed down the road of ABDL because of the show and are there people that wouldn't be ABDL's if the show had never come out.

It's possible. Weirder things have happened. Really, about the only way you could be sure would be an honest-to-god survey organized and planned by a statistician.

Taking the role as a devil's advocate, I doubt it was that big of an influence. I'm sure that some people realized that they had the inclination for the kink because the show existed--media just works that way--but I doubt it made more than a couple dozen people realize it. Hell, I'd say that the AB episode of CSI had a larger impact than the entire run of Rugrats. On top of that, AB/DL stuff just isn't that common of a kink.

In any case, I'm sure they'd have realized it through other means regardless. Maybe not as early or have been as open to the idea, but they'd have realized. For me, I the moment I recognized I wanted diapers when I saw diaper commercials. It was something subconscious, and it was during my dark years, but I realized it regardless. 

I doubt it to be honest:

I loved Rugrats when I was a kid, but I was into diapers before then: and I’m not sure I remember being obsessed about the babyish aspects of the show and wanting to be in diapers because Tommy wore one on display or anything in the show, I just enjoyed it as a good show.

It never really activated my kink since they weren't really people being regressed, which was always my interest. The only time it got close was when Angelica wanted to avoid adult responsibilities and went back to being a baby, diapers and all, which was just sort of the right kind of 'wrong' in that she was a mature character by relative standing.

I don't think it holds up under scrutiny.

If that were the case than all children's shows would have the same effect. I watched plenty of Spongebob as a kid, but I'm not sexually attracted to fish or the idea of being a fish. Our parents (and some of us) all grew up on Looney Tunes and old-school disney movies about anthropomorphic animals, but there are still very few Furries out there. Understanding what I'm saying?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree in that it did not make me an ABDL since I had already had that seed planted in me at a younger age, but it was a big source in pushing me more into it... I was at that right age while watching it, pre-pubescent so even though I wasn't sure what was going on, I know Rugrats had fueled my curiosity even more into wanting to regress at that age. An influencial episode was the one with Angelica's birthday when she wanted to become a baby again, that episode still resignates with me from when I was that age, if she could do it than why I can't I?

It probably had some role, as it was my favorite show while I was slowly developing my ABDL side, but there were much larger factors going on as well