LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

discreet or thin diapers

2sail2

I bought one all in one diaper years ago and the thing was huge and unwieldly with huge velcro tabs.  Chafing was awful. because the vinyl had small plastic dots on it, probably from the manufacturing process that scratched like 40  grit sand paper.  Are there any thinner ones and you don't feel like you have to waddle around in?

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2018 at 4:29 AM, 2sail2 said:

I bought one all in one diaper years ago and the thing was huge and unwieldly with huge velcro tabs.  Chafing was awful. because the vinyl had small plastic dots on it, probably from the manufacturing process that scratched like 40  grit sand paper.  Are there any thinner ones and you don't feel like you have to waddle around in?

My sad experience with all in one diapers is they are a compromize of the worst features of two worlds: the absorbent washable core; the waterproof layer.

In an ideal washable diaper system, both the core and outer layer would be designed so they are best washed and dried under identical conditions. The big problem is that while comfortable diaper cloth can and should be washed in the hottest available water, to make a plastic able to withstand very hot water, aggressive washing action in a machine and tumble drying, said plastic will be both stiff and abrasive.

My good experience, from wearing washable diapers about 12 hours daily (I must wear disposables the other 12 hours) is that the solution is very simple: Wear the kind of waterproof pants you like the best over separate cloth diapers you also find comfortable and effective.

Personally I grew up in pinned gauze diapers before prefolds were popular. Even if they were marketed as early as 1964, my Mom had grown up in classic Curity 21x40" 2-and 4-ply pinned gauze diapers. Those could be folded in hundreds of ways to fit the body and suit the situation. Mom was born shortly before the USA entered WWII, meaning her mother was able to buy the original PlayTex stretchy latex baby pants which went out of production early in 1942 due to wartime rationing of rubber. During WWII in the USA various kinds of plastics were tried as waterproof pant material. After trying many such pants on Mom and her younger siblings, Granny settled on thin vinyl that was smooth and slightly slick on one side and lightly textured on the other side. Gerber really popularized vinyl panties with the slick side on the inside. By 1950 Gerber was making pull-on vinyl pants in sizes from premie to large adult. Latex must only be washed in luke warm water. Gerber-style vinyl must not be washed gently in water uncomfortably hot on the hands.

Two other downsides to all in one systems is that the meeting of absorbent and waterproof layers never gets fully dry,

The other downside is that one or the other layer will fail before the other.

My experience has been over the past 50 years, the diaper gauze part lasts nearly forever and becomes more effective with age. The best waterproof layers wear out much sooner. Thus AOI systems must be discarded while half is still effective.

• 1 year later...
On 4/21/2018 at 7:29 AM, 2sail2 said:

Try contour diapers from Baby Pants. https://www.baby-pants.com/diapers.php

I recently decided to try the latest version of Zorb 3D Dimple fabric to make some soaker panels for my cloth diapers. The fabric arrived and at first I was disappointed at how thin it looked. I made six soakers and tried them. WOW! The stuff is thin but super absorbent and keeps me feeling dry for at least four hours. I'm now sold on the product as I have been using the original Zorb over several years to make soaker panels.

• 1 month later...

...I have three "AdultClothDiaper Co." medium contour gauze prefold diapers and are they great. They're so trim it's almost like not being in a diaper & in underwear. I'm a 36" waist & the mediums are just perfect. Wore one all day(don't wet or mess them)to the gym, out to StarWars, out to a restaurant, out to an ice cream joint and just removed it for a nice, thick nighttime gauze prefold for ringing in the new year!!!