LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What if diapers were popular?

What would society look like if diapers were the preferred method of waste management for all people? Would toilets have failed as a thing or not? If not, what proportion of people would use them versus diapers? What type of diapers would be most popular, cloth or disposable? What brands would dominate the market? What would would good diaper etiquette be?

This kinda "diapered world" idea is used a lot in abdl stories.  If something like this did become the norm I see two things happening. First would be biodegradable diapers. Necessity breeds innovation, if the whole world needed to be diapered i have no doubt someone would make a diaper that would last until some easy to make chemical came in contact with it.  The same companies that make baby diapers today would be the leading adult diaper creators.  Cloth would always be a choice but without the pollution problem I think it would fall our of favor.  

On vacation in south Florida and the diaper aisle for adults is huge at Wallgreens. Any style or type, so adults are into diapers more than you think. I love my cloth and will be back home wearing them soon.

Florida is typically thought of as the place older folks go to live when they retire.  Many retirement communities down in Florida.  It makes sense there would be a much larger area in stores for adult diapers in Florida than there would be in places like Montana, North Dakota, Michigan or many other states.

~50% of the population already wear diapers (Babies, Elderly, Medical need and ABDL)

If everyone had to wear, the progress in medical equipment would go so fast that diapers would become extinct faster than it does now

We have already seen the progress in our short timeline, diapers are getting thinner and thinner, and there is more products to replace the diaper for every day use

toilets would never go away fully. i feel they would be just about as prevalent in that universe as they would be in this one. as i think more on this, perhaps only businesses would benefit from this, really. workers wouldn't have to leave for bathroom breaks throughout the day. so i think that diapers in this world would eventually evolve into something associated with work and usually only used at work! specifically with the production and service industries, perhaps. at home, the same way people take off their suits, ties, heels and blouses, others in this world would come home and take off their diapers. we're familiar with the articles in the "diaper posts" page here, there have been various mentions of workers in various places near and far were forced to wear diapers to stay on the production line or floor for longer. so that wouldn't be a big leap of logic to see that being also noticed and enforced in the diaper world.

also in the same idea, the very very absorbent diapers would be used most, especially by workers for much less trips (if any) to the bathroom during their shift. even though the most absorbent diapers obviously cost more per diaper, the time saved by keeping your employees out of the bathroom would more than offset that cost. think about it, you leave the production floor, walk to the bathroom, wash up, do whatever, wash up again, head to the coffee pot, make a cup of coffee, make small chit-chat with a few people, read a small article or two in a newspaper nearby, then finally walk back to your spot, taking possibly up to and surpassing 10 minutes. and then figure this can happen probably anywhere between 3 and 10+ times per day per worker, to various extents. some will take longer, shorter, etc etc etc. and as stated before in this thread, technology would improve with the demand. so the most absorbent diapers would also be cheaper to produce, so the financial offset would be less with supplying workers with their day's (or perhaps simply their morning) diaper when they clock in. 

as for the increased waste that would be produced, i have read article and watched videos on using diaper fluff for fertilizer or water retention in the soil for gardens and planters. so maybe farms would benefit from this. also i remember a "diaper world" story long ago where the spent diapers were collected and were either simply burned or used as some sort of bio-fuel in a more complex way to provide power to the masses. and also with the improved tech, they very well could become a source of fuel for the world.

i don't think toilets would ever be relegated to history books, even in a pro-diaper society. ie: what would we do with aquarium fish that passed away? lol 

wow.... this got longer than i thought it would!! 

People would sneak around wearing regular underpants and trying to hide the fact from their friends and family that they aren't wearing diapers like they are supposed to wear.  They would secretly order underpants from websites hoping they would arrive in plain unmarked boxes so no one would discover their shame!  They would try to make their pants look puffy as if they were wearing diapers instead of thin cotton BVD's and would carry around with them a diaper bag stuffed with paper so it would look like they had extra diapers for when they needed to change.  They would carry wipes, a few plastic bags and a bottle with a screw top on it so when they had to poo or pee, they could find a changing station with a locking outer door, pee in the bottle and pour it down the sink and poo in a plastic bag and toss it and the wipes in the trash can so no one would expect they are not actually wetting and messing their diapers like they are supposed to.  They would have to be very careful bending down in public so no one would see the elastic waistband of their "Fruit of The Looms" showing out the back of their pants.  There would be some people who would purpously go out with their underpants showing out the back of their britches hoping someone would notice they aren't wearing diapers for a thrill!  There would be websites like "Daily Underpants" where people could join with an avitar and discuss the naughty aspects of wearing regular underpants instead of diapers and there would be photo galleries showing crotch shots of guys and girls in their underpants and panties.   There would be forum posts from people who have got caught by friends or their parents in underpants, humiliated for not wearing diapers or wetting the bed like they are supposed to do.  People discovered because their weekly trash is a small portion of what everyone else's is due to no bags of used diapers being thrown out.  They might even buy small bottles of artificial stink to sprinkle on their underpants or clothes so it they would smell like they actually wet or messed in diapers.  There would be special meets and get togethers where people would show up in underpants and discuss how wearing underwear instead of diapers makes them feel naughty!  There might even be roll play where someone strips off the person's diaper, makes them shower and forces them into underpants for the day, making them stand out on the front lawn for everyone to see that he or she is not wearing diapers but underpants instead!

• Haha 1

What stories do you think do the most with this idea? I've always been kind of interested in stories, but I don't know of a good way to sort them to find what interests me.

As a DL, I'm not very curious. The idea of diapers as humiliation or punishment doesn't appeal to me. I do like the naughty and taboo aspect, but mostly I just find them innocent and comforting.

On 4/22/2018 at 1:18 PM, Justadudeindiapers said:

What stories do you think do the most with this idea? I've always been kind of interested in stories, but I don't know of a good way to sort them to find what interests me.

As a DL, I'm not very curious. The idea of diapers as humiliation or punishment doesn't appeal to me. I do like the naughty and taboo aspect, but mostly I just find them innocent and comforting.

there was a story on here (im sure it was on here) years and years ago, back when i was in college in 2004-2006ish range, i think. now i don't remember all the details, but here it goes. the story followed a couple of high school/college age kids in a diaper dependent world in a future kinda time period. everyone wears diapers! from the moment you're born to the moment you die, 24-7 diapers!! toilets aren't a thing anymore in new constructions, robots changed diapers and every house, business and place that would normally have a toilet had at least one diaper changing robot. old buildings sometimes still had them in tiny walled off closets, but they were usually scrapped or taken to a museum or something. anyway, the two main characters are b/f and g/f and the b/f has an odd fetish.... he wants to actually use a toilet!! hold his pee, not use a diaper and use a toilet!! he goes through the process of finding out he has the fetish/interest, questioning his sanity about it, web searches and research, finds others like him, finds forums and online communities of others like him, he gets some basic kind-of self acceptance and eventually asking his g/f to humor him and indulge him in a bit of role play/pee play. it didn't go as smoothly as he would have liked and she said it was too weird or something and left. not break-up left, but just left. he feels bad, gets a start of a "purge" cycle sort of thing, but then he goes online again and finds out there is an actual physical toilet using community somewhere not too far from him. and i think the story ends with him either getting an invite to live in toilet town and contemplating going, or packing up and heading out to find toilet town. either that or i stopped reading it or the author stopped writing lol

i remember it was a good story and i enjoyed it because it was different but very similar to the journey the majority of people on here, including myself. also the idea of a diaper dependent world was very interesting to me, and still is a cool concept

On 4/20/2018 at 11:33 AM, Justadudeindiapers said:

What would society look like if diapers were the preferred method of waste management for all people?

The social media, web advertising and related industries would crash financially.  Production at work would increase by 10 fold.......  People would have no excuse to sit on the toilet and play with their phones.....

On the other hand, air fresheners would sell like crazy.

Joey