LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper training, but not IC desire

Hi all,

So a while back, I thought I wanted 24/7. I even started a thread here about it, but I also left the door open at the time to bail out. I was mostly trying to figure out what role I wanted diapers to play in my life. So about a month in, I realized I didn't want to actually lose control, so I stopped and spent a fair bit of time trying to figure things out.

What I finally realized is that I wanted to be diaper-trained... That is, if I am wearing, I want to be able to let go (#1 only) without having to think about it. So I made a point to wear during the day and just "let go" as much as I could, never pushing, never holding back. That has mostly worked and during the day, using the diaper is almost unconscious, but when I am not wearing, I'm fine.

Now I want to reach the same point at night, but I also don't want to become a bedwetter (for real). Like, I don't mind waking up when I feel like I need to go, but I want to get to a point where I can just "let go" without thinking, like I can during the day. Of course, doing this at night is a lot trickier.

So I wanted to ask you ladies and gents; Have you had any luck diaper-training at night? Did it every lead to any actual night accidents? If it did, were you able to get control back by backing off diapers for a while or something?

Basically; Any advice for night diaper training without risking accidents when not diapered?

Thanks!

c.

There are no guarantees in life, but -.  If you’ve never had an issue with bed-wetting it’s highly unlikely wearing/using night diapers will result in true nocturnal accidents.  I wouldn’t worry about it.  However, if by chance, you do begin to wet in your sleep stopping diapers should quickly re-establish control.

I wouldn't worry about accidental leaks, because if you really don't have the true desire- it's unlikely that you will begin to wet the bed.   At least from my experience.  I've slept in diapers for nearly 7 years.   Maybe about 3 or 4 times a year I might go without protection, but it's normally.  If not that- a Pull Up if I'm traveling and staying with somebody (Pull Ups are more discreet).   The protection is not a necessity, but I just feel more comfortable with it on.  Most nights I wake up in a dry diaper and wet it before I get out of bed.   Occasionally I'll wet during the night, but even then- it's more of a conscious act.    Mind you I'm a light sleeper.

As far as diaper training- I've got that covered.:D   it wasn't something that happened overnight, but as I got more comfortable with wetting- it came easier.   What I learned is try and pee in small bursts.   First, diapers work much better if you don't flood the diaper in one big pee.   Little squirts.    As soon as the urge hit- release a small bit.    I also tried the reverse potty time- instead of going to the toilet I wet my diaper every twenty minutes..         It worked.      I've also noticed that it much easier to pee if my diaper is little wet.

I have been in diapers permanently for six months now and I have showed zero indication that I am losing any night time control.  I was never a bedwetter so doea this basically mean I will not ne able to lose night time control?  For those who have become diaper dependant have you became a bedwetter without being one previuosly?

The only thing I can say I have the same experience as Mark Smith. I’ve been wearing diapers 24/7 for some 20 years now. Aside of that I’ve been using catheters and stents to uncontrollably wet my diaper for the last 12 years. Maybe I have the wrong mindset but even after all these years of wearing, using catheters and stents my continence is as strong as ever. For sure if I take the stent out after a long time of use I have to pee more often, but that usually disappears within a day or two.

So I kind of accepted the fact that in order to wet my diaper without control I need to set a stent and that is fine with me. I wake up in the morning with a wet diaper and my diaper gets wet throughout the day. If for some reason, which doesn’t happen all that much, I have to discontinue it can be done without any problems or complications.

I never wet the bed growing up.  But I have been wetting every night since the summer of 2008.  

When I first started to try to wet at night I would go to bed well hydrated and when I woke up needing to pee I would keep my eyes closed, wet my diaper and go back to sleep.  Each time I needed to pee I would do the same thing, consciously wetting, but always going back to sleep.  I don't remember how long it took but one day I woke wet and not remembering wetting.

What helped me most is I tried not to wake up.  I knew I reached the point of no return when I fell asleep one night without diapers and woke up soaked.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

• Like 1
On 4/25/2018 at 8:30 AM, dlinmsp said:

I never wet the bed growing up.  But I have been wetting every night since the summer of 2008.  

When I first started to try to wet at night I would go to bed well hydrated and when I woke up needing to pee I would keep my eyes closed, wet my diaper and go back to sleep.  Each time I needed to pee I would do the same thing, consciously wetting, but always going back to sleep.  I don't remember how long it took but one day I woke wet and not remembering wetting.

What helped me most is I tried not to wake up.  I knew I reached the point of no return when I fell asleep one night without diapers and woke up soaked.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

Do you wear diapers during the day as well?

Yes, I have been 24/7 for the last 5+ years.  I'm certain I could not be safe now without diapers and plastic pants.  I have been diagnosed with OAB and UI, when I get the signal to go I have but a few seconds until it happens.

I have been reading your progress with interest.  I wish I had started 24/7 sooner but when I was your age I didn't have the support and advice from others that is available today.

You are an inspiration to many and I wish you the best.